Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Dula-type theory: Meta and Object?

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    TIM
    TiNe
    Posts
    7,967
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Dula-type theory: Meta and Object?

    Labcoat proposes that the metabolism type (TIM) be called the "meta" type, while redubbing the exertion type as the "object" type.

    I can see a strong case for meta, but object seems overused. Thoughts?

  2. #2
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I thought I already ran you off once.

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    TIM
    TiNe
    Posts
    7,967
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    I thought I already ran you off once.
    Well at least you admitted to trying. Apparently you thought yourself above the ties that bind, eh?

    I'm tentatively settling on ENTp-ENFp for your dualtype. But ESFp exertion is another possibility.

    I can answer the same by this question: are you naturally attentive to the ways people's paths cross, and what will happen when they do?

  4. #4
    Ti centric krieger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    5,983
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm tentatively settling on ENTp-ENFp for your dualtype. But ESFp exertion is another possibility.
    Dubious. I've seen him react to some of my writings in ways I've come to expect from people with conflicting exertion types. You know, taking words litterally when they shouldn't and vice versa.

    * deleted due to not being reliabe info *

    * I currently interpret dynamics as "language", so you could say I need the most precise possible way of describing a system before I understand it.

  5. #5
    Ti centric krieger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    5,983
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    BTW. Object/meta language is terminology from linguistics and analytical philosophy. They belong together so to use either and not the other is not generally a good idea. I'd want terms that conveys exactly the same meaning before I'd ever swap them for these.

    Further: a hint for telling object-Ep's from others. We are constantly redefining our view of phenomena. We describe things by using chains of adjectives and brief tags that all characterize the same thing from different perspectives.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    TIM
    TiNe
    Posts
    7,967
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm using "meta" on the wiki. (and please critique the wiki, too)

    http://wikisocion.org/en/index.php?t...al-type_theory

  7. #7
    Landlord of the Dog and Duck Subteigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    EII-Ne Sp/So
    Posts
    14,935
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default Re: The dualtypes: Meta and Object?

    Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg
    Labcoat proposes that the metabolism type (TIM) be called the "meta" type, while redubbing the exertion type as the "object" type.

    I can see a strong case for meta, but object seems overused. Thoughts?
    What about 'dohickey' or 'widget'?
    EII-Ne
    5w4 or 1w9 Sp/So

  8. #8
    Creepy-bg

    Default Re: The dualtypes: Meta and Object?

    Quote Originally Posted by Subterranean
    Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg
    Labcoat proposes that the metabolism type (TIM) be called the "meta" type, while redubbing the exertion type as the "object" type.

    I can see a strong case for meta, but object seems overused. Thoughts?
    What about 'dohickey' or 'widget'?
    isn't that that drugged out British musician guy?

  9. #9
    Landlord of the Dog and Duck Subteigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    EII-Ne Sp/So
    Posts
    14,935
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default Re: The dualtypes: Meta and Object?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat
    Quote Originally Posted by Subterranean
    Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg
    Labcoat proposes that the metabolism type (TIM) be called the "meta" type, while redubbing the exertion type as the "object" type.

    I can see a strong case for meta, but object seems overused. Thoughts?
    What about 'dohickey' or 'widget'?
    isn't that that drugged out British musician guy?
    That's Doherty .
    EII-Ne
    5w4 or 1w9 Sp/So

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    TIM
    TiNe
    Posts
    7,967
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Those comments were rude and quite off-topic. They have no place in this thread.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •