Thread: Beta duality: SLEs and IEIs, LSIs and EIEs

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Beta duality: SLEs and IEIs, LSIs and EIEs

ESTp men think INFp women are crazy.

ISTj men think ENFj women are crazy.

Why are they still drawn back to this madness time after time? It's not simple, easy, satisfying or restful for anyone involved so simple 'duality' just doesn't explain it. These Beta relations rarely work out anyway.

Opinions?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Beta duality

Quote Originally Posted by zenbrat

Why are they still drawn back to this madness time after time? It's not simple, easy, satisfying or restful for anyone involved so simple 'duality' just doesn't explain it. These Beta relations rarely work out anyway.
    Based on limited experience (2-3):
    ENFj are crazy, but it's not hard, unsatisfying, tiring crazy.
    I can usually understand them so it's simple and easy, they give me exactly what I want so it's satisfying and they provide all the energy so it's restful. I can also be myself, and that increases easiness and restfulness.

They obviously piss me off every now and then but less than other types, except maybe other LSIs.
    LSI

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Beta duality

ESTp men think INFp women are crazy.

Opinions?
    are you basing this on experience?

my estp ex is with an infp now....i think he's a lot happier than he was with me actually. and i'm a lot happier with infp man than i was with him, for sure.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's bad about being crazy?
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PotatoSpirit

Based on limited experience (2-3):
    ENFj are crazy, but it's not hard, unsatisfying, tiring crazy.
    I can usually understand them so it's simple and easy, they give me exactly what I want so it's satisfying and they provide all the energy so it's restful. I can also be myself, and that increases easiness and restfulness.

They obviously piss me off every now and then but less than other types, except maybe other LSIs.
    Maybe that's it - dual "craziness" (high emotionalism) isn't as threatening? It doesn't dig into the polr. Dealing with it doesn't require one to flex inferior functions to exhaustion.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze

are you basing this on experience?

my estp ex is with an infp now....i think he's a lot happier than he was with me actually. and i'm a lot happier with infp man than i was with him, for sure.
    Yes, I am basing this on experience and observation. How is it happier?

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    What's bad about being crazy?
    Nothing at all I just find that the ESTp/ISTj men criticize these emotional women for always being so... emotional. It's part of who they are. Criticism for a part of one's personality that can't be changed isn't very stabilizing for relations.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find the one ESTp man I know to be crazy but in a hilarious way. He makes me laugh. For example, the other day he started telling me about all of the motorcycles he's had in his life and he just kept going on about it in a very matter-of-fact tone and I thought it was the weirdest thing ever but I felt like bursting out laughing.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe that's it - dual "craziness" (high emotionalism) isn't as threatening? It doesn't dig into the polr. Dealing with it doesn't require one to flex inferior functions to exhaustion.
    Yes I think that's correct. But it's more than that, I really like that craziness most of the times, it's what I look for.
    LSI

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@zenbrat: i can't say for sure whether my ex is happier, i just get that feeling.

how is it happier for me? it feels much more balanced. it's kind of like he thinks about the relationship and where we are at and what it needs. he is the one to raise the concerns and issues...then we have an Fe/Ti/Ni/Ne talk about it. i kind of focus on things we can do together, how we can work out being able to get together, who we should bring into one another's lives. he's much more relaxed than my ex and this helps me relax. this is good since i tend to get stressed out easily. i think i rev him up and motivate him. we can talk about crazy ideas together - we get each other really well. my ex would not do this. he just didn't have the capability. we are moving forward slowly since there's post-divorce individual work to be accomplished and we both have to spend individual time on that.

worries i have about this relationship is whether we will be enough for one another in the long term. how much do i need someone with strong Si and how much does he need someone with strong Se? at this point i seem to know when my Fi/Si loop starts and that i need to sit back and relax somehow. i see when he starts going into the Ni vortex and needs a jolt to get going. i can give some help with this but really not on the Se level.

there's this thing also we are doing about becoming more solidly independent and individually strong....i am thinking that will serve us well. then again this could be totally self serving, lol.

i wonder...has anyone seen or experienced a long term infp-entp relationship? do they work out?

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haha yes!! I completely agree with this post. I have two friends an ESTp and an ISTj both of whom are in long-term relationships with ENFjs. The ESTp calls her crazy and the ISTj was so fed up with the shit he pulled me aside and was like "I'm so sick of the guilt trips!" The thing is they understand why their women are crazy cuz deep down they're the same way and I guess in some way they unintentionally look for that in a mate... kinda crazy haha
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp