Thread: What's My type?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What's My type?

Hey everyone!

This is my first post on this website and I just wanted a little help narrowing down my type.
    I have taken the jung myers briggs test many times...the first time was my freshman year in college (4 years ago) and I typed as an ISFJ. Since the I have typed as many different types so it's hard for me to decide.

As a child I was friendly not very assertive and was willing to joinin in group activities once someone dragged me over. I got made fun of alot as a child I wasn't very popular. I sort of just did my own thing and let the "popular" people get the bet of me because I would show my emotions on my sleeve. I had some learning problems when I was younger math never came easy to me and I was tested for a hearing disorder because I would just ignore people when they spoke to me or just plain didn't care. When I was a kid I wanted to be a bus driver (LOL don't ask) and a Pilot (I still do). It was difficult for me growing up because I don't operate like most members in my family. I think most family members are judgers because their sense of urgency and order and regulation. I am more go with the flow.

High school was another difficult time for me. I went to a very strict religious catholic school and it drove me crazy. I was always on the oustside of popular groups and I never joined any clubs as soon as 2:30 would hit I headed straight for my car! My favorite classes in high school were: pottery, gym, art, science. I loved doing hands on activities such as pottery because I like to get dirty and messy and be involved in what I was doing. I developed a few close relationships with some friends who I still am friends with today. I wasn't a very rebellious teenager however no one could get me to do something that I didn't want to do.

College I actually enjoyed. Which was very odd. I went to a Johnson and Wales University and majored in Hotel Management. The people that I met were amazing and it was extremely easy for me to break out of my shell. I really enjoyed my classes because they were specialized in my field and I wasn't taking any bogus (to me anyway) classes such as philosophy. I forgot to mention that I love to travel!! I spent a total of 4 months abroad in Europe in my junior year which was amazing. Once again though I went with a group of 30 or so students and it was sometimes frustrating for me because when we would go to a city the professor would want us to go from one monument to another without stopping to really enjoy the culture. I am the type of person that when I travel I mosey along taking it all in and I dislike museums because they don't provide a whole lot of stimulation. So I often was with a pack of people who were always getting yelled at for holding the group up. Did I care not really

Now that I have recently graduated college I got a job working as a Front Desk clerk at a local hotel. It isn't the best job and I certinley don't think i'll be staying around for long. As of what I want to do for a career i'm not quite sure yet. This job is ok but it is most definatley a boring job and I enjoy alot of stimulation with more hands on activity. I was thinking last night about going to pilot school at a near by airport just to give my life a little change of pace and to do something that i've always wanted to do. I prefer to take each day as it comes and if an opportunity comes along i'll run with it as long as I can. I often am the one providing entertainment and saying outragous things just to see what I can get away with. When I first started at the job the people I worked with hated me because I could never do anything right! But Now that I have the details down I can do the job the right way. Since I have started my new job about 6 months ago I have come out of my shell a bit and people want me to be around all the time and want me to work when they work!

Ok well i'm not really sure what to write..it's weird to put how I act into words! Thanks for your help

Have you looked over socionics type descriptions? Which ones do you relate to most?
    Classical socionics: (), ILI-Ni
    Dual-type theory: INTp-ENTp

5w6 sp/sx
    MBTI: INTJ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Iconoclast IX
    Have you looked over socionics type descriptions? Which ones do you relate to most?
    I think right now in my life I relate most to an ISFP or ISTP....the only reason why I relate to an ISTP is that I have grown into a more logical person over the years and don't get as angry as I used to...and i'm also quite blunt with others aswell so its kind of a toss up for me

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

perhaps SEI. the hands-on, relaxed, non-assertive things all are appropriate to Si dominance and IP temperament. though its rather hard to say.

i say SEI over SLI for the sole reason that you seem to be infusing emotional content into the post, much like dee.

it could be helpful if you were to continue to write about yourself:

answer any or all of the following questions:

what was it, specifically, about college that provided you a more enjoyable experience than in prior education?
    what sorts of people do you associate with and why? (<== potentially very informative)
    what are some of your hobbies/interests/passions and why?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: What's My type?

Having read through a few times, I think you might be ISFp.

Quote Originally Posted by JRT
    I think right now in my life I relate most to an ISFP or ISTP....the only reason why I relate to an ISTP is that I have grown into a more logical person over the years and don't get as angry as I used to...and i'm also quite blunt with others aswell so its kind of a toss up for me
    If this is the case, then which quadra do you relate to more? Alpha, or Delta?
    Classical socionics: (), ILI-Ni
    Dual-type theory: INTp-ENTp

5w6 sp/sx
    MBTI: INTJ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17
    perhaps SEI. the hands-on, relaxed, non-assertive things all are appropriate to Si dominance and IP temperament. though its rather hard to say.

i say SEI over SLI for the sole reason that you seem to be infusing emotional content into the post, much like dee.

it could be helpful if you were to continue to write about yourself:

answer any or all of the following questions:

what was it, specifically, about college that provided you a more enjoyable experience than in prior education?
    what sorts of people do you associate with and why? (<== potentially very informative)
    what are some of your hobbies/interests/passions and why?
    I think what I enjoyed most about college was the fact that I felt as though I would really use the information in the future. I am a very practical person so theory isn't very important to me. I could never go to a liberal arts college!

As far as friends go I prefer to be friends with more rebellious types I guess. People who provide entertainment and just a general good time. Also spontaneous is definatley a plus with friends.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think ISTps are known for wearing their emotions on their sleeves though - quite the opposite, actually.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If this is the case, then which quadra do you relate to more? Alpha, or Delta?
    So this is probably going to be a stupid question but what are the main differences between the quadra's? I have been reading this website for quite some time and tonight I finally had time to make a post.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think what I enjoyed most about college was the fact that I felt as though I would really use the information in the future. I am a very practical person so theory isn't very important to me. I could never go to a liberal arts college!
    could you be more specific?

As far as friends go I prefer to be friends with more rebellious types I guess. People who provide entertainment and just a general good time. Also spontaneous is definatley a plus with friends.
    what do you mean by "rebellious" and "providing entertainment and just a general good time?" what constitutes entertainment or a good time for you?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elro
    I don't think ISTps are known for wearing their emotions on their sleeves though - quite the opposite, actually.
    I know I was thinking that as I was writing that...I actually think my Father may be an ISTP come to think of it. You know what else is funny too is that I have the worst luck at work trying to balance my cash drawer at the end of my shift! people say that I can't count! lol So now that I think about it I don't think a T type would have problems with that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17
    could you be more specific?

what do you mean by "rebellious" and "providing entertainment and just a general good time?" what constitutes entertainment or a good time for you?
    As of right now I see myself as S and to me that means being practical, being hands on, worrying about the present moment and less about the future.

One of my good friends is an Intuitive (INFP) and she drives me crazy in a good way because she is so far out there with the things that she comes out with. Not a very grounded individual and she is always talking about theories which I find annoying. But I love talking with her because she is really smart.

As far as the rebellious thing goes I'm not a rebel per say but the people who I get along with most don't try to fit into society and they tend to do their own thing regardless of rules and regulations.

It doesn't take alot for me to have a good time. It takes good company hanging out with friends watching a movie, going out to dinner or just driving around going no where in particular.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When you think about annoying people, what makes them annoying?
    How do you deal with conflict?
    What are some examples of things that someone can do for you to feel wronged?
    How do you react to be wronged? Do you cut off easily?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by detail
    When you think about annoying people, what makes them annoying?
    How do you deal with conflict?
    What are some examples of things that someone can do for you to feel wronged?
    How do you react to be wronged? Do you cut off easily?
    People annoy me most when they can't see all sides of an issue. Like for example where I work. Everyone thinks they can get what they want and they get frustrated when I can't gaurantee them something specific about a hotel room. I feel like shouting at them life is not a guarantee. It also bothers me when people aren't self aware. For example they don't see how they are treating other people or they see themselves differentley than reality actually is.

I actually deal with conflict quite well. At work anyways. Being a front desk clerk in a hotel where an average room is $500 in the summer people always complain. Only when people attack my personal character does my temper start. However personal conflicts among friends are awful. I try to remain in the middle without taking a side because I still want to remain on good terms with both individuals. However if its just me and another person and I fighting I don't really mind that I can deal with it and just accept that that is the way life is sometimes.

I really haven't been wronged too many times in my life. I usually avioid situations by always being aware and trying not to let people get the best of me. However when I am wronged I usually have an outburst and give the people a piece of my mind then i'm over it.

As for cutting off others? I don't tend to do that. I usually let people speak their mind without putting my judgement in until they finish.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nm
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Based on your answers, ISFp is more likely than ISTp, especially in the part about conflict.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by detail
    Based on your answers, ISFp is more likely than ISTp, especially in the part about conflict.
    Yeah thanks for the help! For a while there I thought I was an ISFJ but then I was reading over some personality profiles and i'm really not logistical or serious as SJ's tend to be but more spontaneous and would preferably have my life be an adventure such as a typical SP.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dee
    what about these, can you choose one from each pair? these are not perfect, but they are in the process:

process: When I have to leave something i'm doing now, I still try to finish it before I go. I am alright without tracking my progress. I do not identify with people who are obsessed with seeing the result.
    result: When I have to leave something i'm doing now, I can just do it at any ppoint easily and come back to it later. I want to see local accomplishments achieved all the way through.

tactics: I do not like to set long term goals for my self and if I do, I am not excited about it.
    strategy: I like to set long-term goals in my life and I have a paper or mind list of a number of them

declarative: I prefer to finish talking before I am interrupted, may ask to finish my speech. I also at times move from topic to topic when talk.
    questioning: I don't have too much against being interrupted and can quite easily finish if I need to later.

negativist: I usually point out the negative. I am quite mistrustful towards people. I frequently warn of possible troubles.
    positivist: I see more of the positive than negative. I am quite trusting towards people. I rarely seriously warn of possible troubles.

decisive: i am ok with being uncomfortable for a long period of time while in the process of something meaningful, i always feel a little tense and find it hard to relax, i can easily just stand up and go, i prefer sexual relationships whereby my partner is either being aggressive (not in a hateful manner) or a victim that enjoys it.
    judicious: i must be comfortable even if something i do is very meaningful to me and i cannot focus until i am, i can easily relax, i find it distressing to have to immediately stand up and rush somewhere.

constructivist: I usually focus on the exchange of the actual information in the interaction.
    emotivist: I tend to concentrate foremost on the ethical, emotional or relationship aspects of interaction, with actual information transferred a secondary concern.
    process: When I have to leave something i'm doing now, I still try to finish it before I go. I am alright without tracking my progress. I do not identify with people who are obsessed with seeing the result.

tactics: I do not like to set long term goals for my self and if I do, I am not excited about it.

questioning: I don't have too much against being interrupted and can quite easily finish if I need to later.

negativist: I usually point out the negative. I am quite mistrustful towards people. I frequently warn of possible troubles.

judicious: i must be comfortable even if something i do is very meaningful to me and i cannot focus until i am, i can easily relax, i find it distressing to have to immediately stand up and rush somewhere.

constructivist: I usually focus on the exchange of the actual information in the interaction

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

people who I get along with most don't try to fit into society and they tend to do their own thing regardless of rules and regulations
    delta
    Explain why you think the above only fits delta and why the other quadras are less possible.
    I personally think that shows irrational>rational more than the quadra.
    And explain these too:
    ESTj trait: nervousness, periodic negative emotional outbursts, Ej temperament, Fe role aimed at mobilizing always dreamy-like dual.
    weak and unvalued Ni.
    Anyway, I think JRT is ISFp.
    INTp
    sx/sp

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

However when I am wronged I usually have an outburst and give the people a piece of my mind then i'm over it.
    ESTj trait: nervousness, periodic negative emotional outbursts, Ej temperament, Fe role aimed at mobilizing always dreamy-like dual.
    You know what, Dee, that was a good analysis. I am not sure if it applies to this guy or not -haven't read the thread much. But it applies to me quite a bit.
    .... if you haven't been able to tell. That is to say, I'm not sure it matches this person, but it does match me, and nothing anyone has said so far really makes me think anything other than LSE myself.

Saying my dual seeking function is my dominant function is just not something I can mistake or overlook. It would be like confusing an INTj with an ENFj.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.