Thread: my reason for posting the 2nd and 3rd most likely threads

TIM
    SEE-Se
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default my reason for posting the 2nd and 3rd most likely threads

I was curious because it seems there are a lot of people here who don't understand Socionics very well, and/or there are a lot of people here whose type can't be determined with reasonable certainty until they have experience in serious, long term relationships.

It makes sense to pick types from one's own quadra, comparative, or look a like as the next most likely possibilities... but if you're picking types from your conflicting quadra as the next most likely types, something's wrong. How can you be uncertain in both Ni/Se vs. Ne/Si and Fe/Ti vs. Fi/Te? I can understand not being certain of one of the axes, but both? (And even if you've never been in a serious, long term relationship, you've interacted with parents and teachers and friends and other family and coworkers and whatnot... not to mention the fact that the 3rd and 4th functions are conscious... )

I don't intend to sound condescending. It's not always easy to figure out your quadra values, especially when you're fairly new to the theory. I have in the past (before understanding the information elements) considered myself to be ILE... and even SEI. It's just sort of disturbing that some people seem to think that their next most likely type is their contrary or quasi.

I think it would be a good idea for people to avoid trying to figure out their type in the beginning and just focus on recognizing how things related to the information elements have affected their relationships with people they've known, both positively and negatively. Try to find the common ground that makes you get along so well with some people, and try to pinpoint the primary differences in values that have a tendency to cause conflicts between yourself and others.

Once you recognize these things, there should be less confusion about which of the axes you value. You'll be able to identify which quadra you most likely belong to, and if there's any question about your quadra, it will be between neighboring quadras (instead of conflicting quadras).
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Makes sense. I mean, if I am ISTp (which im fucking certain I am), i'm not gonna tell you i'm a fucking ENTj anytime soon. That's pretty damn retarded to me.

I mean really, i'm gonna start LOVING being at parties and jumping from topic to topic and paying ALL my bills on time just as likely as all the opposite shit i'm doing?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, so we do not get to pick your reason in a poll for this thread too?
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I decided today that I prefer Si over Se, so naturally, I'd prefer Ne over Ni.

TIM
    SEE-Se
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra
    No no no no no. Stop. This kind of reasoning leads to mistypings. If you think you could be a Si type, the most important thing for you to understand is whether you prefer Ne or Ni. Look at your relationships. Look at your conscious weaknesses... the areas where you've had a lot trouble and frustration, and from there, figure out which information elements are likely your 3rd or 4th functions.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Wow, so we do not get to pick your reason in a poll for this thread too?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@joy: i don't think the issue is singularly that of being in a long term relationship or not. it's age and life experience with all kinds of situations and relationships. it takes time to properly identify your conflicts and problems.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

TIM
    SEE-Se
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Living with and sharing your life with someone makes a huge difference though. It reveals more about your compatibility than just working with or being friends with that person.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezra
    No no no no no. Stop. This kind of reasoning leads to mistypings. If you think you could be a Si type, the most important thing for you to understand is whether you prefer Ne or Ni. Look at your relationships. Look at your conscious weaknesses... the areas where you've had a lot trouble and frustration, and from there, figure out which information elements are likely your 3rd or 4th functions.
    I've had trouble with feeling sympathy for people. So, regardless of what I think of Fi (I think this is related to Fi isn't it?) I am shit with it. Besides this, I don't really see what else I'm bad at functionally.

TIM
    SEE-Se
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do you feel when people criticize you for this?
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so