View Poll Results: Which type accusation amuses you the most?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Quasi

0 0%
  • Conflictor

2 18.18%
  • Super Ego

2 18.18%
  • Contrary

0 0%
  • Benefactor

1 9.09%
  • Supervisee

3 27.27%
  • Look a Like

0 0%
  • Illusionary

1 9.09%
  • Dual

1 9.09%
  • Activity

0 0%
  • Mirror

0 0%
  • Comparative

0 0%
  • Semi Dual

0 0%
  • Benefactor

0 0%
  • Supervisor

1 9.09%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which type accusation is most amusing?

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Which type accusation is most amusing?

This poll, of course, is based on the types that people believe themselves to be at present.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's amusing when people claim that I could be an ESI, or indeed any Fi or Fe type.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For me it's super ego.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I've only been "accused" of being ESTj, INTj, and ISTj (by Ezra I think). Actually I find the ESTj one most amusing, not because of the type as such - obviously it's close enough - but because the arguments that the usual "he's ESTj" crowd makes are so incredibly ridiculous.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know why I said that if I did. It clearly isn't true.

With you, there's no Fe, and - in my opinion - a lack of Ne. In social terms, you're very introverted.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra
    In social terms, you're very introverted.
    What makes you think that?
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I get a very introverted vibe from you. I can differentiate between introverts and extraverts through the way they communicate. Introverted people are more likely to take the time to read large amounts of information, and probably have more patience. They think about what they are saying before they say it, and thus carry a kind of methodical and systematic air about them. Extraverts on the other hand are very much the kind of people who will skip out descriptions and just add their bit without having read anything. They're much more impatient, and don't think before they speak.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I get a very introverted vibe from you. I can differentiate between introverts and extraverts through the way they communicate. Introverted people are more likely to take the time to read large amounts of information, and probably have more patience. They think about what they are saying before they say it, and thus carry a kind of methodical and systematic air about them. Extraverts on the other hand are very much the kind of people who will skip out descriptions and just add their bit without having read anything. They're much more impatient, and don't think before they speak.
    I send my husband (ESFj) articles sometimes from the NYT to read and he always comments on the headline WITHOUT actually reading the article. That.drives.me.crazy.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron
    I send my husband (ESFj) articles sometimes from the NYT to read and he always comments on the headline WITHOUT actually reading the article. That.drives.me.crazy.
    lol. sounds like me. and to boot, i don't actually listen very well either. LOL

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

sorry for bumping this but i came across it and i liked the idea and now i'm curious what people will say.

IEI amuses me the most because its both very wrong and very flattering, lol. the image i have of female IEIs is, like, sexy little mysterious nymphs, which is not me at all, but i like the idea of people thinking of me that way. like the whole beta irrational hardcore stereotype thing. also with the stereotypes of ESI i feel like when some people type me intuitive its like "you're too smart and open-minded for that." its funny when people type me Ni ego they tend to point towards things i've said which were strongly influenced or given more concreteness in my head by talking to Ni egos on the forum.

i want to hear others, please!

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm amused by some IEIs, and some ESIs and some SLEs. like in "awww, i getcha" way.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSI is funny because i really don't think anyone would type me that if they met me in real life rather than on the internet.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LxI is probably the most amusing typing I've run across.
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

- I'm half annoyed half flattered when people type me beta, and the fact that it's so far from the truth makes it amusing. I'm annoyed because I usually find beta valued functions boring and even annoying, but flattered because it indicates that I'm not seen as a typical EII or typical "boring" Delta. There are also a lot of things about Beta group behaviour that I can admire, even if I get bored in the long run.

- Some people have typed me as IEE, which I always take as a compliment because, to me, they're the warmest and most inspiring of all types. Ne ftw

- I don't like it at all when people type me as ESI. I don't want to be seen as Ne polr, it's my favourite function! While having a few irl ESI friends whose attitude and confidence I can admire, they don't really possess any of the qualities I want to see/develop in myself the most (extereme open-mindedness, analytical skills, outside of the box-thinking, non-judgementalism etc). There are of course exceptions (like lungs ), but in general ESIs seem to have more rigid, dumb and self-righteous people among themselves than any other type.

- I don't know if this counts as a mistyping, but Aquagraph once explained the erotic attitudes very briefly and without going into detail to an Si-LSE (with whom I used to spend a lot of time) that didn't know socionics at all, and he asked if I was a caregiver. It was funny because I couldn't suck more at sensory stuff, but it also felt nice because I thought this meant he felt I was helping/taking care of him somehow.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    Axis of Evil: Iran, Iraq, North Korea and Agarina
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan
    Agarina does not like human beings; she just wants a pretty boy toy.
    Johari Nohari

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Agarina View Post
    I'm half annoyed half flattered when people type me beta
    For me it is the former all the way. Anyway, people who type you such are actually alpha. It is foolproof, I've checked it few times, so you can be sure you're dealing with some alpha.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I thought conflictor at first because that would be the wildest suggestion, but I might be offended that someone who obviously doesn't know me at all tried to type me.
    I was amused when Maritsa typed me SEE, so I guess I'll put that.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    For me it is the former all the way. Anyway, people who type you such are actually alpha. It is foolproof, I've checked it few times, so you can be sure you're dealing with some alpha.
    It's actually quite funny how my most common mistypings on here are gamma/beta, when in real life basically all of my best friends and other people I hang out with are alpha/delta. Also Ver said I have an alpha-ish vibe to me. Weird.
    Johari Nohari

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most amusing, probably when a stranger types me as SLE or SLI. Seeing as how i rarely engage in Se if im not alongside close friends, and that my Si is so inferior its laughable.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It's actually quite funny how my most common mistypings on here are gamma/beta, when in real life basically all of my best friends and other people I hang out with are alpha/delta. Also Ver said I have an alpha-ish vibe to me. Weird.
    No idea. I have to work on people to get them for I do not know them in the first place not being so keen on something I can't see and when I do not know a person I just don't bother getting into it plus I do not have that much free time. As for this alpha stuff vibe Ver has met you so I think burden of proof rests on her shoulders.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No idea. I have to work on people to get them for I do not know them in the first place not being so keen on something I can't see and when I do not know a person I just don't bother getting into it plus I do not have that much free time. As for this alpha stuff vibe Ver has met you so I think burden of proof rests on her shoulders.
    Heh, there's something alphish to Agarina, I have to admit. But I wouldn't doubt her self-typing - to me EII fits best. However, she looks very similar to an ISFp friend of mine.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ver View Post
    Heh, there's something alphish to Agarina, I have to admit. But I wouldn't doubt her self-typing - to me EII fits best. However, she looks very similar to an ISFp friend of mine.
    That would be really hilarious.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As for me, I used to feel flattered (and I'm still a little) when somebody types me ISFp or ESE and it happened a few times. Probably because their Si is strong and I'd like to be perceived as one.
    Martisa once typed me ISTp and I also like that however I never believed I could be one.
    I hate it when somebody types me SEE - I'm biased of course but I interacted with one SEE for a long time and I started to associate everything evil with this type. She was deceitful and manipulative, yet really strong. But, to be fair, I remember one of my best friends from high school was SEE Fi and I loved her . She was nothing like the other one.
    I don't think anybody has ever typed me logical type and that's a pity. I can be logical, too!

But the question is about the most amusing typing for me...That would be my super ego I quess .

TIM
    ILE, E5 so/sx, INTP
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was very amused when I was typed IEI based on my pictures.
    ILE; INTP
    5w6 so; rcUe|I|;

Perpetual Confusion Machine PistolShrimp's Avatar
    TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I found it entertaining that a bunch of people said I'm LII in my type me thread because I used Ti and looked like a nerd.

A dusty and dreadful charade. Scapegrace's Avatar
    TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They all piss me off. Goddamn "type accusations."

TIM
    SEE-Fi 9w1 so/sx
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find SEE an amusing typing for me.
    I misplaced my Se in the supernova.
    And I would hide my face in you and you would hide your face in me, and nobody would ever see us any more.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If by amused, I should read, boiling with an inexplicable inner rage and incomprehension, then the only candidates were Effie's ESI typing of me and Cylops with SEE as well...

But that was then and this is now and as I have grown and matured as, not only a human being but as a person too, I've realised that the locus of my identity and self lies within me and is influenced by those who know me well and can offer reliable feedback, as opposed to the naive perceptions of our esteemed friends.
    So in that sense the incomprehension turned to amusement, which is now gradually turning to acceptance and contentment.

Secretly I'd like a few more challenges to my self typing, I've had a few ILE's (which is fine), but it would make my day if someone came up with a convincing arguement as to why I was an LSI or somesuch.
    IEE-Ne

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fenryrr View Post
    I find SEE an amusing typing for me.
    I misplaced my Se in the supernova.
    Fen I have a gut feeling SEI is the right typing for you . But we'll wait and see. You do remind me of a few Fe creatives I know. What was that that finally convinced you ?

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As for this alpha stuff vibe Ver has met you so I think burden of proof rests on her shoulders.
    Ahh I don't think there's anything to prove. It's her personal impression/experience, not an objective statement. But I like the idea of having and alphaish vibe, alphas are cool.
    Johari Nohari

Creepy-Snaps

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    sorry for bumping this but i came across it and i liked the idea and now i'm curious what people will say.
    57-month thread bump... almost 5 years. That's got to be some sort of record on this forum. GOOD JOB LUNGS!

I'm trying to honestly think of a type I could contribute to the discussion... I find the occasional intuitive typing for me amusing, most people type me as a Sensor... ESFj, ESTj, the occasional ESTp/ISTj, etc. But quite honestly, I've been typed everything on this forum at one time or another, even INTp.

Perhaps ENTp I find the most amusing... it's from the people who find ESFj is slightly off, that Fe is forced, realize that I'm analytical, so their brain scrambles to fit me into 'Ti ego', but don't want to go on the Beta ST bandwagon, so they put me as the other Alpha extrovert.

I don't find the type itself amusing, but rather the person's disposition/bias to the typing amusing. I find it amusing when someone types me their dual or in their quadra... or, as I've studied people's reactions to my constant typeswitching over the years... I find it amusing when someone suggests a typing for me, which is in their quadra... so I type-switch, and they act happy/friendly toward me... and then I switch to something different, and then they react hostily, and different towards me again, unwelcoming.

I find it amusing that so much emotion can be tied to these 'defined' relationships, that someone feels offended if I'm opposite quadra as them. I find it amusing that people enjoy putting limits on themselves, just so they can be happier to have things organized in their heads.

Maybe that was too deep... OMG LET'S PRETEND TO BE FE AGAIN NOW.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

alphas are cool.
    Some of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Snaps View Post
    I'm trying to honestly think of a type I could contribute to the discussion... I find the occasional intuitive typing for me amusing, most people type me as a Sensor... ESFj, ESTj, the occasional ESTp/ISTj, etc. But quite honestly, I've been typed everything on this forum at one time or another, even INTp.
    Not to mention you have typed yourself those types all by yourself.

TIM
    SEE-Fi 9w1 so/sx
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ver View Post
    Fen I have a gut feeling SEI is the right typing for you . But we'll wait and see. You do remind me of a few Fe creatives I know. What was that that finally convinced you ?
    thePirate and woofwoofl both changed their typing of me from IEE->SEI, which kinda made me think about it more. I was still kinda sceptical until I realized that I had mistaken negativism for Ne. And then I dunno. I don't know if there was 1 thing that convinced me, so much as a lot of things kinda falling together.
    Though I'm still not 100% on SEI; there are a lot of people who still type me IEE.
    And I would hide my face in you and you would hide your face in me, and nobody would ever see us any more.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by labster View Post
    LSI is funny because i really don't think anyone would type me that if they met me in real life rather than on the internet.
    How far do you live from Vancouver?
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.

The16types.info Scientific Model

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEI (by jinxi) is far off for me, I can't think of anything hinting to that. He probably wasn't speaking in socionic terms, anyway. Plus all the extrovert types and F types (ESI by nico1e), though nobody seriously considered me to be an extrovert, except ILE (by Galen iirc) at some point.

Judging from my presence here as a whole, I see the types LII and ILI as "plausible" for the people typing me, since I can see how I come off as intuitive.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Ineffable View Post
    How far do you live from Vancouver?
    thousands of miles... is this another one of your "educated" guesses as to the details of my personal life? cause it sucks just as bad as the other ones.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

the idea of a challenge to a person's self-typing as an "accusation" is interesting in the first place. i wonder if the OP was asking about any instance where an established self-typing is questioned (in which case i'd wonder why the situation should be labeled an "accusation"), or more specifically about retypings that seem potentially politically motivated and/or assigned as an insult.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thousands of miles... is this another one of your "educated" guesses as to the details of my personal life? cause it sucks just as bad as the other ones.
    LOL, nevermind that, it was just a possibility and I don't have too often the occasion to leave the country . So Mr. Labcoat lives so close! The serious Dutchman I will definitely pay you a visit, ok? Just keep in mind that I'm not interested in Heineken, I want something more exotic.
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.

The16types.info Scientific Model

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

That's right, do not drink that fried chicken Heineken and demand sex from labcoat.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glam View Post
    the idea of a challenge to a person's self-typing as an "accusation" is interesting in the first place. i wonder if the OP was asking about any instance where an established self-typing is questioned (in which case i'd wonder why the situation should be labeled an "accusation"), or more specifically about retypings that seem potentially politically motivated and/or assigned as an insult.
    lol, i think "accusation" is a refreshingly honest way to put it. in a similar vein i think people should say "i WANT you to be ESFp" etc for the sake of honesty cause half of the time that is really the sentiment that a typing expresses.

Quote Originally Posted by The Ineffable View Post
    LOL, nevermind that, it was just a possibility and I don't have too often the occasion to leave the country . So Mr. Labcoat lives so close! The serious Dutchman I will definitely pay you a visit, ok? Just keep in mind that I'm not interested in Heineken, I want something more exotic.
    i'll concede it doesn't take much for you to gross me out but this definitely crosses the line.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

lol, i think "accusation" is a refreshingly honest way to put it. in a similar vein i think people should say "i WANT you to be ESFp" etc for the sake of honesty cause half of the time that is really the sentiment that a typing expresses.
    i guess i just don't automatically make the assumption one way or another. i think in a lot of cases and with certain people, yeah that could be the case. but it depends on the situation and who is involved.

many people likely offer their best guess at the person's type that has nothing to do with how they may "want" to type the person. in fact there are probably some people who don't even experience these "want"-ing feelings, lol

i personally would be at least little annoyed if someone wanted to dismiss my typing of them by claiming i'm only doing it because i "want" them to be that type.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast