0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

1 2.78%

1 2.78%

7 19.44%
  • Never

27 75.00%

Thread: How many bones have you ever broken?

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Default How many bones have you ever broken?

When I ask this, I don't mean other people's bones :wink: - I'm also not implying that you broke your bones deliberately. Either count the number of bones or the number of incidents where you have broken a bone (i.e. the results might be a bit skewed if you broke three finger bones at once or something).

I've never broken a bone in my life (well, not one of mine, anyway), so I was wondering if this was related to type or anything, so post as well as vote .

Creepy-bg

three... I broke my nose when I was a teenager in karate. We were doing these evil excersises my brother made up for class called "yodas" where you wrap your arms around the back of your legs and stand on your hands... I tipped forward and smashed my nose into the ground.

then I broke my foot once when I tripped on a curb walking to friends house all coked up in the middle of the night... lol I didn't even feel it I was so loaded. I walked the rest of the way there, hung out until sunrise... then rode his bike home. When I woke up later that day my foot was like twice the size it's supposed to be

Then a few years ago I broke a finger when I slammed the door of the "safe" safe that was embedded in the ground at work on it when I was putting the money away after closing the store. haha I didn't bother going to a doctor or anything. just taped it up for a week or two to the finger next door. Now that fingers all crazy crooked and stuff

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

broke my ribs in a car accident in the 80's....

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Those who have never broken a bone have lived a sheltered life.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm pretty sure I've broken a finger and multiple toes, but I've never gone to the doctor for any of those. I've never broken any other bones, except if you count my nose (but a doctor did that on purpose for a surgery, so I don't count it).

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

These results are quite surprising - I tend to find that maybe just over half of all people have broken some bone or other.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

shouldn't this thread go to "Anything Goes"? anyway, sorry for pooping the party but i've never broken a bone. and i haven't lived a sheltered life . i got run over by a minivan, crashed my bike at full-speed on a parked car, got my nose twisted on three different occasions, got a crack in my right foot while playing soccer, bruised a ligament in my left knee while riding my bike like a bat outta hell, landed on my neck while messing on the seesaw at a playground when i was a small kid... the list goes on. almost died several times, but i've never broken a bone.
    IEI - the nasty kind...

context is king
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra
    qft

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by little red riding hood
    shouldn't this thread go to "Anything Goes"? anyway, sorry for pooping the party but i've never broken a bone. and i haven't lived a sheltered life . i got run over by a minivan, crashed my bike at full-speed on a parked car, got my nose twisted on three different occasions, got a crack in my right foot while playing soccer, bruised a ligament in my left knee while riding my bike like a bat outta hell, landed on my neck while messing on the seesaw at a playground when i was a small kid... the list goes on. almost died several times, but i've never broken a bone.
    Bolded part QFT
    Never breaking a bone doesn't mean having lived a sheltered life.

Edit: I've gotten into several accidents, bike, car, or while playing a sport. Only injury I've got was spraining my toe.
    INTp
    sx/sp

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually I'm quite proud of living a sheltered life. Being safe and cozy. In fact I wouldn't want it any other way. And never broke a bone.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I've broken someone else's bone - but it was an accident, honest! I think that must make me a hard ass, because noone has eevr broken any of my bones.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

let's show each other our scars....lol

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Usual idiotic comment. I've biked around 100000 kms up and down hills and mountains, and never broken a bone. Maybe you just lack coordination?
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i've never broken a bone, which is really surprising to me, as i've sprained nearly everything that is sprainable. i also apparently have very small bones. i bruised a tendon once and the doctor pretty much told me he wasn't at all impressed with the size of my bones. i was mildly offended!

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In spite of the back issues that I've had, I think I must have a very sturdy bone structure.

(One time this guy was like, "You're German, aren't you?" and I was like, "Yeah". He said, "I can tell because you're got that stocky German build." I was like . He was like, "Don't get me wrong, you're like Mary Poppins: practically perfect in every way. When I say 'stocky' I mean it as a compliment. You've got that strong, sturdy German build... wide shoulders, full hips, round arms, that sort of thing. I'll bet you're a lot stronger than you look, too." wtf? It's true that I was always really strong for my size, but seriously... calling a girl "stocky" is not a good way to win her over. )
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Creepy-bg

you remembered him didn't you? :wink:

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    Usual idiotic comment. I've biked around 100000 kms up and down hills and mountains, and never broken a bone. Maybe you just lack coordination?
    Hahaha fuck you.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have broken one finger. It was pretty useless for a long time. Then I have destroyed my ankle but I'm not sure if a bone got broken there. It was never X-rayed I just kept it tied up for like a month or so and then it slowly got better.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i am an invertebrate

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by snegledmaca
    Actually I'm quite proud of living a sheltered life. Being safe and cozy. In fact I wouldn't want it any other way. And never broke a bone.
    You pretty much answered for me.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the only thing I've broken is a pinki toe. That's it.
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Broke my arm in second grade, fell off the jungle gym cause I was paying attention to the cute blond girl at the other end and not to where my damn hand was.

Had my nose broken in highschool when I was on the wrestling team, was sparring and of course two fat kids had to spar next to me and my partner, one of the fat kids foot met my face, had that broken nose for a good few months. I looked bad ass though

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. tailbone. I fell on a granite rock shaped rather like this: It really hurt. The bone is broken and smashed, and now sits at an odd angle. It usually doesn't hurt anymore.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've never broken any of my own bones (broke a couple of noses in school fights). And I have lived a sheltered life. But I guess I didn't have to.
    EII
    4w5, sp/sx

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

None. I'm a careful person.... really why would you do anything where you'd break your bones in the first place? Dumb.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've never broken any of my own bones... I have however broken 5 bones on other people. Definitely haven't lived a sheltered life, I'd imagine mine has been exactly opposite of sheltered.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've actually thought about this before. I've never broken a bone or needed stitches due to any accident. I think it might be slightly type related but definitely function related. INTps and INFps, for example, being Ni-dominant types are I think less likely to break bones or need to get stitches. I don't think this has to do with living a "sheltered" existence as I played lots of sports when I was kid and teenager. Soccer, hockey, skiing, baseball etc. Furthermore, I still occassionally do things that might be considered "dangerous", i.e. in the winter tobogganing off jumps and forcing my gt snowracer to wipe out at the bottom of the hill so i lose control, go flying off and roll around in the snow theatrically for my friend's amusement lol. That being said while this might appear "dangerous" to others i personally don't find it so cause I know how to properly wipe out, it's about going with it rather than fighting it. People that break bones by falling down, whether by skiing, running, losing balance etc. usually do so by trying to break their fall and therefore landing awkwardly.

I think Ni helps avoid situations that are actually dangerous. If something looks stupid to me I won't do it. When I was a kid and other people were trying to convince me to do things that I thought were stupid I would get them to go first. Types that lack Ni, i.e. most the ESTjs and ESFjs that I know have broken bones/needed stitches to such a degree that it can't be cooincidence. They just don't 'see it coming' so to speak. The socioscope IEI description also mentions using Ni as a means to avoid danger in advance.
    INFp-Ni

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    idiotic comment.
    Yes.

I have never broken a bone in my entire life either, despite my "extra" years in relation to most of you. Guess what, I have never had any kind of surgery, either - I never spent a night in a hospital. I'm not going to list here all the near-misses.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!