Thread: Improvement on explaining S/D?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Improvement on explaining S/D?

Dynamics are more aware of the continuum of time.
    Statics are more aware of the significant "cross sections" of time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Static-Dynamic for me is related to the fact that we live in a space-time. If you freeze time and look at space you see that everything has a state. Information about this state is called static. Then when you let time continue you see that the state changes, that things affect each other, influence each other. Information about this behaviour is called dynamic. So static functions perceive the state of things and dynamic functions perceive the behaviour of things.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't believe in static or dynamic functions. I do however believe in static and dynamic types.

static functions perceive the state of things
    I dont believe this to be true for a person who's dominant function is Se...there is much more to Se than that as far as the Ego block is concerned. That may however be true for someone who's type is static.

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Default Re: Improvement on explaining S/D?

Quote Originally Posted by Elzo
    Dynamics are more aware of the continuum of time.
    Statics are more aware of the significant "cross sections" of time.
    I think that is correct :wink:.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't believe in static or dynamic functions. I do however believe in static and dynamic types.

I dont believe this to be true for a person who's dominant function is Se...there is much more to Se than that as far as the Ego block is concerned. That may however be true for someone who's type is static.
    It helps to take into consideration the complimentary unconscious functions.
    For example, an Se ego type would have a complimentary unconscious Ni. The back of their brain is aware of the Ni, but they themselves focus on the Se. Vice versa for the Ni ego.

An N walking down the street is going to somehow have to be able to navigate around the real world objects or it'll die real quick. So it leaves the back of the mind (unconscious) to be aware of those objects and/or where they are in relation to self so that it can focus on the N. Same thing with the S, leaving the implicit aspect for the back of the mind to track so that it can focus on either the real world objects in front of it...or the real world relationships between them.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm, the functions themselves and how they are expressed aren't static. In fact I would say they are dynamic. What is meant with a static function is that it perceives and interprets information about static aspects of reality. Shape, form, structure, relations, potential, qualities... they express the state of something.

I can't really speak for Se types, but perhaps, generally, you could say they want to put things into shape, forcefully if necessary, up to a point that they are content with their Se awareness of it?