Thread: ESFps and insincerity, faking emotions and interest

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ESFps and insincerity, faking emotions and interest

-
    Last edited by Dee; 02-26-2009 at 02:23 AM.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sure there are many SEE's who do that, but I wouldn't consider it a type trait or anything like that. SEE's generally say it like it is. If they don't like you, you'll know it. If they're irritated with you, you'll know it.

Remember, they're the dual of a Fe PoLR type. In understanding any type, it's important to also understand their dual.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah... but I was more so addressing their PoLR. They have a difficult time reading and understanding the emotions of others, and this is an area that causes them a lot of stress. Their dual would be someone who wouldn't make it even more difficult and cause even greater stress related to their PoLR.

The Fi hidden agenda is a good point though. Te types need a partner who will be confident enough in the closeness and strength of the relationship for both of them (okay, maybe this applies more to Fi dual seeking types, but it should be somewhat applicable to Fi hidden agenda types to), and they need to be able to trust their partner's assessment of and communication about the relationship.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dee
    i think it's very good what you said, but i would also add that Fe strong can sense the Fe PoLR emotions as these guys hide it. it does make sense that this is more of a purpose for Fe strong vital than anything else, doesn't it?
    Sort of... though it's addressed through Fi. And I wouldn't say Te types hide their emotions, exactly... more often than not, they're not entirely sure how they feel. That's one reason they need a partner who knows them better than they know themselves.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm... but they do feel emotions, right? i mean they do notice them, maybe just don't know how to call which, huh?
    Hmm.. this is going to be difficult to explain. We do have emotions, we do experience them. We don't like expressing them and in doing so, we end up suppressing them. Because they're suppressed, it can be difficult to know exactly what we're feeling because of this psychological barrier between our consciousness and the emotional energies. That's how I understand it anyway, others may have different views on it. Does that make sense though?
    ILI (Indescribable Lovemaking Inc.)
    5w4 so/sx

"IP temperament! Because today's concerns are tomorrow's indifferences!"

Lord Fnorgle's Domain - A slowly growing collection of music, poetry and literature.
    Stickam music performances

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: ESFps and sincerity

i've communicated with several ESFps already and sometimes i get a feeling that even though they all sound very respectful and interested, they really fake it.
    I have the exact same experience.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We do fake emotions when we feel like we need to, however a lot of times because our emotions are situational a lot of the time we can mean it at that moment but it may not be consistent.
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The feeling I get when somebody isn't sincere is best to describe as:

getting the feeling to be not important enough to share the truth.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno

I see it often as the individual just wants to avoid conflict. Being insincere (or not totally honest) is the chosen tactic of a lot of "indirect" types. I've learned by experience that the sin of omission is sometimes the path of least resistance.

It's not really a question of "important".
    socio: INFp - IEI
    ennea: 4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Twain
    Only kings, presidents, editors, and people with tapeworms have the right to use the editorial 'we'.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aka-kitsune

I see it often as the individual just wants to avoid conflict. Being insincere (or not totally honest) is the chosen tactic of a lot of "indirect" types. I've learned by experience that the sin of omission is sometimes the path of least resistance.

It's not really a question of "important".
    i agree with aka thats the reason for 99% of my insincerity
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder
    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    The Fi hidden agenda is a good point though. Te types need a partner who will be confident enough in the closeness and strength of the relationship for both of them (okay, maybe this applies more to Fi dual seeking types, but it should be somewhat applicable to Fi hidden agenda types to), and they need to be able to trust their partner's assessment of and communication about the relationship.
    I think this is more pronounced for Victims.
    definitely- that description doesn't talk about how Fi hidden agendas and Te hidden agendas work together though
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sure, but it mentions similar things about being uncertain about one's feelings, needing the other person to be straightforward, etc.

LIEs get the short end of the stick when it comes to , really.
    yep. that works with LSE's too i guess.
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by liveandletlive
    Sure, but it mentions similar things about being uncertain about one's feelings, needing the other person to be straightforward, etc.

LIEs get the short end of the stick when it comes to , really.
    yep. that works with LSE's too i guess.
    Well, you already have the short end of the stick just by having a dual-seeking function, but as I was saying, I think the uncertainty aspects of Fi-seeking are enhanced by also being a Victim, for the reasons above.
    yeah
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

i've communicated with several ESFps already and sometimes i get a feeling that even though they all sound very respectful and interested, they really fake it.
    I have the same experience just about everyone Not that I think they secretly hate me. But I assume, I'm really just indifferent to them.
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

INTp

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord
    I have the same experience just about everyone Not that I think they secretly hate me. But I assume, I'm really just indifferent to them.
    yeah same i also feel like i need to prove my worth to everyone
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp