Results 1 to 31 of 31

Thread: Beta types being fearful and pananoid

  1. #1
    liveandletlive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    1,290
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Beta types being fearful and pananoid

    All the beta's I know seem to be paranoid/fearful a lot. What do you guys think?
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

  2. #2
    Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Posts
    3,051
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Please never post again.
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
    -- Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

  3. #3
    Suomea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    TIM
    ILE-Ti
    Posts
    1,054
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Fear and Beta's

    Quote Originally Posted by liveandletlive
    All the beta's I know seem to be paranoid/fearful a lot. What do you guys think?
    Some are definitely. STs more than the NFs though. Some NFs I think use this paranoia in some STs to their advantage to keep their relationships going.
    Suomea

  4. #4
    liveandletlive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    1,290
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I guess I can see that. I think that's why loyalty is such a big deal with Beta's seeing as they are fearful and paranoid.
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    132
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I guess/think there are some truths to that... they are a paranoid bunch. It's like the whole society is out to "get" them. So they fight back.

  6. #6
    aka-kitsune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    966
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by liveandletlive
    I guess I can see that. I think that's why loyalty is such a big deal with Beta's seeing as they are fearful and paranoid.
    [sarcasm] Oh, and let me assure you, it's ever so helpful to LABEL someone fearful and paranoid. Yepper. That's really a great way to foster understanding. I know that *always* makes me receptive to what they have to say. [/sarcasm]

    socio: INFp - IEI
    ennea: 4w5 sp/sx

    **********

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Twain
    Only kings, presidents, editors, and people with tapeworms have the right to use the editorial 'we'.

  7. #7
    liveandletlive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    1,290
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aka-kitsune
    Quote Originally Posted by liveandletlive
    I guess I can see that. I think that's why loyalty is such a big deal with Beta's seeing as they are fearful and paranoid.
    [sarcasm] Oh, and let me assure you, it's ever so helpful to LABEL someone fearful and paranoid. Yepper. That's really a great way to foster understanding. I know that *always* makes me receptive to what they have to say. [/sarcasm]

    Sorry to offend those were just my observations of the beta's I know.
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

  8. #8
    I'm back, assholes! Herzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    TIM
    SLE
    Posts
    5,098
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Fear and Beta's

    Quote Originally Posted by liveandletlive
    All the beta's I know seem to be paranoid/fearful a lot. What do you guys think?
    The only thing Betas have to fear is the 18 inch lightning rod conveniently located in my pants.
    , Se-sub
    8w8-3w8-7w8 sx/sx

  9. #9
    zenbrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Tex-ass
    Posts
    232
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It's not fear or paranoia. It's hypersensitivity to cues of negative external perception related to the 4th and 6th functions.

    For example...

    ESTp (to be loved): I'm fabulous. Please don't see my insecurities or nag me about my "insensitivity". I'm not going to fight about it or listen to "constructive" criticism. It's all too painful and depressing.

    INFp (to understand): I'm nobody's fool. Please don't make fun of my naivete or difficulties handling 'everyday' matters. Don't take advantage of my 'love is blind' nature. Its all to painful and embarrassing.

    Betas are pretty strong. The aren't afraid of much. But, they are intensely guarded. Everyone is guilty until proven innocent.

    .

  10. #10
    liveandletlive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    1,290
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zenbrat
    It's not fear or paranoia. It's hypersensitivity to cues of negative external perception related to the 4th and 6th functions.

    For example...

    ESTp (to be loved): I'm fabulous. Please don't see my insecurities or nag me about my "insensitivity". I'm not going to fight about it or listen to "constructive" criticism. It's all too painful and depressing.

    INFp (to understand): I'm nobody's fool. Please don't make fun of my naivete or difficulties handling 'everyday' matters. Don't take advantage of my 'love is blind' nature. Its all to painful and embarrassing.

    Betas are pretty strong. The aren't afraid of much. But, they are intensely guarded. Everyone is guilty until proven innocent.

    .
    I can totally see that
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

  11. #11
    Blaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,725
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Fear and Beta's

    Quote Originally Posted by Herzy
    Quote Originally Posted by liveandletlive
    All the beta's I know seem to be paranoid/fearful a lot. What do you guys think?
    The only thing Betas have to fear is the 18 inch lightning rod conveniently located in my pants.
    lol.

    actually the only beta type that could be a little paranoid is estp. at least the ones i've known.

    ILE

    those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

  12. #12
    Suomea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    TIM
    ILE-Ti
    Posts
    1,054
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zenbrat
    Everyone is guilty until proven innocent.
    That sums it up. And yeah it's more ESTps that are paranoid in relationships than ISTjs. Fi POLR. It's just very noticeable in some ESTps. Oh and I thought Herzy was a girl.......
    Suomea

  13. #13
    I'm back, assholes! Herzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    TIM
    SLE
    Posts
    5,098
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Suomea
    Quote Originally Posted by zenbrat
    Everyone is guilty until proven innocent.
    That sums it up. And yeah it's more ESTps that are paranoid in relationships than ISTjs. Fi POLR. It's just very noticeable in some ESTps.
    Some are, and some aren't. As for me, I just make sure that if I'm going to be in a relationship, it'll be with someone good just so that I don't have to worry about it much.

    Oh and I thought Herzy was a girl.......
    I am, heh.
    , Se-sub
    8w8-3w8-7w8 sx/sx

  14. #14
    snegledmaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,900
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Fear and Beta's

    Quote Originally Posted by liveandletlive
    All the beta's I know seem to be paranoid/fearful a lot. What do you guys think?
    I wouldn't call myself paranoid/fearful as much as careful. But then again I am a control freak and I think that's the reason for it rather then quadra values.

  15. #15
    liveandletlive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    1,290
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Fear and Beta's

    Quote Originally Posted by snegledmaca
    Quote Originally Posted by liveandletlive
    All the beta's I know seem to be paranoid/fearful a lot. What do you guys think?
    I wouldn't call myself paranoid/fearful as much as careful. But then again I am a control freak and I think that's the reason for it rather then quadra values.
    The whole control freak thing could come from the whole paranoid/fearful thing... no?
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

  16. #16
    ...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    9,169
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Bullshit. SLEs are not fearful. And the fear they experience is hidden well.

  17. #17
    liveandletlive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    1,290
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezra
    Bullshit. SLEs are not fearful. And the fear they experience is hidden well.
    I agree but I feel as if betas are motivated by fear
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

  18. #18
    snegledmaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,900
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by liveandletlive
    The whole control freak thing could come from the whole paranoid/fearful thing... no?
    No. The control comes from Ni. Master of my own destiny and such things. I simply have to have control of my heading. It's not even debatable.

    Quote Originally Posted by liveandletlive
    I feel as if betas are motivated by fear
    Lol, and who isn't?

  19. #19
    liveandletlive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    1,290
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snegledmaca
    Quote Originally Posted by liveandletlive
    The whole control freak thing could come from the whole paranoid/fearful thing... no?
    No. The control comes from Ni. Master of my own destiny and such things. I simply have to have control of my heading. It's not even debatable.

    Quote Originally Posted by liveandletlive
    I feel as if betas are motivated by fear
    Lol, and who isn't?
    I would question this... yes I agree that with your views of however I still feel like the expression of the functions result in this paranoid/fearful thing... INFp's in particular are infamous for being suspicious and into conspiracy theories and the like...
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

  20. #20
    snegledmaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,900
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by liveandletlive
    yes I agree that with your views of however I still feel like the expression of the functions result in this paranoid/fearful thing... INFp's in particular are infamous for being suspicious and into conspiracy theories and the like...
    I don't know from where you pulled that but that sounds like a Ne thing. Conspiracy theories, multiple possibilities, the ripping potential, paranoia. Wasting ones actions, future potential (Ni) in vain. If I take up a cause I expect to reap what I sow. Conspiracy theories, paranoia and the lot are like beating straw with a hollow paddle. Fulfilling in the present but useless in the long run. (Although some conspiracy theories could be true. But chances are they aren't)

  21. #21
    liveandletlive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    1,290
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snegledmaca
    Quote Originally Posted by liveandletlive
    yes I agree that with your views of however I still feel like the expression of the functions result in this paranoid/fearful thing... INFp's in particular are infamous for being suspicious and into conspiracy theories and the like...
    I don't know from where you pulled that but that sounds like a Ne thing. Conspiracy theories, multiple possibilities, the ripping potential, paranoia. Wasting ones actions, future potential (Ni) in vain. If I take up a cause I expect to reap what I sow. Conspiracy theories, paranoia and the lot are like beating straw with a hollow paddle. Fulfilling in the present but useless in the long run. (Although some conspiracy theories could be true. But chances are they aren't)
    Although this is MBTI-based check out INFJ: http://www.xeromag.com/fun/personality.html
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

  22. #22
    snegledmaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,900
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by liveandletlive
    Although this is MBTI-based check out INFJ: http://www.xeromag.com/fun/personality.html
    Hmm, looks like a lot of rambling to me. I don't identify with it. And it sounds like some unhealthy enneagram type rather then socionics or MBTT.

  23. #23
    liveandletlive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    1,290
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snegledmaca
    Quote Originally Posted by liveandletlive
    Although this is MBTI-based check out INFJ: http://www.xeromag.com/fun/personality.html
    Hmm, looks like a lot of rambling to me. I don't identify with it. And it sounds like some unhealthy enneagram type rather then socionics or MBTT.
    it was a spoof on the types... just as there's some truth to stereotypes there's some truth to these stereotypes as well- it's ok i'm known as the national enquirer headline... which is kinda true... haha
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

  24. #24
    misutii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    1,234
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think "paranoid" is too harsh a term, beta are merely more "aware". We know the system is corrupt, we know that your idols are liars, we know about the secret shame you hide behind your smile, we know that every day people get fucked over and we know about the petty PR stunts put into place to cover this up. But don't worry, when shit hits the fan, and societal instability provokes mass anxiety disorders in other quadras, you'll find that we're there for you and that you're even welcome to throw bricks at starbucks with us - though, should you betray our trust, we may have to book you an appointment with Madame Guillotine (it's not all bad though- i heard she gives good head)
    INFp-Ni

  25. #25
    ...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    9,169
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by liveandletlive
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezra
    Bullshit. SLEs are not fearful. And the fear they experience is hidden well.
    I agree but I feel as if betas are motivated by fear
    Well, you feel wrong. Unless I am not SLE, in which case I can't speak for SLEs.

  26. #26
    Blaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,725
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by misutii
    I think "paranoid" is too harsh a term, beta are merely more "aware". We know the system is corrupt, we know that your idols are liars, we know about the secret shame you hide behind your smile, we know that every day people get fucked over and we know about the petty PR stunts put into place to cover this up. But don't worry, when shit hits the fan, and societal instability provokes mass anxiety disorders in other quadras, you'll find that we're there for you and that you're even welcome to throw bricks at starbucks with us - though, should you betray our trust, we may have to book you an appointment with Madame Guillotine (it's not all bad though- i heard she gives good head)
    i hear this. misutii you're awesome!

    ILE

    those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

  27. #27
    liveandletlive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    1,290
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by misutii
    I think "paranoid" is too harsh a term, beta are merely more "aware". We know the system is corrupt, we know that your idols are liars, we know about the secret shame you hide behind your smile, we know that every day people get fucked over and we know about the petty PR stunts put into place to cover this up. But don't worry, when shit hits the fan, and societal instability provokes mass anxiety disorders in other quadras, you'll find that we're there for you and that you're even welcome to throw bricks at starbucks with us - though, should you betray our trust, we may have to book you an appointment with Madame Guillotine (it's not all bad though- i heard she gives good head)
    haha nice. as dramatic as that was i definitely agree.
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

  28. #28
    aka-kitsune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    966
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I wonder if the other Beta INFps also have the Cassandra Complex...

    Telling other people things they don't particularly want to hear, often disregard, but nevertheless come true in epic prophetic fashion. I guess that would lead others to initially think we're just paranoid. Funny how they don't seem to remember how accurate we were the last time...
    socio: INFp - IEI
    ennea: 4w5 sp/sx

    **********

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Twain
    Only kings, presidents, editors, and people with tapeworms have the right to use the editorial 'we'.

  29. #29
    mustachio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    stoppage time
    Posts
    896
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aka-kitsune
    I wonder if the other Beta INFps also have the Cassandra Complex...

    Telling other people things they don't particularly want to hear, often disregard, but nevertheless come true in epic prophetic fashion. I guess that would lead others to initially think we're just paranoid. Funny how they don't seem to remember how accurate we were the last time...
    nah, that's called being realistic. not putting people on pedestals. seeing them for who they are.
    IEI - the nasty kind...

  30. #30

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    890
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Fear and Beta's

    Quote Originally Posted by liveandletlive
    All the beta's I know seem to be paranoid/fearful a lot. What do you guys think?
    No. Except maybe for some INFps.

  31. #31

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    890
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by misutii
    I think "paranoid" is too harsh a term, beta are merely more "aware". We know the system is corrupt
    None of this discussion so far sounds particular to betas.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •