Thread: Beta types being fearful and pananoid

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Beta types being fearful and pananoid

All the beta's I know seem to be paranoid/fearful a lot. What do you guys think?
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please never post again.
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
    -- Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

TIM
    ILE-Ti
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Fear and Beta's

Quote Originally Posted by liveandletlive
    All the beta's I know seem to be paranoid/fearful a lot. What do you guys think?
    Some are definitely. STs more than the NFs though. Some NFs I think use this paranoia in some STs to their advantage to keep their relationships going.
    Suomea

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess I can see that. I think that's why loyalty is such a big deal with Beta's seeing as they are fearful and paranoid.
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess/think there are some truths to that... they are a paranoid bunch. It's like the whole society is out to "get" them. So they fight back.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess I can see that. I think that's why loyalty is such a big deal with Beta's seeing as they are fearful and paranoid.
    [sarcasm] Oh, and let me assure you, it's ever so helpful to LABEL someone fearful and paranoid. Yepper. That's really a great way to foster understanding. I know that *always* makes me receptive to what they have to say. [/sarcasm]

socio: INFp - IEI
    ennea: 4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Twain
    Only kings, presidents, editors, and people with tapeworms have the right to use the editorial 'we'.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aka-kitsune
    [sarcasm] Oh, and let me assure you, it's ever so helpful to LABEL someone fearful and paranoid. Yepper. That's really a great way to foster understanding. I know that *always* makes me receptive to what they have to say. [/sarcasm]

Sorry to offend those were just my observations of the beta's I know.
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not fear or paranoia. It's hypersensitivity to cues of negative external perception related to the 4th and 6th functions.

For example...

ESTp (to be loved): I'm fabulous. Please don't see my insecurities or nag me about my "insensitivity". I'm not going to fight about it or listen to "constructive" criticism. It's all too painful and depressing.

INFp (to understand): I'm nobody's fool. Please don't make fun of my naivete or difficulties handling 'everyday' matters. Don't take advantage of my 'love is blind' nature. Its all to painful and embarrassing.

Betas are pretty strong. The aren't afraid of much. But, they are intensely guarded. Everyone is guilty until proven innocent.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zenbrat
    It's not fear or paranoia. It's hypersensitivity to cues of negative external perception related to the 4th and 6th functions.

For example...

ESTp (to be loved): I'm fabulous. Please don't see my insecurities or nag me about my "insensitivity". I'm not going to fight about it or listen to "constructive" criticism. It's all too painful and depressing.

INFp (to understand): I'm nobody's fool. Please don't make fun of my naivete or difficulties handling 'everyday' matters. Don't take advantage of my 'love is blind' nature. Its all to painful and embarrassing.

Betas are pretty strong. The aren't afraid of much. But, they are intensely guarded. Everyone is guilty until proven innocent.

I can totally see that
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Herzy
    The only thing Betas have to fear is the 18 inch lightning rod conveniently located in my pants.
    lol.

actually the only beta type that could be a little paranoid is estp. at least the ones i've known.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

TIM
    ILE-Ti
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zenbrat
    Everyone is guilty until proven innocent.
    That sums it up. And yeah it's more ESTps that are paranoid in relationships than ISTjs. Fi POLR. It's just very noticeable in some ESTps. Oh and I thought Herzy was a girl.......
    Suomea

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldn't call myself paranoid/fearful as much as careful. But then again I am a control freak and I think that's the reason for it rather then quadra values.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by snegledmaca
    I wouldn't call myself paranoid/fearful as much as careful. But then again I am a control freak and I think that's the reason for it rather then quadra values.
    The whole control freak thing could come from the whole paranoid/fearful thing... no?
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bullshit. SLEs are not fearful. And the fear they experience is hidden well.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra
    I agree but I feel as if betas are motivated by fear
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The whole control freak thing could come from the whole paranoid/fearful thing... no?
    No. The control comes from Ni. Master of my own destiny and such things. I simply have to have control of my heading. It's not even debatable.

I feel as if betas are motivated by fear
    Lol, and who isn't?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No. The control comes from Ni. Master of my own destiny and such things. I simply have to have control of my heading. It's not even debatable.

I feel as if betas are motivated by fear
    Lol, and who isn't?
    I would question this... yes I agree that with your views of however I still feel like the expression of the functions result in this paranoid/fearful thing... INFp's in particular are infamous for being suspicious and into conspiracy theories and the like...
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes I agree that with your views of however I still feel like the expression of the functions result in this paranoid/fearful thing... INFp's in particular are infamous for being suspicious and into conspiracy theories and the like...
    I don't know from where you pulled that but that sounds like a Ne thing. Conspiracy theories, multiple possibilities, the ripping potential, paranoia. Wasting ones actions, future potential (Ni) in vain. If I take up a cause I expect to reap what I sow. Conspiracy theories, paranoia and the lot are like beating straw with a hollow paddle. Fulfilling in the present but useless in the long run. (Although some conspiracy theories could be true. But chances are they aren't)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes I agree that with your views of however I still feel like the expression of the functions result in this paranoid/fearful thing... INFp's in particular are infamous for being suspicious and into conspiracy theories and the like...
    I don't know from where you pulled that but that sounds like a Ne thing. Conspiracy theories, multiple possibilities, the ripping potential, paranoia. Wasting ones actions, future potential (Ni) in vain. If I take up a cause I expect to reap what I sow. Conspiracy theories, paranoia and the lot are like beating straw with a hollow paddle. Fulfilling in the present but useless in the long run. (Although some conspiracy theories could be true. But chances are they aren't)
    Although this is MBTI-based check out INFJ: http://www.xeromag.com/fun/personality.html
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Although this is MBTI-based check out INFJ: http://www.xeromag.com/fun/personality.html
    Hmm, looks like a lot of rambling to me. I don't identify with it. And it sounds like some unhealthy enneagram type rather then socionics or MBTT.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm, looks like a lot of rambling to me. I don't identify with it. And it sounds like some unhealthy enneagram type rather then socionics or MBTT.
    it was a spoof on the types... just as there's some truth to stereotypes there's some truth to these stereotypes as well- it's ok i'm known as the national enquirer headline... which is kinda true... haha
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think "paranoid" is too harsh a term, beta are merely more "aware". We know the system is corrupt, we know that your idols are liars, we know about the secret shame you hide behind your smile, we know that every day people get fucked over and we know about the petty PR stunts put into place to cover this up. But don't worry, when shit hits the fan, and societal instability provokes mass anxiety disorders in other quadras, you'll find that we're there for you and that you're even welcome to throw bricks at starbucks with us - though, should you betray our trust, we may have to book you an appointment with Madame Guillotine (it's not all bad though- i heard she gives good head)
    INFp-Ni

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra
    I agree but I feel as if betas are motivated by fear
    Well, you feel wrong. Unless I am not SLE, in which case I can't speak for SLEs.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by misutii
    I think "paranoid" is too harsh a term, beta are merely more "aware". We know the system is corrupt, we know that your idols are liars, we know about the secret shame you hide behind your smile, we know that every day people get fucked over and we know about the petty PR stunts put into place to cover this up. But don't worry, when shit hits the fan, and societal instability provokes mass anxiety disorders in other quadras, you'll find that we're there for you and that you're even welcome to throw bricks at starbucks with us - though, should you betray our trust, we may have to book you an appointment with Madame Guillotine (it's not all bad though- i heard she gives good head)
    i hear this. misutii you're awesome!

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haha nice. as dramatic as that was i definitely agree.
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder if the other Beta INFps also have the Cassandra Complex...

Telling other people things they don't particularly want to hear, often disregard, but nevertheless come true in epic prophetic fashion. I guess that would lead others to initially think we're just paranoid. Funny how they don't seem to remember how accurate we were the last time...
    socio: INFp - IEI
    ennea: 4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Twain
    Only kings, presidents, editors, and people with tapeworms have the right to use the editorial 'we'.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aka-kitsune
    I wonder if the other Beta INFps also have the Cassandra Complex...

Telling other people things they don't particularly want to hear, often disregard, but nevertheless come true in epic prophetic fashion. I guess that would lead others to initially think we're just paranoid. Funny how they don't seem to remember how accurate we were the last time...
    nah, that's called being realistic. not putting people on pedestals. seeing them for who they are.
    IEI - the nasty kind...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No. Except maybe for some INFps.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think "paranoid" is too harsh a term, beta are merely more "aware". We know the system is corrupt
    None of this discussion so far sounds particular to betas.