Thread: TheSocioncom function definitions

Hacking your soul since the beginning of time Hitta's Avatar
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default TheSocion.com function definitions

I've started off with Se:

Extraverted Sensing(Static, Internal, Objects, Perceiving)

Extraverted Sensing is our awareness of the physical world. When we notice objects and the shapes of objects, we use Extraverted Sensing. Extraverted Sensing also deals with how we interact with the physical world. Willpower, initiative, mental drive, sense of possession or ownership, submissiveness, aggression, attack, retaliation, overthrow of authority, and acceptance of authority are all byproducts of Extraverted Sensing.

All functions are divided into +/- divisions due to how they manifest in each type.

+Extraverted Sensing: Sense of possession, acceptance of authority, retaliation, willpower, ability to follow a leader, enjoyment of the thrill of the world, adventure, "wild and crazy" fun, enjoyment of travel, enjoyment of the environment, thrill seeking.

-Extraverted Sensing: Lack of possession, overthrow of authority, attack, initiative, ability to assume the position of leader, dislike of aspects of the environment, stable conditions, homeostasis, revolution.

Extraverted Sensing

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Se is external, not internal

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng
    Se is external, not internal
    um ok?

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He is right. The line should read:

Extraverted Sensing(Static, External, Objects, Perceiving)

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Yea i just read that, crap, thought he was talking about extraversion and introversion lol

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Introverted Sensing(Dynamics, External, Fields, Perceiving)

Introverted Sensing is the awareness of our internal body state. All the sensations that the body feels are encompassed in Introverted Sensing. The awareness of our senses.

All functions are divided into +/- divisions due to how they manifest in each type.

+Introverted Sensing: positive sensations, euphoria, pleasant taste of food, enjoyment of sensations, comfort, good state of health, maximization of positive sensations, harmony, maximization of beauty.

-Introverted Sensing: negative sensations, pain, illness, prevention of illness, bad taste of food, reducing discomfort, reducing bad state of health, minimization of negative sensations, disharmony, reduction of unattractiveness .

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That sounds like reasonable wording for what you're trying to do. Not a bad start at all.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan
    That sounds like reasonable wording for what you're trying to do. Not a bad start at all.
    The hard one to do is gonna be Ni. I still don't think most(maybe all) people know what Ni truly is.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hitta
    The hard one to do is gonna be Ni. I still don't think most(maybe all) people know what Ni truly is.
    I agree. I was waiting for you to come up with your definitions for Ni.

One thing I find interesting, and a little different perspective on Ni than one usually hears discussed...at NYC (and elsewhere), the Rick has tended to view playing a role of suggesting that things are amorphous, unsettled, or more complicated than people might think as being related to Ni (or at least Ni in ILI types). For example, if I used a phrase such as "now this is where it gets tricky" or "the mysterious thing about that is," he saw this sort of language as indicative of Ni. Both Niffweed and I (each considered ILI at the conference) played that sort of role...a sort of cautionary role against thinking too easily that one has the answers. I remember Niffweed saying things like "it's not quite like that" or "that's almost it." TheHotelAmbush tended to speak in much more definite terms, simply stating what he thought. I think Rick's explanation was that Ni has to do with forming an image, a sort of mental model, something very flexible that one can change to come up with a more accurate or useful picture of things. Rick also described Ni as being involved in creative ideas that one doesn't intend to act on, or that would be impossible...i.e., something like a fantasy or dream, as opposed to an actual opportunity to follow up.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a sort of cautionary role against thinking too easily that one has the answers.
    while that may be found in Ni, cognitively speaking, I think any pragmatic and logical thinker plays that role. I know I do (and I'm dominant).

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think I came up with an epiphany last night when thinking about the functions, and I think I understand Ni well right now. I'll write a definition shortly.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng
    a sort of cautionary role against thinking too easily that one has the answers.
    while that may be found in Ni, cognitively speaking, I think any pragmatic and logical thinker plays that role. I know I do (and I'm dominant).
    There are some reasonable reasons for thinking that would be the case (i.e., Ti is sometimes described as rigorous, structural thinking. People who think rigorously are aware of the complexity of systems in greater detail than others; therefore they realize that other people simplify things too much; therefore they would play the role of dissuading others from too much certainty).

But in the Socionic model that Rick was presenting and demonstrating, that was not the case. In this Socionic model, acc-Ti does not tend towards playing that role, unless one is forced to by being in the presence of people who over-simplify too much, in which case the typical Ti response is to educate people on the relevant systems, not to suggest that any given system is probably too simplistic.

However, the role I'm talking about may also be characteristic of 8th-function Ti.

Anyhow, I don't mean to hijack hitta's thread here, but this is an interesting related issue. Of course, Hitta places more emphasis on "+/-" whereas I think Rick sees little value in "+/-" and rather gives much more emphasis to functional roles within Model A. It will be interesting to see how Hitta comes out on defining the Ts and Ns.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But I will say that it does seem to me that there are those who almost overly-romanticize the "inability to define " or create a cult of supermysterium surrounding . I think those valuing certain functions will always attempt to make their functions amount to more than they really are.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box