Thread: Te dominant difference

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Te dominant difference

LIE - more likely to "rush" and try to do as much as possible, and enjoy speed for the sake of speed
    LSE - more likely to want to take its time and do everything perfectly, as best as possible

I am realizing that I absolutely hate rushing things, and whenever I do, the quality of everything around the matter fades completely. IT seems it may be an LSE way to just take things somewhat slowly and to make the most of each situation.

Perhaps that has to do with the "Leisurely" old ham style?
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

perhaps it has to do with Si>Ni. i mean, seriously.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with your distinction, and niffweed is equally right.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Te dominant difference

Quote Originally Posted by Courage
    LIE - more likely to "rush" and try to do as much as possible, and enjoy speed for the sake of speed
    LSE - more likely to want to take its time and do everything perfectly, as best as possible

I am realizing that I absolutely hate rushing things, and whenever I do, the quality of everything around the matter fades completely. IT seems it may be an LSE way to just take things somewhat slowly and to make the most of each situation.

Perhaps that has to do with the "Leisurely" old ham style?
    I would tend to disagree... I really think the EJ temperament in itself carries with it some level of impatience and hurriedness, regardless of type. EPs may do things quickly sometimes, but not because they are driven to with EJ restlessness. IPs probably don't hurry even when they should (though maybe they hurry at the last minute when something absolutely HAS to be done?). What you're describing for LSE actually sounds more like an IJ thing. They (especially Se creatives) very much dislike wasting time, but they aren't hurried or impatient like EJs are. They're "calm, balanced" and are patient enough to spend as much time or effort as necessary on things.

Of the two descriptions you listed, I'd go with the "take its time and do everything perfectly"... a Conscientious style sort of thing. I'm not always like that though, only with certain things. I tend to be more of a perfectionist than most though.

The difference between LIE hurriedness and LSE hurriedness, as far as I can tell, is that LIE's hurry when they need to or when they are commuting or standing in line (it seems like a waste of time, or a necessary evil at best). Those boring things aside, LIE's have a good sense of timing and can rush the completion of something when necessary, but generally don't when it doesn't need to be done yet. They take their time on most things, and still manage to get stuff done before it needs to be done. Often others (especially a Si creative type) will ask them (perhaps with irritation) why they're not doing something. They'll usually respond either that it doesn't need to be done yet, or more often, that it would be better to wait to do that step because they already have another step or steps in motion and need to wait until they play out. (Of course, this is all related to projects or things that require planning out steps. When it comes to physical things, like chores, they either ignore them altogether or are way too perfectionistic about everything, putting too much effort into say... making sure the stove top looks new, once they start scrubbing, and then end up with the rest of the house still messy but a perfect stove top. This has to do with more command over Si, as they either ignore it or go way overboard with it, in typical PoLR fashion.)

Ni PoLR types, on the other hand, often miss those important steps/details because they do everything they do in a rush. They either do it way before it needs to be done, acting as though they're quickly approaching a deadline, or they decide to do it later and then wait too long and do it in an even greater rush. In both scenarios they often skip important steps because they don't plan for them properly or don't understand why/when they should be done. A lot of times they'll get the order messed up because they rush steps or aren't thinking about the order in which things should be done. Very often they don't realize that one of the steps in the process will take a few weeks, and the project needs to be totally completed in two days, so they just skip that step. (Of course, this is all related to projects or things that require planning out steps. When it comes to physical things, like chores, they neither rush nor take their time, and they are generally a bit perfectionistic. It takes them less time to clean something than most, but since they want everything clean, they put more time into cleaning than most.)

Se creative/Ne PoLR types, by comparison, don't hurry, but they also avoid puting things off until the last minute for a few reasons. One is that they, similar to Ni PoLR types, have a poor sense of timing and aren't naturally good at seeing and planning the necessary (or wisest) order of events, but more so because they worry about unseen possibilities coming up in the course of the project. They do not want things to get stressful or fall apart at the end because they put things off until the last minute. They're perfectionists in that they always want to make sure they aren't missing anything. In that way, they're probably the most perfectionistic of all of the types.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with Courage and Niffweed. I think LSEs are much more leisurely than LIEs, due to the Si. Not as leisurely as an ISTp or anything like that, but when compared to LIEs they are more likely to "take their time".
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What types of things do they take their time on though?

If you're talking about chores or manual labor type things, perhaps, but LIEs don't want to be bothered with that sort of thing and have little patience for it. If you're talking about taking time for recreation, definitely. Overall though... no. Like I said, Si creative types seem like they're rushing around most of the time because they're poor managers of time. When it comes to projects (aside from putting on a roof or rebuilding their transmission, things that don't involve steps that can't be seen, though even with that sort of thing sometimes they get like that because they put it off too long or skip steps, like pulling a permit, perhaps), they're in way too much of a hurry most of the time and miss steps or try to do steps out of order.

Creepy-bg

what's with all the lego starwars avatars lately?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom
    I agree with Courage and Niffweed. I think LSEs are much more leisurely than LIEs, due to the Si. Not as leisurely as an ISTp or anything like that, but when compared to LIEs they are more likely to "take their time".
    agreed. my estj mom is like constantly doing though. she can barely sit still. she only does so when she's exhausted.

funny thing. she's getting older now and she simply can't do do do like she always did did did. i've been wondering how she is experiencing the effects of getting older and how it is challenging her temperament in such fundamental ways. i mean how do you do do do your whole life and then suddenly you can't?

if temperament is the thing that we are born with, it is fundamentally a big piece of who we are. then in old age it changes?

my theory is that old age would affect EJ types the most, since their level of energy has always been historically higher.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat
    I had to find a photo so I would know what to draw with fabric paint on a sweatshirt for my daughter's Halloween costume. I liked the photo so I used it here.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat
    I just decided to copy Slacker Mom.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To clarify, LSE's are definitely more "Leisurely" than LIE's, who as a general rule don't really know how to properly relax, but the idea that one rushes more and the other is more perfectionistic is way too vague. Both rush a lot, but they rush different things for different reasons. But are also perfectionistic, but they are perfectionistic about different things for different reasons. I stand by the points I made about LIE's, LSE's, and Se creative types.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Te dominant difference

After my first wave of exams, I realized how precious my time is, and because I like to do everything completely (which I always associated with INTJ MBTI, and the related information processing issues).

However, back to socionics, I would not say my Ni polr is out of control, but I definitely feel it when it gets hit, and I definitely identify with it.

It makes me sick when I realize I don't have enough time to do something properly, or, I didn't have enough time to study something properly, and I see it on a quiz, and I have to deal with the complete understanding that I just do not know the answer or process to find the answer to this question. Thankfully that does not happen much, but only a little bit of that bad medicine goes a long way.

......... so needless to say.........

[spoil:1c41c8e93d]

[/spoil:1c41c8e93d]

Also, I am definitely seeing now what it means to be an ST in terms of implementation, and maybe even Tactics > Strategy. It is interesting to realize I could use help with coordinating and planning, having considered myself an intuitive type for so long. But it is clear that things are only reconfirming my type. If you remember, my biggest "problem" with Se polr was "not being prepared when the time came", but now it actually makes more sense to be an Ni polr.

In conclusion, I gained a better understanding of why some descriptions & profiles portray LSE as very, very, very careful about how they spend their time. Originally I thought it was a Ti/IJ thing, because "this is unnecessary", but more true is that, for me, it is "this is taking away from my ability to do something important in as good a quality as I feel it should be done", so to say.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17

maybe. ever met any INTps you would consider "fast" or "speedy" though? i cannot say that i really have.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by implied

maybe. ever met any INTps you would consider "fast" or "speedy" though? i cannot say that i really have.
    I laughed at this cause it made me think of my intp friend, I swear if somethings not actively keeping his attention he'll fall asleep, seriously.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it depends on the context of the activity.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it depends on the context of the activity.
    that's actually very fair.