2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's rit?

All i could gather from that would be possibly an EN of some sort...but it's almost impossible just from that one picture.

I hate those hotel hair dryers..what hotel is that?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm a high school senior presently involved in the chaotic college hunt. on a tour group going upstate to cornell, my school stopped off briefly at RIT. it was really dismal.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

rit students can't even take pictures from the correct angle.
    asd

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you do know that people can vote without posting, right?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's a pretty good picture for a camera phone.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aut0
    Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17
    you do know that people can vote without posting, right?
    Well I figured you chose every option available, and figured other people might do that too, or did you not choose every option available?
    of course i did.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can't comment about RIT, but I can tell you that you're very very probably type. All that drama about "I look depressing" while you look very good (I never make empty compliments where it could have been avoided). You are a new member, but you have already mastered the use of emoticons. You have no trouble changing portrayed emotion in the middle of a 3-sentence post.[sup:2a59e26643]1[/sup:2a59e26643] You add small "emotion-comments" to enhance the emotion that you want to show. [sup:2a59e26643]2[/sup:2a59e26643]

[sup:2a59e26643]1[/sup:2a59e26643]
    Yeah I figured it'd be pretty obvious if I hosted my own pic, but I didn't care that much. And yes, RIT does suck, I can't wait till the grey that's RIT winter kicks in.

ROFL, guess I should've paid more attention to the poll, thx for pointing that out niffweed.
    [sup:2a59e26643]2[/sup:2a59e26643]
    And that hotel is owned by RIT, called, creatively, the RIT Inn
    (without commas it would have been just an adjctive, but there were two dramatic commas separating it from the rest of the sentence.)
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm not sure of your type since you're not looking at the camera dead on.

but you deal with niffweed effectively, so that implies his quadra or a neighboring quadra.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze
    i'm not sure of your type since you're not looking at the camera dead on.

but you deal with niffweed effectively, so that implies his quadra or a neighboring quadra.
    I'm glad you're only being sarcastic here. :wink:
    I'm married to an INTp (as you know) who I always said was soooo similar with Niffweed. When Niffweed first arrived in the forum, I kept laughing at his posts telling him how much he sounds like Erkki.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...oh. "or neighboring quadra". I'm Niffweed's neighboring quardra!
    Anyway, I think aut0 is ENFj. And a rather clear example of ENFj.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kristiina
    ...oh. "or neighboring quadra". I'm Niffweed's neighboring quardra!
    Anyway, I think aut0 is ENFj. And a rather clear example of ENFj.
    My first thought was INFp, but I really don't know at this point in time.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will list some of my traits in comparison with your post:
    • I love fixing things and I work with my hands very proudly. When I fix something, it's a not going to fall apart anymore because I make sure it's perfect. I like assembling furniture, because it's like a puzzle that has a practical result. I also like stiching and baking.
    • I can never tell myself to stop stressing out about things. When I start working on something, I push and push myself until I'm all stressed, my back aches and I'm all depressed. I can study for hours in a row and I can stay in the laboratory for hours longer to finish the things that I decided I should finish. I associate it with PoLR. The end result is just too important for me, no matter what the process is doing to me "right now in the present".
    • I don't like groups that are much bigger than 10 people - this way very few people can talk and most people have to listen. Only listening gets boring. But I like it when I just go out with a group of friends and we have a lot of fun! That's what beta group atmosphere is all about.
    • I need to organize my things. I'm not a particularly neat person, but my daybook is very orderly and I always write down my plans. You see, otherwise I'd forget.
    • I can't go to sleep unless I've done my routine - wash face, apply lip balm, etc.
    • Sometimes rambling is the best way to express myself - then I don't have to worry about saying something wrong, as long as I also get all the right things said.
    • I am a very serious person - I find it hard to "relax and take it easy". I overplan things and I seem polite and serious. But I'm playful and goofy with closer friends because I just LOVE it when I can make them laugh. Then they'll make me laugh and I'll do something else that is goofy and we end up having lots of fun.

But...
    • I'm very cheap with money and I always try to justufy spending any money. I make long rants about how it's totally justified to spend money on quality items, but I really hate buying low-quality cheap stuff, when I could afford good things.

Try to remember the most annoying thing you can think of about interactions with someone. It should be someone who always rubs you the wrong way no matter what s/he does. Concentrate on it and give us a rant of how exactly he behaved and why it was so annoying. I suppose if you're like me, then you'll find it easier to rant about things that annoy you, but when people rant they go into most natural way of letting out thoughts. Less filtering. Don't think about functions or types, just think of people and situations.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Te type delta
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, that guy was a slob. I'm bad, but never that bad. But the reason you thought about that guy wasn't his behavior - the entire text revolves around . Confrontation, disrespect, bad second roommate for not confronting him. The main part is the confrontation itself - so it's not something that is in your nature. I don't think an type would think so much about confronting someone and later replay it in their mind many times, an type would confront and then stop thinking about it. In theory it matches hidden agenda perfectly.

Your text can be interpreted as valuing. He left dirty dishes everywhere, didn't clean up after himself... gross, unhygienic, etc. But this might also bother you because he didn't do his duty, which has much less to do with functions.

Your quick reference to you working out the system for chores in the household gives me the impression of EJ temperament. IME, only EJs take charge in long-term projects when it could be avoided.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kristiina
    Your quick reference to you working out the system for chores in the household gives me the impression of EJ temperament. IME, only EJs take charge in long-term projects when it could be avoided.
    bingo.

LSE makes sense. look at the way he communicates the problem. he keeps talking about how stressful it was for him, how disgusting particular habits were for him, etc. my dad (whose type i no longer will pretend to have any idea about; for this discussion he would serve adequately as LIE. he's Te ftr.) gives me this same problem, on the other end.

i hate doing shit like cleaning up. its the most boring, unproductive, mind-numbing way to do anything that i could possibly imagine. my dad gets on my ass about this all the time. but it's very different from what is described here. with my dad the problem is along the lines of "these dishes need to get washed. they're not getting washed. this is a problem." (focus on external demand of actually having to wash the dishes). with this anecdote the focus seems to be on "its so disgusting/uncomfortable how these dishes aren't getting washed."

just a straw man argument for Si>Se.

other types that i might consider: any EJ, SLI, EII. maybe ILE.

other sorts of data would be helpful. any or all of the following:

what are your hobbies/interests/passions and why?
    what do you do for fun and why?
    what are your goals in life? what do you want to do with yourself?
    what kinds of people do you associate with?
    why do you find comp sci intolerably boring, in more detail?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that last post is 100% delta values.

LSE is still my guess. any delta type is possible.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    ILE-Ti
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was there ever an answer to this?
    Suomea

TIM
    ILE-Ti
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was there ever an answer to this?
    Suomea

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just bumping this in case anyone else has any suggestions for my type. I'm not saying that I don't identify with ESTj, but I am open to the possibility that I could be wrong.

I'm not looking for a detailed list of reasons of why you think I'm whatever type (I wouldn't mind though), but I would prefer that you gave me a hint of why you're suggesting that I'm whatever type.

I'm not posting anymore pictures or stories, so you'll have to go off by how big of an ass I've been on the forum. I'm feeling like I'm poking at a hornets nest.

I'm not using the poll.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suomea
    Auto, you sure you aren't ENTp? Your pic looks quite ENTp-Ti to me. This also sounds like something I would say. Seems kinda Ne.
    I considered it during my original type thread, but it seemed pretty obvious to me at the time that I wasn't a perceiving type. My impression is that perceiving types like to keep their options open, don't like routines, are messy. So I ruled it out after reading the oldham descriptions and whatever else was on that page and not really relating to too much of it at all.

I'll read the ILE function & type descriptions, along with dual description and let you know if I identify with it. I don't really have a problem with being ENTp.
    I read the Strati/Filatova/type & subtype/function/dual descriptions for ILE and it doesn't make sense to me, I don't get the "oh that's me" feeling.

Creepy-Diana

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana
    This is what I got from most of your posts in this thread: , but sometimes this:
    lol! Those are my edited posts that had stories I posted when I first came here. I meant to suggest a type based on what your current impressions are, if you wanted to.

Creepy-Diana

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm curious as to what Fe role looks like, because you seem very good at dealing with people, but I do think you're a Te quadra because. . . I don't know where I picked up that impression, maybe because you seem comfortable to interact with? You struck me as ISTp for some unknown reason - but ISTps shouldn't be as hmm smooth? That's not an insult. Really, I don't know for sure, but ESTj doesn't seem like a far-out wild guess, that's for sure.
    I'm not exactly bad at dealing with people, but around strangers in new places I'm really quiet since I'm unsure of how I'm supposed to act around them. I've never seen them act before so I don't know what "normal" behavior is for them. I think that might be good, how I act is based on how I've seen the people I'm around act. It's not something that I'm naturally good at, but I've had the luxury of being around ESFjs in some of those situations so I follow their lead. A lot of times the girls I'm with will give me information about the new people I'm meeting, "Oh they've been together for blah blah", "he's a bit of a debbie downer don't let him bring you down", "she's doing blah blah blah". And then I'll use whatever information she gave me to start conversations with everyone there. I usually turn into a robot during those times, I'm all smiles, try to keep the conversations positive, etc. I feel like my brain gets turned off and I'm on auto-pilot when I get into those situations, and by the end of it I'm completely exhausted. It's not bad though, I can handle it most of the time.

And I don't think any guy would take being called smooth as an insult, not unless you were comparing me to a con-man or something.

TIM
    ILE-Ti
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think ISTp is more likely then. ISTps might not be agressive but I find that ESTjs can be a lot less smooth than ISTps. My ESTj best friend from college wasn't too smooth, a little like Arnold. I definitely had to guide him some in order to get him girls.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=uerFZ2Z42nc

ISTps can be smooth in that they are a mystery a little bit.
    Suomea

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Read the ISTp descriptions on wikisocion, and socionics.com and I identify with it much better than I do ENTp. But, ISTps come off as laid back, relaxed people. I'm a very energetic person, I used to have to be told to calm down all the time when I was younger. And the ISTp/ENFp dual description was annoying to read, the ENFp gets all the attention. I don't need someone to do the talking for me, I have enough trouble keeping my mouth shut as it is.

I really doubt that I'm a perceiving type. I'm a very routine oriented person. I have schedules for everything I do, and I follow it without fail.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm curious as to what Fe role looks like, because you seem very good at dealing with people, but I do think you're a Te quadra because. . . I don't know where I picked up that impression, maybe because you seem comfortable to interact with? You struck me as ISTp for some unknown reason - but ISTps shouldn't be as hmm smooth? That's not an insult. Really, I don't know for sure, but ESTj doesn't seem like a far-out wild guess, that's for sure.
    I'm not exactly bad at dealing with people, but around strangers in new places I'm really quiet since I'm unsure of how I'm supposed to act around them. I've never seen them act before so I don't know what "normal" behavior is for them. I think that might be good, how I act is based on how I've seen the people I'm around act. It's not something that I'm naturally good at, but I've had the luxury of being around ESFjs in some of those situations so I follow their lead. A lot of times the girls I'm with will give me information about the new people I'm meeting, "Oh they've been together for blah blah", "he's a bit of a debbie downer don't let him bring you down", "she's doing blah blah blah". And then I'll use whatever information she gave me to start conversations with everyone there. I usually turn into a robot during those times, I'm all smiles, try to keep the conversations positive, etc. I feel like my brain gets turned off and I'm on auto-pilot when I get into those situations, and by the end of it I'm completely exhausted. It's not bad though, I can handle it most of the time.

And I don't think any guy would take being called smooth as an insult, not unless you were comparing me to a con-man or something.
    To be honest, I do that with EVERY SINGLE STRANGER I'VE EVER MET. I've been that way since I can remember. I really don't like talking to strangers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast