Thread: how to deal with a Ni PoLR

TIM
    SEE-Se
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default how to deal with a Ni PoLR

lmao I can't believe I only just realized this yesterday...

Instead of talking about why something won't work, talk about different ways it (or at least something somewhat similar) could work.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find your lack of faith disturbing.

TIM
    SEE-Fi 6w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sexay.

It also helps if someone explains what it is thats is making it not work first.
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

[21:29] hitta: idealism is just the gap between the thought of death
    [21:29] hitta: and not dying

TIM
    SEE-Se
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Khamelion
    It also helps if someone explains what it is thats is making it not work first.
    I've had the opposite experience. The more you explain how/why/what isn't working, the more agitated they become. When something isn't working, it's best to keep the explanation short and tell them that you're doing something else that will work, you're going to make it work, or whatever. They usually need assurance that it's being taken care of.

(Are you certain you're talking about about an ESxj?)

TIM
    SEE-Fi 6w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nope, not sure I was >.<
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

[21:29] hitta: idealism is just the gap between the thought of death
    [21:29] hitta: and not dying

TIM
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know someone who I think is an ESFj who often asks me for computer help. When I try to explain why I think what she's doing isn't working or can't work to accomplish what she wants, or when I attempt to demonstrate the multiple ways there are to accomplish the same thing and how it isn't a matter of just one way, as there are in fact many... then she seems to try to narrow down everything I say into a single straight-forward instruction of how to do whatever it is she's trying to do. So then I feel I have to try to just pick what I think will be the simplest way for her to accomplish whatever it is, and present it as if it's the only way (which is very uncomfortable for me). Then if she later finds a different way that she likes better to do the same thing, she'll decide to call it the "right" way instead and will feel obligated to tell me about when I already knew about it but had decided it would be too complicated for me to try to explain it to her initially. In general I've found that just saying one way to do it, preferably the shortest, most effective, and straight-forward way is what she wants when she asks a question. I wish she would accept explanations about "why" and other possibilities though as that would give her a pattern she could use to answer other computer questions rather than just asking for help every time she encounters a problem (and I feel these problems arise because she doesn't pay attention to the "why" of it in the first place). She also prefers long lists of directions for everything she has to do on the computer that she can follow every time she tries to do something... in my mind these are totally unnecessary. Hmm. I'm not saying all ESFjs are like this... most people aren't as unsavvy with computers as she is.

Also, if she does know multiple ways to do something for once, she has to list them all out loud as though they are unrelated factual statements and she has to memorize each one independently.