Quote Originally Posted by Igxfl View Post
Yeah, I'm aware of the terms rational/irrational having specialized meanings, but descriptions on both rationality and the causal-determinist style seem to heavily focus on rigidity.I'm not saying irrational types are "irrational" in the ordinary sense and unable to understand formal logic for that reason, it just seems like they wouldn't prefer it, as it requires a rather heavy focus on using accumulated past knowledge with which to deduce conclusions from.

The main issue is that it doesn't seem that merely being static/dynamic, positivist/negativist, and process/result should be sufficient to deduce so complex and specific a cognitive style as any one of those described. I don't insist that this doesn't work, but just don't see enough proof, theoretical or evidential, to go for it.

Labcoat, your descriptions don't seem strongly related to those in the article, although they seem like they might work anyway.
I do like the idea of process = obstacle minded & result = opportunity minded, could you elaborate on that a bit?
Fwiw, before you brought it up, I noticed the same discrepancy with Exxp and causal-determinist (including ILE). I'm trying to figure it out myself.