Thread: What's my (Sub)type?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What's my (Sub)type...?

OK... I think I'm up to speed on socionics enough to tackle the subtype issue. How would I go about determining whether I'm INFp/IEI Ni or Fe subtype...? What are some key differentiation points of each?

Any help appreciated... I'd be willing to answer reasonable questions in the interest of pseudoscience.
    socio: INFp - IEI
    ennea: 4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Twain
    Only kings, presidents, editors, and people with tapeworms have the right to use the editorial 'we'.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are two ways of knowing your subtype.

first: read the sub type descriptions

IDEALIST
    Intuitive subtype appears by the calm, tactful, sluggish, uncertain of itself person. It seems torn from the reality, inert and little fitted out to the life. But this impression is erroneous, since it possesses the excellent intuition, which helps to it to establish useful connections and to find support in men of weight. It acts on those surrounding uspokaivayushche and rasslablyayushche. It is outwardly serene, but in the soul it is sentimental and inclined it takes a long time to survive its confusions. Mimicry is somewhat monotonous, frequently are expressed light surprise or complete interest by collocutor. View dreamy, slightly stressed, with the luster. It is frequently sad, attentive or only ironic. Speech measured off, smooth, intimate- sincere. On face almost constantly is present polite, locating to the confidence poluulybka. The gestures are modest, are timid, nedemonstrativnye. The gait is slow, is smooth.

DIPLOMAT
    Ethical subtype produces the impression of soft, charming and emotional person. It usually appears voodushevlennym and optimistic. It possesses a good feeling of humor. About its problems and failures it can tell with the smile. It is ironic, sly, not predicted and inconsistent in the behavior and the conversation. Creating original contrasts, it can unexpectedly prick and so rapidly embrace, kiss. Artistichen, obayatelen, are natural in the contact, now and then even with the nuance of familiarity and unceremoniousness. It knows how to draw together distance. It is courteous, amiable and thoughtful. At times it is simply fascinating, is so great of its skill pleasing and of locating to itself people. It knows how to persuade. It presents requests in such form, which to it is difficult to refuse. Motions are elegant, even theatrical. The gait is graceful, is rapid. The speech is emotional, is rich in nuances, sometimes melodious.

second: try to meet INFP's. You'll start noticing differences. And by that, knowing your subtype.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you're right, maybe i should have said: there are (at least) two good methods of retrieving your subtype.

Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ifmd95
    i think the subtypes just rotate around your temperament "ring" (temperament being held constant.) meaning one subtype is just a combination of some attributes of your type and your look-alike (ISFp). and another is some combination with your comparative (INTp).
    Yes. In fact, most subtype descriptions basically read like "hybrid" types within the same temperment. Generally, Ni-IEIs will be more likely to identify with ILI descriptions. Fe-IEIs will be more likely to identify with SEI descriptions.

@ aka-kitsune... not sure, but the discussions we've had, I would guess maybe Ni-IEI - more concentrated on contemplation on the Fe-atmosphere and emotional undercurrents then than manifesting the atmosphere.
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
    -- Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jarno, do you have a link to the source of that information? I'm interested to see the Ne and Ti subtypes for LII
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng
    Jarno, do you have a link to the source of that information? I'm interested to see the Ne and Ti subtypes for LII
    yes here it is:

http://the16types.info/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9001

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Baby
    @ aka-kitsune... not sure, but the discussions we've had, I would guess maybe Ni-IEI - more concentrated on contemplation on the Fe-atmosphere and emotional undercurrents then than manifesting the atmosphere.
    Hmm... I actually find I relate more to the description of Fe subtype above. (With of course the exception that the poor Russian translation makes it difficult to understand some of the concepts -- what the heck is "voodushevlennym" anyway???)

I'm very much not calm or tactful, not really "dreamy" or serene, definitely not always polite and hardly ever timid (in general). My speech is usually not "measured". I blurt and am frequently effusive and demonstrative, at least once comfortable with someone. I like the Fe subtype description line: "The speech is emotional, is rich in nuances, sometimes melodious. ". I'm particularly fond of times I can naturally present myself like this. I think that's the only time I'm careful about what I say -- when I'm trying to fashion a particular shade of emotional experience.

I also realize I'm usually rather quick to express frustration and anger. Reacting strongly to other drivers' ineptitude on the road seems very as well. Also, it can be especially frustrating when you're a proactive person thinking 2 or 3 steps ahead surrounded by people who seem not to be thinking at all.
    socio: INFp - IEI
    ennea: 4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Twain
    Only kings, presidents, editors, and people with tapeworms have the right to use the editorial 'we'.