Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 174

Thread: Discussion of SEI subtypes (ISFp)

  1. #1
    redbaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    9,321
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Discussion of SEI subtypes (ISFp)

    So could a male ISFp Si subtype who works hard at hiding his emotions and refuses to talk about them actually come across more as an ISTp? And would this carry over in his relations also?

    I have a lookalike friendship that's beginning to feel an awful lot like super ego around here lately......or maybe it's just my perception, I dunno.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

  2. #2

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    890
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: ISFp-Si subtype

    Quote Originally Posted by redbaron
    So could a male ISFp Si subtype who works hard at hiding his emotions and refuses to talk about them actually come across more as an ISTp? And would this carry over in his relations also?

    I have a lookalike friendship that's beginning to feel an awful lot like super ego around here lately......or maybe it's just my perception, I dunno.
    Probably. I don't like to impose my bad moods on others. So I either withdraw, act silly, or (most often) use "thinking" as a defense - acting cool and striving for logic, to restore some clarity and peaceful order within myself, my environment and for others' sake. Communicating how I feel is rather difficult for me. There can be so much going on inside that it's hard to put it all neatly into words, in a way that others are willing to validate. And expressing negative feelings usually drags me down further anyway rather than fixing the problem(s) inciting them.

    Hope this helps you understand your friend.

  3. #3
    redbaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    9,321
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: ISFp-Si subtype

    Quote Originally Posted by astralsilky
    Quote Originally Posted by redbaron
    So could a male ISFp Si subtype who works hard at hiding his emotions and refuses to talk about them actually come across more as an ISTp? And would this carry over in his relations also?

    I have a lookalike friendship that's beginning to feel an awful lot like super ego around here lately......or maybe it's just my perception, I dunno.
    Probably. I don't like to impose my bad moods on others. So I either withdraw, act silly, or (most often) use "thinking" as a defense - acting cool and striving for logic, to restore some clarity and peaceful order within myself, my environment and for others' sake. Communicating how I feel is rather difficult for me. There can be so much going on inside that it's hard to put it all neatly into words, in a way that others are willing to validate. And expressing negative feelings usually drags me down further anyway rather than fixing the problem(s) inciting them.

    Hope this helps you understand your friend.
    yup. he will either withdraw and become really quiet or get very matter-of-fact about everything. It's fine, I'm learning not to take it personally. My dad is the same way so I should be used to it! I guess that doesn't necessarily mean he's acting like an ISTp, just that he's uncomfortable with negative emotions, which makes sense for ISFp since they are so much about feeling comfortable.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    854
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default SEI-Fe

    Will you guys talk about this type, explain its motivations, maybe give some real life examples (celebrities or descriptions of people you know of this type)? I think someone I know is this type based on the articles, but they may be ESE, and so I am still unsure. Thanks for any help!
    EII 4w5

    so/sx (?)

  5. #5
    Your DNA is mine. Mediator Kam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Wisconsin
    TIM
    SEI
    Posts
    4,481
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm really tired, but this is the domain written by SEI people about themselves, just skim through it, I put a ton of my thoughts into it.

    This are the best:

    http://wikisocion.org/en/index.php?title=SEI_domain
    Just check around a little.

    And ask anything, we have tons of SEI here.
    D-SEI 9w1

    This is me and my dual being scientific together

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    854
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kamangir View Post
    I'm really tired, but this is the domain written by SEI people about themselves, just skim through it, I put a ton of my thoughts into it.

    This are the best:

    http://wikisocion.org/en/index.php?title=SEI_domain
    Just check around a little.

    And ask anything, we have tons of SEI here.

    Great! Thank you : )
    EII 4w5

    so/sx (?)

  7. #7
    Your DNA is mine. Mediator Kam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Wisconsin
    TIM
    SEI
    Posts
    4,481
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think all the SEI's here all SEI-Fe.

    And we seek randomness something fierce.
    D-SEI 9w1

    This is me and my dual being scientific together

  8. #8
    Creepy-bg

    Default

    for the record (and please don't take offense Kam ) the SEI domain on wikisocion makes me really uncomfortable and doesn't represent this SEI at all.

  9. #9
    normal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    nil
    TIM
    nil
    Posts
    975
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat View Post
    for the record (and please don't take offense Kam ) the SEI domain on wikisocion makes me really uncomfortable and doesn't represent this SEI at all.
    if im indeed a SEI, i have to agree. But again, my opinion doesnt not represent all the SEI's opinion, so... just for the record works.

  10. #10
    I had words here once, but I didn't feed them Khola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    TIM
    ESE
    Posts
    3,535
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Oh cool a link!!!

    Hrmmm...ask some specific questions of me and I'll do my best
    Hello, my name is Bee. Pleased to meet you .



  11. #11
    I had words here once, but I didn't feed them Khola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    TIM
    ESE
    Posts
    3,535
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I <3 that link Kam. I'm trying desperately to try and show Nick, but he's still angry at me for Rick-Rolling him earlier. *shrugs*
    Hello, my name is Bee. Pleased to meet you .



  12. #12
    Your DNA is mine. Mediator Kam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Wisconsin
    TIM
    SEI
    Posts
    4,481
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat View Post
    for the record (and please don't take offense Kam ) the SEI domain on wikisocion makes me really uncomfortable and doesn't represent this SEI at all.
    go home EII.
    D-SEI 9w1

    This is me and my dual being scientific together

  13. #13
    Creepy-bg

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kamangir View Post
    go home EII.
    You can't tell me to go home. I was here first!

  14. #14
    I had words here once, but I didn't feed them Khola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    TIM
    ESE
    Posts
    3,535
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think he just did!

    oh no you didn't!
    Hello, my name is Bee. Pleased to meet you .



  15. #15
    ~~rubicon~~ Rubicon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Chatbox
    TIM
    SEI, 9
    Posts
    5,268
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bee View Post
    I think he just did!

    oh no you didn't!
    you can't say that without the picture
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

  16. #16
    ~~rubicon~~ Rubicon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Chatbox
    TIM
    SEI, 9
    Posts
    5,268
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default ISFp/SEI subtypes

    Does anyone know anything about Sei subtypes? You seem to hear a lot about Fe but not much about Si.
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

  17. #17
    Your DNA is mine. Mediator Kam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Wisconsin
    TIM
    SEI
    Posts
    4,481
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Si subtypes waddle like ducks.
    D-SEI 9w1

    This is me and my dual being scientific together

  18. #18
    ~~rubicon~~ Rubicon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Chatbox
    TIM
    SEI, 9
    Posts
    5,268
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kamangir View Post
    Si subtypes waddle like ducks.
    excellent! i was thinking that that might be my subtype
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

  19. #19
    Your DNA is mine. Mediator Kam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Wisconsin
    TIM
    SEI
    Posts
    4,481
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    yes he is.

    It's all real.
    D-SEI 9w1

    This is me and my dual being scientific together

  20. #20
    Your DNA is mine. Mediator Kam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Wisconsin
    TIM
    SEI
    Posts
    4,481
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Dolphin, we need to talk on MSN, when are you available?
    D-SEI 9w1

    This is me and my dual being scientific together

  21. #21
    ~~rubicon~~ Rubicon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Chatbox
    TIM
    SEI, 9
    Posts
    5,268
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Seriously though - does anyone know anything about the Si subtype??
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

  22. #22
    normal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    nil
    TIM
    nil
    Posts
    975
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i was typed Si subtype. Not really hard though, just like everbody else, really.
    They are the type of people who really avoid painful situation, just like everybody else. And they dont care about people, they only care about having fun. They are manipulative, just like everybody else, because their just want to feel more cool, look more cool, smell more cool and over. Oh, and they hate SEI Fe.

  23. #23
    Gone. theMime.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    1,297
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kamangir View Post
    Si subtypes waddle like ducks.
    *waddle waddle*

  24. #24
    ~~rubicon~~ Rubicon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Chatbox
    TIM
    SEI, 9
    Posts
    5,268
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by normal View Post
    i was typed Si subtype. Not really hard though, just like everbody else, really.
    They are the type of people who really avoid painful situation, just like everybody else. And they dont care about people, they only care about having fun. They are manipulative, just like everybody else, because their just want to feel more cool, look more cool, smell more cool and over. Oh, and they hate SEI Fe.
    they sound painful
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

  25. #25
    normal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    nil
    TIM
    nil
    Posts
    975
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chopin View Post
    they sound painful
    we are just... like "normal" people.


    ps. I was just kidding! but seriously, i was typed Sensory Subtype. I don't really know what that mean anyway.

  26. #26
    ~~rubicon~~ Rubicon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Chatbox
    TIM
    SEI, 9
    Posts
    5,268
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by normal View Post
    we are just... like "normal" people.


    ps. I was just kidding! but seriously, i was typed Sensory Subtype. I don't really know what that mean anyway.
    what test did you do?
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

  27. #27
    normal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    nil
    TIM
    nil
    Posts
    975
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chopin View Post
    what test did you do?
    i didnt take any test. People here came with that conclusion (at least, one person). The fact is that, Joy always said that I were SEE for the first time, but Gilly came and after see some pics of me finally said that im SEI si. BG says im SEI too so, i dont mind being SEI . Now, if you ask me, what type i can be, i dont really know. Im not the right person to talk about the Sensory subtype though. I'm sorry.

  28. #28
    ~~rubicon~~ Rubicon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Chatbox
    TIM
    SEI, 9
    Posts
    5,268
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by normal View Post
    i didnt take any test. People here came with that conclusion (at least, one person). The fact is that, Joy always said that I were SEE for the first time, but Gilly came and after see some pics of me finally said that im SEI si. BG says im SEI too so, i dont mind being SEI . Now, if you ask me, what type i can be, i dont really know. Im not the right person to talk about the Sensory subtype though. I'm sorry.
    Well, how would you describe yourself? In what way do you feel your Si manifests itself?
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

  29. #29
    normal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    nil
    TIM
    nil
    Posts
    975
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chopin View Post
    Well, how would you describe yourself? In what way do you feel your Si manifests itself?
    hehe do you want to be my psychologist?? It hard to describe myself. But i can tell you how my Si can manifest, like avoiding painful situation and trying to feeling cool everytime i can. But, im not sure if my Si is dominant or not, i dont know if im logical or not.

  30. #30
    ~~rubicon~~ Rubicon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Chatbox
    TIM
    SEI, 9
    Posts
    5,268
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by normal View Post
    hehe do you want to be my psychologist??
    Sure - why not? Just lie down on this couch, my friend, and know above all that this is a safe place. Nothing you say will leave this safe place.

    But seriously - what do you mean when you say you try to feel cool? What's your definition of cool? I mean - can you give an example of something that you might do that would make you feel really 'uncool'?
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

  31. #31
    normal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    nil
    TIM
    nil
    Posts
    975
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chopin View Post

    But seriously - what do you mean when you say you try to feel cool? What's your definition of cool? I mean - can you give an example of something that you might do that would make you feel really 'uncool'?

    A cool feeling is something like this
    and... feeling 'uncool' is something like



    nah, seriously. There's one thing that make me feel 'uncool' right now: my angst. The therapy it isnt working yet, but im sure that one day is going to work.

  32. #32
    ~~rubicon~~ Rubicon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Chatbox
    TIM
    SEI, 9
    Posts
    5,268
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by normal View Post
    A cool feeling is something like this
    and... feeling 'uncool' is something like



    nah, seriously. There's one thing that make me feel 'uncool' right now: my angst. The therapy it isnt working yet, but im sure that one day is going to work.
    all the best with that <3
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

  33. #33

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,687
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    have you read the subtype descriptions on the wiki, chopin?


    And my SEI friend has a duck waddle, though I think he's an Fe subtype.

  34. #34
    ~~rubicon~~ Rubicon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Chatbox
    TIM
    SEI, 9
    Posts
    5,268
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hellothere View Post
    have you read the subtype descriptions on the wiki, chopin?


    And my SEI friend has a duck waddle, though I think he's an Fe subtype.
    No - I didn't realise there were descriptions on the wiki. Do you know what the link is?

    I don't have to dismiss the possibility of being Fe then? Ok great. *waddles off*
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

  35. #35
    normal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    nil
    TIM
    nil
    Posts
    975
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chopin View Post
    all the best with that <3
    Thank you!!

  36. #36
    Your DNA is mine. Mediator Kam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Wisconsin
    TIM
    SEI
    Posts
    4,481
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    A duck waddle is sexy, no worries.
    D-SEI 9w1

    This is me and my dual being scientific together

  37. #37
    ~~rubicon~~ Rubicon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Chatbox
    TIM
    SEI, 9
    Posts
    5,268
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kamangir View Post
    A duck waddle is sexy, no worries.
    Phew! I was beginning to wonder...
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

  38. #38

  39. #39
    Expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,853
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    If it helps, I think that a lot of people in occupations usually attributed to ISTps - ie mechanics, electricians, etc - are actually ISFp Si subtype. A typical ISFp-Si hobby would be gardening.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

  40. #40
    aka Slacker Slacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    North Korea
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    8,819
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    All the ISFps I know are into gardening. There's some weird ISFp-gardening link.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain


    You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •