Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 74

Thread: Elzo's Socionics Test

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,763
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Elzo's Socionics Test

    http://linuxcube.org/elzo_test/

    Many thanks to Sabo for computerizing the test and placing it on his website.

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    132
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ENTp: 8
    ISFp: 6
    INTj: 6
    ESFj: 4
    ESTp: 3
    INFp: 7
    ISTj: 5
    ENFj: 5
    ESFp: 6
    INTp: 4
    ISFj: 4
    ENTj: 2
    ENFp: 5
    ISTp: 5
    INFj: 7
    ESTj: 3

    Uh, okay. I've found most of the questions on Reinin Dichotomies to be pretty unclear, so I picked most of them as "I find it difficult to select one of the above options."

  3. #3
    BLauritson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bristol, England
    Posts
    979
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ENTp: 4
    ISFp: 5
    INTj: 8
    ESFj: 5
    ESTp: 6
    INFp: 5
    ISTj: 4
    ENFj: 7
    ESFp: 5
    INTp: 10
    ISFj: 7
    ENTj: 8
    ENFp: 5
    ISTp: 8
    INFj: 5
    ESTj: 4

    First time a computerised Socionics test has given me my actual type. Although.. ENFj 7??? PFFFFFFFFT. Oh well, I can understand why it got that result though, given that traits will apply to several types simultaneously.
    ILI (Indescribable Lovemaking Inc.)
    5w4 so/sx

    "IP temperament! Because today's concerns are tomorrow's indifferences!"

    Lord Fnorgle's Domain - A slowly growing collection of music, poetry and literature.
    Stickam music performances

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,763
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Birds
    I've found most of the questions on Reinin Dichotomies to be pretty unclear
    You are welcome to create short, clearer descriptions.

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,763
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dee
    let's work on coming up with such definitions of dichotomies that it would be easier to answer all of the questions certainly.
    You are welcome to do this. The test can be amended accordingly.
    Keep definitions short. :wink:

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,763
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dee
    loner work is futile. there needs to be a team of people dedicated to the goal.
    Well, I've created a foundation. You can suggest what specific changes need to be made.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,763
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dee
    you'll probably collect the stats on hard to answer ones later though.
    uh, uh

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,833
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The probability of you being each type (out of 15):
    ENTp: 7
    ISFp: 6
    INTj: 6
    ESFj: 5
    ESTp: 6
    INFp: 5
    ISTj: 5
    ENFj: 4
    ESFp: 5
    INTp: 12
    ISFj: 6
    ENTj: 5
    ENFp: 6
    ISTp: 5
    INFj: 7
    ESTj: 6

  9. #9
    machintruc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    3,252
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It resembles a sub-easyTIM thing...

  10. #10
    Elro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Not here
    Posts
    2,796
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dee
    Ok people, let's make suggestions.

    ...

    To me, resources are 'sacred', but ideas are freely shared and manipulated.
    To me, ideas are 'sacred', but resources are freely shared and manipulated.
    I find it difficult to select one of the above options.
    Here, "ideas" and "resources" are unclear.

    Quote Originally Posted by dee
    I am inclined to solve problems by primarily using that information which is 'at hand'. Accordingly, my solutions are likely to be particular to that situation.
    I am inclined to solve problems by primarily using that information which I possess through knowledge and experience. Accordingly, my solutions are likely to be of a general nature.
    I find it difficult to select one of the above options.
    This is also a bit vague, to me.

    There were others I was indecisive on, but only because I could see myself in both, not because of any misunderstanding on my part, I don't think.

    I came out as:

    Quote Originally Posted by Elzo
    The probability of you being each type (out of 15):

    * ENTp: 6
    * ISFp: 6
    * INTj: 8
    * ESFj: 4
    * ESTp: 3
    * INFp: 3
    * ISTj: 5
    * ENFj: 5
    * ESFp: 3
    * INTp: 5
    * ISFj: 5
    * ENTj: 3
    * ENFp: 4
    * ISTp: 2
    * INFj: 6
    * ESTj: 4

  11. #11
    The Iniquitous inumbra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    TIM
    954
    Posts
    5,989
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    * ENTp: 6
    * ISFp: 6
    * INTj: 8
    * ESFj: 4
    * ESTp: 6
    * INFp: 10
    * ISTj: 6
    * ENFj: 6
    * ESFp: 4
    * INTp: 8
    * ISFj: 6
    * ENTj: 6
    * ENFp: 6
    * ISTp: 6
    * INFj: 2
    * ESTj: 6

  12. #12
    snegledmaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,900
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I didn't know what to pick on a lot of answers so my results are inconclusive.

    * ENTp: 5
    * ISFp: 4
    * INTj: 2
    * ESFj: 3
    * ESTp: 2
    * INFp: 3
    * ISTj: 3
    * ENFj: 2
    * ESFp: 2
    * INTp: 3
    * ISFj: 1
    * ENTj: 4
    * ENFp: 3
    * ISTp: 2
    * INFj: 6
    * ESTj: 3

  13. #13
    ...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    9,169
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    * ENTp: 7
    * ISFp: 7
    * INTj: 9
    * ESFj: 9
    * ESTp: 9
    * INFp: 5
    * ISTj: 3
    * ENFj: 7
    * ESFp: 5
    * INTp: 9
    * ISFj: 7
    * ENTj: 11
    * ENFp: 7
    * ISTp: 7
    * INFj: 9
    * ESTj: 9
    Ideas don't determine who's right. Power determines who's right. And I have the power. So I'm right.

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,763
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snegledmaca
    I didn't know what to pick on a lot of answers so my results are inconclusive.
    Why?

  15. #15
    snegledmaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,900
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elzo
    Quote Originally Posted by snegledmaca
    I didn't know what to pick on a lot of answers so my results are inconclusive.
    Why?
    Because I couldn't decide which is more prevalent because I either do them both or none equally? Because I have no preference of one over the other?

  16. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,763
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Does that mean Reinin dchotomies are not helpful or just that my test isn't?

  17. #17

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,833
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snegledmaca
    Quote Originally Posted by Elzo
    Quote Originally Posted by snegledmaca
    I didn't know what to pick on a lot of answers so my results are inconclusive.
    Why?
    Because I couldn't decide which is more prevalent because I either do them both or none equally? Because I have no preference of one over the other?
    So you haven't studied the Reinin dichotomies either? Or you don't understand them? When will you learn the basics of Socionics? When will you realize that you are not an IEI?

  18. #18
    snegledmaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,900
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elzo
    Does that mean Reinin dchotomies are not helpful or just that my test isn't?
    Yes and no to both. Your test is not perfect, if that's what you are asking. And I don't trust reinin's dichotomies.

    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus
    So you haven't studied the Reinin dichotomies either? Or you don't understand them?
    I translated them. And in the process I realized that they were rubbish. I don't use them other then for "recreational" purposes, to entertain myself. But don't get me wrong, I think that theoretically there is something to them but the current state of them being just personality attributes does nothing to help determine type (Conclusively). Personality changes and so do reinin's attributes.

  19. #19

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,833
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snegledmaca
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus
    So you haven't studied the Reinin dichotomies either? Or you don't understand them?
    I translated them. And in the process I realized that they were rubbish.
    Of course they seemed rubbish to you. Because you were already convinced that you were an IEI. So the Reinin dichotomies don't seem to fit you. But they do fit your type, because you are not an IEI but an ILI -- unless you are lying.

  20. #20
    I'm back, assholes! Herzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    TIM
    SLE
    Posts
    5,098
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

    Default

    * ENTp: 6
    * ISFp: 5
    * INTj: 4
    * ESFj: 5
    * ESTp: 11
    * INFp: 4
    * ISTj: 7
    * ENFj: 6
    * ESFp: 6
    * INTp: 5
    * ISFj: 4
    * ENTj: 5
    * ENFp: 5
    * ISTp: 6
    * INFj: 5
    * ESTj: 4
    , Se-sub
    8w8-3w8-7w8 sx/sx

  21. #21
    snegledmaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,900
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus
    Quote Originally Posted by snegledmaca
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus
    So you haven't studied the Reinin dichotomies either? Or you don't understand them?
    I translated them. And in the process I realized that they were rubbish.
    Of course they seemed rubbish to you. Because you were already convinced that you were an IEI. So the Reinin dichotomies don't seem to fit you. But they do fit your type, because you are not an IEI but an ILI -- unless you are lying.
    No, I mean I studied them and realized that anybody can have almost any attribute. And that a preference is as stable as those in MBTI. In didn't even bother to try to determine my type through them. And if you are so hung up on them they almost always give me ILE as a result. Now how does that fit in your view of the world?

  22. #22
    ...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    9,169
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I find it amusing how I got LIE. That's another thing to add to my ammunition.

    - Temperament
    - Club
    - Dichotomies (both Reinin and regular)
    - Behaviour
    - Test results
    Ideas don't determine who's right. Power determines who's right. And I have the power. So I'm right.

  23. #23
    snegledmaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,900
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elzo
    Does that mean Reinin dchotomies are not helpful or just that my test isn't?
    Ok, so perhaps some questions were ambiguous.

    I perceive events in an episodic manner — discrete states rather than continuous changes.
    I perceive events in a continuous sequences — continuous changes rather than discrete states.


    What would be a real life example of this? I hardly go thinking, aha, so I'm perceiving a discrete state of change as oppose to a continuous flow of a situation. It's a bit too theoretical.

    I tend to minimize the emotional elements of interaction, preferring to focus on the 'business' elements.
    I tend to concentrate foremost on the emotional background of interaction, with 'business' a secondary concern.


    The first option directly contradict intimacy. I will give flawed results.

    I am good at noticing the emotional background and perceiving the emotional aspect (particularly 'fun') separate from the activity.
    I am bad at noticing the emotional background and do not separate the emotional aspect (particularly 'fun') from the activity.


    Again, I didn't understand this one. What do you mean by noticing the emotional background and perceiving the emotional aspect in relation to an activity? And referring to fun just confused me. I feel like an example would set things straight.

  24. #24

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,833
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezra
    I find it amusing how I got LIE. That's another thing to add to my ammunition.

    - Temperament
    - Club
    - Dichotomies (both Reinin and regular)
    - Behaviour
    - Test results
    If all of that suggests LIE, then you cannot be any other type than LIE. The only option left if you insist on being some other type than LIE, for example SLE, is to assume that you are so seriously confused that you don't have a clue how well you fit or don't fit those dimensions.

    Can you really be that confused? Of course it is possible -- but is it really likely? People on this forum don't seem to have any trouble with that, because they are more interested in sticking to their prejudices and their subjective interpretations of things than in finding objective truth. But if we want to have a scientific attitude and approach we should prefer the most simple explanation until proven wrong. And the most simple, and the most likely, explanation is that you are an LIE.

  25. #25
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm sorry, but the Reinin Dichotomies just cannot possibly be tested for in such a straightforward manner.

  26. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,763
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snegledmaca
    Quote Originally Posted by Elzo
    Does that mean Reinin dchotomies are not helpful or just that my test isn't?
    Ok, so perhaps some questions were ambiguous.

    I perceive events in an episodic manner — discrete states rather than continuous changes.
    I perceive events in a continuous sequences — continuous changes rather than discrete states.


    What would be a real life example of this? I hardly go thinking, aha, so I'm perceiving a discrete state of change as oppose to a continuous flow of a situation. It's a bit too theoretical.

    I tend to minimize the emotional elements of interaction, preferring to focus on the 'business' elements.
    I tend to concentrate foremost on the emotional background of interaction, with 'business' a secondary concern.


    The first option directly contradict intimacy. I will give flawed results.

    I am good at noticing the emotional background and perceiving the emotional aspect (particularly 'fun') separate from the activity.
    I am bad at noticing the emotional background and do not separate the emotional aspect (particularly 'fun') from the activity.


    Again, I didn't understand this one. What do you mean by noticing the emotional background and perceiving the emotional aspect in relation to an activity? And referring to fun just confused me. I feel like an example would set things straight.
    Could you word them better please?

  27. #27

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,833
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snegledmaca
    No, I mean I studied them and realized that anybody can have almost any attribute. And that a preference is as stable as those in MBTI. In didn't even bother to try to determine my type through them. And if you are so hung up on them they almost always give me ILE as a result. Now how does that fit in your view of the world?
    ILE is a more likely type for you than IEI, because there is no way that you can be an IEI unless you have got it all wrong. But it can sometimes happen that an ILE can identify with ILI and INTP type descriptions, and the ILE belongs to the group of NTs, so that can also be explained given that assumption.

  28. #28
    eunice's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    TIM
    Ne-INFj
    Posts
    2,955
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The probability of you being each type (out of 15):
    ENTp: 7
    ISFp: 9
    INTj: 11
    ESFj: 5
    ESTp: 7
    INFp: 9
    ISTj: 7
    ENFj: 9
    ESFp: 9
    INTp: 7
    ISFj: 5
    ENTj: 3
    ENFp: 9
    ISTp: 7
    INFj: 9
    ESTj: 7

  29. #29
    ...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    9,169
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think the test is decent. You've utilised some important issues that are central to socionics in order to determine potential types. Perhaps an expansion of this test would prove very popular.

    I don't really agree with the fact that the only method with which we will ever be able to determine a socionics type is through VI and interview. I think that if people get a test right, which covers all functional and dichotomical grounds, socionics will really take off.
    Ideas don't determine who's right. Power determines who's right. And I have the power. So I'm right.

  30. #30
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezra
    I think the test is decent. You've utilised some important issues that are central to socionics in order to determine potential types. Perhaps an expansion of this test would prove very popular.

    I don't really agree with the fact that the only method with which we will ever be able to determine a socionics type is through VI and interview. I think that if people get a test right, which covers all functional and dichotomical grounds, socionics will really take off.
    Fuck you for trying to speak with authority when you know nothing.

  31. #31
    ...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    9,169
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus
    If all of that suggests LIE, then you cannot be any other type than LIE. The only option left if you insist on being some other type than LIE, for example SLE, is to assume that you are so seriously confused that you don't have a clue how well you fit or don't fit those dimensions.

    Can you really be that confused? Of course it is possible -- but is it really likely? People on this forum don't seem to have any trouble with that, because they are more interested in sticking to their prejudices and their subjective interpretations of things than in finding objective truth. But if we want to have a scientific attitude and approach we should prefer the most simple explanation until proven wrong. And the most simple, and the most likely, explanation is that you are an LIE.
    I am confused. Very. Let me tell you why.

    Basically, I see functions in myself, but I can't tell if they're really me or not. I know which ones I don't use, but not which ones I do. Perhaps I don't understand them enough yet.

    When I have experienced socionists telling me two different things, this does not help at all.
    Ideas don't determine who's right. Power determines who's right. And I have the power. So I'm right.

  32. #32
    ...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    9,169
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezra
    I think the test is decent. You've utilised some important issues that are central to socionics in order to determine potential types. Perhaps an expansion of this test would prove very popular.

    I don't really agree with the fact that the only method with which we will ever be able to determine a socionics type is through VI and interview. I think that if people get a test right, which covers all functional and dichotomical grounds, socionics will really take off.
    Fuck you for trying to speak with authority when you know nothing.
    That's pretty much the most uninformed statement I've ever heard.

    Credit to you for speaking out though.
    Ideas don't determine who's right. Power determines who's right. And I have the power. So I'm right.

  33. #33

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    75
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    My results:

    * ENTp: 9
    * ISFp: 7
    * INTj: 8
    * ESFj: 4
    * ESTp: 5
    * INFp: 5
    * ISTj: 4
    * ENFj: 6
    * ESFp: 7
    * INTp: 5
    * ISFj: 4
    * ENTj: 4
    * ENFp: 7
    * ISTp: 3
    * INFj: 4
    * ESTj: 6
    The only problem is that a lot of the numbers are so close together that the results aren't very conclusive. It would help to have more than one question for each dichotomy. However, I'm glad that someone made a test like this... it's nice to see people experimenting with different kinds of tests, and I haven't seen many tests based on Reinin dichotomies before.

    Some of the questions were hard for me to answer, though. It would be useful to tie the abstract descriptions to practical examples -- this holds true for almost every socionics test I've ever taken, though. I'm curious how accurate this test would be for people without socionics knowledge.
    delta nf (?) ... 4w5 (?)

  34. #34
    Elro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Not here
    Posts
    2,796
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dee
    lot's of people here are so confused they don't know *what* they are talking about. don't take everything at face value, try to remember that behind the mask of confident words can lie a rotting bullshit and use you OWN HEAD!!!
    Excellent advice!

    Quote Originally Posted by dee
    EVERYONE, PUT THIS PRICK ON IGNORE!!!
    Hmm... I don't think so.

  35. #35
    Landlord of the Dog and Duck Subteigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    EII-Ne Sp/So
    Posts
    14,935
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think this test is good, even though I'm not sure of the results - it might be a good idea to double the number of questions or something (says the lazy one)?

    I got:
    * ENTp: 10
    * ISFp: 6
    * INTj: 7
    * ESFj: 5
    * ESTp: 4
    * INFp: 6
    * ISTj: 7
    * ENFj: 3
    * ESFp: 5
    * INTp: 5
    * ISFj: 6
    * ENTj: 4
    * ENFp: 3
    * ISTp: 5
    * INFj: 6
    * ESTj: 6

  36. #36

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    132
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elzo
    You are welcome to create short, clearer descriptions.
    I'm not creating the test...

  37. #37
    snegledmaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,900
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elzo
    Quote Originally Posted by snegledmaca
    something
    Could you word them better please?
    Pfft, I don't know, perhaps this?

    I perceive events in an episodic manner — discrete states rather than continuous changes.
    EXAMPLE: Things happen. They either are or are not.
    I perceive events in a continuous sequences — continuous changes rather than discrete states.
    EXAMPLE: Things don't just happen. They come into being.


    I tend to minimize the emotional elements of interaction with people I meet, preferring to focus on the 'business' elements.
    I tend to concentrate foremost on the emotional background of interaction with people I meet, with 'business' a secondary concern.


    I am good at noticing the emotional background and perceiving the emotional aspect (particularly 'fun') separate from the activity.
    EXAMPLE: I hate it when a person creates awkward silences by saying the wrong thing because they cannot perceive the spirit of playfulness.
    I am bad at noticing the emotional background and do not separate the emotional aspect (particularly 'fun') from the activity.
    EXAMPLE: Some people make a joke out of everything.


    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus
    Quote Originally Posted by snegledmaca
    No, I mean I studied them and realized that anybody can have almost any attribute. And that a preference is as stable as those in MBTI. In didn't even bother to try to determine my type through them. And if you are so hung up on them they almost always give me ILE as a result. Now how does that fit in your view of the world?
    ILE is a more likely type for you than IEI, because there is no way that you can be an IEI unless you have got it all wrong. But it can sometimes happen that an ILE can identify with ILI and INTP type descriptions, and the ILE belongs to the group of NTs, so that can also be explained given that assumption.
    Lol, my mother is an ESE. There is no chance in hell, I repeat, no chance in hell, that I'm an alpha.

  38. #38
    Landlord of the Dog and Duck Subteigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    EII-Ne Sp/So
    Posts
    14,935
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    I perceive events in an episodic manner — discrete states rather than continuous changes.
    This might be like a series of photographs telling a story (I'm not sure if the 'photographs' necessarily need to be in sequence?)

    I perceive events in a continuous sequences — continuous changes rather than discrete states.
    This might be more like a film telling a story .

  39. #39

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,833
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snegledmaca
    Lol, my mother is an ESE. There is no chance in hell, I repeat, no chance in hell, that I'm an alpha.
    I didn't suggest that you would be an Alpha. My point has always been that you can't be a Beta. No Beta is a Rational, no Beta is an NT Researcher. And you still claim to be one. That is a blatant contradiction. Another contradiction is that you claim not to fit the IEI type descriptions. Your mother could very well be an ESE, and the few times I have seen you describe your relation to your mother everything you have said about that relation seems to be consistent with a relation of Conflict. Your case for IEI is just too weak. You don't have legitimate grounds for claiming that you are an IEI -- at least none of those you have presented to this forum.

  40. #40
    snegledmaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,900
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus
    I didn't suggest that you would be an Alpha. My point has always been that you can't be a Beta. No Beta is a Rational, no Beta is an NT Researcher.
    I never claimed to be any of those things.

    Your case for IEI is just too weak. You don't have legitimate grounds for claiming that you are an IEI -- at least none of those you have presented to this forum.
    Well, hmm, it's stronger then ILI.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •