View Poll Results: What am I? (condensed quadra version)

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Delta

2 20.00%
  • Gamma

1 10.00%
  • Beta

1 10.00%
  • Alpha

2 20.00%
  • Longwinded.

4 40.00%

Thread: Socionics challenge! woohoo!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Socionics challenge! woohoo!

This is going to be long. Brace yourselves! I'll try to make it interesting on some level. It also is probably going to become something of a cathartic vomiting board, since once I get going on a topic I have to keep going until I have nothing else to say. Grab some popcorn and hit me with the truth!

First off, I like people. They are a-holes. But in part that is because they are trying to abide by their own interests, and that is as it should be. I mean, if you don't, then who will? Of course people will clash, soemtimes a lot. It depends on their agendas and their own personal language. They're still a-holes, don't get me wrong. We are all A-holes. But it's okay. Because an a-hole is an a-hole is an a-hole. That being said, I abide by the general rules of politeness in most cases, unless I feel adequately pressed. Happens rarely. It isn't that I'm holding back or afraid, it is that I'm honestly not annoyed. It does take quite a bit to get me to blink, if I'm in a healthy mental state. What makes me annoyed? Intrusiveness, plain and simple.

Back to me+other people. I like people, the a-holes they and I. But I do not understand them off the bat, and I do not feel comfortable engaging them until one of these things, whichever comes first (which coincidentally makes people think I'm an aloof snob, when all I'm doing is trying to figure out how to make my moves):

1. They hit on a topic very near and dear to my heart, and I must discuss. Which during discussion would invariably lead to the second circumstance...
    2. I know what to expect from them. I can use some sort of info about them....body language, tone, inflection, extrasensory info....to figure out what to expect. I feel secure.

I observe until then. I often observe afterwards. The slightest jolt can start the whole process over again, sometimes, if it is the right kind of jolt. I can range from taciturn and completely withdrawn/unresponsive all the way to nonstop talking and fun. The latter is the one I exhibited when I was younger, but as I got older and more and more disenchanted I only fell into that sort of behavior with people I know well and when I'm alone. Maybe I'm insane, but I talk to myself and my pets nonstop when I'm alone. I need the noise. Plus, I like my pets and must communicate to them my thoughts.

I've found it is more easy to be by myself, though. I like staying near the people so that I can talk if I feel so inclined, but it is wonderful to be able to wander around wherever I wish and do whatever I want, answering to nothing except the law (hehehe) and my schedule. I like to stay busy, whether that involves watching all trillion seasons of some television show in one week or running around constantly finding excuses to get out of the dorm room. When I do something that actually matters to me and holds my interest beyond the introductory period (not a terribly high acceptance rate, I'll admit that) I DO it. I tear through everything I can find, single-mindedly and as quickly as I can. And when it's over, I rehash.

I do have a lot of energy. I guess. I'm told that, anyway, and I assume so by other peoples reactions. Things I do, like reading 10 books at once (that sounds idiotic, but you know what I mean...) or taking the max credit hours or swimming 10,000 meters in one afternoon-- other people are like 'woah!' and I'm just doing what seems perfectly natural to me (which is doing as much as I possibly can). I'm not good with talking to people and doing something at the same time though, that is the only time I can't multitask. I guess it is because I like to pay as much attention as possible to people when I'm communicating with them. Otherwise I'll miss something, and I won't know how to react or how to interpret their behavior which could result in embarassing stuff. Also probably why I'm not a fan of large groups. I can't watch and analyze all of those people at once! X.x

I spend a lot of time observing and analyzing things, which is something I've begun doing over the years. When I was younger I did it whenever I had down time, which wasn't very often. I always had something new to pretend, or something exciting to explore. But I got older and realized that, sadly, unicorns weren't hiding behind portals located in the backyard, and that if ghosts were real they certainly weren't showing themselves. Disenchantment I guess. It destroyed my world view. I kept waiting for something cool to happen, and it never did. Only the mundanity and opression of public school and the despicably conforming and lost behavior of me and my poor peers. So now, instead of pretending, I watch and try to figure stuff out. And I usually suceed when I actually think about it rather than woolgathering or daydreaming.

That disenchantment characterized a lot of my high school experience. I hated it because it wasn't what I wanted. I wanted adventure! Variety! Something that actually presented a bit of a challenege. I got really withdrawn and though I had dear friends from very early childhood/middle school leftover that loved me, I was miserable and they knew it. They kept complaining about how my spirit had evaporated and I was such a pessimist. The spirit part wasn't true, I still have and had my spirit, thanks mates, but as for the pessimism-- I think I'm a realist. But I'm no pessimist. And eventually, when I actually was ready to listen, I decided that I wanted to get the heck out of high school and never return! So I endured the final years, made two incredibly close and wonderful friends, and graduated and went away to college and once I got here realized that I was still so wrapped up in the aftermath of my "disappointment with life" (wah wah wah, yes, I know. ) that i really have lost sight of what I wanted with my life.

I kind of have an attitude where if I don't get what I want the way I want I keep stubbornly trying to attain that want, and won't accept anything else. I can be pretty flexible with other peoples' beliefs and my own ideas, but if my attainment of reality the way I want it to be is denyed I sulk. A lot. And I keep trying. Often without trying to change my methods, because the fact they didn't work in the first place just makes me more annoyed and determined to prove that I CAN make it work the way I want it to with the outcome I want.

I am certainly a creature of habit. If I find something is generally obstructive to a majority of my other actions, thouh, I will try to fix it by changing things around. But if someone else tries to make it happen I close up and get rather paranoid around them. My 'messes' (I prefer to call them innovative housekeeping skillz), my freetime, my thought process, my personality; it is MINE and I'm going to use it the way that I can. What makes you more right? In fact...I don't even care if you are! My way works for ME, and if you don't like it, there is not room for you.

Ahem. Yes. lol I guess I'm rather egotistical and selfish on some levels. But as I said earlier, someone has to look after me. I'm not one that'll push someone in front of the metaphorical train to save myself, though. I don't believe my life is worth more than anyone else's. But I am selfish in the way that I like my way and I am going to, in the end, do what I want and what I believe over anything else.

My beliefs, as it were, are luckily rather rarely come by. There are very, very few things I accept as 'facts' (it is all relative, baby!) and few things I really believe. I say luckily, because stuff I accept as facts I truly accept as facts. They are logical, sensible, rational, and they have experimentally been proven. They are true, and nothing changes that. The things I believe I won't give up, and though they are usually rational and such, they aren't necessarily as provable. I acknowledge that, and I don't care. There isn't anything objective anyway, and I can't walk around life not having any opnions or beleifs.

I can see how many different things could be true, and I can understand opposing viewpoints. What I can't understand is trying to eliminate other viewpoints.

I'm not always the best communicator, it doesn't always occur to me to talk stuff out because from past experience I've found that it is very perilous and emotionally draining. I don't do well emotionally connecting with people, whatever that means? I don't even know... All I DO know is that the only way I can connect with people is by talking. Talking about what I'm thinking, what I'm doing, what I am interested in, what I want to do with my life. Maybe that is emotional connection? What else could be, besides feeling the same way? I am bothered when someone feels contray to how I feel. It makes me feel like i should be feeling the same way, so I do begin to feel how i imagine they are feeling, and I don't really know how to react to them. I also begin to wonder if they are feeling like I am feeling, or if I'm misreading them. Of course that last thought only occured after the years it took me to realize that I don't necesarily know how other people are feeling just by judging how I would react in the situaiton, and assigning that feeling to them...

I'm going to stop. I'm out of things to say. If anyone actually managed to read that whole spiel, I am undeniably impressed! I know I couldn't....

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

+ (100000 + ∞)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's a lot of Fe there, so Alpha/Beta.

I'd like to say SEE, but there's too much Fe for you to be a Gamma type.

EIE or ESE perhaps. I was also considering ILE.

Throw LSI and LII out the window. SEI and IEI are unlikely, as is SLE.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra

try again.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You sound weird. Do you anything about socionics?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Socionics challenge! woohoo!

beet_root:

How do you relate to these descriptions?

Quote Originally Posted by EP
    Energy exchange. Highly dependant on external information. They are calm when there’s no need to use energy, but they switch on with full power when they need to be active. It’s very difficult for them to keep energy expansion at a high level for a longer period of time. In order to have flexible-laid back temperament, people have to be able to do many activities at the same time. (For example J.Caesar, who was able to read, write and talk at the same time)
    Recommended sports. Body building, wrestling, weightlifting and boxing, shot-putting, hammer throwing, etc.
    Emotions and Behavior. The main trait of this temperament is the rapid changes in mood and status. This is how they differ from EJ. They can’t stand routine and predictability. Emotions seem as unexpected flashes in their their generally relaxed mood. In a moment rage can turn into indifference. Note that their emotions depend on the external changes, not on the inner psychological reasons. Their behavior is very hard to analyze because it doesn’t follow any linear rules. In stead their behavior resembles a broken curve, because they try to get everything done at the same time. They give an impulse to one activity, continue doing the next activity, etc. (they keep switching between various activities). This is the only way they can get things done and it enables them to achieve a lot more than any other method.
    http://the16types.info/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9072

and

Quote Originally Posted by Ne-dominance
    The individual is typically connected to multiple information streams relating to his areas of interest and social circles and likes to distribute useful information from these streams to friends and contacts without asking, as he sees fit. He has a keen sense of which information might be highly relevant and useful and who could make the best use of it or find it the most fascinating.

He easily sees parallels between different situations, areas of knowledge or skill, and people, and likes to establish contacts across different fields that allow him to be part of many things at once.

He enjoys the beginning stages of just about anything - new projects, acquiring new skills, experiencing new people and relationships. Preparing for and launching something new is seen as having greater value than the process of experiencing what one already has and finishing what one has begun. The concept of "finishing" seems foreign to him. Instead of taking care to finish things and tie up all loose ends, he tends to drop things when he can't handle them any longer or realize that he has neglected them for too long.
    http://wikisocion.org/en/index.php?title=Ne

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by snegledmaca
    Yes, I do. And yes, I guess I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Elro
    How do you relate to these descriptions?
    The EP description does a great deal. Especially the dependence on external energy and dislike of routine and predictability.

The first sentence of the Ne description describes me perfectly. The rest really does too, though I have some disagreement with the last sentence. If something has become important enough/have held my attention long enough, I will tie up most loose ends.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezra

try again.
    You suggesting there is no Fe?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by beet_root
    Yes, I do. And yes, I guess I am.
    What do you know of? Do you know of inter type relations?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Socionics challenge! woohoo!

This is going to be long. Brace yourselves! I'll try to make it interesting on some level. It also is probably going to become something of a cathartic vomiting board, since once I get going on a topic I have to keep going until I have nothing else to say. Grab some popcorn and hit me with the truth!
    Rules out LSE, LIE.

I've found it is more easy to be by myself, though. I like staying near the people so that I can talk if I feel so inclined, but it is wonderful to be able to wander around wherever I wish and do whatever I want, answering to nothing except the law (hehehe) and my schedule. I like to stay busy, whether that involves watching all trillion seasons of some television show in one week or running around constantly finding excuses to get out of the dorm room. When I do something that actually matters to me and holds my interest beyond the introductory period (not a terribly high acceptance rate, I'll admit that) I DO it. I tear through everything I can find, single-mindedly and as quickly as I can. And when it's over, I rehash.
    Rules out any IP.

I can see how many different things could be true, and I can understand opposing viewpoints. What I can't understand is trying to eliminate other viewpoints.
    Rules out SLE.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know the basic types, the very basics of how the functions work, and some about inter type relations. Where are you going with this?

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She sounds ENFp to me. Ne Ne Ne Ne Ne Ne Ne Ne Ne, Te preference, Fi.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom
    She sounds ENFp to me. Ne Ne Ne Ne Ne Ne Ne Ne Ne, Te preference, Fi.
    very good. we have a winner.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know the basic types, the very basics of how the functions work, and some about inter type relations. Where are you going with this?
    Valuing and using IME-s. The thing people in this thread are dabbling with.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENXp.

Obvious Ne. I think there's a preference for Fi over Fe and Te over Ti. I can see Se as your role too.

ENFp is my final bet.
    delta nf (?) ... 4w5 (?)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

in all honesty, the Fi/EP is clear as day. i really have no idea why most people seem to be suggesting ILE. i would think SEE is much more likely than ILE.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17
    in all honesty, the Fi/EP is clear as day. i really have no idea why most people seem to be suggesting ILE. i would think SEE is much more likely than ILE.
    I thought this was a pretty good description of how Fi types behave when they meet new people:

Back to me+other people. I like people, the a-holes they and I. But I do not understand them off the bat, and I do not feel comfortable engaging them until one of these things, whichever comes first (which coincidentally makes people think I'm an aloof snob, when all I'm doing is trying to figure out how to make my moves):

1. They hit on a topic very near and dear to my heart, and I must discuss. Which during discussion would invariably lead to the second circumstance...
    2. I know what to expect from them. I can use some sort of info about them....body language, tone, inflection, extrasensory info....to figure out what to expect. I feel secure.
    But I think her Ne is very obvious too.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEE seems to be the best choice.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom
    I thought this was a pretty good description of how Fi types behave when they meet new people:

But I think her Ne is very obvious too.
    Definitely.