Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stereotypical Boardgame For Each Type

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra
    Okay, before anyone else disagrees any further, I retract my original statement about SLEs and LSIs being the best chess players. Clearly I was wrong, and NTs are the better players.
    In general NTs tend to be better players, yes. I think I know chess players of every type. The three strongest players in my former chess club, where I started to play seriously, were -- after a few years of playing -- an ISFj, an ESFj and myself (INTp). The ISFj had the leading position for years, and it is only in the past ten years or so, after we both have changed to a new club, that I have left him slightly behind in playing strenght. The ESFj held the leading position for a short while, but then fell back, and he tragically died some years ago while he was still relatively young.

In my present club one of the leading figures, socially speaking, is an ESFj. He plays chess for fun, and he doesn't care much if he is winning or loosing. We also have ISFjs, ESFps, and many other types represented. We have two rather strong ENTps, both of them slightly worse players than myself. We have a former Swedish champion that is probably an INFj, and he is slightly better than I am, even though we are almost about the same playing strenghth. We have a good ESTj and a good ISTj (who both tend to play the same openings over and over again) about the same strenght as me, and the best player in our club, who has also been Swedish champion in the past, is an ISTp (most likely). We have had one rather strong ESTp player, but he has now gone to another club.

We also have a strong ENTj, about the strenghth of me and the ESTj and the ISTj, or even slightly better. He is totally blind since birth, and he is one of the best blind players in the world (though of course he would have almost no chance against the world champion if they were both playing blindfold).

The best woman player in Sweden, and one of the best female players in the world, Pia Cramling, is probably an INFj in my opinion. Whatever type she is (you can try to type her yourself if you are interested) she is a really good strategist, and her approach is very systematic. In that respect she is totally different from her husband Juan Bellon, who is known as a gambling tactician.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Birds
    Connect-4 and Reversi/Othello
    Ooh, these are both good also. Connect 4 moreso than Othello, but still.

I don't really like Monopoly, or Candyland. (Sorry Logos. ) Monopoly I always end up getting really frustrated at (i.e., suck at) and Candyland, while fun for a while, gets kind of old after a while.

At first I didn't like Scrabble, but it's growing on me.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Candyland is pretty.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, before anyone else disagrees any further, I retract my original statement about SLEs and LSIs being the best chess players. Clearly I was wrong, and NTs are the better players.
    incorrect. the best chess player is the person who plays chess the most and actively tries to improve his/her game.
    asd

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by heath
    incorrect. the best chess player is the person who plays chess the most and actively tries to improve his/her game.
    Yes, which is rarely if ever SLEs and LSIs.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I absolutely love The Game of Life" (yes, there's really such a board game.) I wanted to try Cluedo, but no one I know is interested in it.

I'm not interested in chess enough to actually want to learn it. I tried Bridge once, but I'm put off by the many rules and regulations of the game.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by heath
    "incorrect." the best chess player is the one with the natural gift who works hard at perfecting his game. natural talent with little practice > someone who sucks and practices a lot.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12