Dual Alter Ego
Do you think parts of your personality would naturally resemble your dual? Do you think you have a dual alter-ego?
I see a resemblance to ESTp...
- I play shooter/fighting games using "splatter" as part of my rating criteria.
- A creative kill is an art form. Jason and Jigsaw hold a special place in my heart.
- I ignore (despise) demands for attention/response or any attempt to impose on my time.
- Sunday afternoons are spent at the gun range. I started with 9mm, moving on to sniper rifle next.
- Swords turn me on more than porn ever could... well, almost.
- It's not funny unless it hurts.
- TRANSFORMERS! (swoon)
- Football, chess, evasive discourse... because outwitting your opponent is better than sex on payday.
- I am highly sensitive to criticism but only if I like you.
- Rain, bodies of water, sky... all comfort/inspire my soul somehow.
- I seem mean and standoffish sometimes, but I'm a total softy for the few who get "in".
- Power, speed, winning - any combination thereof thrills me, feels "alive".
- People get what they deserve. Whatever that may be...
Despite all of that, I am still very quiet, feminine, composed, etc in typical NF-style.
from toronto with love
Re: Dual Alter Ego
Very nice. I have noticed this Alter-Ego thing in many people too. I just think it's due to the strength of the functions in the Super Id, screaming for attention/realization ... since you might not be in the close contact of a Dual who does utilize these functions properly, you sort of take them on your own, cultivating such things like what you listed which can be related to and
Originally Posted by zenbrat
I have noticed many similar things in me as well. in me mostly manifests in an almost scary desire to win at anything, being extremely cutthroat, competitive. I very much value this function, push myself to accomplish all my goals throughout a course of time () ... I can not accept mediocrity or failure. It is very THRILLING, I agree. I seek out very risky adventures sometimes as well -- I will propose strange activities that might pose physical danger for the fun of it. I get a weird high out of very scary situations, I love the feeling of adrenaline. I seem extreeeemely mean and stand-offish sometimes too! But similar to you, I am in actuality the biggest softie ever. I just like to play tough, but I am nothing like that really.
I have a weird thing for violence as you mentioned with swords. I get turned on re: sex in relation to some type of violent forcefulness. It can get a little disturbing, (not to the point of BDSM, no) but still, my fantasies in relation to sex all have someone dominating over me...
I really like to research serial killers and such too, I find them very intriguing. I agree that things in nature are extremely inspiring. I have a special place in my heart for rain, thunderstorms especially - the power of nature itself puts me in awe and changes my mood so spectacularly. Weather affects me greatly. I hate sunny, normal days. I need gloom, for some reason (but that may just be a personal thing) Lightning & thunder is rawr-worthy.
comes out a lot too. I really value the thought of "being intelligent" and I want to be seen as such. I like the title of being a nerd, actually, just an atypical one that breaks stereotypes. I love brainteasers, word games, researching things that have no practical application. Wikipedia is worshipped... I just generally like to read about very random, esoteric things and try to formulate a comprehensive understanding of said subject ... but I am nowhere near as capable of this as a real dominant would be. I need this in my life - understanding everything.