View Poll Results: Should I do this for all 16 types?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 50.00%
  • No

3 50.00%

Thread: Should I do this for all 16 types? ENTp and ISFp type description included

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Should I do this for all 16 types? ENTp and ISFp type description included

I'm basically using Jung and Reinin dichotomies to produce the descriptions below. Is this wasted effort or should I continue with producing these descriptions? I didn't want to produce all 16 descriptions then find out I had wasted my time doing it.

ENTp
    Lives mostly in the external world around them. Awareness of the symbolic meaning and ideas behind the physical data and the possibilities of the future. Focused on the demands of the material world on themselves and others. Motivated into activity by the changes in a situation. Perceive events in an episodic manner – discrete states rather than continuous changes. Tend to use interrogative intonations – much of what they say sounds like a question. Focus on the 'positive' aspects of a situation: what has gone and could go right, what is correct and plentiful. Focus on the actions to be performed, with the goal unsettled. Tend to minimize the emotional elements of interaction, preferring to focus on the 'business' elements. Feel themselves 'immersed' in a process, and therefore have a difficult time multitasking. Resources are 'sacred', but ideas are freely shared and manipulated. Inclined to solve problems by primarily using that information which is 'at hand'. Accordingly, their solutions are likely to be particular to that situation. Natural state is relaxed. Seek a romantic relationship in which one partner provides physical comfort, material needs and daily practical help to the other partner. Good at noticing emotional background and perceive the emotional aspect (particularly 'fun') separate from the activity. Perceive self and others primarily through individual qualities.

ISFp
    Mostly concerned with their own thoughts and feelings. Focus on the here and now. Focused on people, their relationships, feelings, and emotions. Motivated into activity by the changes in a situation. Perceive events in a continuous sequences – continuous changes rather than discrete states. Inclined to speak in a declarative manner – even their questions may sound like statements. Focus on the 'negative' aspects of a situation: what has gone and could go wrong, what is missing or deficient. Focus on the goal to reach, with the actions to get there unsettled. Tend to concentrate foremost on the emotional background of interaction, with 'business' a secondary concern. Feel themselves 'immersed' in a process, and therefore have a difficult time multitasking. Resources are 'sacred', but ideas are freely shared and manipulated. Inclined to solve problems by primarily using that information which is 'at hand'. Accordingly, their solutions are likely to be particular to that situation. Natural state is relaxed. Seeks a romantic relationship in which one partner provides physical comfort, material needs and daily practical help to the other partner. Good at noticing emotional background and perceive the emotional aspect (particularly 'fun') separate from the activity. Perceive self and others primarily through individual qualities.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Should I do this for all 16 types?

Quote Originally Posted by Elzo
    I'm basically using Jung and Reinin dichotomies to produce the descriptions below. Is this wasted effort or should I continue with producing these descriptions? I didn't want to produce all 16 descriptions then find out I had wasted my time doing it.
    Sure, I don't necessarily agree that the Reinin descriptions are accurate, but it would be interesting to see what it all looks like when you get done. Smilex used to do this sort of exhaustive compilation project, and people generally had a good response to it.

You might consider programming something, or setting something up in Excel to generate these for you.

Also, it would be useful to have a "key" where you simply list each of the dichotomies you're drawing from, in the order that you're going in.