Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 75

Thread: forum members' correct types

  1. #1
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default forum members' correct types

    Quote Originally Posted by dee
    you "rating" here? among people who are so fucking obviously mistyped?
    Enlighten us.

  2. #2
    jessica129's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,122
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It's next to impossible to type someone online whom you've never met.

  3. #3
    ...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    9,167
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jessica129
    It's next to impossible to type someone online whom you've never met.
    I agree with you wholeheartedly.
    Ideas don't determine who's right. Power determines who's right. And I have the power. So I'm right.

  4. #4
    snegledmaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,900
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezra
    Quote Originally Posted by jessica129
    It's next to impossible to type someone online whom you've never met.
    I agree with you wholeheartedly.
    Same here.

  5. #5
    Kristiina's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Estonia, Tartu
    Posts
    4,021
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I disagree - I think that if we have enough correctly typed people online, we can type others of the same type using only similarities in online behavior, pictures and a self-description. Unfortunately we are not sure that the people in our "database" are correctly typed.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

    Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

    Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

  6. #6
    jessica129's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,122
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm not quite sure how I come across here, but I think I'm completely different offline. I think peoples personalities are magnified online so how could it be possible to get an accurate reading? And I was never a believer in typing someone based on a few random pictures. Videos, maybe..but still, it's just a snapshot of their personality and what they've 'chosen' to reveal. I've tried typing people i've known for years and i still don't know as they do something different everyday that will shatter that thought. How can a few words and a picture be accurate? I think you can get a general feel for someones type, but you can't possibly know for sure. We can agree to disagree, i'm not arguing anything.. just throwing it out there.

  7. #7
    ...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    9,167
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jessica129
    I'm not quite sure how I come across here, but I think I'm completely different offline. I think peoples personalities are magnified online so how could it be possible to get an accurate reading? And I was never a believer in typing someone based on a few random pictures. Videos, maybe..but still, it's just a snapshot of their personality and what they've 'chosen' to reveal. I've tried typing people i've known for years and i still don't know as they do something different everyday that will shatter that thought. How can a few words and a picture be accurate? I think you can get a general feel for someones type, but you can't possibly know for sure. We can agree to disagree, i'm not arguing anything.. just throwing it out there.
    Good observations.

    Have you looked at functions recently to decide what socionics type you might be?
    Ideas don't determine who's right. Power determines who's right. And I have the power. So I'm right.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    USA.
    TIM
    INTj
    Posts
    4,497
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    more videos.

  9. #9
    ...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    9,167
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yeah, more videos.
    Ideas don't determine who's right. Power determines who's right. And I have the power. So I'm right.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    890
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jessica129
    I'm not quite sure how I come across here, but I think I'm completely different offline. I think peoples personalities are magnified online so how could it be possible to get an accurate reading? And I was never a believer in typing someone based on a few random pictures. Videos, maybe..but still, it's just a snapshot of their personality and what they've 'chosen' to reveal. I've tried typing people i've known for years and i still don't know as they do something different everyday that will shatter that thought. How can a few words and a picture be accurate? I think you can get a general feel for someones type, but you can't possibly know for sure. We can agree to disagree, i'm not arguing anything.. just throwing it out there.
    Some types do have linguistic habits which one can get a feel for over time, if communicating with others of the same type long enough to get a feel for the patterns ... as well as the cognitive content ... so I think it is possible for some people to be able to type others online in a very holistic, pattern-recognition sort of way just based on writing style.

  11. #11
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think if you interact with someone enough AND you have an accurate understanding of quadra values (Fe, Ni, etc.), you can at least pick a quadra for them. Temperaments can be harder to nail down online. Sometimes it's extremely difficult if not impossible to nail down someone's strong functions, too. There's so much you can't tell about a person online that you can see instantly in person.

  12. #12
    Park's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Beyond the blue horizon
    TIM
    SLI
    Posts
    13,088
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I don't know about yours, but my type is incorrect, as are most ISTP types.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

  13. #13
    Landlord of the Dog and Duck Subteigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    EII-Ne Sp/So
    Posts
    14,945
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    I have decided to throw away all preconceptions I may have formed about a person's type, and ignore all 'evidence', which can be misleading. I have devised a means of determining the type of every person in this thread. I got a calculator and used the 'Ran#' function times by 16 - your types are as follows:

    Joy - ESFj
    Jessica - ISFj
    Ezra - ENFj
    Snegledmaca = INTj
    Kristiina = ISTj
    Ms. K = ISTj
    astralsilky = ESTj
    Winterpark = INFj
    Subterranean = ESTp

  14. #14
    xyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    7,709
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ...ha?

  15. #15
    The Iniquitous inumbra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    TIM
    954
    Posts
    5,989
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm LSE.

  16. #16
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Subterranean
    I have decided to throw away all preconceptions I may have formed about a person's type, and ignore all 'evidence', which can be misleading. I have devised a means of determining the type of every person in this thread. I got a calculator and used the 'Ran#' function times by 16 - your types are as follows:

    Joy - ESFj
    Jessica - ISFj
    Ezra - ENFj
    Snegledmaca = INTj
    Kristiina = ISTj
    Ms. K = ISTj
    astralsilky = ESTj
    Winterpark = INFj
    Subterranean = ESTp

  17. #17

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    8,578
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder
    Quote Originally Posted by Subterranean
    I have decided to throw away all preconceptions I may have formed about a person's type, and ignore all 'evidence', which can be misleading. I have devised a means of determining the type of every person in this thread. I got a calculator and used the 'Ran#' function times by 16 - your types are as follows:

    Joy - ESFj
    Jessica - ISFj
    Ezra - ENFj
    Snegledmaca = INTj
    Kristiina = ISTj
    Ms. K = ISTj
    astralsilky = ESTj
    Winterpark = INFj
    Subterranean = ESTp
    Bizarrely, some of them at least got the right quadra.
    how is that bizarre? the expected rate of correctly guessing the quadra is 1/4. here you have 9 people, 3 of whom picked their correct quadra at random (ezra, kristiina, winterpark). how is that so unusual?

    (disclaimer- i don't have a clue what winterpark's type is in actuality. i'm using his self-typing as a default because i have no idea whatsoever.)

  18. #18
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder
    Quote Originally Posted by Subterranean
    I have decided to throw away all preconceptions I may have formed about a person's type, and ignore all 'evidence', which can be misleading. I have devised a means of determining the type of every person in this thread. I got a calculator and used the 'Ran#' function times by 16 - your types are as follows:

    Joy - ESFj
    Jessica - ISFj
    Ezra - ENFj
    Snegledmaca = INTj
    Kristiina = ISTj
    Ms. K = ISTj
    astralsilky = ESTj
    Winterpark = INFj
    Subterranean = ESTp
    Bizarrely, some of them at least got the right quadra.
    how is that bizarre? the expected rate of correctly guessing the quadra is 1/4. here you have 9 people, 3 of whom picked their correct quadra at random (ezra, kristiina, winterpark). how is that so unusual?

    (disclaimer- i don't have a clue what winterpark's type is in actuality. i'm using his self-typing as a default because i have no idea whatsoever.)
    lol that's exactly what I was thinking

  19. #19
    Haikus
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    MI
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Posts
    10,060
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think peoples personalities are magnified online so how could it be possible to get an accurate reading?
    I think you just discovered how we really CAN type people accurately online. Envision how they act, but just turn it down a few notces in your head. I agree, our online selves are our 'real selves' just in a magnified way.

  20. #20
    ...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    9,167
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm EIE. COOL!

    LO AND BEHOLD, FOR THE TIME IS NIGH WHEN ALL OF THE WORLD'S GREATEST CITIZENS WILL TRAMPLE UPON THOSE LOWER... THEY WILL INDEED NOT HELP THE POOR AND DEFENCELESS SOULS WHO SO HAPPEN TO WONDER THROUGH LIFE WITH LITTLE OR NO PROSPECTS. SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST I TELL YOU! ONLY THOSE WITH SUPERIOR VISIONARY CAPABILITIES AND A BEAUTIFUL ARTICULATION FOR EMOTIONAL EXPRESSION AND UNDERSTANDING WILL EVER SUCCEED IN LIFE. EVEN THOSE LOGICAL INTUITIVE EXTRAVERTS DO NOT MATCH THE SKILFULNESS OF FEELINGS... ALL HAIL THE ETHICAL INTUITIVE EXTRAVERT, THE ONLY WINNER IN THIS MARVELLOUS GAME OF EXISTENCE!

    I am truly a fucking legend.
    Ideas don't determine who's right. Power determines who's right. And I have the power. So I'm right.

  21. #21
    ...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    9,167
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It would be pretty good to be EIE I s'pose. You'd be a charmer, a smooth-talker, someone who was a proper player. On top of this, you'd be a high achiever, and could gain what people like to call a 'high place in society'. You'd be a great friend to all. To have a decent emotional understanding means you're essentially a fantastic puller and a very good organiser.
    Ideas don't determine who's right. Power determines who's right. And I have the power. So I'm right.

  22. #22
    ...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    9,167
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Subterranean
    Joy - ESFj
    Jessica - ISFj
    Ezra - ENFj
    Snegledmaca = INTj
    Kristiina = ISTj
    Ms. K = ISTj
    astralsilky = ESTj
    Winterpark = INFj
    Subterranean = ESTp
    But you ain't no SLE, and Joy ain't know ESE. Nor is she an LIE. And winterpark isn't an EII either. Is Kristiina fuck an LSI.

    That is all.
    Ideas don't determine who's right. Power determines who's right. And I have the power. So I'm right.

  23. #23
    ...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    9,167
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezra
    Quote Originally Posted by Subterranean
    Joy - ESFj
    Jessica - ISFj
    Ezra - ENFj
    Snegledmaca = INTj
    Kristiina = ISTj
    Ms. K = ISTj
    astralsilky = ESTj
    Winterpark = INFj
    Subterranean = ESTp
    But you ain't no SLE, and Joy ain't know ESE. Nor is she an LIE. And winterpark isn't an EII either. Is Kristiina fuck an LSI.

    That is all.
    Oh?
    No, I see her not the same as Expat.

    Or wait, idea. Idea. Idea. EXPAT IS AN LII! He is also a 5w6 secure at 8!
    Ideas don't determine who's right. Power determines who's right. And I have the power. So I'm right.

  24. #24
    ...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    9,167
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Well, for an 8, he is remarkably good at not taking a position without really firm evidence ("I cannot hold that position as there is nothing to suggest it) and is (especially strange for an 8w9) a very clear thinking, methodical arguer. It rings very close to IJ temperament. I do not for one second doubt his being of the NT club (what else could he possibly be?) as I see a huge lack of Fe. Nonetheless, his being part of the Alpha temperament-

    Actually, fuck this, if there is no Fe, he must be Gamma or Delta, and if he is definitely an NT, he can't be anything else but ILI (highly unlikely) and LIE (which is highly likely since it is nigh on impossible not to see Te). In other words, it all fits.

    However, from the above, I still think he's not an 8w9. It's because he's so good at thinking that I can't see it. It is reminiscent of my 5w6 or 6w5 friend who is practically unbeatable in an argument. He makes faults, but he's very consistent in his views (Ti). However, his method of arguing is very different to Expat's, which can most likely be explained by Expat's Te and his Ti.
    Ideas don't determine who's right. Power determines who's right. And I have the power. So I'm right.

  25. #25
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm not making an argument for or against anyone's type, but Expat and I are much more similar than we are different. There are differences... the way he presents himself is more mild mannered than I am (at least on this forum), but there are a lot of things that could account for such a difference in people of any intertype relation, identicals included.

  26. #26
    ...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    9,167
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    To be honest, I haven't tasted the full power of Thunder yet, so I don't know. You're relatively new to me. I've known Joy's persona for longer than I've been on this board, and Expat's when I first got here.

    The way I see it is that Joy is in the same position as me. She thinks she's an 8w7 (which I do) and an LIE (which I do). Whether or not any of this is true I don't know. How much can you trust a person's judgement? I know I trust mine. The only reason anything I say is skewered is because of LACK OF INFORMATION. It's not because I've got too much Ti or Fe or any shit like that. What I say is true because it is based on the information I have. If something I say is false, it is because I lack the information to make it true. Anyway, I've spoken to Joy before privately, and she says she's done tests and has come out as an 8w7. I think this bullshit about paraplegic people not being able to be 8s is crap, because the 8's energy comes from WITHIN. It is all about the strategic mind, the expansive nature and the dominating tone. How many 8s are weak in some way. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM. Only the healthy and self-aware ones will admit it. So Joy can easily be legless and an 8w7. She is not an 8w9.

    As for you, I've talked to you before too, and you said you identify with the motivations of the 8 but not the behaviour. I will make no asssertion based on the limited evidence you've given thus far, bu let me tell you, too many people make the mistake of getting to the core before they've understood the Enneagram. So instead of looking at the behaviour, reactions etc. of every type, they simply look at the motivations and say "hmmm, I fit this one because I don't like to be controlled". In reality, they could be absolutely wrong. After all, who does like to be controlled? You have to look at behaviour, and then WHY one behaves in this way. It is as crucial to study every element of a type in the Enneagram as it is in socionics. There needn't be anything remotely esoteric about the theory, despite its mystical, spiritual roots, unlike its scientific cousin, socionics.

    Expat I would truly like to meet in real life. I would be able to tell his type in a matter of hours. But because we're online, we all have to trust each other's judgments unless there is blatently conflicting evidence that must be addressed; for example, one sees an overload of Ni in someone who claims to be an LSE.

    As I said though, it really is a pitiful thing to attempt to tell someone what or who they are online, if they haven't ever met them in real life. For me, obviously, this is my view. I don't like people telling me I am one thing when they have not seen how I act but only how I write. Perhaps not for others. Especially those who are not confident in their judgements. They will essentially believe whatever those who are of a more experienced status tell them, although they will still question it to no end, which will get them nowhere. They don't know what the fuck to believe. What they need to learn to do is accurately and objectively evaluate themselves with no feeling of "I wish I was this" or "that isn't cool, I don't want to be that type or have that function". It's about what IS, and - more importantly - what CAN BE once what IS is uncovered and analysed. It's about potential in many ways. But in order to find this potential, one-must-look-to-the-facts.
    Ideas don't determine who's right. Power determines who's right. And I have the power. So I'm right.

  27. #27
    ...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    9,167
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    I'm not making an argument for or against anyone's type, but Expat and I are much more similar than we are different. There are differences... the way he presents himself is more mild mannered than I am (at least on this forum), but there are a lot of things that could account for such a difference in people of any intertype relation, identicals included.
    Also don't forget subtypes. He's Logical, you're Intuitive.
    Ideas don't determine who's right. Power determines who's right. And I have the power. So I'm right.

  28. #28
    ...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    9,167
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezra
    As for you, I've talked to you before too, and you said you identify with the motivations of the 8 but not the behaviour. I will make no asssertion based on the limited evidence you've given thus far, bu let me tell you, too many people make the mistake of getting to the core before they've understood the Enneagram. So instead of looking at the behaviour, reactions etc. of every type, they simply look at the motivations and say "hmmm, I fit this one because I don't like to be controlled". In reality, they could be absolutely wrong. After all, who does like to be controlled? You have to look at behaviour, and then WHY one behaves in this way. It is as crucial to study every element of a type in the Enneagram as it is in socionics. There needn't be anything remotely esoteric about the theory, despite its mystical, spiritual roots, unlike its scientific cousin, socionics.
    Well, the issue with that is that I don't identify with the behaviour of any E-type.
    That was Expat's issue as well.

    So why choose 8w9? Why do you think Expat did?

    Would you like me to tell you why I chose 8?
    Ideas don't determine who's right. Power determines who's right. And I have the power. So I'm right.

  29. #29
    ...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    9,167
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder
    I think the only other type would be is a 1.
    I might not have originally asked you this - how does your anger manifest itself again?
    Ideas don't determine who's right. Power determines who's right. And I have the power. So I'm right.

  30. #30
    ...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    9,167
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder
    Would you like me to tell you why I chose 8?
    Sure.
    From an early age, I've always been commented on a) how loud my voice was and b) how rough I was with people ("ahhh, Ezra! Don't hit it so hard!"). I liked to play rough, because it was much more fun. The risk involved was more dangerous. Rock fights instead of stick fights, big huge wooden staffs instead of little twigs for swords. And everyone's parents I was either in trouble with for playing to rough and treading on people's feet or because my voice was so fucking loud. It's one that carries. I've used it for many things in the past, and domineering has been one of them. It doesn't always work, but for the most part, I get my way. I use a combination of verbal force and reasonable rationale to get my way. I've never used pure physical force. That is just bullying and I don't accept it as a valid way of getting something from someone.

    My feelings have been betrayed twice in the past. All through primary school, I was manipulated by someone constantly. It was emotional blackmail. And it did serious damage. Again, in high school, I was constantly taunted by a guy who didn't realise how much he was affecting me. To him it was a joke to get me wound up so easily. To me, I was getting very hurt. So I made a decision. Shut off the feelings. Since then, those around me have become accustomed to an assumedly cold-hearted person.

    I have a massive appetite. For a lot of things, not just food. I just consumed four packs of crisps. I want some toast now.

    I'm very self-confident, and have always had faith in my capabilities to succeed in what I wanted to succeed in. However, I've had a major problem with weakness in my life. Not that I am weak, but that I cannot be weak. I couldn't give a shit about what others perceive me as - weak or strong, but it's what I AM. That is what is important. I HAVE to know that I'm strong. And the way to do this? Be strong. Thus, deciveness, follow-through and not backing down from arguments have always been my strong points. I'm a good arguer, because I always win. This is often through default, because the other person is tired of arguing with me. They give in too easily, which I do not respect. I LOVE heated debates on politics and philosophical issues. They're great fun, and they give me a huge boost.

    I have a big reputation for being aggressive and wanting to do. I don't like time-wasting. I can achieve a lot given the time in which to do it. People will often point me out that I need to chill out and relax or that I need to think about my actions.
    Ideas don't determine who's right. Power determines who's right. And I have the power. So I'm right.

  31. #31
    ...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    9,167
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I don't know dee's type, but he says he reckons he's 6w5. 4w5 came out quite highly as well.

    Right, every time I've done a test, I've come out as an 8, save twice. Once when I came out as a 1, and another time when I came out as a 3 (but that was based on my answering a few questions experimentally). In other words, the tests call me 8, the descriptions make me an 8, the behaviour makes me an 8, the motivations make me an 8, so I can only be an 8.

    Socionics type is so much more of a bitch. Basically, on the tests I've done thus far I've come out LIE, and I identify with both EJ temperament and NT club. The LIE description fits me too as much as SLE does, as does Myers-Briggs ENTJ, Keirsey's ENTJ and Oldham's Aggressive style. I've also got the financial independence criterion - my life is based on money and getting hold of it. However, at this point Phaedrus would say "then you MUST be LIE". I won't settle for that. I need to know what functions I use and don't use. And I need to know the most effective method in order to do this. I would rather work through independently than have someone tell me "you use x function and x too".
    Ideas don't determine who's right. Power determines who's right. And I have the power. So I'm right.

  32. #32
    ...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    9,167
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezra
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder
    I think the only other type would be is a 1.
    I might not have originally asked you this - how does your anger manifest itself again?
    Do you mean, how I act when I'm angry or, what makes me angry?
    How you act. How do you react that that which makes you angry?
    Ideas don't determine who's right. Power determines who's right. And I have the power. So I'm right.

  33. #33
    ...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    9,167
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    What's your aim in life, Thunder?
    Ideas don't determine who's right. Power determines who's right. And I have the power. So I'm right.

  34. #34
    ...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    9,167
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    dee, you need to relax your opinions of others. There is a lot of projection there, and a lot of counterphobia (especially if you're a 6w5 as you say you might be). If you really think people will find your information to be factually incorrect and this disturbs you in any way, perhaps it would be better if you didn't post it.
    Ideas don't determine who's right. Power determines who's right. And I have the power. So I'm right.

  35. #35
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,635
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm probably a LIE split subtype, but SLE is a possibility, even if not a strong one anymore.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  36. #36

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,833
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    I'm probably a LIE split subtype, but SLE is a possibility, even if not a strong one anymore.
    I would be very interested in knowing what exactly has made you change your mind about your type. And it should of course be of special interest to Ezra too.

  37. #37
    mustachio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    stoppage time
    Posts
    896
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus
    Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    I'm probably a LIE split subtype, but SLE is a possibility, even if not a strong one anymore.
    I would be very interested in knowing what exactly has made you change your mind about your type. And it should of course be of special interest to Ezra too.
    undoubtedly, there is a correlation to MBTT involved.
    IEI - the nasty kind...

  38. #38
    ...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    9,167
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus
    Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    I'm probably a LIE split subtype, but SLE is a possibility, even if not a strong one anymore.
    I would be very interested in knowing what exactly has made you change your mind about your type. And it should of course be of special interest to Ezra too.
    Absolutely. Especially when Fabio mentions strength in the context that he did.
    Ideas don't determine who's right. Power determines who's right. And I have the power. So I'm right.

  39. #39
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,635
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus
    Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    I'm probably a LIE split subtype, but SLE is a possibility, even if not a strong one anymore.
    I would be very interested in knowing what exactly has made you change your mind about your type. And it should of course be of special interest to Ezra too.
    It's very likely that I'm a J type; this, and my relationships.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  40. #40
    ...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    9,167
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by little red riding hood
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus
    Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    I'm probably a LIE split subtype, but SLE is a possibility, even if not a strong one anymore.
    I would be very interested in knowing what exactly has made you change your mind about your type. And it should of course be of special interest to Ezra too.
    undoubtedly, there is a correlation to MBTT involved.
    Not necessarily. Fabio is clearly a 7, and the chances of a 7 being an ENTJ in MBTT are ridiculously low.

    7s in MBTT can only really be ESTPs, ESFPs, ENTPs, ENFPs, ISTPs and - in some rare cases - ISFPs. I couldn't see them representing any EJ type (too temperamental and moody) and IJ is out of the question.

    However, in socionics, it's apparently a different story. Nonetheless, a 7 who likes Te? Hmmmm.
    Ideas don't determine who's right. Power determines who's right. And I have the power. So I'm right.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •