Thread: Beta: exciting environment, positive emotions, attention seeking

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Beta: exciting environment, positive emotions, attention seeking

Some other questions for betas, thanks for your responses in my last beta thread.

(A) Do you guys like loud laughter in companies? Do you like an exciting, jubilant atmosphere and seek to create this.

(B) Do you like being in groups and very much enjoy group interaction over one to one socializing in general.

(C) Are you generally smiling and happy looking(or generally emotionally expressive) and seek to give off positive emotions?

(D) Would you describe yourself as attention seeking or liking the attention of people you are not close to.

I am asking these questions because it seems that the people in real life who I believe to be beta do not often appear to like some of the behaviors commonly attributed to betas and here on this forum. I want to know what you guys think.
    Socionics: XNFx
    MBTI: INFJ

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Beta, laughter, team spirit ...

Quote Originally Posted by Megan
    Some other questions for betas, thanks for your responses in my last beta thread.

(A) Do you guys like loud laughter in companies? Do you like an exciting, jubilant atmosphere and seek to create this.
    Sometimes a jubilant atmosphere is engaging. Other times I just want to get away somewhere quiet. Mood-dependent.

(B) Do you like being in groups and very much enjoy group interaction over one to one socializing in general.
    I prefer small groups or one-to-one.

(C) Are you generally smiling and happy looking(or generally emotionally expressive) and seek to give off positive emotions?
    I'm definitely not happy and smiling all the time. Emotionally expressive -- dour, angry, preoccupied, distracted, musing, intense, mischievous, flirty, whatever. My face shows my state of mind immediately and it generally affects people around me. I don't' feel compelled to only express positive emotions; mine run the full spectrum.

(D) Would you describe yourself as attention seeking or liking the attention of people you are not close to.
    Not attention seeking of people I don't know or am not close to. Generally, blatant exhibitionism gets on my nerves.

I am asking these questions because it seems that the people in real life who I believe to be beta do not often appear to like some of the behaviors commonly attributed to betas and here on this forum. I want to know what you guys think.
    I sometimes find it confusing to read about behaviors attributed to Betas/ . Like that business about "giving the finger" being Fe. I personally don't relate to that. Perhaps extraverted
    socio: INFp - IEI
    ennea: 4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Twain
    Only kings, presidents, editors, and people with tapeworms have the right to use the editorial 'we'.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No.

No.

Er, maybe sometimes.

Only from certain people.

God, if only I knew what I think. Sorry I wasn't more helpful.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loki
    I knew what I think. Sorry I wasn't more helpful.
    you were.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like it, but have no idea how to create it. Sometimes I do if I'm in a good mood... I wish I knew how that works.
    Only if the group is very pleasant.
    I am.
    Less than most people.
    LSI

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Um, sure, but I don't usually laugh very loud or anything like that. I definitely do not give a lot of effort to create this kind of atmosphere. But I don't really mind if I'm in this kind of atmosphere, and I think it depends. Ok, I think it's pretty annoying when people are laughing too loudly...

I definitely DO NOT prefer being in groups over one to one interactions. Usually, when the group gets too large, I get bored, lose interest, and float off to somewhere else. But I don't think that this is related to any types or quadras. I think it's got more to do with the level of energy and shyness/gregariousness.

Yes, sure, when I'm in public, but I don't think that I'm usually smiling or happy looking. But I still try to smile at people or something like that.

Definitely do not like attentions from people that I'm not close to.

Yeah, I think most people often attribute the Beta quadra as being nothing but rambunctious, intolerant and in-your-face. Which can be true, but not always.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really like it, but only when I get the joke. Some jubilant atmosphere just makes me think, "umm, are you guys stupid? What funny about that."
    I enjoy a group more than one to one socializing. In a group I can observe when I want to, but when it's just me and another person, I have to either talk or listen. And somehow I feel sorry when I say something that's brilliant, but only one person hears it, and she doesn't even apprechiate it properly because she's too busy listening and nodding. Or even when I'm talking with an ISTj IRL, I end up trying too hard to create an atmosphere for a group of two. It takes so much energy, but it's difficult not to try. And I can't hold the Fe energy for long. Only 30-60 min. After that I act tired like it's early morning and I have just woken up. Besides, I often feel like me and the other person have to talk about something important, so that there is any point in having the conversation in the first place. But how many "important" topics can you come up with.
    Not happy-looking or smiling. More like worried and negative, although I have more energy when I'm with other people and people usually tend to remember the high-energy moments the most brightly. Current classmates might actually see me as energetic and happy-looking.
    Attention-seeking and terrified of attention. "look at me, look at me.... they are looking at me *FREAK OUT*, stop looking at me, so I can stop trembling.".
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Note that I'm am not so sure about being an INFp but...there you go :
    I DEFINITELY prefer cosy evironment but sometimes I can get crazy on a huge party or something of that sort. It depends on my mood if I prefer a quiet atmosphere of chill out or I feel like doing something mad but it's always much, much better when there are no people I don't know.

I don't like one-to-one interaction actually, because I'm afraid that the conversation will stuck (it often does). Threesomes and foursomes are the best for me.

In the public: yeah. Practicly always happy-looking, sincere, joking around. It's not that I pretent, it's an automatic reaction, I simply cannot remain sad-looking when I'm at school or with people who are not my friends.

It's a wierd think... I feel kind of insecure meeting new people but I like others' attention and making them willing to meet me. There are also many people on my 'want-meet list'
    INFp(INTp)
    "I like persons better than principles, and I like persons with no principles better than anything else in the world"

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Loud laughter in companies? Not really. Exciting jubilant atmosphere? No and I don't seek to create it.

Being in groups? No, groups of two--me and one other person or with another couple and my husband.

Generally not smiling until I see a friend. I don't seek to give off positive emotions but when I'm feeling really happy I probably have a hard time hiding it.

Seeking attention? Not consciously. I DO like attention from those I'm close to but I'm indifferent to attention from those I'm not close to.

(sorry--I haven't figured out how to break up the quotes yet so I just put my answers all together)
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron
    (sorry--I haven't figured out how to break up the quotes yet so I just put my answers all together)
    you'd have to do it manually by inserting code where appropriate. [ quote="name" ] at the beginning of each quoted section and [ /quote ] at the end of each quoted section. Usually copy-paste is the easiest way to do it. Oh, and don't forget to use "preview" button when you just start adding code manually. Even extra spaces within the code ruin it - this is why you can see the code written down in this paragraph.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A) Do you guys like loud laughter in companies? Do you like an exciting, jubilant atmosphere and seek to create this.
    Well I wouldn't say that I liek a loud laughter but I do try to break the ice.

Either one for me.

Yeah I try look as friendly as posible so I will smile a lot.

I can say that I am attention seeking but I hate attention unless I want it/ ask for it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The thing to look at is that typse are known to be either scientific, pragmatic, social, etc.

im an NF, but classified as pragmatic. To me most of the behaviors you're describing belong both generally to SPs or relationships where SPs are dualizing or in the Gamma quadrant. One website likens Gammas to be like the "dominion," in star treck who seek approval and to be popular first and foremost and that is their nature in my experience.

lefty,
    enfj
    4w5

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah definitely; I also sell drugs, and steal candies from children.

I can't stand one-on-one, I only go one-on-one when I want to fuck a girl.

No way. Only negative emotions from me, baby.

Yeah, I couldn't care less about what people close to me like, I only care about acquaintances and making a good impression.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kristiina
    I enjoy a group more than one to one socializing. In a group I can observe when I want to, but when it's just me and another person, I have to either talk or listen. And somehow I feel sorry when I say something that's brilliant, but only one person hears it, and she doesn't even apprechiate it properly because she's too busy listening and nodding. Or even when I'm talking with an ISTj IRL, I end up trying too hard to create an atmosphere for a group of two. It takes so much energy, but it's difficult not to try. And I can't hold the Fe energy for long. Only 30-60 min. After that I act tired like it's early morning and I have just woken up. Besides, I often feel like me and the other person have to talk about something important, so that there is any point in having the conversation in the first place. But how many "important" topics can you come up with.
    Kristiina though it is not quite the subject of this thread I have read what you have written above with quite a lot of interest and it sounds to me like creating an atmosphere is not something that you naturally do, it seems like you try hard and work at it somehow rather than it being a part of your nature that just flows "organically". I always thought that (assuming that has anything to do with generating atmosphere etc) people became rather energized and almost inspired by the use of their first function and not sort of tired and de-energized by using it. Am I wrong about this?
    I think I associate the feeling of becoming tired after using a function for only a short time with the use of the weaker functions or even the 7th or 8th function.

Attention-seeking and terrified of attention. "look at me, look at me.... they are looking at me *FREAK OUT*, stop looking at me, so I can stop trembling.".

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I enjoy a group more than one to one socializing. In a group I can observe when I want to, but when it's just me and another person, I have to either talk or listen. And somehow I feel sorry when I say something that's brilliant, but only one person hears it, and she doesn't even appreciate it properly because she's too busy listening and nodding. Or even when I'm talking with an ISTj IRL, I end up trying too hard to create an atmosphere for a group of two. It takes so much energy, but it's difficult not to try. And I can't hold the Fe energy for long. Only 30-60 min. After that I act tired like it's early morning and I have just woken up. Besides, I often feel like me and the other person have to talk about something important, so that there is any point in having the conversation in the first place. But how many "important" topics can you come up with.
    Kristiina though it is not quite the subject of this thread I have read what you have written above with quite a lot of interest and it sounds to me like creating an atmosphere is not something that you naturally do, it seems like you try hard and work at it somehow rather than it being a part of your nature that just flows "organically". I always thought that (assuming that has anything to do with generating atmosphere etc) people became rather energized and almost inspired by the use of their first function and not sort of tired and de-energized by using it. Am I wrong about this?
    I think I associate the feeling of becoming tired after using a function for only a short time with the use of the weaker functions or even the 7th or 8th function.
    I agree with you in theory. This is what I thought - creating the atmosphere should be so easy that I don't even think about it and I should never get tired of doing it. This is why it took so long for me to type myself as dominant. But in this case it's the lesser of two evils - I'm not good at Fe, but I'm even worse at Fi. I become even less energized when I'm forced to be in / mode for any longer than necessary. The only explanation I can give is that is more about expressing every nuance of your real emotion rather than just creating the atmosphere. The atmosphere is the extra bonus. I could expressively voice my opinions for hours in a row if someone was there taking interest in it. But I get tired when I start looking for topics. The ISTj laughs and agrees and it's end of topic. I make a few more comments and the energy continues, but then she laughs and agrees, and the topic really dies. Now I need to find a new topic while avoiding the phrase "how about that weather". When we were sitting outside drinking cider, I think I actually made at least 5 temperature-related comments to fill the silence. Eventually it was still much more comfortable than it would have been with other types.

Expressing my emotions is very difficult to do in a way that it gives out the right emotional vibe. It is not something that can come naturally. The reaction that others give depends on your voice, body language, words, how fast you speak, who you look at when you talk, etc. There are too many conditionals. And how to control your own body language? Predicting the group's reaction to even the simplest of comments took years for me to learn and I still doubt my skills in the company of strangers. I'm shy around people who don't already have a clear opinion of me as a person and whose reactions are still unknown to me.

E3 (probably 3w4)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No to all of them. First: I can't stand loud company. I quickly excuse myself from such groups. Nice and moderate, comfortable and mellow is the way to go for me. Second: I much, much, much prefer one to one interaction. As the number of people gets larger and larger I become quieter and quieter. People have actually noted this, that to interact with me it's best to do it one on one. Third: People often approach me when I'm sitting down alone with a "what's wrong?" question. Fourth: I am an anti attention grabbing person. I literally have to be totally in control of that so that if I like I can make the person completely remove their attention from me so that I can be disappear. If I didn't have that I could potentially get stalkers and lose my privacy. My privacy is sacred.

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I enjoy a group more than one to one socializing. In a group I can observe when I want to, but when it's just me and another person, I have to either talk or listen. And somehow I feel sorry when I say something that's brilliant, but only one person hears it, and she doesn't even appreciate it properly because she's too busy listening and nodding. Or even when I'm talking with an ISTj IRL, I end up trying too hard to create an atmosphere for a group of two. It takes so much energy, but it's difficult not to try. And I can't hold the Fe energy for long. Only 30-60 min. After that I act tired like it's early morning and I have just woken up. Besides, I often feel like me and the other person have to talk about something important, so that there is any point in having the conversation in the first place. But how many "important" topics can you come up with.
    I agree with you in theory. This is what I thought - creating the atmosphere should be so easy that I don't even think about it and I should never get tired of doing it. This is why it took so long for me to type myself as dominant. But in this case it's the lesser of two evils - I'm not good at Fe, but I'm even worse at Fi. I become even less energized when I'm forced to be in / mode for any longer than necessary. The only explanation I can give is that is more about expressing every nuance of your real emotion rather than just creating the atmosphere. The atmosphere is the extra bonus. I could expressively voice my opinions for hours in a row if someone was there taking interest in it. But I get tired when I start looking for topics. The ISTj laughs and agrees and it's end of topic. I make a few more comments and the energy continues, but then she laughs and agrees, and the topic really dies. Now I need to find a new topic while avoiding the phrase "how about that weather". When we were sitting outside drinking cider, I think I actually made at least 5 temperature-related comments to fill the silence. Eventually it was still much more comfortable than it would have been with other types.

Expressing my emotions is very difficult to do in a way that it gives out the right emotional vibe. It is not something that can come naturally
    . The reaction that others give depends on your voice, body language, words, how fast you speak, who you look at when you talk, etc. There are too many conditionals. And how to control your own body language? Predicting the group's reaction to even the simplest of comments took years for me to learn and I still doubt my skills in the company of strangers. I'm shy around people who don't already have a clear opinion of me as a person and whose reactions are still unknown to me.

Wow this is strange, Kriistina ... I don't relate to any of this. It sounds a little too analytical and foreign for some reason, like you do think about more than what should be? Oh, importantly: What do you think this supposed / mode is that you are so bad at? I dunno myself what that looks like. I only know what comes naturally to me ... I create POSITIVE emotional atmosphere with anyone, especially strangers in school ... classmates, etc. It's just all fun and games for me most of the time and not tedious at all. However, if they DON'T respond to it with smiling, expression of their own emotions ... well, I pretty much shut down. I can't stand a blank face like that. I need feedback of some sort to continue. I guess that fits with your expressing your opinions and such.

It's weird to me how you describe your interaction with LSIs ... it seems forced. When I am with LSIs or even LIIs, it is really natural. There is always something to talk about, the most random of things. I never think about what I am saying unlike with some other types. I know you say other types would be even more awkward with you, but the way you talk about looking for topics sounds unnatural at least to me. I don't look for topics, they just come up and keep going and going and going ...

That entire part I bolded is so foreign to me. ??? I never try to predict reactions (but I do seem to know them beforehand) I think influencing peoples' emotions is very easy ... I can think to myself : Okay, I want to cheer this person up, make them really like me, be extremely charming. Or I can do the opposite, bring their day down... I thought this was control of

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, I like loud laughter, but as agreed with the others about only liking it when in a group I personally am comfortable in (obviously!) I really like exciting, jubilant atmospheres yes, and I do seek to create a positive emotional atmosphere. Then again, I like staying true to your emotions and what you are really feeling, so I seek to express my negative emotions just as much if I am feeling bad. I can become dramatic in these instances.

Mm, not really. Well, in certain situations, groups are great because there is so much energy and everyone is having fun (hopefully!) I like when a group is entirely sort of one-minded, focused on a particular mood/goal/whatever and that gives a feeling of unity ... I think this unity thing is very Beta. However, with my friends I generally prefer a smaller group cause then you can really speak your mind and listen to what others say. A balance is good, I like one on one with people I am interested in obviously ... significant other, etc.

Yes, especially in school, I always try to make people feel welcomed with a big smile and lots of questions ... but other times in public, I can have a poker face like Herzy described. I don't like being in a place where I don't know anyone and have no friends. When friends are present, I can do a 180.

Sort of in some situations ... I want recognition for talents, achievements, etc. But I don't go out of my way everyday for people to look at me! I don't want unnecessary attention from strangers. I love attention from those that I VALUE.

Johari
    Nohari

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A) well, amongst my friends, i'd say i tend to provide a huge chunk of the laughter. when confronted with buttoned-up individuals, i'm inclined to exaggerate this knowing that it will aggravate them. i really enjoy a fast paced, Fe atmosphere, yes. when in a toned down environment or when i'm simply ignored, i withdraw and feel dead. it's like i get my wings clipped or something.

B) it depends. if everyone is on the same page and no one takes themselves seriously then yes, i'll prefer the group. but, if certain things can only be accomplished with one individual then i'll definitely prefer a one-on-one interaction.

C) again, it depends. it depends on who i'm with and how they make me feel. i try to be respectful with everybody i meet just as long as they reciprocate it. but i'm not a very emotionally expressive person. i'm like a genie in a bottle: first you gotta rub me to see all the magic that's inside.

D) definitely. but i don't like attracting the attention of people who might possess some sort of social advantage over me. i don't like it when people know too much about me. i don't mind them admiring the image they have of me, but only a select few are allowed to witness the real me. and they're not necessarily family members. attention to me is like a rush of adrenaline. it's like riding a tiger.

hope this helped.
    IEI - the nasty kind...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux
    It sounds a little too analytical and foreign for some reason, like you do think about more than what should be? Oh, importantly: What do you think this supposed / mode is that you are so bad at?
    I think Little Red Riding Hood answered it quite well:

Quote Originally Posted by little red riding hood
    i really enjoy a fast paced, Fe atmosphere, yes. when in a toned down environment or when i'm simply ignored, i withdraw and feel dead. it's like i get my wings clipped or something.
    / is the toned-down environment where everything is very calm and quiet and I just lose energy. Sometimes I even think I'm INFp, but I really can't be. When I'm in totally free environment with no social obligations (close friends), I start behaving very ENFj. I push and pull people, I organize things, I micromanage, I initiate conversations one after another, I get victim-like behavior moments ("Hey, they are saying I don't sound ENFj, but I am ENFj, right? Tell me I'm ENFj").

I'm not sure why doesn't come naturally. I could say it's because there wasn't enough Fe interatiction when I was young, but I have ESTp and ENTp brothers, I have INFp and ISFp sisters and I have an ISFp mother. That should be enough by all standards. (*edit*) Lately I've got the need to create and recieve . I've also started to have ENFj relationship patterns and behavior. Scarlettlux, you sound a lot more like a classic ENFj than I do.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It sounds a little too analytical and foreign for some reason, like you do think about more than what should be? Oh, importantly: What do you think this supposed / mode is that you are so bad at?
    I think Little Red Riding Hood answered it quite well:

Quote Originally Posted by little red riding hood
    i really enjoy a fast paced, Fe atmosphere, yes. when in a toned down environment or when i'm simply ignored, i withdraw and feel dead. it's like i get my wings clipped or something.
    / is the toned-down environment where everything is very calm and quiet and I just lose energy. Sometimes I even think I'm INFp, but I really can't be. When I'm in totally free environment with no social obligations (close friends), I start behaving very ENFj. I push and pull people, I organize things, I micromanage, I initiate conversations one after another, I get victim-like behavior moments ("Hey, they are saying I don't sound ENFj, but I am ENFj, right? Tell me I'm ENFj").

I'm not sure why doesn't come naturally. I could say it's because there wasn't enough Fe interatiction when I was young, but I have ESTp and ENTp brothers, I have INFp and ISFp sisters and I have an ISFp mother. That should be enough by all standards. (*edit*) Lately I've got the need to create and recieve . I've also started to have ENFj relationship patterns and behavior. Scarlettlux, you sound a lot more like a classic ENFj than I do.
    Ah, I get that ... yes, I hate toned-down when it feels forced. It's not like I'm super loud all the time though That would just be kinda cuh-razeh. I feel a little crazy myself, holy hell, 6 hours of non-stop studying for three huge tests on Wednesday ... why the hell do they do this to me ... anyway, I digress.

That is definitely what makes me think I am an EIE - my behaviour in said "free" environments is TOTALLY EIE and not even Fe-INFp. It is way too similar to what you describe - the pushing, pulling, major spewages all over the place, smiley, positive, etc. I organize + micromanage too! I feel like I never really relax or calm down, especially with the recent example of my massive amts. of homework ... last year of high school is very crucial - I don't know anyone with as great a work ethic as me Is this Role ??? I always am thinking ahead how to plan things, how to manage my time properly (TIME IS VERY IMPORTANT TO ME!) ... this seems to point totally against dominant because IEIs I know are so much more chill than me ... I am also seeing a ton of Negativist in myself. I always focus on what could go wrong ... Anyway yeah, I initiate convos after the other too.

Plus reading Hamlet ... well, let's just say Hamlet is me if I were a male in those ages hehehe.

I am a whore. For sure. I love LIIs and LSIs for providing that. BTW, have you noticed Fe-Ti interaction as being one of constant laughter and such? This is how I perceive it ... when I am with an LII or LSI, I say anything I want to basically and we always end up laughing at inane little things, anything ... very positive, jovial and loud atmosphere is created. Do you have that? Whoa, and you totally described my Victim-like behaviour perfectly too!

I am more sure of myself being EIE as of late.

Johari
    Nohari

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i didn't read many of the replies, but i'd like to add that i haven't observed lots of 'team spirit' in beta types. but what i do regularly observe is that they have a group and there is always a dominant person in the group(expat has mentioned this before). beta types appreciate social orde. the most dominant type will be the leader of the group and will usually direct action.
    asd

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by heath
    i didn't read many of the replies, but i'd like to add that i haven't observed lots of 'team spirit' in beta types. but what i do regularly observe is that they have a group and there is always a dominant person in the group(expat has mentioned this before). beta types appreciate social orde. the most dominant type will be the leader of the group and will usually direct action.
    Absolutely. That whole post is correct IME. Beta NFs, ENFj particularly, like the idea of team spirit. But ISTjs -- not at all. They just always strive to work towards that leader position.

Off the cuff remarks:
    [spoil:2faaa1c50e]And generally speaking, their team spirit is incredibly lacking, unless you are on their "inner circle". Even then it is basically "Let me do this, and when I tell you to, suck my dick or bend over".

I assume that appeals to the NFs because they don't do anything well without someone hovering over them.[/spoil:2faaa1c50e]

Official remarks:

Being delta, I particularly do not find much team spirit at all coming from the beta STs. The NFs kind of just migrate and in their victim way try to instigate things, but it is of no real substance - they only seem to go so far as other people are willing to take them.

Alpha's have good team spirit when they are in a productive mood
    Betas seem to just be about hierarchy, and almost a lack of concern for Te and actually getting somewhere.
    Gammas are generally great to work with so long as there are no major Fi problems
    Deltas are probably my favorite blend of Te and Si appreciation
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Courage
    Absolutely. That whole post is correct IME. Beta NFs, ENFj particularly, like the idea of team spirit. But ISTjs -- not at all. They just always strive to work towards that leader position.
    Actually I don't work towards it at all. I much prefer there to be a social extrovert who'll throw ideas, suggest places etc. I'll sometimes veto a few things but that's it.
    If there isn't then sometimes it falls to me to move people, but it's tiring.
    LSI

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Courage, STFU, go do your little gay dance somewhere else. Beta NFs don't need someone hovering to get things done, and betas aren't about hierarchy without getting anywhere. In your case ONLY I'll agree with the slogan: deltas get out of beta section!
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Scarlettlux, it could be role. I try to seem very very responsible. It makes me more responsible than most people are, but I tend to exaggerate my abilities when it comes to the amount of work I'm able to do. "Yes I will try to read those articles by the end of the week". Responsible people would read those articles, but I forget that I have a ton of work already planned. Then I'll try to get everything done and then I work too hard and my PoLR kicks in. I suspect dominants would not study 6 hours in a row, no matter how important the tests are.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by slacker girls
    OMG 6 hours in a row
    :-PPPPPPPPPPP
    I have problems with that, but many people who study medicine over here do that every day for most of the year, some even more. And pretty much everybody does that the last few days before every exam.
    LSI

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PotatoSpirit
    Quote Originally Posted by slacker girls
    OMG 6 hours in a row
    :-PPPPPPPPPPP
    I have problems with that, but many people who study medicine over here do that every day for most of the year, some even more. And pretty much everybody does that the last few days before every exam.
    lol. Well, people who study medicine are half-robots anyway. Or at least the medicine students here. Coffee-fuelled robots who keep studying until they malfunction. Then they go drinking and clubbing, sleep it off and start studying again.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

TIM
    EIE Ni
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My INFp friends and I are the most obnoxious people you will ever meet. We are always louder than everyone else near us wherever we go.

I think that big groups are better use for joking and fun, but at the end I have serious conversations to only a couple of people at a time.

I pretty much seem happy despite the fact that have thta unexplainable sadness on the inside because I really do enjoy being depressed. yeah I know I'm weird.

I guess I do like attention even though I'm very self-concious.
    ENFj Ni subtype 3w4
    "And once you lose your way you have two choices. Find the person you used to be or lose that person completely"
    formerly onetreehilluver

TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Scarlettlux, it could be role. I try to seem very very responsible. It makes me more responsible than most people are, but I tend to exaggerate my abilities when it comes to the amount of work I'm able to do. "Yes I will try to read those articles by the end of the week". Responsible people would read those articles, but I forget that I have a ton of work already planned. Then I'll try to get everything done and then I work too hard and my PoLR kicks in. I suspect dominants would not study 6 hours in a row, no matter how important the tests are.
    Yes, I totally exaggerate this as well. Actually, I just exaggerate everything. I'm in a constant state of high energy/activity ... do you find it hard to slow down? It's not like I don't LIKE to slow down either ... I find it so relaxing when I can finally say, I've done all my work and now I can be calm... man, it's such a rare feeling.

Anyway ... LOL @ your comment to UDP. Sorry UDP, I think too that your comments are totally off-base here... LSIs don't do any of that negative stuff you mentioned, I am not sure where you're getting all this hatred for Se-creatives from as you put it ... um, it's kind of weird...

Defending the Dual here.

Johari
    Nohari

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alas, my remark was not really legitimate or productive. Recently I have been around some LSIs I would classify as counterproductive to the organization's purposes, but they are hard workers in general, and I respect them for that.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, I totally exaggerate this as well. Actually, I just exaggerate everything. I'm in a constant state of high energy/activity ... do you find it hard to slow down? It's not like I don't LIKE to slow down either ... I find it so relaxing when I can finally say, I've done all my work and now I can be calm... man, it's such a rare feeling.
    I find it near impossible to slow down when I've set my mind to getting something done. There's always "one more chapter to study", "one more page to read". I push myself until I finish the entire task and I'll relax for a day, but then I set a new goal for myself and then I start pushing myself again. The constant feeling that says I haven't done enough, because it would have been physically possible to do even more. And I haven't done enough if someone else managed to do even more under the same circumstances. Do you also always have a tough goal that's difficult to reach?

Sometimes many projects end at the same time and suddenly there is a time to rest and enjoy what you've accomplished. You know the self-praise feeling where everything's relaxing and you don't push yourself anymore because you did everything and you succeeded. How long can you stay in that phase before you start stressing about random things that you should do "at some time in the future".
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I completely agree (not for myself but my 3 best friends who are ENFj, ESTp, and INTj) If everyone isn't happy (or at least pretending to be) the ENFj gives a guilt trip and starts freaking out and then the person with the problem needs to readjust and then everything is back to normal.

One interesting group interaction we had yesterday was when we were deciding on a group costume idea for halloween and the ESTp although she wasn't crazy about our idea said she'd do it anyway (the birds and the bees- 2 birds, 2 bees; how cute is that!?!?!) I guess that goes along with the group cohesiveness.
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i've done it. but to limited success. my threshold of studying is about 3 hours. then i have to break for at least 30 minutes, but after that i'm good again. switching subjects helps. good luck with those articles.
    asd

TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i've done it. but to limited success. my threshold of studying is about 3 hours. then i have to break for at least 30 minutes, but after that i'm good again. switching subjects helps. good luck with those articles.
    Yeah, I didn't mean I actually studied STRAIGHT WITHOUT A BREAK for 6 hours ... I did have two subjects to study for ... I probably went for like 3-4hours straight (4 is my limit) and then switched the remaining to my other subject. =D It definitely paid off.. I am very proud of myself.

I love that feeling of accomplishment. I agree with you Kriistina, when you say that you feel like you can only break/relax for so long before you must have another goal to reach. It's so true for me as well - I feel like I should be doing something when I am lazing around .. it doesn't seem right ... today I had a day off after school with no work because the next two days are basically no school days due to certain curricular reasons. Still, I began to feel guilty even for taking this much deserved break! The back of my mind always thinks about what I have to do NEXT, what I must plan .. etc. The present moment is very hard for me to focus on ... I wish I could do that... but then again, I don't see that as important as thinking ahead for the future. BTW, do you like the character of Hamlet? I'm almost done reading it, it's the best of all the Shakespearean plays we've studied in high school so far... best for the last year, and most difficult/complex ... but so beautiful. I see myself and my flaws in Hamlet

Johari
    Nohari

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

but many people who study medicine over here do that every day for most of the year
    I call them inefficient busybody life wasters but you might disagree? (not exclusively med students)

(ps. negativists are better at forcing themselves to study. I don't know the motivations but I've observed it and it's widespread. Positivists are better at oral examinations though)
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    but many people who study medicine over here do that every day for most of the year
    I call them inefficient busybody life wasters but you might disagree? (not exclusively med students)
    No I agree, but I can't really blame them. Actually I respect them, but I wonder what they'll think of their university times when they are old.
    LSI

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I didn't mean I actually studied STRAIGHT WITHOUT A BREAK for 6 hours ... I did have two subjects to study for ... I probably went for like 3-4hours straight (4 is my limit) and then switched the remaining to my other subject. =D It definitely paid off.. I am very proud of myself.

I love that feeling of accomplishment. I agree with you Kriistina, when you say that you feel like you can only break/relax for so long before you must have another goal to reach. It's so true for me as well - I feel like I should be doing something when I am lazing around .. it doesn't seem right ... today I had a day off after school with no work because the next two days are basically no school days due to certain curricular reasons. Still, I began to feel guilty even for taking this much deserved break! The back of my mind always thinks about what I have to do NEXT, what I must plan .. etc. The present moment is very hard for me to focus on ... I wish I could do that... but then again, I don't see that as important as thinking ahead for the future. BTW, do you like the character of Hamlet? I'm almost done reading it, it's the best of all the Shakespearean plays we've studied in high school so far... best for the last year, and most difficult/complex ... but so beautiful. I see myself and my flaws in Hamlet
    I think I read it a few years ago (along with other obligatory literature), but I barely remember any of it. You're making me want to read it again.

BTW, I'm home with fever and other bad illness symptoms and I'm kinda happy about it. It's the best excuse to stop pushing myself for a few days. I SHOULD'T be doing anything, it's not a bad thing if I get nothing done. Yay!
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Creepy-bg

weird... there's something going around the globe I think through this forum. First Joy was sick, then Diana, then me, now Kristiina. Somebody needs to disinfect this place