Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Work out your type using this

ENTp

This is the most accurate description of my personality:
    They seek to study and explain complex things or phenomena where there are no clear concepts or logical theories. They compare and find the connections between various systems and structures. They analyze a problem from several angles. They explain in which cases something will work. If they find certain observations or factors interesting, they will include them in their own theory. They try to find a general explanation for various phenomena. It is important for them to find the cause and effect connections between the various parts and the whole of something.

This describes the complete opposite of my personality:
    In terms of their behavior, they do not adapt to people, but instead would act as they normally would. They are capable of standing up for themselves and for their family. They do not use force on people unreasonably. Their repulsion is always proportional to the aggression shown by others. If a person is doing wrong, they steadily increase the pressure for him to stop his wrongdoing. They will not lessen the pressure until there is a reduction in the fighting spirit of the wrongdoing person. Moral victory is more important to them than physical victory. It is not possible to intimidate or provoke them.

If I was going to live with a person, I would ideally like them to be like this:
    They understand the reasons for people’s emotions. They know how to cheer up a person. When they are having an informal conversation, they are always friendly and show optimism. They like to have fun when they are with close friends. They try to amuse people with jokes. They are focused on ways of achieving positive emotions. They keep away from and do not interfere in disputes and conflicts since they want to live in peace with everyone. They gather and share sensational things they have found out with friends and family.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ISFp

They understand the reasons for people’s emotions. They know how to cheer up a person. When they are having an informal conversation, they are always friendly and show optimism. They like to have fun when they are with close friends. They try to amuse people with jokes. They are focused on ways of achieving positive emotions. They keep away from and do not interfere in disputes and conflicts since they want to live in peace with everyone. They gather and share sensational things they have found out with friends and family.

They rely on intuition and are not afraid to take risks. They always work ahead of time, as they know that tomorrow, it will be late to do what needs to be done. They constantly analyze past events, taking lessons from them for the future. They try to find basic laws that govern destiny. Unusual, mysterious phenomena interest them. They try to prove them by using logic.

If I was going to live with a person, I would ideally like them to be like this:
    They seek to study and explain complex things or phenomena where there are no clear concepts or logical theories. They compare and find the connections between various systems and structures. They analyze a problem from several angles. They explain in which cases something will work. If they find certain observations or factors interesting, they will include them in their own theory. They try to find a general explanation for various phenomena. It is important for them to find the cause and effect connections between the various parts and the whole of something.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

INTj

They attempt to improve any theory or development. Various possibilities do not escape from their attention. They have the ability to generate ideas and brainstorm. They think very independently. Having understood a problem, they put forward new solutions. Ideas intuitively come to them. Logic is only a way for them to formulate intuitively obtained information. They are capable of dismantling complex and unclear problems. They will intuitively find the hidden interrelations. A lack of information will be replaced with imagination. They increasingly and more deeply penetrate something they are studying/researching.

They perfectly understand relationships that develop between people. They know how to say to people what they want to hear from them. They do not hurry to carry out their promises, if they do not feel a special need in it. They balance between the interests of people that are in opposition to each other, successfully conducting negotiations. If it is in their interest, they will easily form friendship with a former enemy. They know how to fix relations. They dislike people getting too close to them since they feel this would impose specific obligations upon them. They easily make friends and they feel more confident in large company than alone and in everyday conditions.

They are very thoughtful with respect to those that are close to them. They are attentive to people. They are a guardian to those that are ill or impractical. They understand what assistance people need. They do not help people simply for the sake of having a good relationship with someone. They receive guests with pleasure. They love celebratory meals and entertainments. They are practical in their private life. They know how to create coziness. They get rid of excess things, which they sell or simply give away. They have excellent aesthetic taste.

ESFj

They are very thoughtful with respect to those that are close to them. They are attentive to people. They are a guardian to those that are ill or impractical. They understand what assistance people need. They do not help people simply for the sake of having a good relationship with someone. They receive guests with pleasure. They love celebratory meals and entertainments. They are practical in their private life. They know how to create coziness. They get rid of excess things, which they sell or simply give away. They have excellent aesthetic taste.

In their mind they check the logic of their actions and the expenditure of resources. They consider what is useful and what is useless. They aim to find the shortest and most advantageous route to their goal. They are economical in the spending of their money. They are able to save up their money. They constantly check their income. They look for places and methods of investing their money. Before they begin work, they collect all relevant information of the current moment. When doing work, they concentrate their efforts on creating steady structures. They track the current state of affairs in their field of interest and they are able to use their saved up information to their benefit. They turn their attention to the changes in the market for goods and services. They keep archives.

They attempt to improve any theory or development. Various possibilities do not escape from their attention. They have the ability to generate ideas and brainstorm. They think very independently. Having understood a problem, they put forward new solutions. Ideas intuitively come to them. Logic is only a way for them to formulate intuitively obtained information. They are capable of dismantling complex and unclear problems. They will intuitively find the hidden interrelations. A lack of information will be replaced with imagination. They increasingly and more deeply penetrate something they are studying/researching.

ESTp

They consider all plans of action, choosing the one that is most logical in a given situation. They know how to group people for achieving a specific goal. Under their command, they allocate to each person their precise position. They confidently coordinate the actions of these people. They only check over the main things rather than look into the details. They are interested in the result rather than the process. They have trouble dealing with non-standard, illogical situations.

They possess the talent of an educator since they know how to reveal the abilities of people. They address children as they would adults. They encourage independence and other qualities in children, necessary for an adult life. They greatly value a friendly exchange of opinions, which creates an atmosphere of trust and respect for the position of the other person. They support mutual understanding within a group of people they are involved with. People turn to them for advice with regards to their hopes and fears. They are drawn towards new and unusual things. They love self-educations. They try to find the interrelations between various studies and theories, as a rule, regarding things of a spiritual-humanitarian nature.

They understand the rules that govern the emotional life of people. They find the moment when a person is in a good mood to make a request that would be difficult for that person to deny. They love humor and joke around. They are a peaceful person. They are internally anxious. They hide their agitation and poor mood behind a soft smile.

INFp

They understand the rules that govern the emotional life of people. They find the moment when a person is in a good mood to make a request that would be difficult for that person to deny. They love humor and joke around. They are a peaceful person. They are internally anxious. They hide their agitation and poor mood behind a soft smile.

They ensure comfortable living conditions for their family. They rest as much as they work. They love celebratory meals and plenty of food. They tastefully prepare food. They give gifts and surprises with pleasure. It is important to them to find the reasons for a poor state of health. They appear to be neat. They prefer a strict business or classic style of clothing. They never wear a new piece of clothing straight away. They give special attention to the cleanliness of footwear.

They consider all plans of action, choosing the one that is most logical in a given situation. They know how to group people for achieving a specific goal. Under their command, they allocate to each person their precise position. They confidently coordinate the actions of these people. They only check over the main things rather than look into the details. They are interested in the result rather than the process. They have trouble dealing with non-standard, illogical situations.

ISTj

They are a realist. They only set goals for themselves that are capable of being carried out with what is at hand and in the circumstances as they are. Therefore, they are able to achieve their goals in the majority of cases, perhaps not immediately. They use force if explaining things to people or giving warnings to them about something doesn’t work. They are able to pressure a person into submission. They are a restrained type of person. They are able to push themselves to do those things they find uninteresting, but are nevertheless necessary. They help those that are weak and defenseless. They are a guardian to those that are old or ill.

They understand personal relationships. The reasons for complications and conflicts in love and friendship are clear to them. It is easier for them to maintain steady relationships than to restore relationships that have broken down. They are charming and sociable. They will build a relationship with a person if they find them interesting. They know what distance to keep when communicating with a person, although they do not always maintain that distance. They know what needs to be done in order for there to be a positive atmosphere among a group of people. They advise people on how to communicate with other people.

They understand the development of a situation over time well. They are prepared for alarming situations in advance, and think of the fall back positions. They warn people about danger threatening to them. It is difficult for them to make an important decision. But after a decision is made they no longer think over it. Their point of view can change to something totally opposite to their previous viewpoint over a course of time. Internally, they are very inconsistent and contradictory. They indentify deceptiveness and inconsistencies between the words and actions of people. They are usually interested in themes to do with fate and other mysterious phenomena. They like to reflect on the meaning of life, the past and the present. They consider all problems from a global, philosophical point of view.

ENFj

They understand the development of a situation over time well. They are prepared for alarming situations in advance, and think of the fall back positions. They warn people about danger threatening to them. It is difficult for them to make an important decision. But after a decision is made they no longer think over it. Their point of view can change to something totally opposite to their previous viewpoint over a course of time. Internally, they are very inconsistent and contradictory. They indentify deceptiveness and inconsistencies between the words and actions of people. They are usually interested in themes to do with fate and other mysterious phenomena. They like to reflect on the meaning of life, the past and the present. They consider all problems from a global, philosophical point of view.

They work well with their hands. They are willing to repair things rather than throw them away. They have a technological type of mind. They find simple, but effective methods for resolving work matters. Before undertaking a matter, they think of the various ways in which they can achieve their goal, and then they choose the way that is most economical. They notice those people that avoid doing work. They think about how to make them do work. They will only do things that are strictly necessary. They skillfully manage tools and technical adaptations. They persistently improve themselves in an activity they have chosen. They hope for a quick result out of the rational organization of labor.

They are a realist. They only set goals for themselves that are capable of being carried out with what is at hand and in the circumstances as they are. Therefore, they are able to achieve their goals in the majority of cases, perhaps not immediately. They use force if explaining things to people or giving warnings to them about something doesn’t work. They are able to pressure a person into submission. They are a restrained type of person. They are able to push themselves to do those things they find uninteresting, but are nevertheless necessary. They help those that are weak and defenseless. They are a guardian to those that are old or ill.

ESFp

They perfectly understand relationships that develop between people. They know how to say to people what they want to hear from them. They do not hurry to carry out their promises, if they do not feel a special need in it. They balance between the interests of people that are in opposition to each other, successfully conducting negotiations. If it is in their interest, they will easily form friendship with a former enemy. They know how to fix relations. They dislike people getting too close to them since they feel this would impose specific obligations upon them. They easily make friends and they feel more confident in large company than alone and in everyday conditions.

In their mind they check the logic of their actions and the expenditure of resources. They consider what is useful and what is useless. They aim to find the shortest and most advantageous route to their goal. They are economical in the spending of their money. They are able to save up their money. They constantly check their income. They look for places and methods of investing their money. Before they begin work, they collect all relevant information of the current moment. When doing work, they concentrate their efforts on creating steady structures. They track the current state of affairs in their field of interest and they are able to use their saved up information to their benefit. They turn their attention to the changes in the market for goods and services. They keep archives.

INTp

ISFj

In terms of their behavior, they do not adapt to people, but instead would act as they normally would. They are capable of standing up for themselves and for their family. They do not use force on people unreasonably. Their repulsion is always proportional to the aggression shown by others. If a person is doing wrong, they steadily increase the pressure for him to stop his wrongdoing. They will not lessen the pressure until there is a reduction in the fighting spirit of the wrongdoing person. Moral victory is more important to them than physical victory. It is not possible to intimidate or provoke them.

They rely on intuition and are not afraid to take risks. They always work ahead of time, as they know that tomorrow, it will be late to do what needs to be done. They constantly analyze past events, taking lessons from them for the future. They try to find basic laws that govern destiny. Unusual, mysterious phenomena interest them. They try to prove them by using logic.

ENTj

ENFp

They understand personal relationships. The reasons for complications and conflicts in love and friendship are clear to them. It is easier for them to maintain steady relationships than to restore relationships that have broken down. They are charming and sociable. They will build a relationship with a person if they find them interesting. They know what distance to keep when communicating with a person, although they do not always maintain that distance. They know what needs to be done in order for there to be a positive atmosphere among a group of people. They advise people on how to communicate with other people.

They work well with their hands. They are willing to repair things rather than throw them away. They have a technological type of mind. They find simple, but effective methods for resolving work matters. Before undertaking a matter, they think of the various ways in which they can achieve their goal, and then they choose the way that is most economical. They notice those people that avoid doing work. They think about how to make them do work. They will only do things that are strictly necessary. They skillfully manage tools and technical adaptations. They persistently improve themselves in an activity they have chosen. They hope for a quick result out of the rational organization of labor.

ISTp

INFj

They possess the talent of an educator since they know how to reveal the abilities of people. They address children as they would adults. They encourage independence and other qualities in children, necessary for an adult life. They greatly value a friendly exchange of opinions, which creates an atmosphere of trust and respect for the position of the other person. They support mutual understanding within a group of people they are involved with. People turn to them for advice with regards to their hopes and fears. They are drawn towards new and unusual things. They love self-educations. They try to find the interrelations between various studies and theories, as a rule, regarding things of a spiritual-humanitarian nature.

They ensure comfortable living conditions for their family. They rest as much as they work. They love celebratory meals and plenty of food. They tastefully prepare food. They give gifts and surprises with pleasure. It is important to them to find the reasons for a poor state of health. They appear to be neat. They prefer a strict business or classic style of clothing. They never wear a new piece of clothing straight away. They give special attention to the cleanliness of footwear.

ESTj

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESTj:

I don't rest as much as I work, and I don't love celebratory meals. I like good food and working good. It sounds a lot more like an ESFj than it ought to.
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Courage
    ESTj:

I don't rest as much as I work, and I don't love celebratory meals. I like good food and working good. It sounds a lot more like an ESFj than it ought to.
    So which of the 16 above fits you the most?

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

None of them are particularly appealing. If you combined ESTp with ESTj, then that might sound better. The one you have makes ESTjs sound like old women basically.

I agree with the second half more so. The first half is applicable, but, it does not sound like it is getting at the LSE's good qualities much.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ah, nevermind

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENTp fit me pretty well.

Seems like a good test to me.
    delta nf (?) ... 4w5 (?)

TIM
    SEE-Se
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dee
    enfj .8
    enfp .7
    entp .55
    infp .5
    isfp .4
    istp .4
    intj .35
    istj .3
    isfj .3
    estj .3
    infj .3
    esfj .2
    entj .2
    intp .2
    estp .1
    esfp .1

i didn't really read the opposite personality thing though, just the actual and duals.
    How did you come up with these numbers?

TIM
    nil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think he just put the number of how much he is.

TIM
    SEE-Se
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure where else he could have gotten them from.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

these descriptions are terrible. where did they come from?

TIM
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I suspect Dee was just looking at each description and thinking "on a scale of 0 to 1, how much does it fit me?" or something of the like.

TIM
    SEE-Se
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

okay.... but .55? seriously, wth?

dee, are these the kind of "statistics" that you "love"?

TIM
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe he(?) feels that about 55% of that particular description matches him?

TIM
    SEE-Se
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sigh. Yeah, yeah.... I'll stop.

TIM
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    Ne-INFj
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Work out your type using this

Quote Originally Posted by Elzo

INFj

Sounds ideal to me. I used to think this type of guys never exist.

TIM
    SEE-Se
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

actually i think numbers and statistics are much more Te than Ti. can you prove me wrong?
    The source and type of the information are irrelevant. It's the way you perceive, process, and utilize that information that's either Te or Ti.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love to make people go crazy by purposefully displaying nontrans preferences first in rings, then triangularly etc etc, so fun

Oh, I agree completely with international monetary fund, but i think it's almost redundant to say so
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    okay.... but .55? seriously, wth?

dee, are these the kind of "statistics" that you "love"?

I was taking a test today and I figured I would come back to this thread and say what I was going to say:

Look, a lot of answers "kind of make sense", but in reality, there is only one right answer. So just because you agree with something ".55", it does not really matter. In socionics, you have only one type, just like on a test there is only one answer. So all of this ".55" stuff does not help you at all.

It is almost like the opposite of what you want to do.

PS: It makes you seem very Ti quadra, and not much Te quadra. It does not mean you cannot have a Te polr, either.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

actually i think numbers and statistics are much more Te than Ti. can you prove me wrong?
    Can you prove yourself right?

It's an opinion, and particularly one that doesn't have much to do with socionics, particularly for finding out your type.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eunice

INFj

I used to think girls that appreciated that never existed.

((Would you agree with this? -- Despite their somewhat traditional nature, ESTj & INFj are somewhat on the outside of society in terms of their approach to things))

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did you ever hear of a guy named Hauerwas?

TIM
    Ne-INFj
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Courage
    Quote Originally Posted by eunice

INFj

I used to think girls that appreciated that never existed.

((Would you agree with this? -- Despite their somewhat traditional nature, ESTj & INFj are somewhat on the outside of society in terms of their approach to things))
    I believe so. A lot of my friends have badass boyfriends. (Don't be mistaken. I'm not implying a specific type. Any type can be a badass.) Their preference for such guys lies in their desire to change that guy for the better and rescue him from his bad situation. I really couldn't fathom why they would do such a thing, but they always tell me the same thing, "It's love, Eunice. It's LOVE. Love is blind." Moreover, when their boyfriends got jealous and possessive and I expressed my concern over the situation, they would be like, "At least they show that they are concerned about me."