Thread: Quick type test: quadra and temperaments

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Quick type test: quadra and temperaments

Alpha, Delta
    I seek a romantic relationship in which one partner provides physical comfort, material needs and daily practical help to the other partner.

Beta, Gamma
    I seek a romantic relationship containing an element of competition. One partner feels a sense of awe for the other ("tougher") partner.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ep
    Rapid changes in mood, but generally relaxed mood. Can't tolerate routine and predictability. Their emotions depend on external changes, not on the inner psychological reasons. They try to get everything done at the same time. Keep switching between various activities.

Ij
    Good at holding in their emotions. Very consistent and predictable behavior. Their actions don't depend on the changes in the surroundings. Rigid moral and practical norms. Need activities that give them emotional and physical relaxation.

-------------

Ej
    "Let's press on" frame of mind, not going off-course. Unlikely to have inner doubts or hesitation. Difficulty relaxing. Totally predictable actions. Suffers because of non-dutiful people, unstable situations and chaotic occurrences.

Ip
    Adapt to situations rather than change them. Highly sensitive to other people's emotions. Comes out of their shell and becomes sociable in relaxing situations. Emotionally fragile.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NT and that's about it. Couldn't decide on anything else.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldn't be able to decide between NF and SF I don't think, if I didn't already know what I am.

I would certainly pick Alpha/Delta over Beta/Gamma but I would reword it as "I seek a romantic relationship in which partners provide physical comfort, material needs and daily practical help to each other." The Infant/Caregiver relationship isn't as one-sided as it sounds. I get more of that from my husband, but I express love by giving that to him as well. I'm just not as good at it.

The part b Ep/Ij/Ej/Ip thing wouldn't help me much.

On part C I'd prefer Ep but I'd probably see a bit of myself in Ip. I sincerely doubt my husband would relate to "emotionally fragile" although there might be some truth to that. But if this is about self-evaluation, I wonder how many men would see that in themselves.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Part A: NT
    Part B:
    - Temperament: Far too vague; if I didn't already know my type I wouldn't be able to answer that one.
    - Quadra: Beta/Gamma, although I wouldn't really word it like that. In my own words (not saying it should be rewritten as this though) I'd say something along the lines of "Romance but without the mush, both partners contribute equally to the relationship".
    Part C: I identify a little bit with Ep and Ij, not really in Ej and completely with Ip.

Not bad, not bad.
    ILI (Indescribable Lovemaking Inc.)
    5w4 so/sx

"IP temperament! Because today's concerns are tomorrow's indifferences!"

Lord Fnorgle's Domain - A slowly growing collection of music, poetry and literature.
    Stickam music performances

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BLauritson
    Temperament: Far too vague; if I didn't already know my type I wouldn't be able to answer that one.
    It's the static/dynamic dichotomy.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not bad, not bad.
    Thanks.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elzo
    Temperament: Far too vague; if I didn't already know my type I wouldn't be able to answer that one.
    It's the static/dynamic dichotomy.
    I know, I meant it's too difficult to decide between those two quotes alone. I don't really have any suggestions of my own though, I don't have any real-life examples to hand.
    ILI (Indescribable Lovemaking Inc.)
    5w4 so/sx

"IP temperament! Because today's concerns are tomorrow's indifferences!"

Lord Fnorgle's Domain - A slowly growing collection of music, poetry and literature.
    Stickam music performances

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom
    I sincerely doubt my husband would relate to "emotionally fragile" although there might be some truth to that.
    You could ask him.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra
    How the fuck do you get the ".75" and stuff dee?
    I don't know about the .75 but I think you could get the .44 and aim for the gut. Now, on the stuffing... do you refer to cooking or taxidermy?

Sorry, sorry, just couldn't resist the pun. No harm meant.
    First eliminate every possible source of error. Thence success is inevitable.

TIM
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alpha, Delta
    I seek a romantic relationship in which one partner provides physical comfort, material needs and daily practical help to the other partner.
    Less so.

Beta, Gamma
    I seek a romantic relationship containing an element of competition. One partner feels a sense of awe for the other ("tougher") partner.
    More so.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ep More so.
    Rapid changes in mood, but generally relaxed mood. Somewhat.
    Can't tolerate routine and predictability. Often.
    Their emotions depend on external changes, not on the inner psychological reasons. Unlikely.
    They try to get everything done at the same time. Keep switching between various activities. Sportatic: sometimes yes, other times no. It takes a lot of energy to do that continually... which is why I only have spurts that are like this.
    Ij Less so.
    Good at holding in their emotions. I don't know. I think I am, but others might disagree.
    Very consistent and predictable behavior. Nay! Quite the opposite.
    Their actions don't depend on the changes in the surroundings. Rigid moral and practical norms. Nay! Nay! Nay! (an emphatic Nay!)
    Need activities that give them emotional and physical relaxation. Er, I have no idea... might get boring.
    -------------

Ej No way.
    "Let's press on" frame of mind, not going off-course. Unlikely to have inner doubts or hesitation. More emphatic Nays!
    Difficulty relaxing. Hmm... it depends what is meant by that... possibly...
    Totally predictable actions. Suffers because of non-dutiful people, unstable situations and chaotic occurrences. Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!
    Ip Yes. Completely.
    Adapt to situations rather than change them. Yea!
    Highly sensitive to other people's emotions. Yea!
    Comes out of their shell and becomes sociable in relaxing situations. Usually.
    Emotionally fragile. Do we have to put it that way?
    -------------

Beta/Gamma + Ep + Ip... Er.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra
    How the fuck do you get the ".75" and stuff dee?
    What's even more (messed) up is that, regardless of all the little numbers you type out in your head, you are just one.

This whole idea that you are partially one is really bullshit. Yes, it makes sense, from your standpoint, that you relate to all of them. But from the standpoint of socionics, you do not relate to all of them, just one.
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.