Thread: SLE/ESTp description of Extraverted Sensing Se

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default SLE/ESTp description of Extraverted Sensing Se

Extraverted Sensing occurs when we become aware of what is in the physical world in rich detail. We may be drawn to act on what we experience to get an immediate result. We notice relevant facts and occurrences in a sea of data and experiences, learning all the facts we can about the immediate context or area of focus and what goes on in that context. An active seeking of more and more input to get the whole picture may occur until all sources of input have been exhausted or something else captures our attention. Extraverted Sensing is operating when we freely follow exciting physical impulses or instincts as they come up and enjoy the thrill of action in the present moment. A oneness with the physical world and a total absorption may exist as we move, touch, and sense what is around us. The process involves instantly reading cues to see how far we can go in a situation and still get the impact we want or respond to the situation with presence.

Link

This is by no means a complete picture of Se. It simply shows how while Se is partly about power and telling people to 'fuck off' or 'do this' when it is necessary, there are other elements involved.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Herzy
    It seems kinda like the usual shallow profile, as in it talks a lot but really doesn't say much of what it's all about. It doesn't really ring a bell with me, at least.
    Herzy, what is to you?
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think what you guys are doing is leaping directly from the idea of the function itself to the actions that sometimes occur as a result. However, what you guys don't seem to realize is that always begins as a state of mind before any action actually happens. (Well, that's understandable, considering that most of you at least aren't types, and thus wouldn't understand what it actually feels like.) I'll do my very best to explain what it's like as I'm experiencing it, without being mixed with any other functions (although this might have an unavoidable tinge to it).

At rest, you're kind of in an observatory state of mind. Everything around you gets registered, no matter if you can touch it, or it's way off in the distant distance. You're subconsciously registering everything that enters your "radar". If everything's good, your sonar stays at a constant rate. Sometimes, particular things will enter your radar that will cause the mental sonar to start beeping a little more rapidly, a little louder, or at an irregular rhythm. When this happens, attention immediately gets directed towards the cause. It may be the presence of a person or thing, the absence of it, or something that's registering as "abnormal". When this happens, the proper action to be taken as a result of it is determined. (After this happens, the action is usually tweaked or outright changed by whatever Ji function you have better control with.) A few examples:

I'm up in my room, writing this post, and a scratching noise enters into my radar. Immediately, my attention gets diverted from writing this sentence, and I focus solely on the "disturbance". At first, it sounds as if my parents are quietly whispering downstairs. At this point, my tells me to go out and see if this is the case. However, my mother starts talking about something in a louder tone of voice, but my radar picks up the fact that the scratching noise is still happening. decides that if mom's talking louder but the noise is still happening, she can't be whispering stuff to my dad. So I stay here and fine-tune the radar, until it's clear. It was the sound of crickets being muffled through all the closed windows.

Another scenario is that tomorrow is the first day of school, and I'm going in a bit early. Most likely, no one will be there yet, but my radar will be on the prowl for certain. Each person that comes into my radar is instantly analyzed, and I determine if it's someone cool that I'll want to talk to, someone I want to give a funny look to make them uncomfortable, or someone who is fugly and thus I don't want to even look near them. Whichever category the person lands into gets the corresponding action. Easy.

Then of course, certain things will enter the radar (or be absent from the radar) that the will want to change. It could simply be an object that needs to be moved somehow, a person that needs a spanking (hah), or just a plain old boring situation that I want to make fun. For the first thing, you can just pick it up and put it somewhere else (self-explanatory). If it's the person that needs a good hard spanking, you can either outright spank them at the next available opportunity, wait until the situation flips into your favor so that you can spank them in the most advantageous manner, or you can trick them into allowing you to spank them. Whichever way would work the best as determined by x function is the action that gets performed. If it's a boring situation, you can do a myriad of different things to change it, so that it works in your favor.

Edit: And I'd also like to add that sometimes in the absence of any activity, beeps in the radar are actively persued by the as to get things moving. When a lot of you guys think of , this is probably a big aspect of what you're all seing. But remember that is a whole fucking lot more than just that!

I know this might sound awfully simplistic, but before you all go, "Nuh nuh, is st0opid; it doesn't require any brainpower at all!", just think this: If it were this easy and simplistic, it wouldn't be your role/polr/etc., now would it? :wink:
    Thank you.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It seems kinda like the usual shallow profile, as in it talks a lot but really doesn't say much of what it's all about. It doesn't really ring a bell with me, at least.
    Funny, what you were saying about Se on Socionix was what I had in mind when I found this.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default SLE's :Se:

Okay kiddos. More lessons.

In my experience, this is how works in an SLE:

SLE's is rhythm. SLE's is tempo.

SLE's isn't *necessarily* forced rape or gangbangs but it can be I guess.

SLE's is natural, erotic. It ebs and flows with everything they do. SLE's is a quiet, effective authority. (Remember, ESTps are usually in the shadows just like INFps are, even if they do have a more physical presence.)

SLE's isn't tense, jerky.

SLEs talk forceful but understanding. SLEs speech is the most powerful (for an IEI) because it concretely rips through the psychobabble chatter of our misty introverted dreaminess. IEIs 'get over' their psychological neurosis in this fashion. We're drawn to the voice, and we obey.

IEI lacks this natural tempo in our lives. The keeps us going. Makes us actually accomplish things, and live our lives. And it does it in a way where we can't talk or philosophize our way out of anything. smirks at our attempts to get out of life by using our natural ability to reflect and moralize.

If we rely on other type's we don't quite get there or appreciate it, because the doesn't mesh well with the other functions. Something is amiss.

Deep down both have the same essence (Love is always what is beyond duality), even being so physically different. My SLE uncle is like this. We always end up saying the same things about the nature of life, despite having vastly different hobbies & lifestyles.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    Okay kiddos. More lessons.

In my experience, this is how works in an SLE:

SLE's is rhythm. SLE's is tempo.

SLE's isn't *necessarily* forced rape or gangbangs but it can be I guess.

SLE's is natural, erotic. It ebs and flows with everything they do. SLE's is a quiet, effective authority. (Remember, ESTps are usually in the shadows just like INFps are, even if they do have a more physical presence.)

SLE's isn't tense, jerky.

SLEs talk forceful but understanding. SLEs speech is the most powerful (for an IEI) because it concretely rips through the psychobabble chatter of our misty introverted dreaminess. IEIs 'get over' their psychological neurosis in this fashion. We're drawn to the voice, and we obey.

IEI lacks this natural tempo in our lives. The keeps us going. Makes us actually accomplish things, and live our lives. And it does it in a way where we can't talk or philosophize our way out of anything. smirks at our attempts to get out of life by using our natural ability to reflect and moralize.

If we rely on other type's we don't quite get there or appreciate it, because the doesn't mesh well with the other functions. Something is amiss.

Deep down both have the same essence (Love is always what is beyond duality), even being so physically different. My SLE uncle is like this. We always end up saying the same things about the nature of life, despite having vastly different hobbies & lifestyles.
    sigh. I love .
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thank you.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dbmmama View Post
    thank you.
    cute pic of you & dh in your avatar
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks redbaron. it's on our 5th anniversary and i'm 5mos pg with my first.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is nothing more than some random subjective impression and sheds absolutely no light on how the function works - quite the opposite actually. = rhythm and tempo? Yeah, cause it's soo dynamic, right? bleh
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    Ne-ENTp 7w8 sx/so
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey, B&D, there's more to life than sex. This is not gay bashing. I would say the same thing to an over-sexed straight person. Stop it. Define things in terms of something other than sex. Please.

JRiddy
    —————King of Socionics—————

Ne-ENTp 7w8 sx/so

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it made complete sense to me.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it made complete sense to me.
    Which is why you're not a beta ST.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    Ne-ENTp 7w8 sx/so
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only way to be Se is to kill someone. But first you have to gouge their eye out and skull fuck their eye socket. Then you can kill them.

JRiddy

Ne-ENTp 7w8 sx/so

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Grr. I wasn't talking about sex at all. I said it's not necessarily sex. And I wasn't the one who first oversexualized them. I was actually agreeing with you.

And if I'm so wrong you didn't provide me with any evidence for it otherwise. If you can give a good arguement, I'm all for it.

Again this relates to how and work together too. I just don't see how you could misinterpreted what I explained or how could it be wrong. If you want to blame this on my polr you better be sure you understand what that means in the first place. But see, I try to do my homework. Do you?

Dbmamma actually has real relationships in her real life. Do any of you? Maybe that was a low blow but I'm beginning to wonder. My observations weren't based on incorporeal internet chatter. You just can't say somebody is wrong without providing support for your criticisms.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And if I'm so wrong you didn't provide me with any evidence for it otherwise. If you can give a good arguement, I'm all for it.
    There is no need to disprove an erroneous idea. Stop trying to put the burden on those who disagree with you, when the burden was on you to begin with.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

*sigh* The Internets.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

There is no need to disprove an erroneous idea. Stop trying to put the burden on those who disagree with you, when the burden was on you to begin with.
    If something is erroneous you have to show me how it's erroneous. Or no, what you're saying doesn't make sense.

I've already PROVIDED the burden of proof, dumbass. If I'm so wrong, either show me how I'm wrong or shut up. But you're obviously too intellectually lazy to do so.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I said SLE's btw. in other types works differently of course. And there is obvious other factors to take into consideration, true. But what I said still holds true.

And I think dbmamma knows herself more than anybody else, so you guys are just making yourselves look stupid.

No jokes this time. No alpha jokes to get out of responsibility. I'm clearly right through my own arguements.

I'm just gonna leave this alone unless I hear some real proof on how wrong I am. Otherwise, have a good day kids.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I said SLE's btw. in other types works differently of course. And there is obvious other factors to take into consideration, true. But what I said still holds true.

And I think dbmamma knows herself more than anybody else, so you guys are just making yourselves look stupid.

No jokes this time. No alpha jokes to get out of responsibility. I'm clearly right through my own arguements.

I'm just gonna leave this alone unless I hear some real proof on how wrong I am. Otherwise, have a good day kids.
    it's alright sweety. they just have their heads up their asses on this one, if not all of the time. lol i always understand what you mean, btw. sometimes too much.

TIM
    Ne-ENTp 7w8 sx/so
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Grr. I wasn't talking about sex at all. I said it's not necessarily sex. And I wasn't the one who first oversexualized them. I was actually agreeing with you.
    Dude, my bad.

Again this relates to how and work together too. I just don't see how you could misinterpreted what I explained or how could it be wrong. If you want to blame this on my polr you better be sure you understand what that means in the first place. But see, I try to do my homework. Do you?

Dbmamma actually has real relationships in her real life. Do any of you? Maybe that was a low blow but I'm beginning to wonder. My observations weren't based on incorporeal internet chatter. You just can't say somebody is wrong without providing support for your criticisms.
    Yeah, I haven't really read much of this thread. I'm just here for shits and giggles. I'm ALPHA remember?

JRiddy

Ne-ENTp 7w8 sx/so

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think anyone with an understanding of the functions can see the inaccuracy of most of what you wrote without me outlining it for them.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    You always seem to identify with the people in whatever Quadra you just happen to be in at the moment. Strange.
    as far as I know, dbmmama has always been beta. At least for a long while now. Did I miss something?
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    as far as I know, dbmmama has always been beta. At least for a long while now. Did I miss something?
    um yes lol
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    She was Gamma a few weeks ago, and Alpha at once point.
    I didn't realize this. k.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lmao
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    I've always BEEN Beta just confused about socionics. And now I don't give a shit about it.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've always BEEN Beta just confused about socionics. And now I don't give a shit about it.
    You always say you don't give a shit once people challenge your current self-typing. And who says you're still not confused now?
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    You always say you don't give a shit once people challenge your current self-typing. And who says you're still not confused now?
    only me. that's the only person that fucking matters.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

only me. that's the only person that fucking matters.
    This makes no sense lol, and it seems like a copout.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

B&D, if I could execute a US marine for every time someone made a joke that went right over your head, there would be no USMC left.

And you're getting caught up in the someone-agreed-with-me-so-I-will-make-claims-that-attempt-to-show-how-she-is-not-like-them syndrome.