Thread: Socionic's explanation to bullying

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Socionic's explanation to bullying.

Quote Originally Posted by XoX
    ... one of the problems is when the aggressor is trying to get an "aggressor-victim"-act started e.g. by teasing the infantile. Instead of playing along the infantile might get offended. Aggressor might think this is not about "really getting offended but just acting offended" and keep pushing harder which would lead to a rather ugly situation (either the infantile feeling bad or hitting the aggressor with a blunt object).
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that's a pretty good analysis actually. i've seen this happen.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Socionic's explanation to bullying.

Quote Originally Posted by mikemex
    Quote Originally Posted by XoX
    ... one of the problems is when the aggressor is trying to get an "aggressor-victim"-act started e.g. by teasing the infantile. Instead of playing along the infantile might get offended. Aggressor might think this is not about "really getting offended but just acting offended" and keep pushing harder which would lead to a rather ugly situation (either the infantile feeling bad or hitting the aggressor with a blunt object).
    I'll keep this in mind. I had a lot of these problems when I was a kid.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Herzy
    That's assuming that only types get bullied, and only types bully, though.
    ::nods::
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    ::nods::
    Yeah. One of the biggest bullies in our school was a very large ESTp. He didn't bully me though. He went to fight my friend once and i told him we just want to have fun and he said "Whenever i see this guy i just want to have fun". That was a superego thing i think

My ENTp friend would actually bully a whole lot of people. Calling them names pushing them over etc so its all pretty complicated.
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

quite true. i'd assume Se types would physically bully....Ne types might intellectually bully.

ILE

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze
    quite true. i'd assume Se types would physically bully....Ne types might intellectually bully.
    Not in real life though.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

all experiences made in public high school are rendered insignificant and meaningless as a person progresses into adulthood.
    asd

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by heath
    all experiences made in public high school are rendered insignificant and meaningless as a person progresses into adulthood.
    truer words were never spoken.

ILE

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

at least, Delta NF and Gamma NT types may bully...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, exactly. I think the basic premises of this thread are probably quite wrong. I think it comes from reading too much into the words "victim" and "aggressor."

1) Premise - "Victim means that one 'goes along with' being bullied" I don't think that's true. I think "victim" types are often offended by bullying. The idea that they're the ones who "brush it off" or are able to deal with it, or "like it" seems quite off.

2) Premise - "Aggressor means someone who acts aggressively in the sense of bullying, fighting, hitting, etc." Not true; I think that's a fiction made up on this forum.

3) Presmise - "Being offended by abusive behavior means one is an 'infantile' type." I think this is also quite incorrect.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan
    Yeah, exactly. I think the basic premises of this thread are probably quite wrong. I think it comes from reading too much into the words "victim" and "aggressor."

1) Premise - "Victim means that one 'goes along with' being bullied" I don't think that's true. I think "victim" types are often offended by bullying. The idea that they're the ones who "brush it off" or are able to deal with it, or "like it" seems quite off.

2) Premise - "Aggressor means someone who acts aggressively in the sense of bullying, fighting, hitting, etc." Not true; I think that's a fiction made up on this forum.

3) Presmise - "Being offended by abusive behavior means one is an 'infantile' type." I think this is also quite incorrect.
    It is also reading too much into the word "infantile" in terms of dealing with confrontation.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    It is also reading too much into the word "infantile" in terms of dealing with confrontation.
    Yes. I do think that LIIs and ILIs do often get bullied more than other types, though. "Victims" may be more vulnerable, though, because they're seen as "targets" more by others. I don't think they're bullied by their dual or activity partners though.

One pattern that may be valid in terms of aggressor-victim bullying is this sort of thing:
    * An SLE teases an ILI, who takes offense
    * The ILI turns to an SEE for protection

I've seen that kind of thing play out.