Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 127

Thread: Fictional Delta Characters In Movies and Literature

  1. #1
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,688
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Fictional Delta Characters In Movies and Literature

    Sherlock Holmes.... yeah, ok. Who / what else?
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  2. #2
    Expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,853
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Perhaps Jason Bourne in the Bourne Trilogy movies (haven't read the books).

    John Wayne's western persona in most of his movies (not all of them, though). In movies like El Dorado and Rio Bravo, for instance.

    The traditional portrayal of Captain America in the comics.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

  3. #3
    Landlord of the Dog and Duck Subteigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    EII-Ne Sp/So
    Posts
    13,607
    Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Thomas Gradgrind from Charles Dickens' Hard Times, and according to socionics.org: Mary Poppins, Nikolai Rostov from War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy, Pat Hollmann from Three Comrades by Erich Remarque and the character Stirlitz from Seventeen Moments of Spring by Yulian Semyonov.
    EII-Ne
    9w1 or 5w4 Sp/So

  4. #4
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,464
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Shawn from Nip/Tuck.

  5. #5
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,688
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Stirlitz was regarded as the ideal KGB agent. Born in Russian heartland (a town of Gorokhovets mistakenly placed "on the Volga river" in the feature), he was a renaissance man who knew how to complete missions but was also familiar with high culture. He spoke all European languages except Irish and Albanian. He favored the intellectual approach over violence and is believed to have killed only one time in his fifty year career as an agent. Like James Bond, he had a favorite drink, cognac. He drove a Horch car and was not as taken by women as Bond, declining the offer of some supposedly attractive prostitutes with the rejoinder "I'd rather drink some coffee." During his constant travels, Stirlitz missed Russia and longed to return.
    Sounds like me
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  6. #6
    Smilingeyes's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,228
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Courage
    Stirlitz was regarded as the ideal KGB agent...
    Sounds like me
    You're such an ESTj
    First eliminate every possible source of error. Thence success is inevitable.

  7. #7
    implied's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    7,753
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Courage
    Stirlitz was regarded as the ideal KGB agent. Born in Russian heartland (a town of Gorokhovets mistakenly placed "on the Volga river" in the feature), he was a renaissance man who knew how to complete missions but was also familiar with high culture. He spoke all European languages except Irish and Albanian. He favored the intellectual approach over violence and is believed to have killed only one time in his fifty year career as an agent. Like James Bond, he had a favorite drink, cognac. He drove a Horch car and was not as taken by women as Bond, declining the offer of some supposedly attractive prostitutes with the rejoinder "I'd rather drink some coffee." During his constant travels, Stirlitz missed Russia and longed to return.
    Sounds like me
    that is seriously a highly appealing trait.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

  8. #8
    eunice's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    TIM
    Ne-INFj
    Posts
    2,949
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Nicholas Angel (acted by Simon Pegg) from the movie Hot Fuzz

  9. #9
    eunice's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    TIM
    Ne-INFj
    Posts
    2,949
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    -edited-

  10. #10
    cunnilingus epilepsy inducer
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,394
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    Perhaps Jason Bourne in the Bourne Trilogy movies (haven't read the books).
    I haven't read the books either, but LSI all the way in the films.

    Btw, Borne Ultimatum alpha vs beta? Anyone else notice that?

  11. #11
    machintruc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    3,255
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    - Sullivan from Third Watch

    - Romano from ER

  12. #12
    Expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,853
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by electric

    Btw, Borne Ultimatum alpha vs beta? Anyone else notice that?
    Care to elaborate?
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

  13. #13
    machintruc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    3,255
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Carla
    Heh heh. Mary Poppins reminds me of one of my ESTj friends.
    (I'm going to tell her that tomorrow.)
    Was Poppins LSE ?

  14. #14
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,688
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I could kind of see that.

    Look at how easily she indoctrinated and lead those kids into doing things?
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  15. #15
    Suomea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    TIM
    ILE-Ti
    Posts
    1,057
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by electric
    Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    Perhaps Jason Bourne in the Bourne Trilogy movies (haven't read the books).
    I haven't read the books either, but LSI all the way in the films.

    Btw, Borne Ultimatum alpha vs beta? Anyone else notice that?
    editted
    Suomea

  16. #16
    Landlord of the Dog and Duck Subteigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    EII-Ne Sp/So
    Posts
    13,607
    Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default Fictional Delta Characters In Literature

    From socionics.org

    INFj\EII
    Dr. Watson – the Sherlock Holmes stories by Arthur Conan Doyle
    Robert Lohkamp – Three Comrades by Erich Remarque
    Maria Bolkonskaya – War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy
    Prince Muishkin – The Idiot by Fyodor Dostoevsky
    Sonya Marmeladov - Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky

    ENFp\IEE
    Julia Lambert – Theatre by W. Somerset Maugham
    Siegfried Lenz - Three Comrades by Erich Remarque
    Tom Sawyer – The Adventures of Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain

    ISTp\SLI
    Fermina Daza - Love in the Time of Cholera by G. G. Márquez
    Otto Koster - Three Comrades by Erich Remarque
    Maigret – the Maigret novels by Georges Simenon
    Medea - Medea and Her Children by ? ( the name differs from what I can find using google)
    Huckleberry Finn – The Adventures of Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain

    ESTj\LSE
    Mary Poppins – Mary Poppins by P. L. Travers
    Nikolai Rostov War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy
    Sherlock Holmes – Sherlock Holmes stories by Arthur Conan Doyle
    Pat Hollmann - Three Comrades by Erich Remarque
    Stirlitz - Seventeen Moments of Spring by Yulian Semyonov.
    Last edited by Subteigh; 04-10-2008 at 08:56 PM.

  17. #17
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,688
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock Holmes
    "I never remember feeling tired by work, though idleness exhausts me completely."

    "The temptation to form premature theories upon insufficient data is the bane of our profession."

    What great Socionics responses!
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  18. #18
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,688
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    Quote Originally Posted by Courage
    Stirlitz was regarded as the ideal KGB agent. Born in Russian heartland (a town of Gorokhovets mistakenly placed "on the Volga river" in the feature), he was a renaissance man who knew how to complete missions but was also familiar with high culture. He spoke all European languages except Irish and Albanian. He favored the intellectual approach over violence and is believed to have killed only one time in his fifty year career as an agent. Like James Bond, he had a favorite drink, cognac. He drove a Horch car and was not as taken by women as Bond, declining the offer of some supposedly attractive prostitutes with the rejoinder "I'd rather drink some coffee." During his constant travels, Stirlitz missed Russia and longed to return.
    Sounds like me
    that is seriously a highly appealing trait.
    Being an ideal KGB agent?
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  19. #19
    Landlord of the Dog and Duck Subteigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    EII-Ne Sp/So
    Posts
    13,607
    Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default


  20. #20
    meatburger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    A Quazar named Northern Territory
    Posts
    2,570
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Fictional Delta Characters In Literature

    Quote Originally Posted by Subterranean
    ESTj\LSE
    Mary Poppins – Mary Poppins by P. L. Travers
    Thanks Subby. That one struck me a little. Hmm shes like efficient but isn't she too playful or something for an LSE? No perhaps not shes a tough ol bitch and she seems quite serious. No ive just changed my mind perhaps she is. Stream of thought is wonderful isn't it? Chair. Pot plant

    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

    "And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

  21. #21
    jessica129's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,097
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    lol.

    I've always seen Mary Poppins typed as ENFP.

  22. #22
    implied's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    7,753
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Courage
    Being an ideal KGB agent?
    yes, exactly.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

  23. #23
    Blaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,728
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    How bout Nurse Ratched? hahaha or was she gamma?

    ILE

    those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

  24. #24
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,688
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    Quote Originally Posted by Courage
    Being an ideal KGB agent?
    yes, exactly.
    It was a serious question though - what were you referring to? The treatment of women?
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  25. #25
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,688
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It looks like she's about to expose her breasts to us all.
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  26. #26
    eunice's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    TIM
    Ne-INFj
    Posts
    2,949
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    How can anyone forget James Bond.....

  27. #27
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,688
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    LSE > SLE?


    If you guys really think so I don't have a problem with it. Seems to go for women fairly easy. Maybe the classic James Bond, but the one in Casino Royale is definitely not a model LSE. I think he demonstrates a pretty good polr.
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  28. #28
    meatburger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    A Quazar named Northern Territory
    Posts
    2,570
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Courage
    It looks like she's about to expose her breasts to us all.
    Mary's Rack would be Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious i bet.

    If not let's just go fly a kite. Up to the highest height.



    EDIT: See i cant see how an LSE would enjoy just flying a kite. More likely to like tell the kids exactly why its flying.
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

    "And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

  29. #29
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,688
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I would personally enjoy making the kids run as fast as they could, via chasing them and scaring them, in order to make their kites take off into the sky.


    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  30. #30
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,688
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Maximus, from Galdiator

    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  31. #31
    mustachio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    stoppage time
    Posts
    902
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    the ones you have to deal with at work:

    IEI - the nasty kind...

  32. #32
    Expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,853
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Courage
    If you guys really think so I don't have a problem with it. Seems to go for women fairly easy. Maybe the classic James Bond, but the one in Casino Royale is definitely not a model LSE. I think he demonstrates a pretty good polr.
    The Bond of Casino Royale and the books is either ISTj-Se or ESTp-Ti. Not ESTj at all.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

  33. #33
    Smilingeyes's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,228
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    Quote Originally Posted by Courage
    If you guys really think so I don't have a problem with it. Seems to go for women fairly easy. Maybe the classic James Bond, but the one in Casino Royale is definitely not a model LSE. I think he demonstrates a pretty good polr.
    The Bond of Casino Royale and the books is either ISTj-Se or ESTp-Ti. Not ESTj at all.
    Agreed.

    Instead I submit a sad old fish

    Captain Haddock
    First eliminate every possible source of error. Thence success is inevitable.

  34. #34
    Elro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Not here
    Posts
    2,796
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Smilingeyes
    Instead I submit a sad old fish

    Captain Haddock
    Tintin!

  35. #35
    Smilingeyes's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,228
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elro
    Quote Originally Posted by Smilingeyes
    Instead I submit a sad old fish

    Captain Haddock
    Tintin!
    I don't think Tintin's ESTj, more like... Hmm... ESFp.
    First eliminate every possible source of error. Thence success is inevitable.

  36. #36
    Elro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Not here
    Posts
    2,796
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Smilingeyes
    Quote Originally Posted by Elro
    Quote Originally Posted by Smilingeyes
    Instead I submit a sad old fish

    Captain Haddock
    Tintin!
    I don't think Tintin's ESTj, more like... Hmm... ESFp.
    Oh sorry, I didn't mean Tintin was ESTj - I was enthused because I had forgotten that comic existed.

  37. #37
    implied's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    7,753
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Smilingeyes
    Instead I submit a sad old fish

    Captain Haddock
    this has got to be my favorite ESTj suggestion to date.

    i would probably agree with tin tin as ESFp as well.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

  38. #38
    Expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,853
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elro
    Oh sorry, I didn't mean Tintin was ESTj - I was enthused because I had forgotten that comic existed.
    Move to Belgium, they'll never let you forget it
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

  39. #39
    Landlord of the Dog and Duck Subteigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    EII-Ne Sp/So
    Posts
    13,607
    Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dee
    i remember a women telling me i look like tintin. does that mean anything?
    A drunk man once told me I looked like Julius Caesar - I think it's obvious what that means.
    EII-Ne
    9w1 or 5w4 Sp/So

  40. #40
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,688
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Anime LSE

    I don't watch anime, but some people I know do. Does any of them show LSE characters?
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •