Thread: Jamiroquai

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Jamiroquai

“Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

“Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is a pretty good chance he is SLI.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He seems a bit hard to type. Anyone else got an opinion?

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISTp would be one of the last two Socionics types I'd consider for him actually... (Dynamic>Static is clear, however.)

Having watched 1.5 interviews... I'm fairly convinced he's beta NF.

WP, I'm being honest: this temperament thing is still making it hard for people to type with accuracy... You've got to take into account the functions being used...

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by JuJu View Post
    WP, I'm being honest: this temperament thing is still making it hard for people to type with accuracy... You've got to take into account the functions being used...
    "Gul! Youre energy is too high!"
    "But Gul, I see a persistent lack of initiative!"
    "Gul, you're far too lazy."

I somehow don't think it's the temperaments' fault.

Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Actually Id say INFj

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Fe ESFj mom loves Jamiroquai

I'm goin with some sorta Alpha for the guy, but im not totally sure.
    The end is nigh

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I retract my last comment he's not SLI at all.

He has similar facial expressions to Heath Ledger.

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, because I wasn't sure on my alpha typing how bout you tell me how he is Beta?
    The end is nigh

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JuJu View Post
    ISTp would be one of the last two Socionics types I'd consider for him actually... (Dynamic>Static is clear, however.)

Having watched 1.5 interviews... I'm fairly convinced he's beta NF.

I would agree with that, delta NF, although I am not totally confident. As for which one I would go with a INFP, I think that is definitely the better fit out of the two.

As for this temperate thing, I personally think it is very valuable. If what I think you mean is what you actually mean. Do you mean looking at the type as a whole? and also watching for how someone walks, sits, smiles, laughs, frowns etc? Like typing a person as a whole and focusing on body language, posture, facial expressions etc? If that is what you mean then it is very valuable. And it is definitely a part of socionics. That is the way that I usually type. I'm thinking and this is just a possibility, that it has to do with the Ne Si , Ni Se divide. Perhaps with Ne Si valuing types preferring the holistic approach. And with Ni Se types preferring to spit each ego block function and look for them both separately. But with both types able to do both, just with a preference on one or the other. Totally guess though, and prolly wrong and it would be way more complicated than that.
    IEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

temperament*
    IEE

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think most of his interviews show that he's got strong Fe or at least he has no trouble using it.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchonAlarion View Post
    My Fe ESFj mom loves Jamiroquai

I was considering ISFp... Perhaps he is a bit too extravagant(?) for an ISFp, but on the other hand he seems to be in very good touch with his body and physical environment to be beta NF, or at least that's how he appears in his music videos and on stage. I still think IP temperament makes the most sense. So ISFp > INFp > else...
    Last edited by Park; 05-31-2009 at 01:56 PM.

Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ArchonAlarion View Post

Actually I do see where you're coming from. So I say maybe INTj if hes alpha, rather than INFj.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark View Post
    I think most of his interviews show that he's got strong Fe or at least he has no trouble using it.

I was considering ISFp... Perhaps he is a bit too extravagant(?) for an ISFp, but on the other hand he seems to be in very good touch with his body and physical environment to be beta NF, or at least that's how he appears in his music videos and on stage. I still think IP temperament makes the most sense. So ISFp > INFp > else...
    I agree with the Fe bit. really seems Fe creative as well. So then also agree with IP temperament (good that we agree on those). But I just watched the rove interview again and I still can't go away from INFP > ISTP. He really VIs like a INFP. In the First second of the rove one he gives off a massive INFP smile. And I noticed it through the interview as well... You can see that guy from honey I shrunk the kids in him (hope that guy is actually a INFP lol)... Just checked, his name is rick moranis, and the first 2 typings I saw for him are INFP, so yeh, you can definately see rick moranis in his big and little smiles... As for the part about being in very good touch with his body, perhaps he has a well developed 3rd function??
    IEE

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    As for the part about being in very good touch with his body, perhaps he has a well developed 3rd function??
    Could be, although I can't help but notice the similarity to my own relation to the physical world in the way he comes off, which is why I've typed him ISTp in the first place two years ago.

Creepy-Cyclops

I've never really been that keen on the guy. Didn't he come out the worst in a fight with some photographer? Ha.

Some sort of Fe type off the top of my head.

He's too flashy and too into his top notch cars and being an 'important' celebrity for me to think ISTp is a likely type.

I haven't watched those videos, but I remember watching the top gear thing when it was on BBC and from that i'd say Fe ego, maybe EIE.

On the temperament thing, anyone think he's a bit too 'high energy' to be IP? Even considering possibly SEI (who might be considered as being viewed as the most active out of all the IP temperaments, maybe to do with ego Fe being kinda 'bubbly', for a crude expression).

Seems to me a bit non-focused on the present, don't really see the Si in him so much (nor really ego Se).
    Last edited by Cyclops; 06-01-2009 at 12:33 PM.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm only "sure" of valuing.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think he reminds me of Jonny Depp a little.

Fe to the max?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Definitely seems Fe creative hey. I know what you mean about Johnny Depp, when I watched the first interview the other day I was thinking that, but then I decided INFP was a better fit, but the two do still remind me of one another a bit. After watching those two interviews you just put up it makes me think even more that he is an INFP. He really VI's as one, and now I think acts like one as well. Anyways just my thoughts. At least we all seem pretty confident with Fe creative...
    IEE

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice thread, Winterpark.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

whatever happened to that guy?
    I'd guess SEI btw
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alpha SF ... Perfect example of Alpha music as well.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, lol.

SEI