Thread: Type and stubbornness

TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Type and stubbornness

Is there any correlation between socionic type and stubbornness, and if so, which type is the most stubborn?
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
    --Theodore Roosevelt

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    -- Mark Twain

"Man who stand on hill with mouth open will wait long time for roast duck to drop in."
    -- Confucius

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People have accused me of being stubborn before now (even though they themselves are stubborn but don't realise it.. ironic twats). Apart from that.. I don't know really, although I've known ISFjs to be pretty stubborn about the way they think (Ne-PoLR probably).
    ILI (Indescribable Lovemaking Inc.)
    5w4 so/sx

"IP temperament! Because today's concerns are tomorrow's indifferences!"

Lord Fnorgle's Domain - A slowly growing collection of music, poetry and literature.
    Stickam music performances

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lytov relates stubbornness to , and there is probably some truth in that. Logical types are more stubborn than ethical types, and one or more of the types INTp, ISTp, ENTj, and ESTj might be the most stubborn of all.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In some sense it's Se vs Si thing. Alphas and deltas are often too quick to agree with others just to avoid upsetting others. They say, "Fine, lets have it your way. *BITTER SMILE*" and try not to hold a grudge.

In another sense it's j vs p. Percievers say "Well, ok, we can try that. It doesn't change much." and they really don't care as much as judging types because their plans are more flexible.

In yet another sense it could be yielding vs obstinacy Reinin dichotomy, but this could actually depend on Se, I'm not sure.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Creepy-Diana

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm only reasonably stubborn. A lot of people are unreasonably stubborn, and then it's just annoying.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus
    Lytov relates stubbornness to , and there is probably some truth in that. Logical types are more stubborn than ethical types, and one or more of the types INTp, ISTp, ENTj, and ESTj might be the most stubborn of all.
    You are probably referring to the typical test question: "do you argue until the end or do you give up to keep relations?", to which I always give the "Thinking-answer" and wonder why I would ever give the opposite answer. I could argue that Fe types are the most stubborn types, because they feel too driven to stop arguing.

In my experience, betas are the most stubborn people. It could have something to do with being emotionally driven ( ) and then treating the argument/disagreement as a way to either win or lose ( ). I have heard my INFp sister say "oh, if I agree with him now, he'll think he won! I can't give up now!".
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm pretty damned stubborn.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

context is king
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find types stubborn if you try to move in on any territory. Try telling a some F ego type how they're feeling or how they're trying to make you feel, they'll deny it and then pull a array of tricks to convince you your wrong even though you end up being right.

So I'm guessing people are just stubborn with their ego.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kristiina
    You are probably referring to the typical test question: "do you argue until the end or do you give up to keep relations?", to which I always give the "Thinking-answer" and wonder why I would ever give the opposite answer. I could argue that Fe types are the most stubborn types, because they feel too driven to stop arguing.
    No, I am referring to Lytov's chart over manifestations of Informational Exchange Functions, which can be found here in the menu to the right: http://www.socioniko.net/en/1.1.types/index.html

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been accused of being stubborn on more than one occasion. I'm only stubborn about certain things though.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have been accused of being stubborn on several occasions. And the accusations were probably correct every time, because I am stubborn -- though not so much in practical matters.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kristiina
    In my experience, betas are the most stubborn people. It could have something to do with being emotionally driven ( ) and then treating the argument/disagreement as a way to either win or lose ( ). I have heard my INFp sister say "oh, if I agree with him now, he'll think he won! I can't give up now!".
    I can relate to that. I had a talk with my wife about this one day and she said that my pattern seem to be to usually argue against the other person pretty heatedly (is that same thing as emotionally?) while listening to them with one ear at the same time. Then after the argument has passed I go through the information I have gathered and integrate it into my previous understanding where it seems relevant. But I rarely seem to do the "integration" thing during the argument only afterwards. During the argument I mostly rely on what I have already integrated in my understanding in the past and become a bit fanatic about it. Perhaps that is focus on Fe during the argument and on Te (or Ti) after the argument. I don't know. Anyways it causes me to sometimes debate heatedly in favor of something but later on change my ridig stance after evaluating the new information. Then I can debate as heatedly in favor of my new stance. It is as if the increase of my knowledge happens in "jumps" not as a dynamic process. I gather information in a "bag" then sit down and go through it all and understand it as a whole. So for an outsider I sometimes don't make any progress and sometimes make a big leap of progress.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I nominate my own type.

I have never thought of myself as stubborn, until people started pointing it out to me.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have been accused of being stubborn on several occasions. And the accusations were probably correct every time, because I am stubborn -- though not so much in practical matters.
    It's usually practical matters that I am stubborn in. Things that have to do with Te and Ni as it relates to Te. (And sometimes Fi, if I'm upset about something and don't know it.) That's why my boss told my sister that he sometimes wonders who the boss actually is. And why my sister said, "She has that affect on people".

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm stubborn but I know some reeeeeeally stubborn ISFps also.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used to be stubborn. But I think it went away.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENTp
    ENFj
    ISFj

In my experience...

ENTp is probably the most frustrating. Unreasonable stubbornness as Rocky put it.
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

[21:29] hitta: idealism is just the gap between the thought of death
    [21:29] hitta: and not dying

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It depends...

I'm not stubborn generally. I'm quick to agree with other people's suggestions of activity. However...

when I'm stubborn, I do. You won't change my mind, and you'll have to do what I say, otherwise some big mess is going to happen. This only happens when I really really am sure that I'm right, so it's only once in a while; people that have known me recognize that...yes, it's better to agree in those situations.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't answer this question without first clarifying what is meant with "stubborn". The word implies a degree of unreasonableness or even irrationality (not necessarily the socionics meaning of the word). It suggests a dislike for changing one's views or decisions, merely for the sake of not changing them. And I think it makes no sense in socionics as a characteristic that can be attributed to any type as such.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm stubborn as long as I'm right.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have to clarify my previous statement. I don't generally consider myself that stubborn. Occasionally I do become really stubborn though. It is still more situational or sometimes related to something which I consider important. On usual everyday matters I'm pretty flexible. More flexible than the average person I think.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think all types are capable of being stubborn, but different types would be stubborn about different things.

As for me, these are the things that I'm stubborn about:
    - I'm stubborn when I'm mad at someone. I can go years without talking to someone when I'm mad at them. I rarely get mad at people, but when I do, my anger tends to last for a long time.
    - I'm stubborn when it comes to my religious beliefs. Never ask me to do things that goes against my religious beliefs, because I'll never agree to it.
    - I'm stubborn when it comes to my dreams and goals in life. I know what I want in life, and I rarely change my mind about it. No matter how many naysayers around me try to discourage me from pursuing my dreams, I'll never be swayed and it will only make me become more stubborn and more determined to prove them wrong.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think everyone can be a stubborn piece of f... about their ego functions, and if someone is "stubborn" in the same sense as you, it can look like being grounded, determination, common sense, inspiring...
    I would even go as far as saying most people got their head far up their own a-hole when it comes to their ego.
    It's charming

I got called stubborn once. It's useless to argue ego vs ego... and tiring.
    I'm silently stubborn though.