Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: What's the reason for limited options second function

  1. #1
    Jarno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    TIM
    ILI-Te
    Posts
    5,375
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default What's the reason for limited options second function

    What I was wondering is the reason why the second function has to differ in "attitude" and in "rationality" from the first function.

    I've read in Socionics that the reason is because function work in pairs.
    In Jungs book however he states a different reason, it is because that function is able to exist next to the first and least non-compatible.

    Can anyone give me more information?

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: What's the reason for limited options second function

    You answered your own question

    Quote Originally Posted by Jarno
    it is because that function is able to exist next to the first and least non-compatible.
    now bow down to the great Jung and listen to everything he says, I'm cereal.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

  3. #3
    strrrng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    TIM
    Ni-IEI 4w3 sx/so
    Posts
    8,781
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    it's for balance - taking in information and acting on it.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,969
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It's because one is implied by the other. An internal structure exists in a space. An external structure defines a space within it. A space has a structure. Actions within a space have internal relationships that define an internal structure.

    For it not to be so would be like drawing an asterisk without any space between the lines that come out, or like drawing a square with no space in side it, or like drawing something that doesn't have an outside to it, or like to draw something where no relationships can exist between the elements at all, ever.

    So basically, one implies the other. It's just simple geometry.

  5. #5
    Jarno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    TIM
    ILI-Te
    Posts
    5,375
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    is it strange that i don't see the connection between psychology and geometrics...

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan
    It's because one is implied by the other. An internal structure exists in a space. An external structure defines a space within it. A space has a structure. Actions within a space have internal relationships that define an internal structure.

    For it not to be so would be like drawing an asterisk without any space between the lines that come out, or like drawing a square with no space in side it, or like drawing something that doesn't have an outside to it, or like to draw something where no relationships can exist between the elements at all, ever.

    So basically, one implies the other. It's just simple geometry.
    OMG, that makes so much sense!

    Can I have a cookie now?
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

  7. #7
    snegledmaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,900
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    IMO it's because the IME-s (Which I believe you are referring to, not functions) form 4 by 4 structures in a person's psyche which can be represented by cubes. The cubes are aligned at the point of stability, point of lowest potential. In essence it's a consequence of laws of symmetry and energy laws. IMO that is.

  8. #8
    ...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    9,169
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I've thought in the past that the best type would be Te Se. Te Fi would also be quite good I think.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •