Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: -

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-
    Last edited by Dee; 02-26-2009 at 02:24 AM.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My typing skills started really working when I had a large database of typed people (friends etc) in my head.
    Then comparison and seeing similarities is easy.

Before that I mostly used the 4 dichotomy's.

Nowadays I use al sorts of things including VI.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I use VI, comparison to other people of suspected types, interaction with others, lifestyle, choice of friends, etc. All in all it's about observing someone and getting as much information as you can, and seeing how it fits into functional use/preference, temperament, and so on.

I only ever say that I'm sure about a type if VI and other typing methods coincide easily.

Creepy-bg

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    I use VI, comparison to other people of suspected types, interaction with others, lifestyle, choice of friends, etc. All in all it's about observing someone and getting as much information as you can, and seeing how it fits into functional use/preference, temperament, and so on.
    Same for me, except that try avoid using comparison to other people as much as possible. If you make it the basis of your typing (which is not what Gilly is saying), you are going to get into circular thinking:

- he's (say) ESFp because he's just like other ESFps I know.
    - and how did you know the type of those other ESFps?
    - well, they were just like yet other ESFps I had already typed.

Etc etc
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat
    Strange. Why would a 20-sided die be used to determine which of the 16 types you are?
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dee
    thanks guys. was interesting to see how you type. i'm going to rename the thread though 'cos i'm really looking to find out how did you find out you are of the type you type?
    My story:

- tested as INTJ in online pop-MBTI tests, identified with the typelogic INTJ profile; so I thought I was INTJ
    - upon discovering socionics and not yet reading much about it, at first I just concluded/assumed that I was LII/INTj
    - puzzled at first at the relationships, since they didn't seem to work at all for me
    - noticed that I identified much more with a Si PoLR (ENTj) than Se PoLR (INTj)
    - in lists comparing types with their conflictors, I identified much, much more with the ENTj-ISFp bit than with INTj-ESFp
    - as ENTj, all my relationships (especially in my Alpha family) made perfect sense
    - I looked at INTp as a possibility, but overall ENTj made much more sense
    - the Stratievskaya ENTj description is a near 100% accurate description of myself, even in tiny personal details

And, from then on, as I understood socionics better, ENTj/LIE only got confirmed and made increasing sense.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I took an online MBTI test and came out as ENFP. Then I gave my husband the test and he came out as ISTP but his J was almost as high as the P. The ISTP descriptions sounded more like him than the ISTJ descriptions, though neither were perfect. Anyway, I wondered about his type in relation to mine because of how easy our marriage is - we never fight and I always figured it was because we had some weird personality mesh or something. But the MBTI site seemed to think we wouldn't be a particularly good match. I think it had INFP listed as my best match? I don't remember.

So that left me thinking it was hogwash and I kept googling and found Socionics, where he was very clearly ISTp, but I wasn't so sure - I thought I might be INFp instead of ENFp. But I posted here in "what's my type" and I came up clearly to people here as ENFp. And the description of duality really describes our relationship perfectly.

As to how I type other people, I always try to see what functions they use and value first. For me, I find it's easier to see what functions are valued than used. Then I look at temperment, and what quadra the person seems to be. I don't find E/I or J/P on their own to be particularly useful because those describe the information elements more than the people.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Strange. Why would a 20-sided die be used to determine which of the 16 types you are?
    BECAUSE THE OTHER FOUR ARE THE SECRET MEMBERS OF THE EPSILON QUADRA SMARTASS.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

context is king
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because there are more of some types than there are of others, ofc.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Joy told me. At least, that's what I heard.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I went off on a monologue here - http://the16types.no-ip.info/forums/...=259293#259293 that explains how I arrived at my Socionics type. From then on I've *mainly* used function descriptions and intertype relations to test my type. Thus far it appears to be confirmed. I know many warn against using intertype relations as a tool for self-typing, but I don't think I really over-use it. As for the types of others.. eh, depends really. Quite often I make guesses and test them against what I know of that person, what I know of other people I may have known before of that type (I think apart from perhaps INTj, I've known at least one person of every type, even if only casually. I may have known an INTj or two in the past though, but I wouldn't place my money on it), trying to work out what functions they're using (an example - a coworker of mine whom I've eventually decided upon ISFp for, I eventually concluded Si-ego because she seems to be pretty knowledgeable about health matters, willingly lives a healthy lifestyle, perhaps a few other things I'd considered at the time but no longer remember.. one thing I just thought of, which was after I typed her, she's mentioned before now she only takes each day as it comes and I've noticed the thought of thinking longer term seems to unsettle her somewhat), etc. etc.. Obviously I could be wrong about everything, having built up an erroneous database of types and ended up deceiving myself, but I haven't really found anything to contradict this.
    ILI (Indescribable Lovemaking Inc.)
    5w4 so/sx

"IP temperament! Because today's concerns are tomorrow's indifferences!"

Lord Fnorgle's Domain - A slowly growing collection of music, poetry and literature.
    Stickam music performances

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MBTI type was overwhelmingly INTP. When I discovered socionics I got the impression that all Ps must change to xxxjs. After that I was deciding between INTj and INTp. Basically I was not convinced of INTp, while I identified with most things I read about INTjs, both in descriptions and in functional preferences.. I also agreed with things in other profiles, but none as much as INTj.

Since then I have used information on intertype relations and temperament to confirm the type further. I have not looked much at the dichotomies.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I found my type through MBTI at first, and confirmed it later by the relationship descriptions of Socionics.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Kensington
    MBTI type was overwhelmingly INTP. When I discovered socionics I got the impression that all Ps must change to xxxjs. After that I was deciding between INTj and INTp.
    And this is still the most interesting thing about your type, Ms. Kensington. I have told you before that there are aspects of your type that are not indicative of INTj, and one have to wonder what you mean exactly when you say that your "type was overwhelmingly INTP". It is a general fact about the types that INTjs don't identify with being INTPs in MBTT. INTjs don't hesitate and have a hard time deciding whether they are INTjs or INTps, whereas INTps do exactly that (as pointed out by Ganin too, by the way). Real INTjs might hesitate between the types ENTj, ISTj, or perhaps ESTj, but they don't think that they might be INTps or INTPs. You have, at least in the past, described yourself in a way that indicate irrationality (P type) instead of rationality, and to my knowledge you haven't answered those objections in a convincing way. So, seen from my perspective, there is still a rather strong possibility that you are not an INTj, but perhaps an INTp. It is quite possible for INTps to identify rather strongly with INTj type descriptions, both in behaviour and functional preferences, and it is not impossible to interpret your type relations incorrectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Kensington
    Since then I have used information on intertype relations and temperament to confirm the type further. I have not looked much at the dichotomies.
    If you can decide with certainty that you have an IJ temperament and not an IP temperament, you have got your type. But the dichotomies must fit too.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky

TIM
    nil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that all the Internet Subculture would be INTp. That's why I believe that people towards to INTp (from MBTI) just for inertia. There's a lot of this guys... on the Internet, even they have a forum (intp central??)

TIM
    nil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loki
    LOLOL

Excelente!!!

TIM
    nil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm ENFp who want to be ISFp

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I started in MBTI where I came out as an INTP. The personality description was a near perfect match. The problem arose when I looked at the theory behind it. There was no chance of me having Fe as the weakest aspect of myself. It was close to nearly the strongest aspect of myself. I'm a master at it with my ability to manipulate people's mood and social dynamics. So I changed to INFJ which fit theoretically but not the personality descriptions. After finding socionics I looked at INFp which elegantly explained all the problems I had with MBTI. The Ti hidden/agenda was my INTP-ness and my Fe creative was my strong Fe-ness.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MBTI tests are a little off, aren't they? like socionics dichotomical tests should be more accurate, right?
    Definitely not. The socionic test are not, in any way, more accurate than MBTI tests. They have about the same accuracy. You can use the MBTI tests to determine your socionic type, since they are at least as good as the socionic tests in that respect.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by snegledmaca
    I started in MBTI where I came out as an INTP. The personality description was a near perfect match. The problem arose when I looked at the theory behind it. There was no chance of me having Fe as the weakest aspect of myself. It was close to nearly the strongest aspect of myself. I'm a master at it with my ability to manipulate people's mood and social dynamics. So I changed to INFJ which fit theoretically but not the personality descriptions. After finding socionics I looked at INFp which elegantly explained all the problems I had with MBTI. The Ti hidden/agenda was my INTP-ness and my Fe creative was my strong Fe-ness.
    That may be true. But if so you MUST fit the IEI type descriptions better than the ILI type descriptions. In the past you have indicated that that is not the case, and if you fit the ILI type descriptions better than the IEI type descriptions your are not an IEI. It is an absolute, and unconditional, requirement that you fit the type descriptions of your type better than those of other types. Otherwise you are necessarily mistyped.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus
    That may be true. But if so you MUST fit the IEI type descriptions better than the ILI type descriptions. In the past you have indicated that that is not the case, and if you fit the ILI type descriptions better than the IEI type descriptions your are not an IEI. It is an absolute, and unconditional, requirement that you fit the type descriptions of your type better than those of other types. Otherwise you are necessarily mistyped.
    You are not the authority, Phaedrus. No one asked for your typing advice here either, if you didn't notice.

What is up with those words in bold? Why do you think you are the one to make that determination?
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I found out my type from understanding the intertype relations.

After a crazy, sordid relationship I started searching for information on understanding relationships with ask jeeves (before google). I found the reationship descriptions on socionics.com and thought it described my experience accurately. From there I read about the four dichotomies, read about MBTI, other personality sites, etc. Eventually I concluded with LII for myself and SEE for the crazy girl. Determining my type was not the original intention; understanding relations was.

Years later when I heard about the forum here, some questioned me type. I completed the "multi-factor" test adminstered by the Lytov's and it reinforced my original conclusion. The Lytov's conclusion in order of likeyhood: LII, LIE, EIE.
    LII
    that is what i was getting at. if there is an inescapable appropriation that is required in the act of understanding, this brings into question the validity of socionics in describing what is real, and hence stubborn contradictions that continue to plague me.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom
    You are not the authority, Phaedrus. No one asked for your typing advice here either, if you didn't notice.

What is up with those words in bold? Why do you think you are the one to make that determination?
    If you don't have anything substantial to contribute to the discussion you could as well shut up, Slacker Mom. Your incompetence in this area is embarrasing.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're even more embarassing.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by discojoe
    Joy told me. At least, that's what I heard.

discojoe told me i was several things a long time ago, and then settled on me being infp

i myself, i go through all the functions and how each type that i have concidered being deal with those functions (IM elements) and then see which one fits me best, which combinations of IM elements seem to fit me best....and I look at my values, which elements I value most and the ones i despise etc
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

[21:29] hitta: idealism is just the gap between the thought of death
    [21:29] hitta: and not dying

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whoa... what's so wrong with pheadrus offering his opinion? I actually have no problem with him voicing his disagreement about my type. If fact, I kinda like that he disagrees with me. Bizarrely I feel validated because of it (And no this is not an insult to phaedrus. The moment nobody question or doubts me is the moment I become suspicious and begin to "lose my religion" and go against all I previously fought for). Besides, he isn't being disruptive. He's just mistaken. No, you do not have to fit the type descriptions of your type better than those of other types. Not necessarily.

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i would like to see a discussion of sneg's type. His general vibe, if it means anything, reminds me of Misutii, who claims that he is an Ni subtype INFp.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see no reason not to see them as IEI.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I always get IEI on Socionics tests, but others feel that my posts somehow reflect an IJ and Delta attitudes (except for one IEI poster who used to feel that I reminded her of herself. :wink: ). Then I started to post here more often and it became evident to others that I'm more likely an EII (even though there are still others who felt that I'm intentionally acting like one and had been too involved in this role).

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eunice
    I always get IEI on Socionics tests
    Do you know what makes you get IEI instead of EII?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    Quote Originally Posted by eunice
    I always get IEI on Socionics tests
    Do you know what makes you get IEI instead of EII?
    No, I just answer what I am.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Herzy
    Phaedrus, you do realize that you're 150,000 times worse than her, right?
    No, I don't realize that.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, you do not have to fit the type descriptions of your type better than those of other types. Not necessarily.
    Yes, you do necessarily have to fit the type descriptions of your type better than those of other types. But it is of course quite possible that you actually fit the IEI type descriptions better than the ILI type descriptions. The only problem with that is that you have yourself indicated on a few occasions that you fit both the INTP type desriptions in MBTT extremely well, and you also (but I might have misunderstood) fit the ILI type descriptions much better than the IEI type descriptions. Given those two assumptions, we can be certain that you are not an IEI, but it is of course impossible for me to tell whether you really fit the ILI type descritptions better or if you only think that you fit them better than the IEI descriptions.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, this post is almost sig-worthy.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, this post is almost sig-worthy.
    You're welcome.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This all started for me when....

A friend emailed me a myers-briggs test and I got ENFP. I thought the whole thing was dumb at first and sent my friend a silly quiz in response. The only thing i liked about it was that it said I was the same type as The Little Mermaid. Then I forgot about it.

Then my boss at work kept talking about how she was an INFJ (but I didn't know what that meant so googled it). Then I got all curious and kept googling. I suddenly really wanted to figure out what I was.

I started taking more quizzes and was getting INFP, but the description was way too dramatic. I kinda thought it'd be fun to be all deep and INFP-ish, but I'm just not like that. It was a relief to realize I'm ENFP.

But I still wondered if I could be ENFP because I was shy growing up and so assumed I was introverted. But I started reading what other ENFPs wrote. It always sounded like something I would write. Or I could easily relate to.

So then I found that the myers-briggs was matching me with ISTJs and I'm like "what? No. That can't be." So then I found how socionics matched them up. And then I was enthused and started talking about it all the time and annoying my friends and family

the end.
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know I am an INTj because I need to start ignoring the massive flood of inductive validation for the verdict I receive every minute to ever think otherwise. Seriously, is there any introvert on earth who can name the reason they know anything?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

can someone decode labcoat for me, please?
    Ask an ENTp.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast