Thread: Does anyone have an ENTp father?

TIM
    ILE-Ti
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Does anyone have an ENTp father?

If so how would you rate them........
    Suomea

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have an ILE pappy.

Would have to rate him well, given our intertype relation. Not too many misunderstandings between us.

He is a decent person in general. The mid-west/southern values he grew up with remain important to him.
    LII
    that is what i was getting at. if there is an inescapable appropriation that is required in the act of understanding, this brings into question the validity of socionics in describing what is real, and hence stubborn contradictions that continue to plague me.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sorry, my dad was the exact same temperment as me.

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mariano Rajoy
    He is a decent person in general. The mid-west/southern values he grew up with remain important to him.
    ENTp *and* southern? You're killing me <3

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anamericancer
    ENTp *and* southern? You're killing me <3
    Yeah I noticed that too. Personally, I have no patience for southern people. I am not trying to stereotype, but all of the people who are proud to call themselves southern, God-loving, Church-going republicans, annoy the hell out of me.

I am not saying it is bad to be southern, love God, go to church, or be republican.
    But it is annoying to be all four.
    That is me pappy. We disagree and argue on many things. Perhaps argue is not the right word; debate maybe.

He often says crazy things, like the U.S. should wipe out any one who opposes us. This usually comes when I shoot down/poke holes in his conservative notions. He attends a small rural church with an ILE pastor. They meet and talk about their crazy God ideas, and my father comes home and criticises things on television for not being Jesus enough. He was pissed at my little IEE brother when he came home with a tattoo because "the devil gets into you that way". It was somthing he and the other pastor came up with.

At least now his work is keeping him too busy to go to church, so the religious kick seems to be fading. Thank God.
    LII
    that is what i was getting at. if there is an inescapable appropriation that is required in the act of understanding, this brings into question the validity of socionics in describing what is real, and hence stubborn contradictions that continue to plague me.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, damn secedin sons a bitches. the only good southern people were the so-called 'galvanized yankee.' a group of confederate POWs that decided rather than fight for the union they would become unions soldiers in the mid-west and western regions that were spared from confederate conflict.

there's nothing wrong with southern people. but i think football is nearly an epidemic there.
    asd

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

'round these parts a '<3' means you like what was in the sentence it preceded..

TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have an ENTp father and overall I would say he was pretty good. Why?
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
    --Theodore Roosevelt

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    -- Mark Twain

"Man who stand on hill with mouth open will wait long time for roast duck to drop in."
    -- Confucius

TIM
    ILE-Ti
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbean
    I have an ENTp father and overall I would say he was pretty good. Why?
    Just was wondering....... have no idea whether I'll ever be stable enough for that.... but I'd like to be.
    Suomea