Formerly entitled: Why being an LSE is awesome, I changed this thread because I believe i am the only LSE here, so, I'll offer some insight into the type if I can.
"Why being an LSE is awesome"
This will be an on going list
- Being a guardian for quality. Pushing yourself and everyone you work with to make a better product, and have things go efficiently and smoothly. Who cares? The LSE cares. Something done so damn good it impresses you and everyone else? Si creative in action.
- This involves, as in my sig - one of my favorite things since coming to school: setting the tone right away, and not being afraid to do it. Initiative is a part of being ESTj, because it seems - honestly - when I do take initiative and set things going right, everything unfolds well, the quality is high, everything goes better. The worst is waiting and constantly having to be on the receiving end - it feels like total stagnation and a waste of my talents
- this is all related to a sense of duty. Doing something just for myself is.... shallow, self centered, not really appealing. But like... the sense of responsibility I get from being Hall President - it allows me to be more benevolent to all the people in my hall. Establish an attitude of care, support, concern, communication, productivity, etc. I want people to tell me what is going on and how they feel, so I realize I have to go out of my way to get to know people. I cannot make tons of friends (close friends, as I see it), but I can know people's names, faces. Doing something for them, to make the community better - that is nice.
- And having that feeling of doing it for someone or something allows making personal sacrifices easier. Of my own self I can do nothing, but for others I can become stronger, more noble, more altruistic -- especially if there is a need. Serving others makes me a better person.
- A unique disposition? It seems a lot like I am the only one really concerned about quality in the same way I am. INFjs are receptive, but my more laid back counterpart. The more I go, the more I see huge areas where I am needed to push for quality and be my natural self - facilitate quality production of things. Make things run as well as the should. Not be lazy, not be counter productive, not settle for low standards of quality, not "just not care about it". And people seem to appreciate whatever it is I bring - like it is some rare talent. While, all the while, I have been wondering -- what is going on, why don't people feel the same way about this that I do? So understanding this, and understanding people need me to be that way - it is an awesome thing.
I haven't even gotten into INFjs much, particularly as my dual... that's coming.