Thread: my subtype

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default my subtype

i posted this at socionix as a test to see what the hell the socionix brain trust, as it were, would say. apparently they regard subtypes as a very important facet of their routine bastardizations of the theory. to make a long story short: nobody answered me.

so, for those of you who are confident in the existence and importance of subtypes: what is my subtype and why.

feel free to tell me that i'm something other than ILI, but if you can't do except in the dioklecian manner, don't.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've met a couple of ILI's in my life, and you remind me of the Logical subtype because:

- your arrogance
    - self assuredness
    - your (sometimes) use of offensive language
    - similarity's seen in posts of DRD525 (or something like that). He's an ILI logical too.
    - the Intuitive subtypes I know are more kind, nearly gay.

My own avoidence of offensive language will probably only strengthen your believe even further that I'm not an ILI-logical.
    But there's a reason for it, I stopped doing that because I only kept making enemy's on forums.

I've also seen some differences in the subtypes which could be usefull to check:

Do you like to go to the club (and drink a lot)?
    Do you like seeing Jackass movies?
    What do you like about music, the patterns they hide or just the nice melody's?
    What kind of music do you like?
    Do you like art, statues and paintings?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you obviously know that i am extremely skeptical of any diagnoses you make because i've seen so many of them that make no sense at all. nonetheless, i will answer these basic questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno
    Do you like to go to the club (and drink a lot)?
    i am too young to be able to do this legally. nonetheless, the answer would probably be no.

Do you like seeing Jackass movies?
    no, those movies are incredibly stupid.

What do you like about music, the patterns they hide or just the nice melody's?
    What kind of music do you like?
    right now i'm listening to khachturian's 2nd symphony. i primarily listen to classical music, but my listening to jazz is not an entirely uncommon occurrence. sometimes i enjoy listen ing to noise that i have enough knowledge to classify only as popular music, but i absolutely detest certain forms of music with absolutely no lyrical qualities, notably rap and other things like heavy metal.

i enjoy music both for patterns and melodies. there are without question short phrases that get stuck in my head which i enjoy listening to over and over (an example; i've probably listened to beethoven's ninth symphony 2nd movement more times than any other single piece just because of its cleverly interwoven melodic lines). however, my musical tastes are more varied; i enjoy listening to an entire classical or jazz ensemble and identifying what's happening when there are a lot of things going on, for example in anything by composers such as bartok, dvorak, or stravinsky.

Do you like art, statues and paintings?
    for the most part i find visual art to be of no interest whatsoever.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17
    you obviously know that i am extremely skeptical of any diagnoses you make because i've seen so many of them that make no sense at all. nonetheless, i will answer these basic questions.
    Always feel free to give me some usefull critisism, I'm here to learn.

But your own diagnose of me being an LII didn't make much sense either. :wink:

Surprisingly your answers to the questions were all, except the last one, pointing directly towards the intuitive type. Especially the music. Although it's ofcourse questionable how relevant it really is regarding subtype.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

why do those answers suggest Ni subtype?

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

why do those answers suggest Ni subtype?
    I once had a conversation with an ILI -Intuitive in real life. We discussed a lot of things and noticed some striking differences.

What he told me about his choice and reason for music, was nearly an exact copy of what you have written in your answer. Really a remarkable resemblence even in word choice.

He also didn't know what was funny about Jackass. He called it something like: "a useless purpose"

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so you base your entire diagnosis on the viewpoint of one individual, who, in your estimation, was ILI-Ni.

i'll pass.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was just giving one example. We have to start with reasoning, trying to meet 100 ILI's is too difficult...

Regarding the subtype descriptions, you have the intuitive philosopher, who ofcourse is more inclined to classical pieces with patterns etc, and you've got the Logical type leaning more towards action/humor which suits me perfectly and you to a lesser degree.

What subtype do you think you are?

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by anamericancer
    i'll pass.
    Because you have so many other options...
    lol burn

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd peg you as a LII. Somehow I get the feeling that if we met you'd complement me in a Ti - Fe way. But I have never met somebody whom I would type as ILI so...

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What subtype do you think you are?
    i don't know. i'm not sure that subtypes even exist.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

fwiw, i really don't care for subtyping much. i'll make a quick dx based on descriptions entirely, anyway.

from here

1) utilisator

A practical and hard-working person, a dodger that deviates from any useless activity. Tries to derive benefit from anything, does not tolerate any wastes - everything should be used somehow. Loves companies, friends, good cuisine. He has a well developed sense of humour and is able to get on with his associates. He is externally elegant, sociable, however it is slightly slack.

2) contradictor

He is ascetic, loves to grumble and to emphasize imperfection, searches for a good opponent. May criticize even with some biliousness. Contradictors oftenly experience difficulties in communicating with the others. They are usually people of a great erudition and have an excellent memory, but like going into unnecessary details. They may be scientists, theorists that devote themselves to fundamental developments, sensing socioeconomic tendencies as well. Using analogies they frequently may predict the trend of some process. He is often careless and negligent and doesn’t watch over his health.
    more you.

PHILOSOPHER

Intuitive subtype appears by the calm, balanced, even sluggish person. Motions are smooth and are leisurely. It is internally shy, but he tries to hide this under the mask of irony. It is tactful, polite, punctilious. He tries in the conversation to avoid straightness and criticism. It is affable and amiable, but rarely it smiles. It is frequently something it is depressed, dissatisfied. It is internally very touchy, contradictory even we wound, although this tries not to demonstrate. From this it is frequently in the poor arrangement of spirit. Second reason - health status. It discusses its problems with the strangers not frequently, it is held with the people on the distance, it is sufficiently reserved. It loves to converse, to tell anything. It possesses a good descriptive thinking, much reads or reflects. Sometimes - it is high, thin and round-shouldered, sometimes - it is slender, but it is always important-looking. Gait and motions are smooth, only being swung.

EXPERT

Logical subtype produces the impression of confident in itself, sober-minded and reasonable person. It sometimes seems haughty, mocking. It is usually amiable, frequently it smiles, but smile seems monotonous, that thickened. It possesses a feeling of humor and a critical turn of mind. It is skeptical, ironic and distrustful. He tries to be polite and therefore it does not always voice aloud its thoughts and observations. Entire constantly is subjected to the analysis. It entrusts more to numbers and facts, than to precocious conclusions. A good innovator, knows how to isolate the main thing and to leave from the matters useless from his point of view. More frequently there is plumpish and thickset; however, gait usually rapid, and motion goal-directed and decisive. It can gesticulate, it occurs irregular, impulsive, but it is usually held solidly, with the calm merit.

logical sub seems more accurate here, but neither are really blowing wind up my skirt.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The contradictor description sounds intuitive?

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If the INTp-Te is like the description of the "expert" and the INTp-Ni is like the description of the "philosopher," then I would think you seem more INTp-Te...

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I flipped a coin - niffweed is a Te subtype.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Subterranean
    I flipped a coin - niffweed is a Te subtype.
    thank you. thats exactly the kind of helpful feedback i was looking for.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

...but...and it is a big butt...some parts of the Ni subtype description fit you as well, such as:

It is tactful, polite, punctilious. He tries in the conversation to avoid straightness and criticism. It is affable and amiable, but rarely it smiles.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

aside from the sentence about criticism, which is totally misguided, that might fit me better IRL than it might let on here.

parts of that particularly description are scarily accurate and i would strongly emphasize the importance of the following: "It is internally shy, but he tries to hide this under the mask of irony... It is frequently something it is depressed, dissatisfied. It is internally very touchy, contradictory even we wound, although this tries not to demonstrate. From this it is frequently in the poor arrangement of spirit."

from that, however, to confirm a particular subtype... i can't help but wonder.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Both subtypes for each type seem very similar to each other - you think you relate to one part of a subtype, but then there is an almost identical part in the other subtype description.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

precisely. it does no wonders for the credibility of the descriptions.

TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You seem to emphasize on Te more than most ILI I know.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
    --Theodore Roosevelt

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    -- Mark Twain

"Man who stand on hill with mouth open will wait long time for roast duck to drop in."
    -- Confucius

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbean
    You seem to emphasize on Te more than most ILI I know.
    i think i know the answer already, but humor me. please elaborate.

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're pompous and think that you're one of those big shot guys who is oh so witty.. this is why you are Te

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux
    You're pompous and think that you're one of those big shot guys who is oh so witty.. this is why you are Te
    if anything, this is probably a good beta NF perspective.

nonetheless, exactly what does this sort of idea have to do with being a Te subtype? is it merely a matter of being "further" from beta that suggests this to you, or is there something actually about Te itself that suggests arrogance?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The contradictor description sounds intuitive?
    yes, it sounds intuitive to me, as well!
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd say logical subtype.

Reasons -- your most visible characteristic is a near-zero concern for, or understanding of, Fe. Assuming that as Te goes up Fe goes down, that would mean that your Fe is at a minimum. Another way of putting exactly the same thing is to say that you have a maximum of construct-creating behavior.

Also, if I were to think you are mistyped, I think it's much, much more likely that you are a mistyped ISTp than INFp. You as ISTp? Possibly. As INFp? Hardly.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!