View Poll Results: What is Rush Limbaugh's socionics type?

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • ILE (ENTp)

0 0%
  • SEI (ISFp)

0 0%
  • ESE (ESFj)

0 0%
  • LII (INTj)

0 0%
  • SLE (ESTp)

0 0%
  • IEI (INFp)

0 0%
  • EIE (ENFj)

0 0%
  • LSI (ISTj)

0 0%
  • SEE (ESFp)

0 0%
  • ILI (INTp)

0 0%
  • LIE (ENTj)

0 0%
  • ESI (ISFj)

0 0%
  • IEE (ENFp)

0 0%
  • SLI (ISTp)

0 0%
  • LSE (ESTj)

0 0%
  • EII (INFj)

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Rush Limbaugh

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Rush Limbaugh

I heard him briefly on the radio this morning. What type might he be?

Here're a couple of pictures, for those who like such things, and some quotes from last week's show:

"The problem with the world is not America. The problem with the world is the lack of equal distribution of capitalism, and it's just that simple."

"Michelle Obama says that her husband does stink in the mornings. Did you see this? The kids can't come over and get in bed with him because he stinks! So Joe Biden was wrong about him being clean. He's still articulate, of course."

"Did you know that the Breck Girl -- John Edwards -- has never been to Iraq? I know why -- can you imagine the effect of the climate over there on his hair? He'll send his wife before he goes!"

"By the way, you know that recent thwarted Islamofascist plot to blow up our air bases in Germany? You know how we thwarted it? The spy program -- intercepted phone calls. Gasp!"

"It seems you can have all kinds of deranged, insane, lunatic liberal political commentators on NBC's Sunday night pre-game NFL show. My, how things change! The pioneers take the arrows, folks."

"Anybody who bought one of the early iPhones is going to get a $100 credit at the Apple store. So now I have $4,000 in credits coming from the Apple store! I think I'm going to buy some more iPhones."

"What do you bet that train Norman Hsu was on was headed to the Minneapolis airport?"

"John Kerry, who served in Vietnam, said that the new report on Iraqi security forces shows that the Bush administration's Iraq policy is failing. I just love it, ladies and gentlemen, when losers declare us losers."

"What happened in Philadelphia in 1776 was a miracle. Divine inspiration had to have been there. The principles may be bigger than the men who wrote them down, but they did write them."

"The details of the Bin Laden tape have been released. Now, this is a hoot; folks, it is a liberal rant! He blames the US for global warming!"
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

Creepy-bg

I really don't like that guy

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat
    I really don't like that guy
    Ok, that's fine. I'm not asking for likes and dislikes, agreements or disagreements, I'm asking for opinions on his type.

EDIT: If we want to start discussing things like that, I think it would best go in Anything Goes. No offense to you, Bionic.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

Creepy-bg

me not liking him could be used for typing purposes

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat
    me not liking him could be used for typing purposes
    True... I'll give you that. I'm not really worried about you making a mess of my thread, other types of people are more likely to do that. It's just that he and the things he talks about can inspire all sorts of heated debate that, in this context, would hinder rather than help me, and I wanted to head it off at the pass, so to speak. You just happened to be the first person to look like he might possibly be going in that direction, so you got the pleasure of my initial reprimand.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My first choice is ESTp.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Creepy-bg

nah... I never go further than stating my initial like, dislike, she's hot, she's not in these types of threads (unless it's somebody I know appreciates derailment) don't worry about it from me. (I get your point though )

[/hijack]

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr
    Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    My first choice is ESTp.
    ENFj maybe? ESTp might just be a act.
    Which type is more likely to be found with illegal prescription drugs?
    SLI/ISTp -- Te subtype

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by force my hand
    If you're being serious - Si?

If you're not - I already talked a little with Bionicgoat about this, but perhaps you didn't read that part. I welcome your constructive and helpful input.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Minde
    If you're being serious - Si?

If you're not - I already talked a little with Bionicgoat about this, but perhaps you didn't read that part. I welcome your constructive and helpful input.
    I am, of course, being entirely serious. Yes, ma'am!

/moustache
    SLI/ISTp -- Te subtype

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A little bit more material:

Videos of him at various times in his career -

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjlKF5WUX-4[/youtube]
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bom-8p7L0Qk[/youtube]
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAINHwhX-y4[/youtube]
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHPm_TEQ0PA[/youtube]

Some more short quotes from earlier this week -

"Liberals don't think they hate the country. They actually think they love it, but they have a perverted view of patriotism."

"To hell with just throwing Larry Craig under the bus! The Democrats are throwing the whole country under the bus! This naked, irrational, desperate move for power at all costs is just as unseemly as anything I can recall in politics."

"Remember saccharin? 'Ooh, it causes cancer! Get it off the market!' That movement destroyed Tab -- which deserved to be destroyed because that stuff was horrible."

"At my first Super Bowl in person they said on the PA system that there was going to be a flyover of Navy jets. Then those jets flew over... I stood up and started pounding my buddy or the shoulder: 'Damn it, Ed! How in the world can you be a Democrat after seeing that?'"

"Kathleen Willey says the manuscript for her book to be published in November has been stolen. As I've said countless times, where the Clintons are involved, there is no coincidence."

"You liberal Seahawk fans need to get lives. Do you know how many NFL players I know love Democrats? It hasn't destroyed my love for the game! I knew there was a reason your team lost to the Steelers in the Super Bowl."

"President Bush said that he has accepted an invitation from president Hu Jintao to attend the 2008 summer Olympics in Beijing. Maybe while he's there he can get Hu to help him find Norman Hsu."

"As you know, I'm a nominee for the Nobel Peace Prize, and the winner of the 2007 Nobel Peace Prize will be announced in Oslo on October 12th. It is showdown time, ladies and gentlemen."

"The president was in Anbar, which the Democrats said six months ago was proof we lost the war. I'm telling you, folks: if any of you ever vote for the Democrats with national security on the table, you deserve whatever lack of protection you get."

"These liberals are becoming more and more incomprehensible. It's not enough just to laugh at them now; something more is required.... like deportation or something."

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've always assumed that type of person to be ESTj. YMMV.
    SLI/ISTp -- Te subtype

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am, of course, being entirely serious. Yes, ma'am!

/moustache
    ... *suspicious* Thank you.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Minde
    "You liberal Seahawk fans need to get lives. Do you know how many NFL players I know love Democrats? It hasn't destroyed my love for the game! I knew there was a reason your team lost to the Steelers in the Super Bowl."
    lol

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

He reminds me of a political science teacher that I had. I liked him, though he acted the same way but it didn't make me scared of him if anything it makes me want to fight with them more because I view it was a challenge to boost my own self-confidence.

Now to be honest, I don't agree with his views, but his personality. Hmm. Well it's arrogant that's for sure, but come to think of it, if we had more liberals that acted this way and could be tough, we probably wouldn't have hired chicken shite George in the first place. I agree with him that people on my side can be spineless wimps, but that doesn't make him right. "WAAAH I'M A VEGETERIAN THE POOR WIDDLE ANIMALS. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHH." Dude just because you're like that doesn't mean you have to be so fuckin' emo. In return he's like a fat ass Cartman that makes fun of everything. "Oh the sky is blue so I'll rip on the sky being blue."

You have to understand, is that people like Rush Lard-ass ....people emulate him for being a 'strong republican man.' It's not so much what he says it's that he has the confidence to be strong no matter how idiotic his beliefs are. That's why people hate democrats because they don't seem to stand up for ANYTHING. "I'm for gay marriage! No I'm not, well you see.... we all should just play nice and get along. It's okay gays if you never really had your rights." I suppose I'd rather be flatly hated against then somebody be condescendingly sweet to me. Clinton's heart has always been in the right place to me though. I love me some Clintons.

Though he had issues with drugs in the past and turned out to be a hypocrite. He's probably into gay sex too. Guys who act like that usually are, though they love to play the 'tops' only.

He was probably jealous in college of the more laid-back and calmer artistic guys getting lots of pussy, so he felt he had to be obnoxious because he thought women wanted them or something. He seems REALLY insecure, like he never found his dual his entire life. He frequently uses 'frat boy humor' and never seemed like he grew up much at all. There's a funny comic out there called 'Rush Limbaugh eats everything.'

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BulletsAndDoves, could you explain to me how your second post could be seen as helping determine Mr. Limbaugh's socionic type?

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've always assumed that type of person to be ESTj. YMMV.
    Then you've got the wrong idea about ESTjs.

He's assertive, even aggressive, both in what he says and how he says it, as well as body language. That means at least as quadra value, and probably even as ego function. So Beta or Gamma at least.

His temperament is clearly EJ or EP - he's restless or impulsive, nor calm or relaxed. Extrovert, not introvert.

So ESTp, ENFj, ENTj, ESFp. I think he's more EP than EJ as well.

His arguments in themselves may not always make sense, but he tries to persuade people by being "assertively argumentative" - by presenting facts, or supposed facts, in an assertive manner. He does not try to raise people's emotions by being emotional himself. The only emotions he seems to display is a sort of "people are stupid and I'm right" contemptuous impatience with sarcasm.

So, he uses + and/or , but little or . So, he's a logical type.

Between ESTp and ENTj, I think he's more EP than EJ, and more than the average ENTj.

So, ESTp.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

BulletsAndDoves, could you explain to me how your second post could be seen as helping determine Mr. Limbaugh's socionic type?
    What's the point? People on here are just going to assume he's a fucking ESTp just because he's a damn bully. I tried to defend him a bit, but it was hopeless.

His viewpoints are so outrageous and intellectually bankrupt he makes a caricature out of himself and the "far-right", that's why he's so hard to type. He has effectively '******-ized' himself in that way. So to be perfectly honest with you, I just have no clue. I just think the 'Rush Limbaugh Eats Everything' comic strip is hilarious.

His personality is obviously fake. He never made me angry/uncomfortable/horny (well the cigar thing is kinda hot) in the slightest, or 'brought me to action' he just made me laugh. I did enjoy his Michael J. Fox impression actually, as asshole-ish as it was... Really, how can we take a Rush Limbaugh seriously enough to type? I don't get it.

Now Mel Gibson I DO think has effective because he makes me FURIOUS with some of the anti-gay things he says. Rush does the same type of behavior but it's too 'Cartman/Howard Stern-ish' for me to take that seriously. Mel Gibson is actually SERIOUS about hating gays, jews, and women. Oh dear. Maybe Rush tries to be, but I just don't feel it that way at all.

Put it this way. Expat is a lot more effective at being assertive/intimidating/whatever than rush Limpdickfucker, and so does everybody on this forum. Does that mean we all have leading ? Anybody can act like a caricature, but it does nothing for us as far as real typings go.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, maybe you're right, but if he's fake, then I don't know. I try to analyse what I see. If his whole personality is so fake as to mask the real one, then *shrug* all bets are off.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

type: windbag.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze
    type: windbag.
    Minde's gunna yell at you.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

extx, eliminating entp, and also don't think there is a strong case for estj, but i think we will see a lot of people supposing it. what a fuckhead.

http://www.judiciaryreport.com/images/Rush-Limbaugh.jpg

i really love how in his photoshoot photos he tries to convey himself as an important business man. I trust people in suits!
    asd

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESTp, ESTj, maybe ENFj, with a remote possibility of ENTj were the suggestions previously.

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

some Ej Prolly ESTj
    The end is nigh

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anybody remember this? I do.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1627887

October 1, 2003, 7:09 PM ET Limbaugh's comments touch off controversy

ESPN.com news services

PHILADELPHIA -- Donovan McNabb has been to three straight Pro Bowls and two consecutive NFC championship games, and was runner-up for NFL MVP in his first full season as a starter.

Still, commentator Rush Limbaugh saw fit to question the quarterback's credentials.

Before McNabb led the Philadelphia Eagles to a 23-13 victory over the Buffalo Bills, Limbaugh said on ESPN's "Sunday NFL Countdown" that McNabb is overrated. However, Limbaugh injected his comment with racial overtones that have set off a controversy.

"Sorry to say this, I don't think he's been that good from the get-go," Limbaugh said. "I think what we've had here is a little social concern in the NFL. The media has been very desirous that a black quarterback do well. There is a little hope invested in McNabb, and he got a lot of credit for the performance of this team that he didn't deserve. The defense carried this team."

ESPN released an official statement Wednesday night.

"Although Mr. Limbaugh today stated that his comments had 'no racist intent whatsoever,' we have communicated to Mr. Limbaugh that his comments were insensitive and inappropriate. Throughout his career, he has been consistent in his criticism of the media's coverage of a myriad of issues," the statement read.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

when his big bald head forced its way into my sphere of vision, i thought he looked ESTj, but also could be ENFj in these pics. (someone deleted their pic before I posted this?)

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And fwiw I think he's ENTj
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

notice the camaraderie
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, the democrats did that bad stuff to the native americans. + 1, ann.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    ISXj
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eh, he looks delta to me. ESTj?
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves.
    John Muir

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Having to listen to him extensively every single time my dad drives when we're headed somewhere I always wanted to pin him as an ENFj. His rhetoric seems heavy on the Fe in a way that I think is very nuanced and close to the pulse of his audience. The way he constructs arguments seems to approach a Ti format but then he effusively detonates on emotional undertones that seem to pull him away from a strictly logical assessment. I would say Se/Ni for sure and very intelligent and good at what he does. That's about as objective as I can get about who he is while also noting that no one immediately comes to mind that repels me as vehemently and viscerally as he does. This is not simply because we have different political views. It has a lot to do with how he approaches debate and argument, although there are other issues I have with him as well.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post
    Having to listen to him extensively every single time my dad drives when we're headed somewhere I always wanted to pin him as an ENFj. His rhetoric seems heavy on the Fe in a way that I think is very nuanced and close to the pulse of his audience. The way he constructs arguments seems to approach a Ti format but then he effusively detonates on emotional undertones that seem to pull him away from a strictly logical assessment. I would say Se/Ni for sure and very intelligent and good at what he does. That's about as objective as I can get about who he is while also noting that no one immediately comes to mind that repels me as vehemently and viscerally as he does. This is not simply because we have different political views. It has a lot to do with how he approaches debate and argument, although there are other issues I have with him as well.
    lol, yes My dad does that too.

Ashton has him typed as ESFj, and I could see that also.

I think he's Si/Ne though
    The end is nigh

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bump