Thread: IEIs/INFps laughng at SLE's casual commentary

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Somehow I knew what this topic was going to be all about once I read the first few words... oh you SLEs - honestly you are just making us IEIs laugh by being yourselves. I know some SLEs and without even trying, they'll say something in such a way that comes off to me as absolutely hilarious ... I can't really explain off the top of my head right now for real life examples but .. hmm, it's just the way you guys say things. It can be so forceful sometimes, but in a funny way, like your thing about weather, you might say something variating from "It's fucking HOT out here" but obviously wording it in a different way, the main point is that I noticed SLEs tend to be very dramatic with their statements, as if they are final and very important in some way... like life or death. It's sooo funny! I love how serious SLEs can get though, it makes me crack up so much. I knew this one SLE in front of me in last year's Bio class.. omg, everything he said was like comedy gold for me but most people just found him a braggart/annoying.

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Yo can an INFp please explain this shit to me?

Quote Originally Posted by Herzy
    Off the top of my head, I can think of four consistent INFp friends that I have (three males, one female). Now, with every single one of them, I'll just pass off some random comment that I perceive as being nothing out of the ordinary, and they'll all just start CRACKING UP. Like, I'll say something that's barely more noteworthy than discussing the weather, but I still get the same reaction. I got kind of used to this after a while, but today, I go up to one of the guys, say like two words, and he just bursts into laughter for about ten seconds straight. WTF?

What am I doing to trigger this? I have a feeling that it's just me being stupid and them laughing at me because of it. Do any of you INFps have experience with this and/or reasons as for why it's happening?

(By the way, I partially created this thread just because it's been giving me a real big ego boost and stuff, especially considering that two of the guys are quite hot, actually. It's not like I want it to stop any time soon.)
    Depends how you're delivering it, what's occurring around and in my mind at that *particular* time. Random comments just strike me as gut-busting hilarious sometimes. Sometimes I'll laugh so hard that my eyes will start tearing and my stomach will hurt. Don't worry, it's not them laughing at you. That would be just heartless. More likely some internal gauge just tripped and the comment was just timed perfectly to kick off the hebephrenia. I suspect INFps are just susceptible to giggling fits that don't really have any logical explanation...

Just be pleased that you're driving an INFp to laughter, cause it's not generally commonplace with most people. Tis a wonderful thing when I can laugh myself silly for no reason!
    socio: INFp - IEI
    ennea: 4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Twain
    Only kings, presidents, editors, and people with tapeworms have the right to use the editorial 'we'.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yup, everything they^^ said.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's a good sign. It means they like you.

This is one of those things that gives INFps their stoner reputation - they'll just start laughing randomly at random stuff: "Bwahahahahahahahaha!!! You said 'chocoholic!' Hahahahahaha! *sighs* That's classic. Aha."
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
    -- Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haha. that's funny.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Poke smot everyone, it's good.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm trying out Beta.

I often laugh at situations. And things that people say often remind me of something amusing, and I might start laughing about that. Anyway sometimes people think I'm laughing at them and get self-conscious about it. But I never mean to make someone feel self-conscious... I just find lots of things amusing. Also when I laugh at something someone said, or about something they did, it usually means I like them, because I feel comfortable enough with them to open up around them. So if I were to guess, I'd think it means they love you.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by introspectivedolphin
    It means they trust you. -high five-

I get a random urge to laugh at random things all the time, but I've learned to develop "laughter suppression" because I got tired of all the weird looks.
    I suppress my laughter at random things all the time. I almost always smile with a closed mouth, partly to control the laughter/amusement.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What am I doing to trigger this? I have a feeling that it's just me being stupid and them laughing at me because of it.
    I don't know about other IEI BUT I have to work hard in order to perceive an SLE stupid... and almost every time I perceive them silly first and only after pondering maybe stupid. I don't think I'll intuitively perceive a SLE stupid so... no fast perception.

As for the trigger.... I have a very rich inner world, lots of things passing through my mind... and it doesn't take much to make me burst.... if the wording is right! Sometime the particular choice of words or the way they relate will trigger some kind of funny image in my mind and maybe if I laugh it won't be because of the words the SLE said but due to that image.

Another factor to consider is physical attraction... A sexy SLE doesn't have to say anything to make me smile... it's by default.
    "What is love?"
    "The total absence of fear," said the Master.
    "What is it we fear?"
    "Love," said the Master.

I chose Love

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Off the top of my head, I can think of four consistent INFp friends that I have (three males, one female). Now, with every single one of them, I'll just pass off some random comment that I perceive as being nothing out of the ordinary, and they'll all just start CRACKING UP. Like, I'll say something that's barely more noteworthy than discussing the weather, but I still get the same reaction. I got kind of used to this after a while, but today, I go up to one of the guys, say like two words, and he just bursts into laughter for about ten seconds straight. WTF?

What am I doing to trigger this? I have a feeling that it's just me being stupid and them laughing at me because of it. Do any of you INFps have experience with this and/or reasons as for why it's happening?

(By the way, I partially created this thread just because it's been giving me a real big ego boost and stuff, especially considering that two of the guys are quite hot, actually. It's not like I want it to stop any time soon.)
    Alright, they sound alot like me
    In my case, the certain word would likely trigger a funny scenario in my head, thus making me cracketh up

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It usually happens with me...my friends think I say funny stuff, my boss...family.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Possibility #1: You have a blunt and colourful way of wording things that can make a discussion on the weather quite out of the ordinary. Or maybe it's your tone.

Possibility #2: You're too predictable, and they're laughing because they imagined you saying/doing X seconds before you acted out their fantasies in reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Baby
    It's a good sign. It means they like you.

This is one of those things that gives INFps their stoner reputation - they'll just start laughing randomly at random stuff: "Bwahahahahahahahaha!!! You said 'chocoholic!' Hahahahahaha! *sighs* That's classic. Aha."
    Yeah. Also, an ESTp making fun of someone else's (ESTj, yeah!) penis sends me into laughing fits that lasts for minutes.
    “I think, therefore I'll think" - Ayn Rand (ESTp, UR GUARDIAN ANGEL)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol i think i know what you are talking about. you estps just give off this vibe that makes me think you are so clueless on how domineering you are.

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by plantrootz
    lol i think i know what you are talking about. you estps just give off this vibe that makes me think you are so clueless on how domineering you are.
    LMAO ... that's exactly it!
    To SLEs, it comes so naturally that sometimes they don't even realize how they are appearing to others ... personally, I love that domineering attitude but some people get really annoyed by how loud and aggressive it seems. But to me, it's just very amusing and endearing. :wink:

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari