Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Are ENFps just fakes?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    ENFPs

Don't think you have heard anything MySaviour said. Good thing to stop defending and start listening---truth might be there.
    Are you the same person that started this thread?

If so, then you should reveal yourself..
    thing.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Er, maybe this thread should be renamed enfp-intj supervision relations . . .
    Entp
    ILE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kim
    As for explanations for the true motives behind the actions of ENFPs (since you all imply that I am off), I would love to hear them. A foray into the mental state, so I don't have to keep going on situations and experiences and reading between the lines, would be absolutely wonderful. Why don't you all share something, of yourselves, so there can be some real information processing? I mean.. I heard a sentence of truth from an ENFP once, but it came after an exhaustive quarrel. If thats what I have to do to hear what is really going on, then its just not worth it, man! How about you deliver it as easy as you'd put across your "niceness," so I can start enjoying an ENFPs company, rather than trying to figure out how to get them the freak away from me.
    Well, for starters there was once a whole bunch of questions regarding emotions (a huge part of the whole problem) that you posted in another thread and to which I replied. That was one example of an ENFp's inner world . Somewhere in Alpha. There is much in Delta for you to read about ENFps and their motivations, struggles and needs. If you read through what's already here and still don't get it, it's hopeless. I, for one, concur with Schroedinger's Cat and refuse to put myself out there to be talked down by someone who is apparently seeking answers after all (see quote above), but shows no effort whatsoever with regards to upholding a potentially insightful conversation. Spare me a deconstruction of this paragraph, please. Just read around and if you still really want to know, I will be happy to engange in a conversation. And I mean conversation.
    Kim, its hopeless. I'm just gonna move forward to other things. As for theoretical knowledge about ENFPs, I know alot more than I'll get credit for.. I was looking to compare. There is still no understanding here, IMO, and its now that much harder to blame it on my communication skills. But as you will.
    thing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just to clear things up, i wasnt trying to attack joelark at all, i think everything he has said is valid up to a point, and theres definatly a lot i have learned from this thread concerning how i can relate to other people, i was just suggesting that maybe for his own personal benifit he could look into some of the things in his past that maybe he hasnt dealt w/, i think i came off as kind of attacking before, and for that i am sorry

so, let this be a formal appology if i have offended anyone w/ my previous post
    Last edited by silke; 01-24-2014 at 03:37 AM. Reason: edited out spam link

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As an an ENFp, I can safely say I wouldn't *want* to be around MySaviour. People who take things so seriously make me depressed.

Bring on the ESFPs.
    ENFP - Ethical Subtype.
    In touch with semireality.

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

[/quote]Kim, its hopeless. I'm just gonna move forward to other things. As for theoretical knowledge about ENFPs, I know alot more than I'll get credit for.. I was looking to compare. There is still no understanding here, IMO, and its now that much harder to blame it on my communication skills. But as you will.[/quote]

Haha, MySaviour. You're a good laugh.

I realised, that you felt invaded by the curiosity of the ENFPs...

Have you noticed, that this is similiar to the same way you're mentally invading, through an invasion of thought...

It's just the same in reverse.

ENFP's can be a little flirtatious sometimes. If you don't cut them off properly... or unlink them. Then yeah, maybe you'll run into issues.

Everyone finds that sometimes, people that just don't interest them, seem fascinated and interested in them. They want to touch you, adore you, and play with you. And you'd just wish they'd go away.

When it comes down to touch .. I feel like it's within my rights to touch them back. If they feel like it's okay to touch me, I feel like it's okay to move their hands behind their backs. And from that stance I can ask them to discontinue such actions.

Sure, it can come across as an overaction to some people. But it works.

Have you tried learning to be more assertive. Can you use tones in your voice, to communicate discontentness? Or do you just look sad?

I'm interested, in how it is that the ENFP's are being seen as defensive. As I see you being more emotional about this than them. And in a rather arrogant, why does no-one take me seriously way.

Creepy-ENFPerator

As I see you being more emotional about this than them.

Now that's REALLY interesting, because I thought INTps don't like to be more emotional than others.

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ENFPerator
    As I see you being more emotional about this than them.

Now that's REALLY interesting, because I thought INTps don't like to be more emotional than others.
    Well, I don't know how this will be taken. But I don't see ENFP's as being that emotional.

Sure - they're emotional. But it's easier to follow. It makes more sense. And they're not emotionally "pointy".

Their emotions flow well enough, and are clean enough, that it's easy for me to take.

Whereas ENFJ's ..

Yes,

Well, ENFJ's I focus on ACTION... and I kind of just try and keep firm ..

Because the emotional presure. It tries to throw me off, and if I go off.. then I can get angry, and aggressive. And ENFJ's can make a big deal out of this. And act like a victim.

Even though it was their emotional aggression that hit me (:

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze
    Er, maybe this thread should be renamed enfp-intj supervision relations . . .
    Joel is INTp. No supervision anywhere to be seen. Just a prime example of questionable communication skills...
    Oh.
    Entp
    ILE

Creepy-ENFPerator

Quote Originally Posted by mercutio

Well, I don't know how this will be taken. But I don't see ENFP's as being that emotional.

Sure - they're emotional. But it's easier to follow. It makes more sense. And they're not emotionally "pointy".

Their emotions flow well enough, and are clean enough, that it's easy for me to take.

Whereas ENFJ's ..

Yes,

Well, ENFJ's I focus on ACTION... and I kind of just try and keep firm ..

Because the emotional presure. It tries to throw me off, and if I go off.. then I can get angry, and aggressive. And ENFJ's can make a big deal out of this. And act like a victim.

Even though it was their emotional aggression that hit me (:
    I know little about INTps. This is exactly the the type of information I'm interested in. Thanks!

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Kim, its hopeless. I'm just gonna move forward to other things. As for theoretical knowledge about ENFPs, I know alot more than I'll get credit for.. I was looking to compare. There is still no understanding here, IMO, and its now that much harder to blame it on my communication skills. But as you will.
    You are looking to compare? Earlier you wanted insight into motives. Earlier you commented on my explanations, all the while tediously pointing out that I just don't get it.

What exactly is it?

a) You want to point out why ENFps annoy you without any feedback? Ok, done.
    b) You want to know how to get the off your back? Well, I don't know. I don't know why they are after you. Personally, I don't attach myself to random INTps.
    Or is it this:
    As for explanations for the true motives behind the actions of ENFPs (since you all imply that I am off), I would love to hear them. A foray into the mental state, so I don't have to keep going on situations and experiences and reading between the lines, would be absolutely wonderful.
    Why would I let you into the mental state of an ENFp when I know that your intentions aren't good? I repeat: There is plenty out there already.

So Joel, what is it now?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kim (nlo)
    You are looking to compare? Earlier you wanted insight into motives. Earlier you commented on my explanations, all the while tediously pointing out that I just don't get it.

What exactly is it?

a) You want to point out why ENFps annoy you without any feedback? Ok, done.
    b) You want to know how to get the off your back? Well, I don't know. I don't know why they are after you. Personally, I don't attach myself to random INTps.
    Or is it this:
    As for explanations for the true motives behind the actions of ENFPs (since you all imply that I am off), I would love to hear them. A foray into the mental state, so I don't have to keep going on situations and experiences and reading between the lines, would be absolutely wonderful.
    Why would I let you into the mental state of an ENFp when I know that your intentions aren't good? I repeat: There is plenty out there already.

So Joel, what is it now?
    Yes. I have been developing my own conclusions as to the general motives behind an ENFP's actions. These conclusions are based on what I'm seeing, ENFP descriptions I've read, and my current understanding of the eight functions, and how they tend to interact with each other. Highly theoretical. Clearly, for my conclusions to be of any use to me down the road, they have to be fine-sculpted. And what better way to do that, than to take in individual ENFP views, draw correlations, make comparisons with my working "conclusions," and then make the necessary revisions? I'd like to be able to understand the driving force behind each "behaviour" I see, then use that understanding to both determine an appropriate response, and predict what will happen next. Eh.. I'm implicitly stating, also, that I'd like to develop a better method of determining how accurate I am, with my interpretations and predictions, so I'll no longer be left having to question myself each time I think I'm correct while the moving concessus says I'm wrong.

That probably sounds really cold, and disconnected.. but thats just because of the jargon I've gotten used to using, to be ear-splittingly clear.

In addition to bringing to light my aforementioned wish, I also attempted to subtly indicate that the ENFPs I do get along with (I don't hate all ENFPs, and I don't have serious grievances with all ENFPs, though there are trends) really aren't freely open about themselves. Ask them a penetrating question, and they'd just laugh, jitter, respond jokingly, and/or change the subject. Heh. Once I got let in on a few things, but it took an exhausting argument to get there. There would never be a chance to ask why they don't want me to know, because it wouldn't be until much after they've changed the subject that I'd realize that they didn't, at all, answer my question. In hindsight, it could be because I make clear that I don't want a "connection," but if they connect anyway, then well...

a) Yes, I wanted to point out why, to satiate your curiosity (again, you asked).
    b) As you began to respond, I thought to ask how I could go about ridding myself of annoying ENFps. So again, yes.
    c) Yes, but perhaps not for the reason it may have implied to you. I could have stated in a misleading way, no doubt, so I've used this post as an attempt to elaborate on my thinking.
    thing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why would anyone reveal anything to anybody who doesn't want a connection? ENFps are good at picking up vibes. If you are anything like you say you are, I would not reveal anything to you simply because I would question your intentions. ENFps like other people to trust them, but they only trust a select few and in my case, they had to earn it.
    well said

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It doesn't sounds cold and connected as much as entirely impossible. People aren't merely functions. They have a history. There is a reason why I was not a clingy ENFp in my early 20s like the ones you meet. You shouldn't put too much faith into all this when it comes to dealing with people. It helps, but it's not the ultimate tool to understanding each and every behavior.
    That was my point. Going based on my impressions, descriptions, and understanding of the eight functions is pretty useless, by itself. I'd have to know the people, get insight into their motives, etc.. I thought I said that.

As for your second point, of not wanting to reveal anything to anyone who doesn't want a connection, I do it freely and all the time. Right now, to be more specific. But you could surely take the position that you are wanting to "make a connection," here. Your point is well taken; however, as things with most ENFPs I know are exactly the way you describe. I guess I'll just have to deal with being uninformed, understanding that is associated with the cost of not wanting to deal with a connection.

On another note, I wish they would hold their side of the "deal" I'd make, and respect my wishes, because when they don't, arguments like the one you just made completely begs the question. It goes something like, "I'm not going to trust you and tell you anything insightful into my character, because I know you don't want a connection, and I know that you'll just use it against me, to make me leave you alone, and to make me not be able to connect with you, because I'm still wanting to have that option. I know you'll just stab me with it, because you're so annoyed that I won't buzz off. I'm not completely stupid." It also seems to fold in on itself. I'm not living this life with a purpose to amputate anyone, whether literally, or metaphorically. Knowing what I'm trying to know would allow me to be more "diplomatic" in my dealings with other, without messing with the more complicated wirings of my character.. that would be my "underhanded" purpose. That aside, I'm also curious and driven to know.

I mean, c'mon man! Generally, its not that hard to offend ENFPs. They'd play it off, but it would get at them. I said I tried most everything, but I suppose the negative options like digging at their person, or very publicly taking jabs at their PoLR (heh) are still available. I'd like to avoid that, however. From my view, the coin still has two sides.
    thing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by implied
    it seems like most enfps have been through hell at some point in their lives so i am pretty sympathetic with them not wanting to just divulge their life story to whoever comes along.
    Ok. I can understand that. Are they then able to cope with a less than full understanding of themselves, by others? Do they? Or do they just come around and say, "You know, you have no idea! You never care! If you would get off your soapbox and pay attention for one minute, then maybe you'd understand!" That quote I just presented has been said to me before, so I suppose what I'm wondering is if such views are normal for ENFPs, or if they are instead more accepting of the mild complications that come with being contained?
    thing.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why would anyone reveal anything to anybody who doesn't want a connection? ENFps are good at picking up vibes. If you are anything like you say you are, I would not reveal anything to you simply because I would question your intentions. ENFps like other people to trust them, but they only trust a select few and in my case, they had to earn it.
    i like the cut of your jib, kim. this makes oodles of sense.
    I agree.

I'll try and clarify one thing that might be misunderstood. Our not trusting some people doesn't mean that we think they're not trustworthy. It's more because we sense some kind of incompatibility. After all, we are greatly influenced by our moods, and our moods are greatly influenced by how accepted and appreciated we feel (that's an oversimplification, but it'll do for now). And once we do trust someone, we generally let our guard down completely. So it makes sense to look before you leap. (Sadly enough, this safety mechanism doesn't work all the time, and some ENFPs might not have developed it at all... which probably exacerbates the kind of behaviour MySaviour found so annoying.)

If we feel someone is getting too close for comfort, we'll try and back off in a way that allows both of us to save face. That's why we'll change the topic or laugh and pretend it's a joke etc. We fear losing face ourselves and we also fear that the other person might lose face, so we try to protect both of us by playing the thing down and avoiding a direct confrontation. In itself, that isn’t „good“ or „bad“. It’s simply a strategy that can do a lot of good and/or backfire, just like all other strategies. The opposite strategy would be to confront issues head-on without any thought of emotional fallout, and that too is neither „good“ or „bad“. It all depends on the individual and the situation.

It might be part of the difference between Thinkers and Feelers. Thinkers distance themselves from the things they talk about, so they haven’t got any problems when it comes to taking aim at (f.expl.) shoddy logic and shooting the crap out of it. For them, it’s probably like test-driving new machinery. All that counts is, does the thing work or not? If your machine doesn’t work, then I can dismantle it to show you where the problem is. That’s the way I explain it to myself, at least, because before I knew about Jungian types, whenever a Thinker came along for what he thought was objective, rational discourse, it sometimes felt like having to dance with – what was this Johnny Depp character in this film called? Edward Scissorhands? Perhaps you could put it like that: if a Thinker’s theories are like machinery, then a Feeler’s are a bit like protagonists in a novel he’s writing. It’s much more personal; he’s „inside“ of them in a way a Thinker isn’t.

...I’m probably re-inventing the wheel here... Still, could this be one of the problems here? If I understand this right, MySaviour would like to talk about the way ENFPs work objectively, impassively and even impersonally. His curiousity seems to be that of a scientist who wants to find out more facts about a topic he's emotionally detached from, but intellectually interested in. Fair enough, and in itself totally unproblematic. The problem only begins because ENFPs aren’t INTPs (or ENTPs or whatever). Letting someone in on our secrets means letting our guard down, and we can’t do that without an emotional connection and a huge amount of trust. That’s just the way it is. Anything else would feel like a horror movie when the music gets all threatening and you begin to hear the protagonists’s heartbeat (baDOOMP baDOOMP baDOOMP) as the scientist in the white coat advances and lifts his scalpel, whispering „Look, I just want to find out what’s inside your head... I’ll put it back again once I’m finished.“
    (It’s got a funny side to it, not because any of the persons involved are funny, but because communication breakdowns always have a funny side to them. It’s like a story some English friends told me. They were expecting a visitor, and the family’s son thought he’d make a joke. He told his mother the visitor was from Italy, knowing that his Mum always talks veerryyy sloowwlly and LOUDLY to foreigners, and he told the visitor that his Mum was rather deaf. You’ll easily guess what happened. They spent a lot of time shouting polite conversation at each other until finally they figured it all out.)

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was me, by the way. When I wrote that I hadn't read the previous three posts, so some of the things I said were probably pretty redundant.

Interesting point MySaviour made. IMO it's hard to know what exactly is information that is helpful for others. If I knew what killer fact about myself would make everybody go "oh, so THAT'S why!...", then I'd tell them straight away. Or print an ENFP manual.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MySaviour
    That was my point. Going based on my impressions, descriptions, and understanding of the eight functions is pretty useless, by itself. I'd have to know the people, get insight into their motives, etc.. I thought I said that.
    Yes, but you also said:

Eh.. I'm implicitly stating, also, that I'd like to develop a better method of determining how accurate I am, with my interpretations and predictions, so I'll no longer be left having to question myself each time I think I'm correct while the moving concessus says I'm wrong.
    And that is delusional.

As for your second point, of not wanting to reveal anything to anyone who doesn't want a connection, I do it freely and all the time.
    So? You are an INTp. And come one, since when do you people reveal, say, emotions freely? Don't compare what it is you reveal. You need to compare how hard it is to reveal certain things. For me it's abc and for you it's xyz.

Right now, to be more specific. But you could surely take the position that you are wanting to "make a connection," here. Your point is well taken; however, as things with most ENFPs I know are exactly the way you describe. I guess I'll just have to deal with being uninformed, understanding that is associated with the cost of not wanting to deal with a connection.
    I don't know what you mean. I don't want to make a connection with you. I don't even think it's truly possible in this setting. And what is all the fuss about that you have heard it before? You are saying it yourself, as long as you refuse to see a person as a person in all his/her complexity and apart from all this (albeit interesting) type crap, you will never truly know. An ENFp is not an ENFp is not an ENFp. Get over it.

On another note, I wish they would hold their side of the "deal" I'd make, and respect my wishes, because when they don't, arguments like the one you just made completely begs the question. It goes something like, "I'm not going to trust you and tell you anything insightful into my character, because I know you don't want a connection, and I know that you'll just use it against me, to make me leave you alone, and to make me not be able to connect with you, because I'm still wanting to have that option. I know you'll just stab me with it, because you're so annoyed that I won't buzz off. I'm not completely stupid." It also seems to fold in on itself.
    You don't get it. There is no deal. You want there to be, but a deal can only be made when both parties agree on the purpose of the encounter. They want to get to know you and drag you out of their shell. You want to study them. Connection impossible. You don't understand the nature of "connection" as I see it and as other ENFps see it. It's about soul. And INTp don't reveal their souls. But when my INTp finally questioned his attitude of "she's just a shallow happy kid" and when I overcame mine of "he is an arrogant bastard who is only able to relate to people as they fit into his own little scheme of things," we truly connected. This process has nothing to do with types (because any type can truly love any other, as friends or otherwise). Only the preconceptions do. Once you are over those, you are on your own.

I'm not living this life with a purpose to amputate anyone, whether literally, or metaphorically. Knowing what I'm trying to know would allow me to be more "diplomatic" in my dealings with other, without messing with the more complicated wirings of my character.. that would be my "underhanded" purpose. That aside, I'm also curious and driven to know.
    You overstimate your potentially destructive effect on ENFps. That is part of your problems. They are adults, not fragile little things.

I said I tried most everything, but I suppose the negative options like digging at their person, or very publicly taking jabs at their PoLR (heh) are still available. I'd like to avoid that, however. From my view, the coin still has two sides.
    Oh, how generous of you. You are lucky that you are dealing with ENFps because ENFps don't normally hurt people intentionally although, given their immense intuitive insights, they could. The coin truly has two sides.
    You still have an immensely condescending attitude. Just tell them the truth: "I don't want to be liked."
    Eh...

I had a long post, but after reading it over, it became pretty clear that most of what I had to say is pretty self evident now, so..

1. How is that delusional? It seems perfectly possible to me.

2. What I would move to say, since I'm here, is that a given ENFP would find it hard to readily reveal-- anything! There is nothing that I can get to without first putting in some serious effort. Nothing freely flowing upon request. Nothing. But you have all said that; you just aren't that open. Ok.

3. You were really nitpicking at me, and not for the sake of clarifying what you were saying, so I followed along. As for my saying that you wanted to make a connection with me, I was being cute. I was no longer putting it past you to come back with a response like that, to subtly mock what I'm trying to do. I may have misjudged your intentions, but I'm really just saying that, I don't think I really believe it. Get over it? Heh. I'm about done dealing with the "he's all about logic and systemizing" BS. As you will, Kim.

4. Of there being no deal, I'm aware. I've said it. Over and over again. Thats pretty much the reason I made a post in this thread, to begin with. All this talk of preconceptions and notions being applied on my part, and what I don't understand.. heh. Same old shit. See the end of point 3.

5. I overestimate? ahahaha. I still believe ENFPs tend to be easily insulted. I won't restate any more of what I think, its exactly as I said previously. That belief aside, I am clearly trying to defend myself in the quoted response, as I just could not have it floating around that I was trying to shatter hearts with the information I would like to gather. My mention of the negative alternatives being available to me served to further emphasize that I'm not trying to be evil here, because if I were, I would have already had the means. Heh.

6. And now its getting ridiculous.. yea, y'all don't, and given your intuitive hunches you may be able to, if you are pushed enough. So you're saying your nice and considerate. Fine. But, kim, SAME HERE! I'm not out to ge---Man, you just rehashed the point I was trying to make with that argument.

As for being condescending, I just now opened up my dictionary and figured out what the word means. And HELL YEA!!! I've been actually trying to be like that in these responses! I'm glad its coming across! I always get babied when talking about anything (and I could say "anything not logical," but thats not how its happening), like I'm nothing more than a cold, detached, "arrogant bastard" who's ignorant and handicapped to all things outside his little systems, and preoccupations. See, the interplay of your words sound very familiar to me, and that makes it hard for me to think that you don't have the same beliefs about me that most people do. There's more I'd have to say to "hit home" my point, but it seems this is futile anyway.

I need to get over not being able to walk away from discussions at a time when it would be self depracating. Because I was packed up and ready to go, and I even said you had the last words.. but when I saw your reply, " " I was back in and ready to go. Your implication was just untolerable. But thats kindergarten shit. Let me make good on this one.
    thing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MySaviour
    it seems like most enfps have been through hell at some point in their lives so i am pretty sympathetic with them not wanting to just divulge their life story to whoever comes along.
    Ok. I can understand that. Are they then able to cope with a less than full understanding of themselves, by others? Do they? Or do they just come around and say, "You know, you have no idea! You never care! If you would get off your soapbox and pay attention for one minute, then maybe you'd understand!" That quote I just presented has been said to me before, so I suppose what I'm wondering is if such views are normal for ENFPs, or if they are instead more accepting of the mild complications that come with being contained?
    It does seem like it, implied...

I don't get you, Joel. ENFps need friends they can trust and confide in and they need them far more desperately than an INTp would. And the select friends they have know them very well (my ESFp friend knows me better than I know myself). And the quote there might be something I said to my INTp ex. In my case, it meant: "Show an interest in my person and not in how my person fits into your idea of how a person should be. You think you know me, but you have no idea because you cannot step out of the confines of your understanding of weak and strong (and other things)."

or if they are instead more accepting of the mild complications that come with being contained?
    I don't understand this.
    Forget it.
    thing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

joelark, ur making no sense whatsoever, you say one thing, then come back and say the opposite, and then say something that just seems designed to piss people off, and then come back and say u were being sarcastic, and then cry that the only reason ur acting this way is because enfp's were mean to you before
    and then you complain that we're all against you and not seeing your point, so what is your point? i dont c it, it doesnt make sense to me, maybe its just because were approaching this from different angles, but i rlly havent heard a point from you, just some complaining that enfp's dont make sense, and then something about how ur trying to "figure us out", and then some babble about how things will never work out..... im confused
    ________
    Eleanor (1973 Mustang)
    Last edited by ENFPaaron; 01-28-2011 at 01:10 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ENFPaaron
    joelark, ur making no sense whatsoever, you say one thing, then come back and say the opposite, and then say something that just seems designed to piss people off, and then come back and say u were being sarcastic, and then cry that the only reason ur acting this way is because enfp's were mean to you before
    and then you complain that we're all against you and not seeing your point, so what is your point? i dont c it, it doesnt make sense to me, maybe its just because were approaching this from different angles, but i rlly havent heard a point from you, just some complaining that enfp's dont make sense, and then something about how ur trying to "figure us out", and then some babble about how things will never work out..... im confused
    You're right. And I'm just going to stop spinning my wheels.
    thing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*guitar solo*
    ENFP - Ethical Subtype.
    In touch with semireality.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ENFPaaron
    by the way, what happened to the guy/girl who started this thing? or was that joelark, just wondered cuz i just noticed we havent heard from him in a loong time
    I didn't start the thread.
    thing.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure if fake is the right word but I find ENFPs to be manipulative. What's worse is that they do it in such a discerete way. I experienced this the other day when I had class with one and we needed results from another person. Now this person is quite domineering/intolerant and the ENFP didn't want to approach them so she ordered me to do it for her. I guess this behaviour stems from their desire to be liked by everyone. That's not a bad thing but when they put others in the position to be hated instead of themselves....well I find that incredibly selfish and I can't stand that.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol this thread has been dredged up from the depths. I always wondered why Joel was so blunt to me haha. He obviously had a huge chip on his shoulder.

Quote Originally Posted by shakealittle
    I'm not sure if fake is the right word but I find ENFPs to be manipulative. What's worse is that they do it in such a discerete way. I experienced this the other day when I had class with one and we needed results from another person. Now this person is quite domineering/intolerant and the ENFP didn't want to approach them so she ordered me to do it for her. I guess this behaviour stems from their desire to be liked by everyone. That's not a bad thing but when they put others in the position to be hated instead of themselves....well I find that incredibly selfish and I can't stand that.
    Shakealittle so your saying that an ENFp ordered an ISTj to do something? Or Perhaps they requested in a way you couldn't refuse? ENFp's dont generally order people to do anything. Im definately manipulative i give you that. My form of manipulation is different to the type your talking about. I dont do it via Se i do it via Fi.

In a way yes i think i am fake. I definitely dont tell people what im thinking. I think as well as noticing a lot of good points, i notice a lot of bad stuff about people aswell. I smooth over a lot of it unless i think its really supposed to be said. I am nice to people who i dont like this is true. Its quite effortless for me to do it though. On the inside of me though i know exactly who i like and those people come first.
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey, whatever happened to Joel?
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom
    Hey, whatever happened to Joel?
    ENFp's ate his soul
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by meatburger

Shakealittle so your saying that an ENFp ordered an ISTj to do something? Or Perhaps they requested in a way you couldn't refuse? ENFp's dont generally order people to do anything. Im definately manipulative i give you that. My form of manipulation is different to the type your talking about. I dont do it via Se i do it via Fi.

In a way yes i think i am fake. I definitely dont tell people what im thinking. I think as well as noticing a lot of good points, i notice a lot of bad stuff about people aswell. I smooth over a lot of it unless i think its really supposed to be said. I am nice to people who i dont like this is true. Its quite effortless for me to do it though. On the inside of me though i know exactly who i like and those people come first.
    Yes. She has problems asking people questions though, so maybe that's why she told me to do something? For example, if she wanted to go to a concert she will only ever hint at her desire to go, never directly ask.

As for your second paragraph, I definitely see that trait in my friend. It gets annoying because I will continuously complain about something (annoying as well, I'm sure) then days later when I've worked it all out, she'll agree with my conclusion like she knew it all along. Grr.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shakealittle
    Yes. She has problems asking people questions though, so maybe that's why she told me to do something? For example, if she wanted to go to a concert she will only ever hint at her desire to go, never directly ask.
    I can kind of relate to the concert thing. I test the waters with people to see what they think. If you mention the concert and they are like "oh no that bands shitty" well then i know that they would not be a good person to ask to go. They are either a) going to say no or b) go along to the concert and only half enjoy it

Hmm what i meant was from my personal experience theres a big difference between asking someone to do something and telling them to.

"Hey go talk to her for me shes scaring me!" - telling
    "Hey would you mind talking to her shes scaring me?" - asking

The telling thing is not possible for me. My Fi just wont let me do it.

As for your second paragraph, I definitely see that trait in my friend. It gets annoying because I will continuously complain about something (annoying as well, I'm sure) then days later when I've worked it all out, she'll agree with my conclusion like she knew it all along. Grr.
    Perhaps she did?
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by meatburger

Perhaps she did?
    Most likely. It just doesn't sit well with me. If I saw a friend in distress or getting upset over something which I could solve by giving advice....well I think more often than not, I would do that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Enfps fake?

Quote Originally Posted by yourfriend
    Are enfps just fakes? enfps work really hard and suck up completely trying to get people to like them. its kinda disgusting
    because you know they are not being real just trying to manipulate people into liking them. you can't get honest opinion outta them. esfps and sensory types think enfps are great but I + N people are annoyed by you. please stop annoying us, just be truthful.

we know you have good intentions but we are sick of enfps constantly trying to be sweet.
    I have not read this entire thread, but this initial post is maddening. NO, ENFps are not fakes!!!* They are sincere!!! That is what creative Fi means!!!! Fi is plunged to its depths, such that ExFps are very emotionally honest people!!! And to think they're trying to be "sweet" just to get people to like them is how Fe-quadras skew their perception of Fi because they just don't operate on that "hierarchy of cognitive needs," so to speak. What is emotional valued and true is more important to Fi's than "how we appear to others" and "having the approval of groups/fitting in." It's about the integrity of one's heart.

* (I've known my share of ENFps well, btw.)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WTH... "trying" to be nice?

If I like you, then I am naturally happy when interacting with you, concerned about your comfort & welfare, attentive, etc. The 'niceness' is just outward expression of how I genuinely feel about you.

If I do not like you, you'll think I'm a complete b*tch. Ignored or icy civility is the best you'll get. I would gnaw my own arm off before I "try" to be nice IF I don't feel warmth, appreciation or kindness towards you.

IME, INTp's don't appreciate kindness - they are hyper-paranoid and perceive any active "niceness" as a ploy to some nefarious end. Ignore them, use them, cheat on them, or treat them like crap and they will love you til the day they die. ENFp, however, will treat you like the sun rises and sets on your backside (which is apparently why INTp is not our dual).

INTj's aren't nearly as bad - they will remain detached and wary (for a while) but they DO appreciate ENFp's heartfelt attentions.

Trying to be nice... christ

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zenbrat
    IME, INTp's don't appreciate kindness - they are hyper-paranoid and perceive any active "niceness" as a ploy to some nefarious end. Ignore them, use them, cheat on them, or treat them like crap and they will love you til the day they die.
    Ha, if this was true, then why the hell would their dual have creative Fi?!

I'm not invalidating the truth that some people - of ANY type - may be tempted to put those who treat them on a pedestal chanting, "i'm not worthy!" or whatever. But that's not love, anyway.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I met an ENFP. I don't think he likes me much. It's a strange interaction.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129
    I think I met an ENFP. I don't think he likes me much. It's a strange interaction.

What makes you say that? Why was it strange?
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah do tell!

As an ENFp guy i suspect some of us are equally as strange and unexplainable as ISTps lol
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129

Umm. Seriously, ENFps can be idiots. Like me.
    If I didn't know about socionics, I wouldn't even notice ISTps.

I got to know an ISTp a few months back, thought he was INTp, thought he was kinda funny in a weird kinda way at first.
    But after awhile, I grew to enjoy his company, and he wasn't annoying like many other guys I know.

So, what I'm saying is, he may not like you now, but further interaction might prove otherwise.
    INTp
    sx/sp

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well when I first met him, he seemed really outgoing and interested in talking to me. We went out the other night with a couple people and I think I could count on my hand the number of words he said. Strange because on the phone before meeting, he seemed really enthusiastic and talkative but while together, I was doing the majority of the talking...from the outside it would appear that I was the more outgoing one which is just strange in itself. He just seemed really shy. He keeps apologizing for not calling me and what not and leaves me interesting text messages. Maybe he just isn't interested, I don't know...but said how he wanted to do something next weekend. Dunno.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He leaves you interesting text messages! That's a positive sign. Don't lose hope yet.

So he appears quieter than you at times? I don't think that's unusual. At least not for me and my ISTp friend.

I think ENFps only seem extraverted in the presence of ISTps, but can see more introverted in a group of extraverts.

And yes, he could just be shy. And the reason he's shy could be that he's interested, and wants to impress you, but can't think of anything to say? Because he's stressing himself too much? Possible.
    INTp
    sx/sp

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's still too early to tell, we'll see. I think i'm either a)horrible at typing people OR b) not an istp.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast