Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 55

Thread: Test This Test!

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    75
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Test This Test!

    I was messing around, trying to think up different ways to write a socionics test without having questions related to individual functions. This short test is one of the things I came up with. I'm just kind of curious how (in)accurate it is ... so, what do y'all get on it? I might expand on it later to make it more reliable. Then again, I might not.

    http://www.linuxcube.org/stest1/
    delta nf (?) ... 4w5 (?)

  2. #2
    XoX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4,407
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Test This Test!

    Quote Originally Posted by Sabo
    I was messing around, trying to think up different ways to write a socionics test without having questions related to individual functions. This short test is one of the things I came up with. I'm just kind of curious how (in)accurate it is ... so, what do y'all get on it? I might expand on it later to make it more reliable. Then again, I might not.

    http://www.linuxcube.org/stest1/
    The test is good. It is not any worse than other tests around. It is well in par with e.g. Hugo's tests and Rick's tests and Expat's tests and Rmcnew's tests (probably above them). The problem with this test as well as other tests (for me) is that I know too well which answer produces which type (except some Expat's tests are a bit mysterious, heh). So this should be tested first with people who don't know what the answers mean.

    Trying to sound more positive: This is a good test. Simple yet effective. The difficult concepts might be a turn off for some people(?). Oh I should be positive...It is often hard for me to choose between options but now it wasn't. I especially liked the "content" vs "structure" question.

    I'm not yet explicitly telling what type it gave me but it gave me one of the the types people have been suggesting me lately. So either this test knows stuff or I just subconsciously adopted that type and manipulated the test.

    I will test my wife and see whether see can understand the concepts (and make her test both of us).

    In any case good job!

  3. #3
    XoX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4,407
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Test This Test!

    This test seems pretty awesome actually.

    I scored ISFp for myself and ESTj for my wife.
    My wife scored ISFp for me and ESTj for herself.
    Taking the test took less than a minute.

    There are some wording which a bit difficult to apply (like the states and transitions thing in which case I had to rely on the temperament description only) but all in all first impression is that this test seems to give very consistent results. Assuming there is no systematic error this rocks.

  4. #4
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,632
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I can see too easily where the options are leading...
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  5. #5
    XoX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4,407
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    I can see too easily where the options are leading...
    I did it for you and got ESTj or ESTp depending on one choice I couldn't decide (if I put neither it gives ESTx)

  6. #6
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,632
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XoX
    Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    I can see too easily where the options are leading...
    I did it for you and got ESTj or ESTp depending on one choice I couldn't decide.
    I get ESTj or ENTj depending on where i decide in regard to power or timing

    "Naturally paying more attention to the potentials of people/things and/or the way situations can develop over time.
    Naturally paying more attention to the strength, characteristics, and power of people/things and/or sensations and physical relationships.
    "

    I can totally do both imho, so i get Result: EXTj
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  7. #7
    XoX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4,407
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    Quote Originally Posted by XoX
    Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    I can see too easily where the options are leading...
    I did it for you and got ESTj or ESTp depending on one choice I couldn't decide.
    I get ESTj or ENTj depending on where i decide in regard to power or timing

    "Naturally paying more attention to the potentials of people/things and/or the way situations can develop over time.
    Naturally paying more attention to the strength, characteristics, and power of people/things and/or sensations and physical relationships.
    "

    I can totally do both imho
    So combining these two results we conclude you are ESTj.

  8. #8
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,632
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XoX
    Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    Quote Originally Posted by XoX
    Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    I can see too easily where the options are leading...
    I did it for you and got ESTj or ESTp depending on one choice I couldn't decide.
    I get ESTj or ENTj depending on where i decide in regard to power or timing

    "Naturally paying more attention to the potentials of people/things and/or the way situations can develop over time.
    Naturally paying more attention to the strength, characteristics, and power of people/things and/or sensations and physical relationships.
    "

    I can totally do both imho
    So combining these two results we conclude you are ESTj.
    Yet if you remember you wife commented on how my pic's background was mismatched
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  9. #9
    XoX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4,407
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    Quote Originally Posted by XoX
    Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    Quote Originally Posted by XoX
    Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    I can see too easily where the options are leading...
    I did it for you and got ESTj or ESTp depending on one choice I couldn't decide.
    I get ESTj or ENTj depending on where i decide in regard to power or timing

    "Naturally paying more attention to the potentials of people/things and/or the way situations can develop over time.
    Naturally paying more attention to the strength, characteristics, and power of people/things and/or sensations and physical relationships.
    "

    I can totally do both imho
    So combining these two results we conclude you are ESTj.
    Yet if you remember you wife commented on how my pic's background was mismatched
    Perhaps that kind of things have less to do with than is generally thought of. That is actually the kind of behavior that annoys me about her. It is like if we go to Italian restaurant and the background music is American it ruins her evening because it is so mismatched. So if that is then I'm not either These are the kind of things that have so far kept me from saying I'm and gearing more towards weak .

    Edit:
    You might want to focus on Reinin dichotomies more for a while and see how you come out there. Even if people criticize them there might be such problems in the understanding some of the functions that functional approach is more misleading.

  10. #10
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,632
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XoX
    Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    Quote Originally Posted by XoX
    Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    Quote Originally Posted by XoX
    Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    I can see too easily where the options are leading...
    I did it for you and got ESTj or ESTp depending on one choice I couldn't decide.
    I get ESTj or ENTj depending on where i decide in regard to power or timing

    "Naturally paying more attention to the potentials of people/things and/or the way situations can develop over time.
    Naturally paying more attention to the strength, characteristics, and power of people/things and/or sensations and physical relationships.
    "

    I can totally do both imho
    So combining these two results we conclude you are ESTj.
    Yet if you remember you wife commented on how my pic's background was mismatched
    Perhaps that kind of things have less to do with than is generally thought of. That is actually the kind of behavior that annoys me about her. It is like if we go to Italian restaurant and the background music is American it ruins her evening because it is so mismatched. So if that is then I'm not either These are the kind of things that have so far kept me from saying I'm and gearing more towards weak .
    What I might like about is that I know I like my body to feel "good" so that I can do things and be happy. I'm not happy when my body doesn't feel "good" and I need the right kind of foods, exercise, etc to feel "good". I don't exactly know how to explain this easily, but I know generally what I should do to feel "good". Except this though, I don't think I care that much about other Si stuff.

    You might want to focus on Reinin dichotomies more for a while and see how you come out there. Even if people criticize them there might be such problems in the understanding some of the functions that functional approach is more misleading.
    I happen to think that Renin Dichotomies are awesome. So mm. I think I'm a positivist.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  11. #11
    XoX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4,407
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    So mm. I think I'm a positivist.
    So does my wife Where does that leave us?

    Edit:
    Try the Kristiina style. Give a value to each of the 11 dichotomies and count the sum for each type (do not exclude any type based on one or two dichotomies). It is unlikely that you can get them so wrong that some of the very low scoring types are your true type. Perhaps you can eliminate some of the types that way.

  12. #12
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,632
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XoX
    Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    So mm. I think I'm a positivist.
    So does my wife Where does that leave us?
    To me not being ESTj!


    Edit:
    Try the Kristiina style. Give a value to each of the 11 dichotomies and count the sum for each type (do not exclude any type based on one or two dichotomies). It is unlikely that you can get them so wrong that some of the very low scoring types are your true type. Perhaps you can eliminate some of the types that way.
    Ok. I did get ENTJ on the renin calculator anyway.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  13. #13
    XoX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4,407
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    Ok. I did get ENTJ on the renin calculator anyway.
    Urgh. That doesn't support me being ISFp.

    Edit:
    Then again you should report all the types and their scores. I scored ESTp as the first type.

  14. #14
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,632
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XoX
    Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    Ok. I did get ENTJ on the renin calculator anyway.
    Urgh. That doesn't support me being ISFp.
    You also generally always spoke nicely about the ENTj you've known, except one I think.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  15. #15
    XoX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4,407
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    Quote Originally Posted by XoX
    Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    Ok. I did get ENTJ on the renin calculator anyway.
    Urgh. That doesn't support me being ISFp.
    You also generally always spoke nicely about the ENTj you've known, except one I think.
    Also my biggest problems at work so far have been with an ENTp. However I might have mistyped that person. Perhaps it is an ENTj instead. It was a long time ago.

  16. #16
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,632
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XoX
    Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    Quote Originally Posted by XoX
    Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    Ok. I did get ENTJ on the renin calculator anyway.
    Urgh. That doesn't support me being ISFp.
    You also generally always spoke nicely about the ENTj you've known, except one I think.
    Also my biggest problems at work so far have been with an ENTp. However I might have mistyped that person. Perhaps it is an ENTj instead. It was a long time ago.
    Well, you should also have mistyped all the ENTjs though. Basically, your relationships seem to point away from ISFp, don't you think?
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  17. #17
    Kristiina's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Estonia, Tartu
    Posts
    4,021
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I got ENFj. I understood where the questions were leading, but I also found of very easy to agree with some of them. I liked that Fe and Fi were in the same question as was Ne and Ni. It makes sense. People with ego also have very strong and it's usually very strong to choose between "potential" and "timing" in the Ne vs Ni questions.
    It's a good idea to determine + vs + and + vs + and then the temperament.

    The typical person doesn't divide the world into "potential", "timing", "physical state" etc, so the vocabulary of the questions needs some work. Even I was confused if I pay attention to states or transitions.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

    Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

    Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

  18. #18
    Smilingeyes's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,228
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Sorry for the quick guerilla post but I'm busy trying to type Wesley Clark for Minde and mapping changes in recent versions of an article I've been making...

    XoX... What you're doing here is Si. You're aiming for perfect mechanical harmony between all the input you've ever received on your type and you get discomforted by the smallest push away from that contention. This is exactly the same way your wife gets annoyed if the music is not in sync with the atmosphere. It's just a different medium. That's all. No need to get worked up. Your relations with FDG are not out of sync with you being ISFp, it's your idea of how conflict relations work that needs a paint job.
    First eliminate every possible source of error. Thence success is inevitable.

  19. #19
    Creepy-bg

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Smilingeyes
    Sorry for the quick guerilla post but I'm busy trying to type Wesley Clark for Minde and mapping changes in recent versions of an article I've been making...

  20. #20
    ...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    9,169
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It's pretty good. It came out as SLE for me, which is what most people might type me as. But as I'm uncertain of my type right now, I can't make a 'it's correct!' judgement of your test.
    Ideas don't determine who's right. Power determines who's right. And I have the power. So I'm right.

  21. #21
    meatburger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    A Quazar named Northern Territory
    Posts
    2,570
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    xNFp

    A couple of the sentances i didn't understand but not bad
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

    "And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

  22. #22
    aka Slacker Slacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    North Korea
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    8,819
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It said ENFx
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain


    You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

  23. #23

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    8,578
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    this test gave me ILI but all the questions about temperament are misugided and are far too numerous as compared to the two questions that went T/F and N/S. not a terribly roundabout way of going about things, and will lead to a lot of mistypings within the same club.

  24. #24
    eunice's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    TIM
    Ne-INFj
    Posts
    2,955
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I got INFp. A common result I get for socionics type test.

  25. #25
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I can see how Se PoLR types would relate to "go with the flow"

  26. #26
    eunice's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    TIM
    Ne-INFj
    Posts
    2,955
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    edit.

  27. #27
    Suomea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    TIM
    ILE-Ti
    Posts
    1,054
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    xNTp
    Suomea

  28. #28
    Landlord of the Dog and Duck Subteigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    EII-Ne Sp/So
    Posts
    14,945
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    I got INxj - but because I am now unable to choose between:
    Naturally paying more attention to structures, hierarchies, and classifications and/or efficiency and activity.
    Naturally paying more attention to emotional energy and/or internal feelings.

  29. #29
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think temperaments are good for distinguishing between mirror pairs, but first you need to narrow it down to which mirror pair. Determining quadra values should be the first step in typing. This test focuses too much on the I/E, S/N, T/F, and j/p dichotomies, even if it is in the form of temperaments.

  30. #30
    XoX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4,407
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Smilingeyes
    XoX... What you're doing here is Si. You're aiming for perfect mechanical harmony between all the input you've ever received on your type and you get discomforted by the smallest push away from that contention.
    Hmm ok. And how exactly is this different from what FDG is doing?

  31. #31
    Jarno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    TIM
    ILI-Te
    Posts
    5,375
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    INxP

    pretty accurate

  32. #32

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    75
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Thanks for all the feedback.

    I agree that a lot of the questions are too abstract and hard to understand. I plan to fix that by breaking down a lot of the questions into less intimidating questions. For now, I'm just worried about seeing how the underlying structure of the test holds up.

    Kristiina, thanks, that's what I was getting at with those questions. A lot of people spend too much time going "Hrm... do I use more 'Te' or more 'Ti'?" when it's so much easier to just compare groups of functions.

    niffweed17, it seems to me that all tests lead to a lot of mistypings in the same club. My observation is that people tend to be much more confident of their club than their temperament.

    Joy, I think you're probably right. I think people underestimate dichotomies though, too. I'm not going to pretend that this test is the best way to type people... I'm just trying different approaches.
    delta nf (?) ... 4w5 (?)

  33. #33

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    8,578
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sabo
    niffweed17, it seems to me that all tests lead to a lot of mistypings in the same club. My observation is that people tend to be much more confident of their club than their temperament.
    it's true, but most tests at least have something a little more comprehensive than five temperament questions and one question for N/S and T/F.

  34. #34
    implied's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    7,750
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    INTp.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

  35. #35
    Expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,853
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Test This Test!

    Quote Originally Posted by XoX
    I know too well which answer produces which type (except some Expat's tests are a bit mysterious, heh). So this should be tested first with people who don't know what the answers mean.
    I see that as a compliment.

    My "tests" are basically explorations of questions that might provoke answers that would provide insights into the person's type. I am rather pleased with my "retirement test", I think it works if you can follow up with more questions. I think my "island" and "aliens" tests give indications in the case of some people; in other cases it would be rather useless.

    I have some other ideas that I will post soon.

    Regarding the test of this thread: it gave me ENTj, but I was also very obvious to me where the questions were coming from.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

  36. #36
    Creepy-bg

    Default

    I like Expats "tests" the best (even though they require a present Expat to "score" them) All other tests are too easy for people who already have an understanding of socionics to subconsiously make come out for the type they already think they are.

  37. #37
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    very true

  38. #38
    The Iniquitous inumbra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    TIM
    954
    Posts
    5,989
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I got INFp which is what I get on the vast majority of tests.

    I'm starting to think that I just *am* an INFp.

  39. #39
    Blaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,725
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    got entp. seems pretty straightfoward...wonder how someone unfamiliar with the theory would do.

    ILE

    those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

  40. #40
    implied's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    7,750
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Test This Test!

    Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    Regarding the test of this thread: it gave me ENTj, but I was also very obvious to me where the questions were coming from.

    i think it's only obvious to me if i actually step back and look at the test. for the purposes of the test i tried to sort of "just do it" without thinking much. if i thought about it too much, i'd skew my answers.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •