Thread: Types & Politics

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Types & Politics

I proposed a similar kind of thing at EIDB. Some of the ideas were interesting.

Would there be some kind of potential correlation between types and their political views?

Which types would be more inclined towards anarchism, communism, democracy or a republic? Apart from the Reinin 'Aristocracy/Democracy' dichotomy, I think one can go further and split types into further factions. Also, representatives of Aristocracy and Democracy alike may lean towards anarchism, and perhaps some of those of Aristocracy would be in favour of communism.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NO NO NO.

THERE IS NO CORRELATION. PERIOD.

Hacking your soul since the beginning of time Hitta's Avatar
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17
    NO NO NO.

Um, there is a correlation between everything. Saying that there isn't a correlation is just stupid.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hitta
    NO NO NO.

Um, there is a correlation between everything. Saying that there isn't a correlation is just stupid.
    What is the correlation between the number of textbooks in the bookcase to my left and the color of your next-door neighbor's hair?
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Holy mud-wrestling bipolar donkeys, Batman!

Retired from posting and drawing Social Security. E-mail or PM to contact.

I pity your souls

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by Elro
    NO NO NO.

What is the correlation between the number of textbooks in the bookcase to my left and the color of your next-door neighbor's hair?
    kitty?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat
    NO NO NO.

kitty?
    David McCallum, Sr. (March 26, 1897 – March 21, 1972) was the Scottish concertmaster violinist of the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra, the London Philharmonic Orchestra, and the Scottish National Orchestra. He was also the father of actor David McCallum.

David McCallum was born in Kilsyth, near Glasgow to a musical family. He studied at the Glasgow Academy of Music and the Royal College of Music, London, where he studied under Maurice Sons, a pupil of Henryk Wieniawski and leader of the Queen's Hall Orchestra.

In 1922 he broadcast as a solo violinist for the first time. Between 1932 and 1936 he led the Scottish Orchestra in Glasgow under John Barbirolli, then was asked by Sir Thomas Beecham to lead the London Philharmonic Orchestra in succession to Paul Beard who had joined the BBC Symphony Orchestra.

During the Second World War McCallum led the National Symphony Orchestra and played with the London Studio Players and the BBC's Overseas Music Unit. After the war, McCallum rejoined Beecham, this time as leader of the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra. From 1961 to 1971 he was leader of Annunzio Mantovani's orchestra.

Led Zeppelin guitarist Jimmy Page credits McCallum with giving him the idea of playing his guitar with a violin bow according to MTV's Led Zeppelin Rockumentary.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat
    kitty?
    Hmm, I stand corrected.
    Holy mud-wrestling bipolar donkeys, Batman!

Retired from posting and drawing Social Security. E-mail or PM to contact.

I pity your souls

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In France, there is the Left (progressives) and the Right (conservatives).

Men are mostly Logical, and they are mostly right-wingers. Women are mostly Ethical, and they are mostly left-wingers.

There are no grounds for political correlations with TIM. If they were, it'd be an abnormal situation.

In my family, we are mostly right-wingers. My sister, EII, is a left-winger. Because of that I call her "progressive hippie".

Creepy-bg

I agree with Niff btw. no real correlation. Those why try to find/make socionics correlate to everything that happens in life are destined to lose their soul and soon become so disconnected from real life that most everything they say is meaningless terminology to those who actually live in the real world. Don't let yourself go down that road Hitta, it's a dead end.

Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Socionics type has any influence on a person's political leanings, other factors, such as socio-economic status, age cohort, race, sexual orientation, etc. probably have much more.
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
    -- Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

strong inclinations towards collectivism are found in east asia countries(esp china, n korea and japan) which make a nationalist(more aligned with communism, and collective ideals rather than individualized ideals) system possible for administration. I personally think these nations are much more representative of Ti than Te. Western Europe and the United States are bound to Te and Te oriented thoughts. Of course, political tides change rapidly and there are sometimes Ti people presiding over traditional Te states. Examine the Bush administration: Identifies strongly with typically Ti concepts-- Loyalty, family, relationship, assertion to consistent belief, highly organized heirarchy. A think a more Te model of political administration would be: Efficiency, hiring people based on ability rather than ties and loyalty, highly organized work structure, etc.
    asd

context is king
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by heath
    strong inclinations towards collectivism are found in east asia countries(esp china, n korea and japan) which make a nationalist(more aligned with communism, and collective ideals rather than individualized ideals) system possible for administration. I personally think these nations are much more representative of Ti than Te.
    Sounds more Se, "people getting together to face the struggles", collectives are controlible, they move forward together to one unified goal, specific and concrete things get done quicker with a collective etc.

Whilst individuals are not all heading towards the same goal, they're uncontrolible, you can't get a specific concrete thing done with a group of individuals moving in random directions.

And running around getting specific concrete stuff done is Se in action.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the reasons for people to have certain political views may be type-related.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

+1 Auvi and Expat

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

there is definitely noticable correlations between type and political viewpoint. Of course they won't always hold true but that's expected. While I agree that correlating a person's type with the political party they would vote for in elections is likely pointless, this is different than correlating type with actual political orientation.

For example, I've recently been reading a magazine called "Adbusters", this magazine is very pro-grass roots capitalism/anarchism. Political activism. Reminds me of Noam Chomsky's political view. The articles in this magazine seem to mostly come from Beta-NF contributors. I relate strongly to this view and in the past other INFps and ENFjs I've known have also seemed likewise oriented towards anarchism (Social Libertarianism). This makes sense because beta is the quadra most attracted to 'changing things' in society.

ENTjs and ISFjs I've known seem much more conservative. They value stability more than change and so would be more likely to vote for financially conservative parties. I can tell that there is very few, if any, ENTj/ISFj contributors to Adbusters because in every issue i notice a few obvious spelling/grammar mistakes - these kinds of details definitely irk some types more than others (coupled with the fact that the magazines pages aren't numbered or organized "properly" lol i can see how it would give some types a headache)
    INFp-Ni

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you're probably right on your empirical observations, not so much on your interpretations.

I don't think that the difference between Beta and Gamma is about valuing stability vs valuing change. That is a misunderstanding of Gamma's motives. What Gammas - or ENTjs and ISFjs in particular - dislike is not change as such, but change brought about without what they see as satisfactory proof that the proposed change is really going to be more productive than destructive.

So, assuming that what you observed is indeed representative of most Beta NFs and Gamma rationals (whether such a split is the best or not), I think it would be more accurate to intepret it like that:

- the Beta NFs focus on their vision of what society should be like, and place the burden of defense on those who'd "prefer" the status quo over the vision - and reach the conclusion, "they just don't want change".

- the Gamma rationals focus on the world, or society, as it is, and place the burden of proof on those who'd just pursue their visions - "prove to me that what you're proposing is really going to work".

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Then the next question should be: "Where does Alpha and Delta fit into this schema?"
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Then the next question should be: "Where does Alpha and Delta fit into this schema?"
    Everyone is of course aware of the fact that there is a direct reference to political views in Stratiyevskaya's LII profile?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus
    Everyone is of course aware of the fact that there is a direct reference to political views in Stratiyevskaya's LII profile?
    Political views or political activity? And even still that would just be LII, which is only 1/4 of Alpha Quadra and the rest of Delta.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alpha NTs would mainly fit alongside the Beta NFs.

Alpha SFs might be largely conservative in the sense of indeed opposing change as such.

Delta STs would be closer to the Gamma rationals as per mistutii's observations.

Delta NFs would fit along the Beta NFs, but for different reasons.

In my experience and opinion. I can think of socionics explanations, though.