Thread: Subtypes of types: two or four?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Subtypes of types: two or four?

Anyone else here sees 4 subtypes in each type? More like 2 sets of subtype, one set that concerns a general vibe and another that concerns the "area of thoughts/actions". The most obvious type in which i see it is INFp:

Some of them are very introverted and close to their hidden agenda because both their vibe and area of thoughts/actions is oriented. We could call them "independent thinkers".
    Another subgroup is more oriented in it's approach while seeming to pursue it's own agenda, using to relate to people. The members of this group could be called "sowers/fighters of ideas/systems"
    There's another subtype who is similar to the first but those who represent it clearly give off more respect to people in their surroundings, they value and seem to use to establish the moods they cherrish more efficiently (And most importantly without the agenda of the second subtype). Their more neutral stance makes the term "narrator" fit them.
    Finally, there's the outgoing, social, almost vain subtype which lets very little place to compared to the other subtypes, they don't seem to have as much energy/strength as the second subtype but they are definitely more extroverted. I can't think of a name right now. "Eccentric romantic" maybe?

So like:

Vibe --- Area of thoughts/action ---- Subtype ----------------------------------------- Example

---- --------------------------- Independent thinker ----------------------------- (?)
    ---- -------------------------- Sower/fighter of/for ideas/systems ------------- Krae
    ---- -------------------------- Narrator ------------------------------------------- Baby(?)
    ---- -------------------------- Eccentric romantic ------------------------------- [s:f5fb9e55f9]aurora_faerie[/s:f5fb9e55f9]

The examples i observed are people i know so i don't have many examples to share here, i tried my best to apply my observations on (ex)forum people but as it's probably obvious, i don't know many of them. I guess the short descriptions can be enough for a start in case some other people have noticed 4 subtypes too. There might be other possible divisions based on other factors but i think the ones i described above really stand out. It also removes the ambiguity from some people's subtype according to "traditional" subtype theories.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ah very nice explanation.

good observations.

I've tried to figure out this subtype thing also. I've noticed that there are at least the 2 common known subtypes. But when I use VI, it also looks as if there are more then just those 2 subtypes. Also when looking at destinctive personality traits, there are more then the 2 known subtypes.

Unfortunately my study isn't that advanced that I could make any certain conclusions about it.

But if you ask me, 4 subtypes is certainly plausible. Probably the 2 subtypes each divided into another 2.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

to bad this post doesn't get much replies.

subtypes are interesting. You start seeing them when you've typed some people of one and the same type.

TIM
    SEE-Fi 6w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ah!
    what?!
    eccentric? ?
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

[21:29] hitta: idealism is just the gap between the thought of death
    [21:29] hitta: and not dying

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think he doesn't know you were changing your proposed type.

TIM
    SEE-Fi 6w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im not sure how much it matters that he didn't know i had changed my type, i am more dismayed by observation in the first place, and how he used the name aurora_faerie...which makes me think the example may have been out-ated since it was based on me putting on an act when i joined the forum...tainted information....don't want to mislead people you know...or if you don't want to rule anything out maybe im super duper FE WOOOLOVE OOUT MUH BUTT!
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

[21:29] hitta: idealism is just the gap between the thought of death
    [21:29] hitta: and not dying

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if you put your type in your sig it will sink in with people better. otherwise people tend to remember the first type that you consider.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often