Results 1 to 21 of 21

Thread: type this quote

  1. #1
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default type this:

    Religious Views:
    The inability to avoid the fact that we all share a single planet together - regardless of what you think or believe in
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  2. #2
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I don't know, but it doesn't sound all that unlike something I might say. Except... nicer?

  3. #3
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Type this quote

    The kind of love we should advocate is the wider love that you can have even for someone who has done harm to you: your enemy.
    .
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  4. #4
    Expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,853
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Sounds like an ENFj thingy.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

  5. #5
    Haikus
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    MI
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Posts
    10,060
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    That quote is stupid though. It's not really possible to love your true enemies, that's why they are your enemies. Like, duh! Somebody that doesn't want to bring you down in with them, but somebody that wants to change you too much or deny your very existence. To me, those are your true enemies. Most people make fun/bother you simply because they want to be your friend but don't understand you. A true enemy to me is somebody that cannot accept when you just can't do something.

    We usually love people that hurt us. In fact, I hate people that say over-encouraging things or have to tell me they love me every three seconds. That is just insecure and weak.

    This is actually more complicated than it sounds. It's the reason why Christianity is bogus, too.

  6. #6
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yes it is. You have to understand them; when you can actually grasp why someone might have done something evil or ill-intended to you or someone you care about, it's impossible to hate them without making a conscious effort. That has been my experience, anyways. My grandfather's second wife married him for his money, or at least claimed to, and when I found that out I hated her with a passion, because he died having spent all of his money and the last months of his life building an extension for her house. I loved my grandfather more than any man on this planet except for my father, nearly as much, and I hated that woman. But when I learned more about her family history and the things she had gone through in life, I couldn't even force myself to harbor more than a tiny misgiving about having sympathy for her.

    But maybe that's just me.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

  7. #7
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I agree that the quote sounds Fe, btw.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

  8. #8
    Creepy-Diana

    Default

    .

  9. #9
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Because he identifies with it strongly and he thought it was stereotypically INFj.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

  10. #10
    xyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    7,709
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    Because he identifies with it strongly and he thought it was stereotypically INFj.
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

    - Voltaire

  11. #11
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The quote was made by the Dalai Lama.
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  12. #12
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Unsurprisingly.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

  13. #13
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Nor are your own comments.

    Although I am interested in that you see us as duals.
    You apparently have no clue about what positive, easy going psychological relationships feel like.

    Surprise me, Gilly, and jump off a very tall building.
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  14. #14
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Duals don't have to get along. It's not a rule.

    I am actually somewhat drawn to your constant resistance to my influence, to be honest. It makes you more interesting.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

  15. #15
    Your DNA is mine. Mediator Kam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Wisconsin
    TIM
    SEI
    Posts
    4,481
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dolphin View Post
    Thank you.
    if what gilly said was false, where would allie and I be?
    D-SEI 9w1

    This is me and my dual being scientific together

  16. #16
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UDP View Post
    Nor are your own comments.

    Although I am interested in that you see us as duals.
    You apparently have no clue about what positive, easy going psychological relationships feel like.


    Surprise me, Gilly, and jump off a very tall building.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    Duals don't have to get along. It's not a rule.

    I am actually somewhat drawn to your constant resistance to my influence, to be honest. It makes you more interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by dolphin View Post
    Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamangir View Post
    if what gilly said was false, where would allie and I be?
    Of course duals don't have to get along.

    That is why I worded things the way I did.
    It is like I have to constantly try to explain myself, in vain to Gilly. It's different from when I disagree with some people about things, like Fi types - there is some sort of common ground and desire to discuss things. But here it's just some sort of game, "oh, I know you say this, but you really mean this".

    Gilly and I do not have a flowing psychological relationship where we understand each other easily. He is "apparently" not able to understand me and apparently doesn't want to. This is some sort of "game" to him.

    I wouldn't be surprised if most of what he does is intentionally to annoy me, as he has done before. Even this comment -

    I am actually somewhat drawn to your constant resistance to my influence, to be honest. It makes you more interesting.
    I know I'm insanely appealing to some people, but you just have to get over it.


    PS: I have a feeling that I should not give this post such a serious tone to it - it doesn't matter what I say or write.
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  17. #17
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dolphin View Post
    I suppose I'm just a little angry at the whole "magical duality" thing.

    There's all this information out there that points to the conclusion that duality somehow trumps every other relationship...that it makes all your problems go away....that you will either be best friends or passionate lovers....that butterflies and rainbows will flock behind you as you walk into the fiery sunset with joy brimming in your eyes.......and that's just wrong.
    I agree with you.

    Be angry at that, but not at me, because i'm not saying I expect to have a magical relationship with "my dual"
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  18. #18
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dolphin View Post
    If you acknowledge this, I don't see why we have a disagreement. I'm opposed to the all or nothing statements, though.
    We don't disagree.

    What "all or nothing" statement are you talking about?
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  19. #19
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dolphin View Post
    I suppose this is questioning your definition/experience with Fi.....but I'm curious. Do the other Fi valuing types feel the same way you do about this?
    The aspect I was addressing is how Gilly seems to continuously be "reading into things" instead of taking what I say at face value (a possible Fe/Ti V Fi/Te difference. Beta Ni+Fe is known for pulling/pushing. Maybe both forms of Ni/Se are that way, including Gamma. That, briefly, is the socionic aspect I was getting at.


    Why do you think this this type related?
    Because I feel no common ground with him, at all.
    A lot of it isn't type related, yes.

    Why do you think this is type related? In my experience the level of annoyance has much more to do with personality than anything else.
    You make it sound like EVERYTHING I said in the post is based on the idea that the problems I have with Gilly are type related. Clearly I do not think of Gilly favorably (in some ways. Of course, I do not "hate" him, he's just annoying at the moment). Annoying someone or being appealing is not necessarily type related, yes.

    Why? Because everyone doesn't agree with you? I'll admit that can be stressful at times...
    No, because it will only further a conversation with Gilly that is already futile.

    Why on earth would I expect everyone to agree with me, especially here? A consensus on this forum is essentially unheard of.

    Hey my point is, communication, "a flowing psychological relationship" has its benefits....

    But it's not everything. That's all I'm saying.
    Hm, why did you bring all of this up here? Because how things were going flipped your switch about "magical duality" stuff?

    What has caused you to write so much about this?
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  20. #20
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UDP View Post
    Of course duals don't have to get along.

    That is why I worded things the way I did.
    It is like I have to constantly try to explain myself, in vain to Gilly. It's different from when I disagree with some people about things, like Fi types - there is some sort of common ground and desire to discuss things. But here it's just some sort of game, "oh, I know you say this, but you really mean this".

    Gilly and I do not have a flowing psychological relationship where we understand each other easily. He is "apparently" not able to understand me and apparently doesn't want to. This is some sort of "game" to him.
    Actually I'm fairly sure that I understand you somewhat well as a person, as fervently as you will deny it, or as uncomfortable for you as that may be. Maybe I am wrong, but I don't think so.

    I know I'm insanely appealing to some people, but you just have to get over it.
    Precisely my words.

    No, more like your resistance to my analysis just feels like all the more reason for me to keep up with it.

    PS: I have a feeling that I should not give this post such a serious tone to it - it doesn't matter what I say or write.
    You're right You probably shouldn't have said anything.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

  21. #21
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dolphin View Post
    Gotcha.

    Are you annoyed? I didn't mean to hijack your thread. I could start a new topic, or delete my posts, if it bothers you.
    If I was annoyed it was nothing much against you. This thread is not of much significance, so it doesn't really matter. Nothing seems to be lost.
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •