TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Maximus Decimus Meridius

Saw this and thought: what type?

Ideas don't determine who's right. Power determines who's right. And I have the power. So I'm right.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSE I guess.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSI or SLE.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Clearly Se is there. But the way in which it manifests itself I don't think is related to LSE's 8th function. I think it's more likely to be as a first or second function. Perhaps even a hidden agenda.
    Ideas don't determine who's right. Power determines who's right. And I have the power. So I'm right.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The way the character was portrayed, he seemed someone who just did the job at hand that had to be done, whatever it was, and could use Se easily but that was not his main motivation in life. So more like LSE.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    The way the character was portrayed, he seemed someone who just did the job at hand that had to be done, whatever it was, and could use Se easily but that was not his main motivation in life. So more like LSE.
    As well as serving as the dual and right hand of Marcus Aurelius (EII). If Maximus was an SLE (or probably any dominant), he definitely would not get along at all with Marcus Aurelius.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

TIM
    ILE-Ti
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agreed. If you type him based on his motivation in life definitely an LSE. The character was played by an SLE actor though. It's some sort of amalgamation. I think there are a lot of quasi identical amalgamations in Hollywood making it hard to type certain characters.
    Suomea

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suomea
    Agreed. If you type him based on his motivation in life definitely an LSE. The character was played by an SLE actor though. It's some sort of amalgamation. I think there are a lot of quasi identical amalgamations in Hollywood making it hard to type certain characters.
    Out of interest, what type do you think his character Bud White was in L.A. Confidential?

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    As well as serving as the dual and right hand of Marcus Aurelius (EII). If Maximus was an SLE (or probably any dominant), he definitely would not get along at all with Marcus Aurelius.
    I'm not sure Aurelius was an EII. He could well have been an LII. Also, have you read Meditations? No, I haven't either, but I reckon most philosophers are LIIs, especially the earlier sort.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    I'm not sure Aurelius was an EII. He could well have been an LII.
    The one in the movie, perhaps, but it's just a movie.

Also, have you read Meditations? No, I haven't either, but I reckon most philosophers are LIIs, especially the earlier sort.
    I have, and I think that's an EII.

Meditations is not really a book on philosophy as such -- it was his private notebook where he wrote down his thoughts now and then. It gives you a glimpse into the mind of an EII who was also the absolute ruler of the known world.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with this. Maximus is great at leading the team, organizing the troops, and getting the job done, but he doesn't want the glory and fortune and all that. He just wants to go home and live in peace with his family on his isolated ranch. Delta values, typical ST occupation and skills, and I think LSE>SLI makes sense.

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Of course. The ranch. Why didn't I think of that.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

marcus aurelius infj? nah. he had more Se than that.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Of course. The ranch. Why didn't I think of that.
    Well you should have, because it's obviously symbolic of his greatest motivation. If you had the opportunity to be Caesar, would YOU just lay it down to go grow crops and do manual labor out on the countryside every day, Ezra? Hell no you wouldn't, and don't go giving me this "well if I had a gagillion books and the internet and my blowup doll yeah I'd do it" bullshit. He was ready to turn down being the most powerful man in the world to go live on a fucking farm; find me an SLE or LSI who would do the same if ACTUALLY presented with the opportunity.

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hahahahaha.

Actually, to be honest, if I get my freedom, I would rather work on the farm. I'm only interested in powerful positions insofar that it gives me total independence and freedom. Take Augustus (Octavius). He had true power over his own people. One of the few emperors, if not the only one, to die of natural causes. He's something worth aspiring to. Now, look at another emperor. Let's take Nero. Oh look, he can do what he wants. Or can he? No, he's assassinated. And he was probably controlled by his mother (who he was also most likely fucking as well). Either you work hard for your freedom and independence, or you get it for free. Augustus, by the way, was an LSE. Nero was probably an SEE.

It is the difference between a 3 and an 8, Gilly. Someone once posed the question to me - would you rather work in a top position in society with a HUGE income and a high profile, but be controlled by others behind the scenes, or work as a manager of the rubbish dump, which would you choose? I said the top position. But I wasn't really thinking about it. With hindsight, I know which one I would choose. A 3 would choose the former; an 8, the latter. The idea of working in shit is the lesser of two evils to them. For the 3 (and perhaps for other types, like the 7 and the 6 (but for different reasons)), it's the opposite.