Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does this acccurately distinguish j and p

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Does this acccurately distinguish j and p

When I intend to follow a course of action, and the circumstances change, thereby disrupting the course of action I intended to follow:
    - I (normally) feel bothered by it. (j)
    - It doesn't (normally) bother me. (p)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

- It doesn't bother me. (p)

I just shug my shoulders, say "whatever", and go on to something else.
    <--- Me pouring out all my love on you!

Some days its just not worth chewing through the restraints.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is this questions very reliable for distinguishing j and p? If not, please say why.

What potential problems could there be with this question?

Thanks.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo
    Is this questions very reliable for distinguishing j and p? If not, please say why. Thanks.
    I don't know. I don't understand j's and simply can't put myself in their shoes to try to understand where they are coming from. I don't see the need to try. I understand socionics from the types in my little corner of the world. Any type I have no relationship with I just can't get a handle on. Sorry.
    <--- Me pouring out all my love on you!

Some days its just not worth chewing through the restraints.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm....I think it depends on what the course of action is.

If it's something simple like, say I was going to go to the mall and buy shoes but then a friend calls and asks if I'd like to watch a movie with them, no big deal. But say that I'd had something special planned for weeks for a friend and at the last minute they cancel, I'd definitely be disappointed. I would get over fairly quickly and not hold it against them, but still be disappointed.

I don't know...maybe p types would be less likely to hold a grudge or become bitter about the change. More forgiving.
    ISFp, SiFe, , or SEI....whatever we're calling ourselves these days.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth

If it's something simple like, say I was going to go to the mall and buy shoes but then a friend calls and asks if I'd like to watch a movie with them, no big deal. But say that I'd had something special planned for weeks for a friend and at the last minute they cancel, I'd definitely be disappointed. I would get over fairly quickly and not hold it against them, but still be disappointed.
    I was about to say the exact same thing!
    Entp
    ILE

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm exactly the same. Not going to the mall, no big deal. Cancelling a big trip at the last minute? That would bother me because I'd be excited about it. Although we've had to cancel trips at the last minute and I've gotten over it pretty quickly.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel bothered by it, but only if I was looking forward to it.
    Beware! Nerd genes on the prowl.

INFj - The Holy CPU Saint
    Dishonorary INFp
    Baah

(Very good place for emoticons. Right-click on the one you want and select "properties" for direct link)

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will add the word "normally" to the original post.

When I intend to follow a course of action, and the circumstances change, thereby disrupting the course of action I intended to follow:

Tell me what you think now. Thanks.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will add the word "normally" to the original post.

Tell me what you think now. Thanks.
    The problem remains that it's not normally or exceptionally that it bothers or not, it depends on what the situation is.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is a difficult question, because I really don't do _anything_.
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But wouldn't it be right to say that there are normal and exceptional situations.

So for example, cancelling a big trip at the last minute is not a normal situation.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MysticSonic
    This is a difficult question, because I really don't do _anything_.
    I can understand what you mean if you have no responsibilities. But what helps you to know that you are j and not p.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I attempt to envision myself in such a scenario I see myself getting frustrated by doing such an action, but I can't be certain as I don't really have enough samples from which to draw an accurate conclusion from.
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If it's something simple like, say I was going to go to the mall and buy shoes but then a friend calls and asks if I'd like to watch a movie with them, no big deal.
    I don't think this is relevant (sorry ).

The reason I say this is because you changed your intended course of action by your own free will.

Do I need to alter the original post to make this clearer. Please let me know. Thanks.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But wouldn't it be right to say that there are normal and exceptional situations.

So for example, cancelling a big trip at the last minute is not a normal situation.
    There are normal and exceptionnal situations, but these are not what define my reaction to them. It's what these situations are that does.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by detail

There are normal and exceptionnal situations, but these are not what define my reaction to them. It's what these situations are that does.
    Please give actual examples.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by detail

Please give actual examples.
    While searching for examples, i found some contradictory facts, which are probably an indicator of P. It would go more:

- I (mostly) feel bothered by it. (j)
    - It depends on the circumstances. (p)

I guess leaving flexibility in answers makes it easier for Ps to answer than setting an unflexible flexibility as a choice.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What do you think of this:

- I (normally) feel bothered by it. I (mostly) strive for predictable situations. (j)

- It doesn't (normally) bother me. I strive to adapt to ever-changing
    situations. I am spontaneous. (p)

Creepy-

If it's something simple like, say I was going to go to the mall and buy shoes but then a friend calls and asks if I'd like to watch a movie with them, no big deal.
    I don't think this is relevant (sorry ).

The reason I say this is because you changed your intended course of action by your own free will.

Do I need to alter the original post to make this clearer. Please let me know. Thanks.
    Perhaps you're right, but when I'm taking a survey such as this, that is something that would come to my mind and help me make the decision. I'm sure I'm not the only on who would go through that thought process. There would have to be something in the question that would elimnate that thought process for me. Like an example or something.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry, that was me.
    ISFp, SiFe, , or SEI....whatever we're calling ourselves these days.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But does this help:

- I (normally) feel bothered by it. I (mostly) strive for predictable situations. (j)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But does this help:

If you want to define judgement and perception this way, i suggest you read MBTI descriptions of J and P, you'll see tons of comparisons like this one, just pick one.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Socionics and mbti are not the same thing, especially in terms of j/p.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why is why we need an exceptionally different question to indicate either of the two properties(rationalit/irrationality.)

Let me propose this:

I am able to construct my inner-world in a well-structured manner(Introverted Rational/Extraverted Irrational)

I am able to classify and sort my outworld easily(Introverted Irrational/Extraverted Rational)

Just a stab at it.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why is why we need an exceptionally different question to indicate either of the two properties(rationalit/irrationality.)

Let me propose this:

I am able to construct my inner-world in a well-structured manner(Introverted Rational/Extraverted Irrational)

I am able to classify and sort my outworld easily(Introverted Irrational/Extraverted Rational)

Just a stab at it.
    Seems too abstract. People might not understand "inner world" and "outer world".

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...but

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let me propose this:

Just a stab at it.
    What about those of us who are not clear-sighted, OR organized? And do ILEs really constuxt their inner world in a well structured manner? Aren't they drunk brained just like all irrationals?
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Socionics and mbti are not the same thing, especially in terms of j/p.
    Yeah that's why i told you to check MBTI descriptions, because you define it the same way they do, but it seems like you didn't get that and thought i was the one who was confused with this.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It still seems you don't know the difference between j and p.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

j/p in socionics is to do with predictability.

j/p in mbti is to do with rigidity and structure.

INTj (socionics) might prefer predictability, but still want flexibility. There is not necessariliy a conflict between predictability and flexibility.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...but

I'm ok with this definition actually, and I can more easily choose j.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I might set a poll up.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It still seems you don't know the difference between j and p.
    Ok, what is my perception of J/P? I didn't mention it and you claim you know, tell me what it is.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"In other words, Schedulers are judicious about schedules, Probers perceptive of options."

It's the same thing as your question and it comes from an MBTI website, stop acusing other people of your faults, it's totally useless. You really want to deny truth for pride?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"In other words, Schedulers are judicious about schedules, Probers perceptive of options."

This is not the same thing as my question, and I have explained this above.

If you think it is the same thing, then the fault is yours, not mine.

I think you are being the proud one.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default INTJ

If people do make any statements it is good to know their type then you can see where the confusion comes from. Hugo could easily choose the descriptions from socionics and be satisfied with it.

quote="Hugo"]j/p in socionics is to do with predictability.

j/p in mbti is to do with rigidity and structure.

INTj (socionics) might prefer predictability, but still want flexibility. There is not necessariliy a conflict between predictability and flexibility.[/quote]

Predictability - flexibility association in INTJ comes from the desire to be free and independent while being rational at the same time. It is no point sometimes to dig deeper into socionics if you do not have a wider knowledge or sufficient experience of a particular type. At the end of the day, rationality - irrationality is a dimension and procentige will be different between the types. What type is HUGO?
    School of Associative socionics: http://socionics4you.com/

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INTj

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Numerology

Hugo, if it is not a secret, may I ask you about your full date of birth?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is that picture, what Hugo is useing really he's picture?

As I understand the rationals need to know what comes next, but the irrationals don't. I would say that the rationals need to plan their relationships with the people, but the irrationals want to co-work out the future, this might end up in discussions about the matter with out the decisions of real action.
    Semiotical process

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast