Results 1 to 34 of 34

Thread: Typical Type Job

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Typical Type Job

    Hello Hello. I'm an information addict. As such, here I am looking to put you guys to use for a couple of typings. My Myers-Brigg can go about one of 4 ways depending on the day and the test with about two of those types predominant ( I know it's NOT relavent to socionomics). I'll see what you guys type me.

    The Strength's Finders Test Listed off the following for me:

    Input, Learner, Relator, Ideation, Strategic (For those of you who know the test make of it what you will in your typing)

    I'm an information addict. I love logic. I'll apply logic to anything from philosophy, morals, relationships, and people. Typically I do very well in school and am able to work several extrapolate pieces of information from one small piece. My majors are in biology and chemistry and I'm currently working toward medical school. I've consistantly been the best student in any class I've decided to put even minimal effort toward. If I don't put the effort in - and occasionally I don't because I'm either distracted or think the prof and his material is bogus (and even then I'll work hard just to establish that I've mastered his material while yawning). It's very hard to overwork me. I've consistantly taken 20 hour loads with multiple laboratory science classes per semester.

    I'm a pilot and love the freedom it offers.

    In terms of religion and faith, I find myself fairly religious from my experiences in biochemistry and my moral systems. I place a high value on civility and define true love as selflessness (which I find worthy of aspiring too) and seperate it from passion and attraction.

    I read a lot. I'll read novels, how-to books, philosophy texts, logic texts, books on sex, books on war, business, anything.... I love the time alone where my mind can just mull over a new concept and work the in's and outs of it.

    I find myself holding 4-5 circles of friends each of varying sizes and am able to enjoy being with any group at a given time. Generally I'm well received and can push the group towards activities and general mischief. I love a good joke, don't mind a little morbid humor but typically enjoy well-crafted whit the most, but typically take offense when civility towards members of the group breaks down. My friends typically come to me for advice especially girls - and I like listening and seeing if I can help them with their problems. I'll usually try and be objective in my analysis but at the same time help them find ways to cope or fix the situation. I love people and being able to help them with the gifts I've been given. My insight into both the natural world, and human relations is probably my largest gift.

    In social events I can market myself fairly well. I've yet to go into an interview for anything and not come out with exactly what I was looking for. I'm more than willing at school or work to step back and let others lead -- unless noone does -- and then I'll step foward because it has to be done.

    My own love life saw one major girlfriend from 9th grade till the end of 11th grade. I've dated the same girl on and off for individual dates ever since (senior in college now.) I've dated a series of other girls lightly but nothing serious. Primarily, I keep myself at a distance from them because they'll get moody without logical reasons to do so. I show them a great time and all...but I remain aloof. If I find myself head over heals for someone the situation usually goes the other way with myself chasing from behind in the relationship and my feelings often becoming painfully deep. I'll second guess myself alot looking for new information - like now.

    In high school I had a major personality shift. I went from being willing to challenge or argue any point that I found wasn't grounded in logic or to me made the other individual look like an idiot (especially when their decisions affected other people). I could pick apart about any arguement. The habit was broken when my parents decided to divorce, my girlfriend of two years left me, was kicked out of my father's house, lost my car, didn't make the baseball team, received a rejection letter from my dream school and life plan (Naval Academy), and had my dog die in the course of one week. After about a six month depression, especially over the girl (who jerks me around even to this day) I decided that I loved life, it was gift, and had no business moping in it. I no longer picked arguements, was much much more tolerant of diverging views - though I still prefer anyone back something up if they want to sell it to me. I was extremely laid back until about my junior year of college when I met a girl who motivated me to push myself in the realm of acedemics and I've found focus again. I hated not knowing what I was going to do with my life - without the knowledge I didn't have alot of motivation to push myself. Decided I wanted to go into medicine and I've found my academic performance is running on all cylinders again.

    I have flaws - a ton of them. I lose small objects, can be accused of being too serious because of my passion for philosophy and politics or love of argueing for the intellectual stimulation - and can often push a point too far. To some people I come off as arrogent because I'll call others on logical fallacies or push them to exam their view points. Others see me as charming - I've often been described as the kind of guy you'd find in a 1940s jazz club playing base while people are swing dancing around me. My ex says I'm indecisive - which comes from me looking for more information I suppose.

    Anyways thanks for reading through a hastily and very poorily produced description of myself. Let me know if you want / need more.

  2. #2
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,626
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    probably an entj-te or estj-te, i can't see anything else

    sound like the hardass version of myself
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  3. #3
    Expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,853
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    LIE (ENTj) or LSE (ESTj).
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

  4. #4
    eunice's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    TIM
    Ne-INFj
    Posts
    2,955
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Typical Type Job

    Quote Originally Posted by Mountaineer
    Anyways thanks for reading through a hastily and very poorily produced description of myself. Let me know if you want / need more.
    I thought your self-description was beautifully written.

  5. #5
    cunnilingus epilepsy inducer
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,428
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Typical Type Job

    Quote Originally Posted by eunice
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountaineer
    Anyways thanks for reading through a hastily and very poorily produced description of myself. Let me know if you want / need more.
    I thought your self-description was beautifully written.
    ?

    And I agree with everyone else LSE or LIE.

  6. #6
    ...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    9,169
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Definitely LIE.
    Ideas don't determine who's right. Power determines who's right. And I have the power. So I'm right.

  7. #7
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    probably an entj-te or estj-te, i can't see anything else

    sound like the hardass version of myself

  8. #8
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Typical Type Job

    Quote Originally Posted by Mountaineer
    Hello Hello. I'm an information addict. As such, here I am looking to put you guys to use for a couple of typings. My Myers-Brigg can go about one of 4 ways depending on the day and the test with about two of those types predominant ( I know it's NOT relavent to socionomics). I'll see what you guys type me.

    The Strength's Finders Test Listed off the following for me:

    Input, Learner, Relator, Ideation, Strategic (For those of you who know the test make of it what you will in your typing)

    I'm an information addict. I love logic. I'll apply logic to anything from philosophy, morals, relationships, and people. Typically I do very well in school and am able to work several extrapolate pieces of information from one small piece. My majors are in biology and chemistry and I'm currently working toward medical school. I've consistantly been the best student in any class I've decided to put even minimal effort toward. If I don't put the effort in - and occasionally I don't because I'm either distracted or think the prof and his material is bogus (and even then I'll work hard just to establish that I've mastered his material while yawning). It's very hard to overwork me. I've consistantly taken 20 hour loads with multiple laboratory science classes per semester.

    I'm a pilot and love the freedom it offers.

    In terms of religion and faith, I find myself fairly religious from my experiences in biochemistry and my moral systems. I place a high value on civility and define true love as selflessness (which I find worthy of aspiring too) and seperate it from passion and attraction.

    I read a lot. I'll read novels, how-to books, philosophy texts, logic texts, books on sex, books on war, business, anything.... I love the time alone where my mind can just mull over a new concept and work the in's and outs of it.

    I find myself holding 4-5 circles of friends each of varying sizes and am able to enjoy being with any group at a given time. Generally I'm well received and can push the group towards activities and general mischief. I love a good joke, don't mind a little morbid humor but typically enjoy well-crafted whit the most, but typically take offense when civility towards members of the group breaks down. My friends typically come to me for advice especially girls - and I like listening and seeing if I can help them with their problems. I'll usually try and be objective in my analysis but at the same time help them find ways to cope or fix the situation. I love people and being able to help them with the gifts I've been given. My insight into both the natural world, and human relations is probably my largest gift.

    In social events I can market myself fairly well. I've yet to go into an interview for anything and not come out with exactly what I was looking for. I'm more than willing at school or work to step back and let others lead -- unless noone does -- and then I'll step foward because it has to be done.

    My own love life saw one major girlfriend from 9th grade till the end of 11th grade. I've dated the same girl on and off for individual dates ever since (senior in college now.) I've dated a series of other girls lightly but nothing serious. Primarily, I keep myself at a distance from them because they'll get moody without logical reasons to do so. I show them a great time and all...but I remain aloof. If I find myself head over heals for someone the situation usually goes the other way with myself chasing from behind in the relationship and my feelings often becoming painfully deep. I'll second guess myself alot looking for new information - like now.

    In high school I had a major personality shift. I went from being willing to challenge or argue any point that I found wasn't grounded in logic or to me made the other individual look like an idiot (especially when their decisions affected other people). I could pick apart about any arguement. The habit was broken when my parents decided to divorce, my girlfriend of two years left me, was kicked out of my father's house, lost my car, didn't make the baseball team, received a rejection letter from my dream school and life plan (Naval Academy), and had my dog die in the course of one week. After about a six month depression, especially over the girl (who jerks me around even to this day) I decided that I loved life, it was gift, and had no business moping in it. I no longer picked arguements, was much much more tolerant of diverging views - though I still prefer anyone back something up if they want to sell it to me. I was extremely laid back until about my junior year of college when I met a girl who motivated me to push myself in the realm of acedemics and I've found focus again. I hated not knowing what I was going to do with my life - without the knowledge I didn't have alot of motivation to push myself. Decided I wanted to go into medicine and I've found my academic performance is running on all cylinders again.

    I have flaws - a ton of them. I lose small objects, can be accused of being too serious because of my passion for philosophy and politics or love of argueing for the intellectual stimulation - and can often push a point too far. To some people I come off as arrogent because I'll call others on logical fallacies or push them to exam their view points. Others see me as charming - I've often been described as the kind of guy you'd find in a 1940s jazz club playing base while people are swing dancing around me. My ex says I'm indecisive - which comes from me looking for more information I suppose.

    Anyways thanks for reading through a hastily and very poorily produced description of myself. Let me know if you want / need more.
    From this, ENTp seems like the top possibility, but any Ti type could work.

  9. #9
    eunice's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    TIM
    Ne-INFj
    Posts
    2,955
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Typical Type Job

    Quote Originally Posted by electric
    Quote Originally Posted by eunice
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountaineer
    Anyways thanks for reading through a hastily and very poorily produced description of myself. Let me know if you want / need more.
    I thought your self-description was beautifully written.
    ?
    I really like his writing style alot. His points are well-organized and his descriptions seem to follow a chronological time order, so there's a smooth flow which makes it easy to comprehend. His sentences were short, simple and concise, basically saying what he meant without giving too much superfluous details . His casual writing style gives me the impression that he is a friendly, down-to-earth and polite person. I also appreciate that he doesn't mind been self-revealing.

    It sounds weird, but I really like the way he starts his paragraph :
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountaineer
    Hello Hello

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I appreciate the input guys. You guys were pretty well on. Myers-briggs typically puts me INTJ or INFJ with INTJ winning out slightly more than INFJ. ENTJ and INTP occasionally come up.

    I'm still learning the in's and outs of socionomics. Knowing that would you guys change your type or leave it about the same?

  11. #11
    cunnilingus epilepsy inducer
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,428
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Typical Type Job

    Quote Originally Posted by eunice
    Quote Originally Posted by electric
    Quote Originally Posted by eunice
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountaineer
    Anyways thanks for reading through a hastily and very poorily produced description of myself. Let me know if you want / need more.
    I thought your self-description was beautifully written.
    ?
    I really like his writing style alot. His points are well-organized and his descriptions seem to follow a chronological time order, so there's a smooth flow which makes it easy to comprehend. His sentences were short, simple and concise, basically saying what he meant without giving too much superfluous details . His casual writing style gives me the impression that he is a friendly, down-to-earth and polite person. I also appreciate that he doesn't mind been self-revealing.

    It sounds weird, but I really like the way he starts his paragraph :
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountaineer
    Hello Hello
    I don't know if I hate you or not.

  12. #12
    eunice's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    TIM
    Ne-INFj
    Posts
    2,955
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Typical Type Job

    Quote Originally Posted by electric
    Quote Originally Posted by eunice
    Quote Originally Posted by electric
    Quote Originally Posted by eunice
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountaineer
    Anyways thanks for reading through a hastily and very poorily produced description of myself. Let me know if you want / need more.
    I thought your self-description was beautifully written.
    ?
    I really like his writing style alot. His points are well-organized and his descriptions seem to follow a chronological time order, so there's a smooth flow which makes it easy to comprehend. His sentences were short, simple and concise, basically saying what he meant without giving too much superfluous details . His casual writing style gives me the impression that he is a friendly, down-to-earth and polite person. I also appreciate that he doesn't mind been self-revealing.

    It sounds weird, but I really like the way he starts his paragraph :
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountaineer
    Hello Hello
    I don't know if I hate you or not.

    Explain.

  13. #13
    cunnilingus epilepsy inducer
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,428
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    You have all the attributes of someone who would annoy me on 16types but you're not that annoying or you're annoying and something doesn't seem right, IDK. Something like that.

  14. #14
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I understand why people are seeing Te, but I think it's based on the idea that Te is about "external knowledge" when that's really only part of what Te is. The simplest way to describe Te is to say that it's about what works. Ti is more of an intellectual or systematic logic. Ti also derives knowledge from external sources... it just places that knowledge somewhere in it's system before accepting/utilizing it. How many Ti types (especially Alpha NTs) do you know who don't find scientific books and articles interesting?

    Also, I can see how some would see the arguing with others as an EJ thing, but I think enjoying intellectual argument is a very typical Ti characteristic.

    Based on the current description, I think that this individual is Ti > Te.

  15. #15
    Suomea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    TIM
    ILE-Ti
    Posts
    1,054
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    I understand why people are seeing Te, but I think it's based on the idea that Te is about "external knowledge" when that's really only part of what Te is. The simplest way to describe Te is to say that it's about what works. Ti is more of an intellectual or systematic logic. Ti also derives knowledge from external sources... it just places that knowledge somewhere in it's system before accepting/utilizing it. How many Ti types (especially Alpha NTs) do you know who don't find scientific books and articles interesting?

    Also, I can see how some would see the arguing with others as an EJ thing, but I think enjoying intellectual argument is a very typical Ti characteristic.

    Based on the current description, I think that this individual is Ti > Te.
    I agree with Joy on all these points. Te is about what works and achievement or utilization of people toward that product. Much of this is figured out by reading "reliable sources" but the mere act of reading is not Te at all which is why I think that you were casted as an ENTj and ESTj by a few. It also seems obvious to me that you are an Alpha or a Delta.....

    I "take offense when civility towards members of the group breaks down."

    and

    I "define true love as selflessness."

    I would guess ENTp right now over INTj just because of the somewhat high energy of your writing style and outgoingness of your speech, and the pseudo Fe hidden agenda grandiose sense of self which I'm getting which can be an indication of Fi POLR. INTj is the other guess I'd have with ESTj in the back burner maybe. One thing to remember is that Te is not something that ENTps lack and is one of their strongest functions anyhow which is why people might type ENTps as Te dominant. I personally love coaching basketball and directing people towards winning and take the lead anytime it's necessary in anything I'm doing. If you want to see an ENTp directing I think Admiral Nelson is a good example of an ENTp directing a Navy. As for the reading... do you find that you pick up a lot of books/articles anything but get swept away by something else and don't finish reading them? Are you somewhat bi-polar in your moods? Do you say sometimes that the world is coming to an end? All of these would suggest ENTp which is my guess right now.
    Suomea

  16. #16

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    USA.
    TIM
    INTj
    Posts
    4,497
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    yes I agree with Suomea. Many ENTps can type ENTJ because of their energy level, which causes them to be quite active. I've also known some ENTps who are into coaching and teaching as well. writing style being energetic could also be INTj.

  17. #17

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Carla
    Hey Mountaineer:

    Does one of the following descriptions describe what you look for in everyday interactions with people more than the other? (Pick either A or B. Dont pick bits and pieces from each.) Describe.

    A) He/she admires people who can create a lively atmosphere easily and jolt everyone out of their natural state of being. He/she can enjoy a jolly group atmosphere of movies, jokes, and the like, with friends, despite otherwise often making an impression of being very "serious".

    Compared to other "serious" people, the individual seems easily amused in the company of people with strong displays of laughter and cheer and other raw emotion. Although the individual may seem serious in the company of strangers, he/she is likely to not be serious at all with people who know him/her better. His/her behavior changes very much - a calm and serious structured person will suddenly become jovial, quietly energetic, and emotionally very warm.
    B) The individual desires close personal relationships where personal and private experiences can be shared easily in an atmosphere of mutual trust, sustained by shared sentiments and ethical beliefs that make external expression of emotions unnecessary. The individual is attracted to persons who follow clear sets of ethical principles, which gives them credibility and makes them deserving of trust in the individual's eyes.
    For the moment I'll take A. While one of my core desires - if not my core desire - is for a single relationship on the level of B, I find myself in the A situation much more often. Reality in this case seems to trump desire.

    I've never have had a bi-polar episode. My one experience with depression came during the period I described (end of my junior year) and I see as a natural response to a large upheaval (see listed events in reference to time frame). I've never believed the world will end for me following a tramatic event. My emotions are usually sustained over long periods of time until I locate a logical reason to change them. The exception is if I fall head over heals for a girl. Emotion can sometimes push me then - keep in mind I'm a 22 year old male - hormone levels are probably fairly high on those matters. I tend to view logic and rationality as guiding forces and use emotion to sweeten life events - rather than dictate or direct them. Usually once the event is over I move on though I do stress (doesn't everyone?) leading up to the event. As for the books it depends on the books and the quality of the author and riding style. I can flip through a 1000 page page-turner in under a week. On a text book or how-to book I can read and enjoy 4-5 at a time.

    If there is one thing I'm sure of - I'm definatly intuition over sensing.

  18. #18
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Carla
    I've seen INTjs and ENTjs both really get stuck into and enjoy intellectual arguments
    Yes, but if asked to describe themselves, I don't think most ENTjs would stress logic so much or make a point to say that they like logical arguments. I think ENTjs can be prone to arguing or debating with people, but when they do it's over a specific fact or the best way to do something. The word "logic" in a non-Socionics sense implies some sort of systemization, which is much more applicable to Ti than Te.

    My verdict at present is Alpha NT.

  19. #19

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Oh last little bit - my achiellis' heel in school are laboratories. I'll ace a lecture portion only to see a lab portion go just outside the limits of the expected.

  20. #20
    Suomea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    TIM
    ILE-Ti
    Posts
    1,054
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mountaineer
    Quote Originally Posted by Carla
    Hey Mountaineer:

    Does one of the following descriptions describe what you look for in everyday interactions with people more than the other? (Pick either A or B. Dont pick bits and pieces from each.) Describe.

    A) He/she admires people who can create a lively atmosphere easily and jolt everyone out of their natural state of being. He/she can enjoy a jolly group atmosphere of movies, jokes, and the like, with friends, despite otherwise often making an impression of being very "serious".

    Compared to other "serious" people, the individual seems easily amused in the company of people with strong displays of laughter and cheer and other raw emotion. Although the individual may seem serious in the company of strangers, he/she is likely to not be serious at all with people who know him/her better. His/her behavior changes very much - a calm and serious structured person will suddenly become jovial, quietly energetic, and emotionally very warm.
    B) The individual desires close personal relationships where personal and private experiences can be shared easily in an atmosphere of mutual trust, sustained by shared sentiments and ethical beliefs that make external expression of emotions unnecessary. The individual is attracted to persons who follow clear sets of ethical principles, which gives them credibility and makes them deserving of trust in the individual's eyes.
    For the moment I'll take A. While one of my core desires - if not my core desire - is for a single relationship on the level of B, I find myself in the A situation much more often. Reality in this case seems to trump desire.

    I've never have had a bi-polar episode. My one experience with depression came during the period I described (end of my junior year) and I see as a natural response to a large upheaval (see listed events in reference to time frame). I've never believed the world will end for me following a tramatic event. My emotions are usually sustained over long periods of time until I locate a logical reason to change them. The exception is if I fall head over heals for a girl. Emotion can sometimes push me then - keep in mind I'm a 22 year old male - hormone levels are probably fairly high on those matters. I tend to view logic and rationality as guiding forces and use emotion to sweeten life events - rather than dictate or direct them. Usually once the event is over I move on though I do stress (doesn't everyone?) leading up to the event. As for the books it depends on the books and the quality of the author and riding style. I can flip through a 1000 page page-turner in under a week. On a text book or how-to book I can read and enjoy 4-5 at a time.

    If there is one thing I'm sure of - I'm definatly intuition over sensing.
    Didn't mean you actually had a bi-polar episode just was asking whether you had bi-polar like mood swings. Not that all ENTps have giant mood swings but it is definitely a lot more of a roller coaster with them then with INTjs who are more stable. I think INTj seems more likely now of the two in your case......
    Suomea

  21. #21
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,626
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    Quote Originally Posted by Carla
    I've seen INTjs and ENTjs both really get stuck into and enjoy intellectual arguments
    Yes, but if asked to describe themselves, I don't think most ENTjs would stress logic so much or make a point to say that they like logical arguments. I think ENTjs can be prone to arguing or debating with people, but when they do it's over a specific fact or the best way to do something. The word "logic" in a non-Socionics sense implies some sort of systemization, which is much more applicable to Ti than Te.

    My verdict at present is Alpha NT.
    Good point the one about logic, but don't you think he's emphasizing work ethic too much to be an Alpha?
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  22. #22

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Suomea

    Didn't mean you actually had a bi-polar episode just was asking whether you had bi-polar like mood swings. Not that all ENTps have giant mood swings but it is definitely a lot more of a roller coaster with them then with INTjs who are more stable. I think INTj seems more likely now of the two in your case......
    Phrased that way...I don't have giant mood swings but my emotions can be situational. I do feel emotional pain pretty strongly upon rejection - but I rebound quickly at this point in my life. I'm sad when someone close to me dies or here a particularly touching piece of music or see a moving scene. If I'm stressed its because I'm looking at the unknown 9 times out of 10 rather than from being overworked.

  23. #23

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr
    Can you describe how you sit in a chair.. what you do, body language?
    Depends on where I am. With people I typically am 6 inches from the edge of the chair back very straight and slightly forward. Hands on my legs. Elbows to the sides of my body. If I'm going for a laid back look I'll typically be less symetrical in my posture. It sounds awkward but looks very natural and has a confident / attentive / outgoing look about it.

    On my own I find myself sitting on my legs or a leg.

  24. #24
    rockclimber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    691
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    are you actually into mountaineering? if so, what is your draw to it?
    EII

    I'll tell you what
    there is plenty wrong with me
    but I fixed up a few old buildings
    and I've planted a few trees.

  25. #25

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rockclimber
    are you actually into mountaineering? if so, what is your draw to it?
    I hail from the state of West Virginia. I love the country side - particulary the mountains and the woods, but I'm more than capable of living in a large city or interacting with large groups of people at once. I love the crowded streets of Europe just as much as the Mountains back home. West Virginia offered me the unique opportunity to experience both suburbia and the country. I've attended college in the past in a large city. West Virginia allowed me to get the varying viewpoints from the Northeast, Midwest, Southeast, and Washington DC. I've traveled to most of North America, Africa, Australia, and Europe. Those experiences have given me a pretty broad perspective.

    My father is an ESTP in myers-briggs. Possibly where I grab my marketing skills from.

    If you have questions - I hope to have answers. I appreciate the feedback.

    So the concensous is either ENTP / INTJ / INTP?

  26. #26
    rockclimber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    691
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    you definitely don't strike me as INTp.
    EII

    I'll tell you what
    there is plenty wrong with me
    but I fixed up a few old buildings
    and I've planted a few trees.

  27. #27
    Dioklecian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    ILI
    Posts
    4,304
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Typical Type Job

    Quote Originally Posted by Mountaineer
    Hello Hello. I'm an information addict. As such, here I am looking to put you guys to use for a couple of typings. My Myers-Brigg can go about one of 4 ways depending on the day and the test with about two of those types predominant ( I know it's NOT relavent to socionomics). I'll see what you guys type me.

    The Strength's Finders Test Listed off the following for me:

    Input, Learner, Relator, Ideation, Strategic (For those of you who know the test make of it what you will in your typing)

    I'm an information addict. I love logic. I'll apply logic to anything from philosophy, morals, relationships, and people. Typically I do very well in school and am able to work several extrapolate pieces of information from one small piece. My majors are in biology and chemistry and I'm currently working toward medical school. I've consistantly been the best student in any class I've decided to put even minimal effort toward. If I don't put the effort in - and occasionally I don't because I'm either distracted or think the prof and his material is bogus (and even then I'll work hard just to establish that I've mastered his material while yawning). It's very hard to overwork me. I've consistantly taken 20 hour loads with multiple laboratory science classes per semester.

    I'm a pilot and love the freedom it offers.

    In terms of religion and faith, I find myself fairly religious from my experiences in biochemistry and my moral systems. I place a high value on civility and define true love as selflessness (which I find worthy of aspiring too) and seperate it from passion and attraction.

    I read a lot. I'll read novels, how-to books, philosophy texts, logic texts, books on sex, books on war, business, anything.... I love the time alone where my mind can just mull over a new concept and work the in's and outs of it.

    I find myself holding 4-5 circles of friends each of varying sizes and am able to enjoy being with any group at a given time. Generally I'm well received and can push the group towards activities and general mischief. I love a good joke, don't mind a little morbid humor but typically enjoy well-crafted whit the most, but typically take offense when civility towards members of the group breaks down. My friends typically come to me for advice especially girls - and I like listening and seeing if I can help them with their problems. I'll usually try and be objective in my analysis but at the same time help them find ways to cope or fix the situation. I love people and being able to help them with the gifts I've been given. My insight into both the natural world, and human relations is probably my largest gift.

    In social events I can market myself fairly well. I've yet to go into an interview for anything and not come out with exactly what I was looking for. I'm more than willing at school or work to step back and let others lead -- unless noone does -- and then I'll step foward because it has to be done.

    My own love life saw one major girlfriend from 9th grade till the end of 11th grade. I've dated the same girl on and off for individual dates ever since (senior in college now.) I've dated a series of other girls lightly but nothing serious. Primarily, I keep myself at a distance from them because they'll get moody without logical reasons to do so. I show them a great time and all...but I remain aloof. If I find myself head over heals for someone the situation usually goes the other way with myself chasing from behind in the relationship and my feelings often becoming painfully deep. I'll second guess myself alot looking for new information - like now.

    In high school I had a major personality shift. I went from being willing to challenge or argue any point that I found wasn't grounded in logic or to me made the other individual look like an idiot (especially when their decisions affected other people). I could pick apart about any arguement. The habit was broken when my parents decided to divorce, my girlfriend of two years left me, was kicked out of my father's house, lost my car, didn't make the baseball team, received a rejection letter from my dream school and life plan (Naval Academy), and had my dog die in the course of one week. After about a six month depression, especially over the girl (who jerks me around even to this day) I decided that I loved life, it was gift, and had no business moping in it. I no longer picked arguements, was much much more tolerant of diverging views - though I still prefer anyone back something up if they want to sell it to me. I was extremely laid back until about my junior year of college when I met a girl who motivated me to push myself in the realm of acedemics and I've found focus again. I hated not knowing what I was going to do with my life - without the knowledge I didn't have alot of motivation to push myself. Decided I wanted to go into medicine and I've found my academic performance is running on all cylinders again.

    I have flaws - a ton of them. I lose small objects, can be accused of being too serious because of my passion for philosophy and politics or love of argueing for the intellectual stimulation - and can often push a point too far. To some people I come off as arrogent because I'll call others on logical fallacies or push them to exam their view points. Others see me as charming - I've often been described as the kind of guy you'd find in a 1940s jazz club playing base while people are swing dancing around me. My ex says I'm indecisive - which comes from me looking for more information I suppose.

    Anyways thanks for reading through a hastily and very poorily produced description of myself. Let me know if you want / need more.

    I relate to this description at a personal level, however I am not sure that you are INTP. I don't think that you are ESTJ though. A few pics would be very helpful.
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

  28. #28

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default



    Senior Year of High School



    Also Senior Year of High School



    Summer Post Senior Year - I'm on the far right



    Me flying my plane - bonus points to the person who identifies the runway



    Front Right Kneeling - Rwanda - Last January



    Bahamas June

  29. #29
    Suomea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    TIM
    ILE-Ti
    Posts
    1,054
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Still think INTj..... Alpha NT at least but a lot of things make me think INTj over ENTp. The way you stand, the way your hair is parted in a very male INTj way, the way you responded to my post..... everything really. I can see small cases for ENTj and ESTj but they really aren't that big of cases IMO. Last pic shows a lot of Fe so I really doubt that INTp is it. Anyway my two cents.
    Suomea

  30. #30
    eunice's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    TIM
    Ne-INFj
    Posts
    2,955
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    You look LIE to me.

  31. #31

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Thanks guys for the responses. Out of pure curiousity, I was under the impression my J / P score would flip in scocionomics. Any reason it doesn't?

  32. #32
    Logos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    5,406
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mountaineer
    Quote Originally Posted by rockclimber
    are you actually into mountaineering? if so, what is your draw to it?
    I hail from the state of West Virginia. I love the country side - particulary the mountains and the woods, but I'm more than capable of living in a large city or interacting with large groups of people at once. I love the crowded streets of Europe just as much as the Mountains back home. West Virginia offered me the unique opportunity to experience both suburbia and the country. I've attended college in the past in a large city. West Virginia allowed me to get the varying viewpoints from the Northeast, Midwest, Southeast, and Washington DC. I've traveled to most of North America, Africa, Australia, and Europe. Those experiences have given me a pretty broad perspective.

    My father is an ESTP in myers-briggs. Possibly where I grab my marketing skills from.

    If you have questions - I hope to have answers. I appreciate the feedback.

    So the concensous is either ENTP / INTJ / INTP?
    And I thought that you may have been an Appalachian State Mountaineer, especially since you post just several days after the Mountaineer win over Michigan.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mountaineer
    Thanks guys for the responses. Out of pure curiousity, I was under the impression my J / P score would flip in scocionomics. Any reason it doesn't?
    Two separate systems (despite the perceived overlap), so there is no real rules of conversion. It is just best to start from the ground up when coming to Socionics.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

  33. #33
    Suomea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    TIM
    ILE-Ti
    Posts
    1,054
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Have you read the type descriptions? Any of them work for you?
    Suomea

  34. #34

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    890
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    probably an entj-te or estj-te, i can't see anything else

    sound like the hardass version of myself
    I agree 100%. The photos make me lean toward ESTj, but I'm not positive on that one.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •