Thread: most physically/mentally inert

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default most physically/mentally inert

people often associate physical/mental inertia with tiredness or depression, but what if this is your natural tendency when otherwise feeling fine? i am not sure i've learned how to jump start myself out of these inert states. it's like a wave will suddenly come over me, i will feel compelled to pick myself up, and begin "productive" activity. until then, i'm dead to the world. even my mind will sometimes feel like it's frozen in one spot. i often pace, tap, whistle, etc. to encourage some meaningful activity to follow (and sometimes it works), but generally it feels like i'm at an impasse until i have no choice but to act/think about what is actually relevant to my functioning in the world. crisis situations, which i encounter quite often at work and in my few (sucker) relationships, seem the perfect opportunity for me to act efficiently. i wonder if this is why i attract the crisis-prone types.

which types are most prone to physical / mental inertia?

i should also mention that i appear busy quite often and that work acquaintances think i work hard because:

1. i appear busy to them and put in a lot of hours
    2. all at once, i will complete something that should have taken days/weeks.

INTp trait? Which other types might be prone to these patterns and why? what can be done to improve?
    whenever the dog and i see each other we both stop where we are. we regard each other with a mixture of sadness and suspicion and then we feign indifference.

Jerry, The Zoo Story by Edward Albee

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am constantly moving while sitting... but ultimately I do very little. I live in my head. I don't know how to get out of stagnation. Maybe this is an Ni thing.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am also very inert and lazy in nearly all affairs in my life. I believe it's a common intuitive trait that is caused by our general disconnection with our bodies and the general use of anything that is oriented towards the "real" world instead of the world of ideas. Si dominants also seem this way too, though, and such behavior isn't that surprising. These types are more caught up with their sense of comfort than actually acting in a way that an Se type or an extroverted sensing type might.
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does the Reasonable/Resolute Reinin dichotomy have any bearing on this?

Reasonable (I and IV quadra):
    Rassuditelnye (I i IV kvadry):

1. Reasonable in their natural state are "weakened"; they will try to be maximally mobilized, concentrate only on the state of accomplishing an objective, and after the task is complete, mobilize again. Chronically decreased activity (A lack of mobilization) is the natural state of the reasonable.
    2. For the reasonable it is mandatory that before an important (Crucial) business they stay in their natural state of "slackness" (To rest, take it easy, generally to have low activity) - the better this rest, the better the subsequent mobilization, concentration at crucial moments - their overall performance. The more difficult the task ahead of them the more crucial and necessary the rest before becomes.
    3. A transition from a state of mobilization (high activity) to a state of slackness (low activity) is a natural thing and presents no problem what so ever for the reasonable. However reasonable can experience difficulties while "mobilizing" (Difficulty leaving their natural state). Because of that they often/frequently require special stimulus to get mobilized (They are inclined to put themselves in situations where external factors either force them or decide for them)
    4. Reasonable has a tendency to divide upcoming large matters/businesses into several stages. In their dealings with it they are mobilized while performing each of the separate stages and between them revert to their natural state. Small matters/businesses tend to have only one stage.
    5. They become aware of their state of readiness/mobilization at the moment of beginning consideration of actions i.e. at the most minimal level or mobilization. On the other hand they are badly aware of moments of decision making and often do not remember them.
    6. Reasonable is better aware of and considers more valuable the preparatory stage before actually decision making (Considering, discussing, choosing options and so on) and invest in this stage more time and effort. The stages themselves and performance while executing them is implied and considered less important, they are given less attention.
    7. In regards to their work for the reasonable a certain level of convenience, freedom and comfort is very important. Their place of work (The environment in which they work) they are inclined to estimate from the point of view of how they satisfy the conditions of their performance/work. Reasonable is not inclined to renounce their comfort, convenience, they are not ready to sacrifice their working conditions for the sake of result (For instance a larger pay check) "Well I simply can't do without my peace!"
    8. Speech features: they describe how and why they came to a decision, but do not allocate the moment of decision making; in conversations regarding work they speak of work conditions (Convenience, breaks, proximity to their place of residence and so on)

Resolute (II and III quadra):
    Reshitelnye (II and III kvadry):

1. Resolute will often mobilize itself even before this become necessary, as if they are subconsciously preparing for accomplishing upcoming tasks; after accomplishing a task the resolute remains in state of mobilization for some time after that. Readiness is their natural state.
    2. It is necessary for the resolute to stay in their natural sate of mobilization up until the end (termination) of an important affair ? the mobilization brings them efficiency and a sense of balance, they have better concentration, address issues on a more deep level, and more saturated/rich will be their rest/leisure ("One does not "stroll" to work ? and to take breaks/rest is not desirable")
    3. After the completion of a difficult or prolonged task a transition/exit from the state of mobilization is very complicated (Frequently this is expressed by a "confused" meaningless activity). Therefore the resolute often requires additional, external forces to help accomplish that (For instance a special plan of action "After the test I'll go to the cinema") or turn to other people to help them relax and forget about their affairs/tasks.
    4. Resolute is not inclined to divide upcoming large tasks into separate stages, they will instead stay mobilized for the entire duration of the task so that the task could be accomplished as a whole. As a result of that at times when they are not executing the task they are in a state of internal readiness to continue.
    5. Their state of readiness for action becomes aware at the moment of decision making i.e. when the mobilization reaches a sufficiently high level. Moments of decision making are realized and remembered by them.
    6. Resolute is good at becoming aware of stages of action since they are good at being aware of the moments of decision making, and they invest more time and effort into this what they consider to be the most important part of work (The actual work). They appreciate far less and are far less aware of the preparation stage before the actual work then they appreciate and are aware of decisions and performances.
    7. Resolute is far more inclined to work for the sake of the result (For example, reward) and in contrast to the reasonable, can renounce their comforts, convenience. The place of work is estimated from the point of view of what "fruits" do they get in return for their invested effort (This includes money)
    8. Speech features: they allocate the moments of decision making and in detail speak of stages/states of performances; in conversation regarding work they speak about their "fruits"; in speech the word "money" is often heard
    EII
    4w5, sp/sx

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: most physically/mentally inert

Quote Originally Posted by reyn_til_runa
    it's like a wave will suddenly come over me, i will feel compelled to pick myself up, and begin "productive" activity. until then, i'm dead to the world. even my mind will sometimes feel like it's frozen in one spot.
    I've mentioned something along these lines before, and I believe I can influence the change with some physical activity and sensory input. Going outside and expending energy on something useless like a walk is the last thing I feellike doing, but I know logically it's the best thing for me. I will always come back refreshed, focused, and reading to get going on whatever it is that needs to be done. I get over that lethargic hump.
    SLI/ISTp -- Te subtype

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

According to Pavlov :

introtims are inert by their nature, whereas extrotims are mobile

EJ is mobile and balanced (strong-balanced-mobile)
    IJ is inert and balanced (strong-balanced-inert)
    EP is mobile and not balanced (strong-nonbalanced)
    IP is inert and not balanced (weak)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by machintruc
    According to Pavlov :

I thought you disapeared? Go, run away and try and find Christ again.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dee
    Quote Originally Posted by machintruc
    According to Pavlov :

EP is actually EJ and the other way around on your list. that's why EJs are having a hard time to control themselves, where as EPs are better at it. and please don't argue, just check th initial theory of Pavlov again.
    Balanced means that thresholds of excitation and inhibition are equal.