Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: My Type

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default My Type

Since everyone's at it, I may as well join the fun.

Based on this description of me, what type am I?

I'm a very planned-out and goal-orientated person. If I apply myself enough, I can get results. However, there are instances where I lack the will power to complete my tasks. On occasion, in the near future I'll restart them. But I will always search for a reason or excuse as to why I have not completed the task I set out to do. For example, if it's to do with working out everyday, I'll say after having not done it for a few days 'yeah, well, it's pointless anyway. Look at me. I don't even need to work out. I look fit enough and I'm pretty healthy'. My health and aesthetic appearance is of importance to me. If I saw myself descending into poor health, I'd sort myself out, no question. But if I think I am healthy or fit, I see no need to develop myself further.

I spend a lot of my free time alone, which is normally spent online, playing games, reading, watching films or listening to music.

When I'm with my two close friends, we decentralise, and do our own thing. I do pretty much what I do on my own either with or without them. Occasionally we'll go on a walk and take pictures. Sometimes we talk about each other's traits and how we can develop them and about our prospects in careers, love and life in general.

When I go out, it's normally because I want to catch up with old acquantances. The atmosphere I need is not a loud, abrasive one - I like a quiet drink in a not dead but friendly bar. I don't appreciate clubs very much. After a while of dancing, I just get bored. But if the music's good enough, I can dance and enjoy it.

I love talking for hours with people about politics, philosophy and other world issues, whether they're my own age or fifty years older; doesn't make a difference to me. I love to express my views, and to have others express theirs. I don't tolerate people who ramble on at me - I like a conversation where the balance of talking is equal, otherwise it feels like a one-way lecture, which I have no time for.

I also love to learn, and apply this knowledge to everyday life. In college, I would often apply seemingly irrelevant knowledge to the course I was on (i.e. in philosophy, introduce Castro's and Stalin's regime in some way to like "it's interesting to see how Castro eliminated the Trotskyist faction in Cuba - it would seem that he was not part of a vanguard party after all. Thus, why is he still in power if he is a communist? It doesn't make sense") just to show it off. Sometimes I'd do it for entertainment purposes because it was so audacious.

I don't like working i.e. as in part-time work. I'd rather live off loans and the bare minimum when I go to uni, because I am confident in my ability to later pay it back when I get the chance to enter into the professional, real money-making world. The idea of doing menial, dead end office jobs or working in a call centre, Currys or supermarket for the rest of my life sickens me. I need ambition; I need the prospect of being able to 'go somewhere'. I need open-endedness.

I'm choosing law as a career for many reasons, which reveal quite a lot about me.

Firstly, the money involved is appealing. I personally see a large income as crucial to the enjoyment of life. First, it means I can secure the future of a family (I hope) I have. I can watch my children grow up with the best possible education and life in the best possible place. This is in some ways related to my own life. It isn't exactly the shithole of the world, but I can see myself getting into much debt at uni, and my family is poor. I want to make sure I can pay for my children's education so they have the best possible opportunities in life. This will give me much enjoyment - I love to see people I've helped make it on their own. Second, it means I know I'm doing something that provides me with an enjoyable last 30 years of my life, as well as the (small) amount of time off I get (law is immensely time-consuming).

Secondly, the prospect of self-employment is very attractive. Three quarters of barristers in the UK are self-employed. Again, this is related in part to my own life. I despise being subordinate to anyone. I don't mind the idea of having a teacher to 'teach me the trade' i.e. a barrister who I must shadow for a certain amount of time before I become a qualified barrister, but the idea that I must suffer years of being bossed around by someone higher that me is insufferable.

Thirdly, there are the ethics. It is the idea that justice must be had. I'm going to be a defence lawyer, because I believe that no matter what the defendant has done, they deserve a just trial. I have no such concern for mercy. I am just, through and through. When I hear stories of children that have been condemned for life after the police told them that if they admitted to it, they would let out after ten years, and that they're still in there after half a century, it infuriates me. When I heat of unfair trials thanks to the fact that the defendant represents an ethnic minority, it only motivates me more.

Lastly, is the idea that law is hard work. I love a challenge. And I like coming out better at the end of it. I see life as meaningless, and thus I feel it important to make our own end of it. Since there is nothing to do but enjoy ourselves and fuck for procreation, I've decided that I'd like to push myself to reach my full capabilities as a human being.

However, I might enter into politics. The idea of being at the top; boss of myself; untouchable is appealing. My overall goal is to become my own person though, so that I rely on no one at all - in fact, I want people to rely on me, but then make it on their own once I've done them the favour of taking them under my wing. I value independence immensely, and while I'm not always independent (currently I'm pretty much the opposite) I don't like to talk about it, because it makes me seem weak or incapable of fending for myself - nothing is worse than being perceived thus.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tldr

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: My Type

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra
    Since everyone's at it, I may as well join the fun.

Based on this description of me, what type am I?

I'm a very planned-out and goal-orientated person. If I apply myself enough, I can get results. However, there are instances where I lack the will power to complete my tasks. On occasion, in the near future I'll restart them. But I will always search for a reason or excuse as to why I have not completed the task I set out to do. For example, if it's to do with working out everyday, I'll say after having not done it for a few days 'yeah, well, it's pointless anyway. Look at me. I don't even need to work out. I look fit enough and I'm pretty healthy'. My health and aesthetic appearance is of importance to me. If I saw myself descending into poor health, I'd sort myself out, no question. But if I think I am healthy or fit, I see no need to develop myself further.

I spend a lot of my free time alone, which is normally spent online, playing games, reading, watching films or listening to music.

When I'm with my two close friends, we decentralise, and do our own thing. I do pretty much what I do on my own either with or without them. Occasionally we'll go on a walk and take pictures. Sometimes we talk about each other's traits and how we can develop them and about our prospects in careers, love and life in general.

When I go out, it's normally because I want to catch up with old acquantances. The atmosphere I need is not a loud, abrasive one - I like a quiet drink in a not dead but friendly bar. I don't appreciate clubs very much. After a while of dancing, I just get bored. But if the music's good enough, I can dance and enjoy it.

I love talking for hours with people about politics, philosophy and other world issues, whether they're my own age or fifty years older; doesn't make a difference to me. I love to express my views, and to have others express theirs. I don't tolerate people who ramble on at me - I like a conversation where the balance of talking is equal, otherwise it feels like a one-way lecture, which I have no time for.

I also love to learn, and apply this knowledge to everyday life. In college, I would often apply seemingly irrelevant knowledge to the course I was on (i.e. in philosophy, introduce Castro's and Stalin's regime in some way to like "it's interesting to see how Castro eliminated the Trotskyist faction in Cuba - it would seem that he was not part of a vanguard party after all. Thus, why is he still in power if he is a communist? It doesn't make sense") just to show it off. Sometimes I'd do it for entertainment purposes because it was so audacious.

I don't like working i.e. as in part-time work. I'd rather live off loans and the bare minimum when I go to uni, because I am confident in my ability to later pay it back when I get the chance to enter into the professional, real money-making world. The idea of doing menial, dead end office jobs or working in a call centre, Currys or supermarket for the rest of my life sickens me. I need ambition; I need the prospect of being able to 'go somewhere'. I need open-endedness.

I'm choosing law as a career for many reasons, which reveal quite a lot about me.

Firstly, the money involved is appealing. I personally see a large income as crucial to the enjoyment of life. First, it means I can secure the future of a family (I hope) I have. I can watch my children grow up with the best possible education and life in the best possible place. This is in some ways related to my own life. It isn't exactly the shithole of the world, but I can see myself getting into much debt at uni, and my family is poor. I want to make sure I can pay for my children's education so they have the best possible opportunities in life. This will give me much enjoyment - I love to see people I've helped make it on their own. Second, it means I know I'm doing something that provides me with an enjoyable last 30 years of my life, as well as the (small) amount of time off I get (law is immensely time-consuming).

Secondly, the prospect of self-employment is very attractive. Three quarters of barristers in the UK are self-employed. Again, this is related in part to my own life. I despise being subordinate to anyone. I don't mind the idea of having a teacher to 'teach me the trade' i.e. a barrister who I must shadow for a certain amount of time before I become a qualified barrister, but the idea that I must suffer years of being bossed around by someone higher that me is insufferable.

Thirdly, there are the ethics. It is the idea that justice must be had. I'm going to be a defence lawyer, because I believe that no matter what the defendant has done, they deserve a just trial. I have no such concern for mercy. I am just, through and through. When I hear stories of children that have been condemned for life after the police told them that if they admitted to it, they would let out after ten years, and that they're still in there after half a century, it infuriates me. When I heat of unfair trials thanks to the fact that the defendant represents an ethnic minority, it only motivates me more.

Lastly, is the idea that law is hard work. I love a challenge. And I like coming out better at the end of it. I see life as meaningless, and thus I feel it important to make our own end of it. Since there is nothing to do but enjoy ourselves and fuck for procreation, I've decided that I'd like to push myself to reach my full capabilities as a human being.

However, I might enter into politics. The idea of being at the top; boss of myself; untouchable is appealing. My overall goal is to become my own person though, so that I rely on no one at all - in fact, I want people to rely on me, but then make it on their own once I've done them the favour of taking them under my wing. I value independence immensely, and while I'm not always independent (currently I'm pretty much the opposite) I don't like to talk about it, because it makes me seem weak or incapable of fending for myself - nothing is worse than being perceived thus.
    oh boy
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Holy mud-wrestling bipolar donkeys, Batman!

Retired from posting and drawing Social Security. E-mail or PM to contact.

I pity your souls

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: My Type

not again!

as if 40-gazillion pages or whatever it was last time was not enough!?!!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISFj.
    SLI/ISTp -- Te subtype

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by force my hand
    ISFj.
    I disagree. State your EXACT reasons for typing me as ESI.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSE

TIM
    ILE-Ti
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INTj
    Suomea

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISFj.
    UDP, is that you?
    SLI/ISTp -- Te subtype

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISFj.
    Agreed.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESTp
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    ESTp
    if you think im estp...do you really think me and him are the same type?

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I don't like to talk about it, because it makes me seem weak or incapable of fending for myself - nothing is worse than being perceived thus.
    Dear GOD will this ever end? Dude just accept that you're a damn submissive bottom boy. Nobody is buying this 'OOH I'M SUCH A TOUGH GUY' act from you. Nobody at all. Real men know how to effectively portray their masculinity in effective ways where it's actually intimidating.

Just give it a rest. Just be yourself, please. Dear Lord. I already want to protect and fend for you right now you seem so kitteny to me. You actually have very feminine facial features. What are ya gonna do about it, huh? That's right, not a goddamn thing, because you are a subordinate male like MOST men. You are NOT an alpha male.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves
    I don't like to talk about it, because it makes me seem weak or incapable of fending for myself - nothing is worse than being perceived thus.
    Dear GOD will this ever end? Dude just accept that you're a damn submissive bottom boy. Nobody is buying this 'OOH I'M SUCH A TOUGH GUY' act from you. Nobody at all. Real men know how to effectively portray their masculinity in effective ways where it's actually intimidating.

Just give it a rest. Just be yourself, please. Dear Lord. I already want to protect and fend for you right now you seem so kitteny to me. You actually have very feminine facial features. What are ya gonna do about it, huh? That's right, not a goddamn thing, because you are a subordinate male like MOST men. You are NOT an alpha male.
    ownage...

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISFj.
    UDP, is that you?
    Ahhhhhahahaha. Very witty.

Only kidding. I was thinking more of Phaedrus when I wrote that.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    ESTp
    FDG, I seem to remember that back in the old days of my 70-odd page long forum, it was you who said that you thought that I was SLE. When I told you that I thought you represented it more than me, you replied with "no way, man, you represent SLE far more than I do".

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're Fe leading, yes? What a surprise.

Yes, my face is quite feminine. But I am not a subordinate male. Perhaps we'll meet someday and you'll see why.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shit, guys, I've just had a revelation.

Come to think of it, I've been lying to you all these times. It wasn't ESTJ I scored in pretty much every time I did MBTI tests. No, it was always ISFJ or sometimes ESFJ. I'm actually a cp6w7 with a huge insecurity about myself. I must feed you with false interpretations of myself in order to feel secure that I am not a weakling and that I am not a 'subordinate male' (a MASSIVE HUGE BIG LOVELY FUCKING kudos to you BulletsAndDoves for your MARVELLOUS aptly put phrase - it describes me SO so so so well.) And FDG, all these times on EIDB you said 'damn, Ezra, why didn't you accept ISFj when I said it in the past'. Well, you're right! I'm ISFj. It is the only one for me! How could I be so stupid as to think I was anything else? How could I make up an ENTIRE LIE about my life, and present it to you all on here? I knew some of you would continue the hope that I was actually not SLE, and that I was a liar. You were right! In fact, my facade must be PRETTY FUCKING BRILLIANT if I can manage to hold it up for so long without people realising. Wow.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shit, guys, I've just had a revelation.

Come to think of it, I've been lying to you all these times. It wasn't ESTJ I scored in pretty much every time I did MBTI tests. No, it was always ISFJ or sometimes ESFJ. I'm actually a cp6w7 with a huge insecurity about myself. I must feed you with false interpretations of myself in order to feel secure that I am not a weakling and that I am not a 'subordinate male' (a MASSIVE HUGE BIG LOVELY FUCKING kudos to you BulletsAndDoves for your MARVELLOUS aptly put phrase - it describes me SO so so so well.) And FDG, all these times on EIDB you said 'damn, Ezra, why didn't you accept ISFj when I said it in the past'. Well, you're right! I'm ISFj. It is the only one for me! How could I be so stupid as to think I was anything else? How could I make up an ENTIRE LIE about my life, and present it to you all on here? I knew some of you would continue the hope that I was actually not SLE, and that I was a liar. You were right! In fact, my facade must be PRETTY FUCKING BRILLIANT if I can manage to hold it up for so long without people realising. Wow.
    Awesome, thanks.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

quoted for truth. OK? even it it is tough to hear.

"if you build it he will come" please just stfu about your type. you'll figure it out eventually.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[quote="diamond8"]

+1

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Well, I hope I didn't sound too mean, but this guy obviously wants other men to dominate him or something lol. I just don't know why he feels the need to lie about his natural state of being. Does he REALLY believe he's some big-shot alpha male dude? It's just silly...

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i love how b&d is always sort of like, "duh! it's obvious he wants it in the butt!"
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

socio: INFp - IEI
    ennea: 4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Twain
    Only kings, presidents, editors, and people with tapeworms have the right to use the editorial 'we'.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GRRR I'M EZRA I'LL STREET FIGHT YOU UK STYLE GRR MANCHESTER UNITED

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESTp
    If not the same, then a similar type such as a look alike or comparative.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

"duh! it's obvious he wants it in the butt!"
    Not to throw my sexuality in your angelic faces, but yes, it's my natural gay man powers. Gay men basically believe there are two types of men: Gay men and men that haven't realized they are gay.

Whether it's sexual or not we all crave raw masculine energy. We all want to be bottom boys to it. Even the alphaest of the alphas have other more powerful alphas they respect. It just feels naturally good to be wanted and respected by other men... whether in a gay way or just a friend way. Anybody that denies this is just being an idiot and denying their humanity.

Jokes aside, I think in the future tests will prove that exclusive heterosexuality in males is nowhere near as common as people think. I'm sure there's already been some research but in my experience only about 1 out of 12 men are 100% straight. FWIW, I don't really believe Ezra likes dick (I use homo terminology to drive my point home as ppl know), but if I turn out to be right by accident, can I plz get a cookie?

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESTp
    If not the same, then a similar type such as a look alike or comparative.
    oh please lol, do you ever see me talking about myself in those terms???

think FDG is borderline
    Omg you think i have borderline personality disorder?

Whether it's sexual or not we all crave raw masculine energy. We all want to be bottom boys to it.
    I've always had a question, do you feel pain when being penetrated thru the ass, or it's psychological?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not to throw my sexuality in your angelic faces, but yes, it's my natural gay man powers. Gay men basically believe there are two types of men: Gay men and men that haven't realized they are gay.

Whether it's sexual or not we all crave raw masculine energy. We all want to be bottom boys to it. Even the alphaest of the alphas have other more powerful alphas they respect. It just feels naturally good to be wanted and respected by other men... whether in a gay way or just a friend way. Anybody that denies this is just being an idiot and denying their humanity.

Jokes aside, I think in the future tests will prove that exclusive heterosexuality in males is nowhere near as common as people think. I'm sure there's already been some research but in my experience only about 1 out of 12 men are 100% straight. FWIW, I don't really believe Ezra likes dick (I use homo terminology to drive my point home as ppl know), but if I turn out to be right by accident, can I plz get a cookie?
    Yes, u can has cookie.
    SLI/ISTp -- Te subtype

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you can get more than a cookie just for cracking me up with your flamboyant openness. you remind me of a friend of mine who is equally "!!!" on occasion. i don't entirely doubt you based on my experiences, i haven't researched this much, honestly -- i'm sure i could find supporting/nonsupporting evidence though. i mean, kinsey tried to prove that too but i think his research has been proven to be sort of ambiguous. yet i also think i tend to attract men who are more experimental in this aspect for some reason, although i definitely don't think i do this actively. perhaps you're just really good at making people feel comfortable with their experimental side.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And I thought it was just me that thought everyone was gay! Hah - yes!

You get a cookie for being as nuts as I am.

Mmm... cookies with nuts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've always had a question, do you feel pain when being penetrated thru the ass, or it's psychological?
    LOL - they use lube! my gay friends have reassured me that it doesn't hurt, and it actually feels quite nice, and that i should try it sometime.

but nuh uh, I'm strictly no entry.

Anyway, I don't, biologically speaking, have the prostate gland that makes it fun.

And Ezra, you look like a baby.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know why everyone is attacking Ezra.

Anyway, Ezra reminds me of my ESTp neighbor.
    INTp
    sx/sp

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This thread is going no where and is ridiculous.

Ridiculous because a simple question by a forum member turned into an attack on him.

C'mon. If there's nothing nice to say just don't effin reply to the thread. FFS!
    INTp
    sx/sp

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mea

Anyway, Ezra reminds me of my ESTp neighbor.
    I just like teasing him because he'll usually respond with something I find entertaining. Not trying to be malicious; simply difference in personality.
    SLI/ISTp -- Te subtype

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ifmd95
    Ezra is making a confession of sorts, but how and when? and why, i wonder?
    It isn't, I was playing along.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by discojoe
    GRRR I'M EZRA I'LL STREET FIGHT YOU UK STYLE GRR MANCHESTER UNITED
    Nice one. I actually found that quite funny.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mea
    Because I did something that everyone else is doing, except because there was a 70-page thread on my type no one likes trying to type me, and they think that when I'm curious it means I am a) homosexual, b) weak and c) need approval.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, it's because your over-blown attempt at projecting masculinity irritates people.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    No, it's because your over-blown attempt at projecting masculinity irritates people.
    It's not an attempt though! It's reality! Anyone should be intelligent enough to see that but those who are deficient in the function that means you're clever.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast