Thread:

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default .

Last edited by glam; 02-12-2011 at 01:14 AM.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISTj probably.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENFj sounds likely.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    ISTj probably.
    She seems more EJ than IJ.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    ISTj probably.
    She seems more EJ than IJ.
    But her stinginess doesn't resonate with being NF. Maybe she's an ESTj, actually ESTp can make sense too, more than ENFj. All the ENFj's I've known (all the NFs, actually, by nature of their club) can hardly avoid being generous with their money/time/whatever.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But her stinginess doesn't resonate with being NF. Maybe she's an ESTj, actually ESTp can make sense too, more than ENFj. All the ENFj's I've known (all the NFs, actually, by nature of their club) can hardly avoid being generous with their money/time/whatever.
    I disagree with that, honestly -- I don't see "stinginess" as something that should rule out a type or a club.

However, her precise behavior in that area could fit ESTp.

I don't think ESTj fits. The "I'm always the one to end a relationship" thing doesn't sound like what a Fi dual-seeking, Si Caregiver would make a point of saying. This sounds like a Aggressor or thing to say, if it's something she seems "proud". If she says that, she seems to want to project the image - even to herself - that she's the one "in control", with the "upper hand", while I'd expect an ESTj to be more like "well I did what I could to save the relationship" - but perhaps it's also a teenage thing.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I disagree with that, honestly -- I don't see "stinginess" as something that should rule out a type or a club.

However, her precise behavior in that area could fit ESTp.

I don't think ESTj fits. The "I'm always the one to end a relationship" thing doesn't sound like what a Fi dual-seeking, Si Caregiver would make a point of saying. This sounds like a Aggressor or thing to say, if it's something she seems "proud". If she says that, she seems to want to project the image - even to herself - that she's the one "in control", with the "upper hand", while I'd expect an ESTj to be more like "well I did what I could to save the relationship" - but perhaps it's also a teenage thing.
    Yes, you're right, I failed to mention that I connected that part to being an Aggressor (if I recall correctly, you listed it in the "bullet points" of aggressor's charateristics @ wikisocion).

I see that particularly kind of stinginess as ruling out feeling preference. If she was being stingy for herself - no problem. But pushing for the best deal for rent - rules out both intuition, and feeling.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see that particularly kind of stinginess as ruling out feeling preference. If she was being stingy for herself - no problem. But pushing for the best deal for rent - rules out both intuition, and feeling.
    Hmm. I think it rules out Delta mainly.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm. I think it rules out Delta mainly.
    Why?

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, if you take a broad-brush approach, it goes against their "to protect and to help" basic motto. There is a reason for that. It goes against their Aristocratic concept of what a group of friends and especially a close friend is. Another way of seeing it is -- is that how an ESTj or ISTp would deal with their INFj or ENFp duals?

She needs someone who'll either stand up very clearly and call her bullshit, or someone who'll start a big argument, so she clearly gets the point.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought somewhat of an ESFJ all the way down to the dishonesty part. From there down it didn't seem to fit.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, in socionics there is no "E/I" scale. Either you're an introvert or an extrovert, only they are not the same as being "socially outgoing" or "talkative". What made me think of extroversion was your description of a restless, always-on-the-move person. However, if you're a very relaxed INFp, an ISTj might appear so to you.

That's a very common reaction among people of many types. I don't think it means anything as far as it goes. In my experience, it depends mainly on how you approach people about socionics. If you start by saying, "people can be classified in 16 types", many people immediately react against it. What I do is to carefully point out things like, "yeah, those two don't get each other at all. That's because A is very creative but not very logical, B is very logical but not very creative" - etc.

Also, the prevailing conventional wisdom on such matters, especially under political correctness, still seems to be that "everyone starts as the same" and it is only the environment that shapes you, so again, many people have an immediate gut reaction against the idea of 16 types. That's my interpretation of my observations, anyway.
    Last edited by glam; 02-12-2011 at 01:16 AM. Reason: removing my quotes ;)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think ESTp. They don't like anything remotely passive aggressive, and when dealing those types (perhaps such as yourself) who occasionally use it to avoid conflict, can seem very aggressive or unfair. although, on second thought, i am also a type that does not appreciate passive aggressiveness. if i were your roommate and you had asked me what else was in the drink, i would have automatically assumed that you had caught me redhanded and cut right to the part where i said, "yes i did take some of your drink. let me give you some money."

yes, my brother in law is ESTp and he is married to my sister whose type i cannot quite determine (but INFp had crossed my mind a few times). The nature of their tension, as i perceive it, seems similar to the tension you report with your friend.
    whenever the dog and i see each other we both stop where we are. we regard each other with a mixture of sadness and suspicion and then we feign indifference.

Jerry, The Zoo Story by Edward Albee

TIM
    ILE-Ti
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISTj is what popped into my head as well when I first read it..... a beta NF friend of mine is having very similar problems with her roommate and the girl she is dealing with seems Extroverted on appearance but I suspect her of being an ISTj socionics wise.
    Suomea

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nevermind.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I tell most people in real life about socionics and they're pretty much 'damn I could be any one of those types of people!'