Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 196

Thread: Differences between ISFj-ESI and ISFp-SEI

  1. #1
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,491
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Differences between ISFj-ESI and ISFp-SEI

    What stands out the most?
    SEE-Se, 873 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  2. #2
    Expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,853
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    You mean when you observe them IRL?

    ISFps are more jokey, the ISFj-Fis are more serious.

    During longer conversations, ISFps try to keep the conversation flowing, avoiding heavy moments and disagreements; ISFjs will be more inclined to exchange actual information. The difference between IP emotion-creating and IJ construct-creating.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

  3. #3
    Resident WOP FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Basel
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,236
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    The difference between IP emotion-creating and IJ construct-creating.
    truth
    fatti non foste a viver come bruti ma per seguir virtute e canoscenza

  4. #4
    Danielle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    193
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ISFp tries to make people feel emotionally comfortable, ISFj may withhold the emotional security other people crave. I.E., my father is an ISFp (I think), and he's almost always light-hearted and jovial with people. He makes the emotional atmosphere a pleasant, comfortable one. My grandmother was an ISFj (I think), and she never tried to make the atmosphere light and pleasant. Especially if she thought someone was in the wrong in some way. My father walks away from conflict and angry feelings. My grandmother stood her ground a lot more. ISFp happier, softer expression. ISFj, often cold, impenetrable, or look like smelled something a little bad. ISFp, big smiles, big laughs. ISFj, smaller smiles, more dignified laughter.
    EII
    4w5, sp/sx

  5. #5
    Jarno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    TIM
    ILI-Te
    Posts
    5,349
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ISFP's are totally relaxed, even lazy. That's their most obvious trait I would say.

    I don't know enough ISFJ's to make a sound statement.

  6. #6
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,718
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    An ISFp is more liable to appear like a hippy, or someone who is totally hedonistic, and generally concerned about having a "cool time" (Si, Fe creative). An ISFj is more liable to appear like someone with a huge stick up their ass, a snob, an "asshole" who will do whatever she wants to get her way (Se creative).

    An ISFj is likely to talk shit about how bad someone is behind their back, particularly their flaws.
    An ISFp is more likely to talk nice about people, almost all the time. The ISFp will more likely focus on their inability to make someone happy or "properly give care" to the situation.



    Also - IME, and perhaps not always, but....
    ISFps are always talking about relationships, and usually how bad their own are sucking right now, for whatever reason -- as in, why they are not happy with them.
    ISFjs don't talk about their relationships much, and stick to informational bits, although they will readily give demerits against what they see as negative character traits.

    ISFps seem much more frequently to change relationships as well (IME).
    The above is much more based on individual experience with individual people, so it is less to do with types as a whole, than the above.
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  7. #7
    Blaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,728
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Danielle
    ISFp tries to make people feel emotionally comfortable, ISFj may withhold the emotional security other people crave. I.E., my father is an ISFp (I think), and he's almost always light-hearted and jovial with people. He makes the emotional atmosphere a pleasant, comfortable one. My grandmother was an ISFj (I think), and she never tried to make the atmosphere light and pleasant. Especially if she thought someone was in the wrong in some way. My father walks away from conflict and angry feelings. My grandmother stood her ground a lot more. ISFp happier, softer expression. ISFj, often cold, impenetrable, or look like smelled something a little bad. ISFp, big smiles, big laughs. ISFj, smaller smiles, more dignified laughter.
    excellent, right on.

    ILE

    those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

  8. #8
    Blaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,728
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UDP
    An ISFp is more liable to appear like a hippy, or someone who is totally hedonistic, and generally concerned about having a "cool time" (Si, Fe creative). An ISFj is more liable to appear like someone with a huge stick up their ass, a snob, an "asshole" who will do whatever she wants to get her way (Se creative).

    An ISFj is likely to talk shit about how bad someone is behind their back, particularly their flaws.
    An ISFp is more likely to talk nice about people, almost all the time. The ISFp will more likely focus on their inability to make someone happy or "properly give care" to the situation.



    Also - IME, and perhaps not always, but....
    ISFps are always talking about relationships, and usually how bad their own are sucking right now, for whatever reason -- as in, why they are not happy with them.
    ISFjs don't talk about their relationships much, and stick to informational bits, although they will readily give demerits against what they see as negative character traits.

    ISFps seem much more frequently to change relationships as well (IME).
    The above is much more based on individual experience with individual people, so it is less to do with types as a whole, than the above.
    and you no longer think you're alpha? *shrugs*

    ILE

    those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

  9. #9
    Resident WOP FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Basel
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,236
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ISFjs don't talk about relationships only when they're going bad. Watch it as a signal.

    ISFjs can be loners when out of their main social setting. They can stand long periods - I mean, one week - of lack of social interaction. They can be dowright snobbish also in their choices of who to talk. I haven't met many ISFjs with a "stick up their ass", I think they just stand out more. The low-key, happier, family-oriented kind of ISFj is more easily overlooked. The first one is stereotypically cold, the second one can *resemble* an ISFp in many ways because they are open with their laughter/etc. Only, you will often hear the IJ innuendo "why do I suck so much". That's a good tell-tale.

    ISFps generally are far more social, they easly get to know new people. That's the Fp vs Fj emotivism vs constructivism. ISFps can have an equally developed willpower as an ISFj, not type related. ISFps have a wider circle of friends. ISFp's have also a wider wardrobe, usually. They don't like strong physical exercise - for example, when playing football they always avoid running if not necessary. They're generally very relaxed and have a very steady work rythm, something I truly envy. ISFp males are also pretty good with girls, usually.

    Comparisons: ISFjs are more physically active, and responsive to invitations at being physically active. ISFjs are far more critical of fashion than ISFps. ISFjs are generally rather worrisome when they lack the right amount of Te and Ni. ISFps never seem to be worrisome to me. Neither type is particularly inclined to behind-the-back gossip, when healthy. They are both IxFx though, so you will hear both discussing the relationships between people. They like to share their analysis of the situations.

    Both types have hedonistic streaks, but ISFps will rarely feel guilty about it, whereas an ISFj will worry that she's going to miss the next day due to the hungover. Generally, ISFjs have better grades than ISFps. ISFps more easily though find their way professionally, whereas ISFjs are far pickier and idealistic (Fe doesn't seek Te advice, whereas Fi does).

    A striking difference in first impression is that most of the time ISFjs can appear thinking types, whereas ISFps rarely do. This is the role function speaking, of course. Beware that thinking type doesn't mean cold.
    fatti non foste a viver come bruti ma per seguir virtute e canoscenza

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    TIM
    ILI
    Posts
    2,916
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    An ISFp is more likely to talk nice about people, almost all the time.
    Not entirely true.
    I know an ISFp who is always whining about something, even people. When he's with me, he always telling me how bad his day was, how his boss was in the office today, and that gave him stress, etc. And he kinda expects me to find solutions to his problems. Most annoying.
    Of course not all ISFps are like that.
    INTp
    sx/sp

  11. #11
    Resident WOP FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Basel
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,236
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mea
    An ISFp is more likely to talk nice about people, almost all the time.
    Not entirely true.
    I know an ISFp who is always whining about something, even people. When he's with me, he always telling me how bad his day was, how his boss was in the office today, and that gave him stress, etc. And he kinda expects me to find solutions to his problems. Most annoying.
    Of course not all ISFps are like that.
    Yeah those are unhealthy type trait, not really type related.
    fatti non foste a viver come bruti ma per seguir virtute e canoscenza

  12. #12
    implied's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    7,753
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mea
    An ISFp is more likely to talk nice about people, almost all the time.
    Not entirely true.
    I know an ISFp who is always whining about something, even people. When he's with me, he always telling me how bad his day was, how his boss was in the office today, and that gave him stress, etc. And he kinda expects me to find solutions to his problems. Most annoying.
    Of course not all ISFps are like that.
    lol, yes, i agree. i know an ISFp who is very very much like this. lots of discussions of roommate problems and such.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

  13. #13
    Expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,853
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    ISFjs don't talk about relationships only when they're going bad. Watch it as a signal.

    ISFjs can be loners when out of their main social setting. They can stand long periods - I mean, one week - of lack of social interaction. They can be dowright snobbish also in their choices of who to talk. I haven't met many ISFjs with a "stick up their ass", I think they just stand out more. The low-key, happier, family-oriented kind of ISFj is more easily overlooked. The first one is stereotypically cold, the second one can *resemble* an ISFp in many ways because they are open with their laughter/etc. Only, you will often hear the IJ innuendo "why do I suck so much". That's a good tell-tale.

    ISFps generally are far more social, they easly get to know new people. That's the Fp vs Fj emotivism vs constructivism. ISFps can have an equally developed willpower as an ISFj, not type related. ISFps have a wider circle of friends. ISFp's have also a wider wardrobe, usually. They don't like strong physical exercise - for example, when playing football they always avoid running if not necessary. They're generally very relaxed and have a very steady work rythm, something I truly envy. ISFp males are also pretty good with girls, usually.

    Comparisons: ISFjs are more physically active, and responsive to invitations at being physically active. ISFjs are far more critical of fashion than ISFps. ISFjs are generally rather worrisome when they lack the right amount of Te and Ni. ISFps never seem to be worrisome to me. Neither type is particularly inclined to behind-the-back gossip, when healthy. They are both IxFx though, so you will hear both discussing the relationships between people. They like to share their analysis of the situations.

    Both types have hedonistic streaks, but ISFps will rarely feel guilty about it, whereas an ISFj will worry that she's going to miss the next day due to the hungover. Generally, ISFjs have better grades than ISFps. ISFps more easily though find their way professionally, whereas ISFjs are far pickier and idealistic (Fe doesn't seek Te advice, whereas Fi does).

    A striking difference in first impression is that most of the time ISFjs can appear thinking types, whereas ISFps rarely do. This is the role function speaking, of course. Beware that thinking type doesn't mean cold.
    These are very good observations -- not sure if I agree with all of it, but over 90% at least.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

  14. #14
    EllaC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    London
    Posts
    160
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default What are the main differences between ISFj/ISFp?

    Any ideas? It's just my Dad seems like an ISFp, perhaps... but that's my dual, and up until recently we've always argued. Also, ISFps, as friends, started out well, but then always we both move on as something goes wrong and I don't feel that whole comfort thing, and hmm... I'm just wondering whether my typing is wrong. I'm not the best at it!
    ENTp... love it

    3w2

  15. #15
    confused84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    240
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Its possible.

    Tell us more about your Father and some your Isfp friends you have falling outs with.

  16. #16
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,491
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    What are the main differences between ISFj/ISFp?
    LIEs and ILEs
    SEE-Se, 873 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  17. #17
    EllaC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    London
    Posts
    160
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by confused84 View Post
    Its possible.

    Tell us more about your Father and some your Isfp friends you have falling outs with.
    Dunno, my Dad didn't live up to my standards, i.e. wanting to better himself, having nice habbits/ good public front, sounds shallow, but that's the way it was!

    My friends, well we got along so well, I remember thinking about two of them:
    a) Okay, that may sound weird to others, but it doesn't bother me at all! Why do I not want to change this person?
    b) Wow, that's the most effective shopping trip I've ever had, lol, we were so efficient, I'd never noticed that about shopping with anyone else.

    But on both occassions I felt let down, they moved on, and I being my loyal self thought, these are good finds, I will stick by them. I don't understand.
    ENTp... love it

    3w2

  18. #18
    EllaC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    London
    Posts
    160
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    LIEs and ILEs
    Right...
    ENTp... love it

    3w2

  19. #19
    JRiddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Indian Territory
    TIM
    Ne-ENTp 7w8 sx/so
    Posts
    838
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I find that the easiest way to sort out J/P is static vs. dynamic. I find this relatively hard to do over the net, but reasonably easy in person after some exposure.

    SEIs (ISFps) will focus on the manner in which things are expressed and done. They have a very "flowing" kind of behavior, and seem to be attuned to what is happening, although sometimes they ironically appear detached. They only rarely seem expansive, and tend to be more aware of the way they and others are feeling and how they are experiencing things, rather than what things cause those feelings or what objects define their experience. Although they are capable of the latter, they tend to avoid it too much because it is kinda boring to them. They tend to be involved in activities where the manner and style of performance is important, and attempt to create harmony in most things. They are typically receptive to ideas that help them expand their awareness and provide possibilities for them. They are angered and frustrated by a focus on work processes and extended cause and effect.

    ESIs (ISFjs) are aware primarily of the attitudes of others and the objects that cause certain attitudes and responses. To me, their overall behavior and movement appears more "angular", although this is highly subjective. They can be very direct when provoked or convicted, but usually seem polite and self-assured in a nonchalant manner, as opposed to the more spontaneous "warmth" of the SEI. They usually describe things in terms of orientation toward an object, person, or goal. Though they can be expressive and understand emotional displays well, they get tired of it, and prefer more to find the inner feelings of attraction and repulsion. They often have a strong regard for loyalty, and know how to exact loyalty in the right conditions, and excite people to an ethical goal. They are enchanted by a solid understanding of the ways in which things can be accomplished and the manner in which events lead to one another. They are skeptical of and frustrated by ideas that seem to have little basis in reality, and little application to ethical goals. They are often found in activities that require a great deal of consistency and devotion, and require quick and pragmatic ethical judgements. It is my hypothesis that they invented accounting.

    I hope this helps. It takes a while to get a "feel" for it, and even then it's not perfect. I know I'm not. Good luck!

    JRiddy
    —————King of Socionics—————

    Ne-ENTp 7w8 sx/so

  20. #20
    strrrng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    TIM
    Ni-IEI 4w3 sx/so
    Posts
    8,818
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ella, I think your typing is right, just based off of your style of writing.
    Mortal, mortal, what would you
    With that beauty once was yours?
    Perishable is the dew,
    And the dust endures.

  21. #21
    Resident WOP FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Basel
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,236
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JRiddy View Post
    I find that the easiest way to sort out J/P is static vs. dynamic. I find this relatively hard to do over the net, but reasonably easy in person after some exposure.

    SEIs (ISFps) will focus on the manner in which things are expressed and done. They have a very "flowing" kind of behavior, and seem to be attuned to what is happening, although sometimes they ironically appear detached. They only rarely seem expansive, and tend to be more aware of the way they and others are feeling and how they are experiencing things, rather than what things cause those feelings or what objects define their experience. Although they are capable of the latter, they tend to avoid it too much because it is kinda boring to them. They tend to be involved in activities where the manner and style of performance is important, and attempt to create harmony in most things. They are typically receptive to ideas that help them expand their awareness and provide possibilities for them. They are angered and frustrated by a focus on work processes and extended cause and effect.

    ESIs (ISFjs) are aware primarily of the attitudes of others and the objects that cause certain attitudes and responses. To me, their overall behavior and movement appears more "angular", although this is highly subjective. They can be very direct when provoked or convicted, but usually seem polite and self-assured in a nonchalant manner, as opposed to the more spontaneous "warmth" of the SEI. They usually describe things in terms of orientation toward an object, person, or goal. Though they can be expressive and understand emotional displays well, they get tired of it, and prefer more to find the inner feelings of attraction and repulsion. They often have a strong regard for loyalty, and know how to exact loyalty in the right conditions, and excite people to an ethical goal. They are enchanted by a solid understanding of the ways in which things can be accomplished and the manner in which events lead to one another. They are skeptical of and frustrated by ideas that seem to have little basis in reality, and little application to ethical goals. They are often found in activities that require a great deal of consistency and devotion, and require quick and pragmatic ethical judgements. It is my hypothesis that they invented accounting.

    I hope this helps. It takes a while to get a "feel" for it, and even then it's not perfect. I know I'm not. Good luck!
    Mmm yea I agree with this. I think accounting is perhaps slighlty more ISTj, but I'm not certain. Perhaps just creative-Se. In any case, boring.
    fatti non foste a viver come bruti ma per seguir virtute e canoscenza

  22. #22
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,491
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    SEI's are softer and more outwardly friendly/jovial.
    SEE-Se, 873 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  23. #23
    I had words here once, but I didn't feed them Khola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    TIM
    ESE
    Posts
    3,536
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Ask Kam
    Hello, my name is Bee. Pleased to meet you .



  24. #24
    Your DNA is mine. Mediator Kam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Wisconsin
    TIM
    SEI
    Posts
    4,481
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    She is right. I am ISFp, and my mother is ISFj.

    I enjoy making and hearing a lot of jokes. My mother never has made a joke and she laughs about normal everyday happenings, while I laugh at things that are more far-out and unreal. That is the Ne PoLR in action. Random(me) vs. Static/Normal(her) I am more smiley and jovial than her. I rarely yell about anything, but if I do, I scream and just get furious. My mother enjoys to raise her voice if she is challenged in any way.

    She hates to discuss sex, homosexuality, or anything like that because discussing such topics out loud is just "bad". I see no problem with it, because sex and homosexuality are real topics. Very very very moralistic woman, she isn't afraid to voice her opinion on issues of morality. I have seen a lot of Fi PoLR from ILE's and I know my mother would lay the smackdown on them if she heard them. I'm more accepting of people overall also. I will make friends with everyone, my mother chooses her friends very very cautiously.

    Anything else, I'm here. I know my mom very well.
    D-SEI 9w1

    This is me and my dual being scientific together

  25. #25
    EllaC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    London
    Posts
    160
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Thanks guys! You have all painted a better picture / "feel" for the differences, it has helped, and I think I understand who is what now - explains a few things! Thank you all muchly
    ENTp... love it

    3w2

  26. #26
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,491
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ESI's are extremely playful, some of the most playful people I've known. However, you have to be close to them in order to see it, generally speaking.
    SEE-Se, 873 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  27. #27
    Éminence grise mikemex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Third Planet
    TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Posts
    1,642
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    SEIs don't care about business, ESIs love the topic.
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses) | My work

    You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

  28. #28
    Elro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Not here
    Posts
    2,796
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Diana View Post
    Kamangir is right. ISFjs are all dead serious. We only laugh about dishes and laundry and driving to the dentist. Nothing else is fit for even a smile. We would never tell our kids that we had just traveled through a wormhole and were on the opposite side of the country when they ask us how much longer to our destination. We would never make up silly songs or dances, or do handstands in our living rooms, or allow our kids to ride bicycles inside the house on a rainy day. We yell about everything, and never joke around. We especially do not make up elaborate metaphors with our friends. We shun everyone who is not up to the proper standards. Serious and stoic, thy name is ISFj.
    Just in case anyone missed this, I think Diana made this post during opposite day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Holy mud-wrestling bipolar donkeys, Batman!

    Retired from posting and drawing Social Security. E-mail or PM to contact.


    I pity your souls

  29. #29
    Your DNA is mine. Mediator Kam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Wisconsin
    TIM
    SEI
    Posts
    4,481
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Under no exaggeration, Diana's description of ESI is so much like my mom that I never noticed she was mocking me.

    It is a very good profile of a middle aged ESI, one with 3 kids, all born after 35.
    D-SEI 9w1

    This is me and my dual being scientific together

  30. #30
    ...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    9,182
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    LIEs and ILEs
    Quote Originally Posted by EllaC View Post
    Right...


    I think Joy has the right idea; she simply hasn't explained it clearly enough.

    Essentially, what people have completely missed is the fact that ESIs and SEIs are in opposing quadras. ESIs value the exact opposite of what SEIs value. They are as good as each other at the same things (Se, Si, Fe and Fi); they merely value completely different things.

    Some people like this style of explanation. Others prefer it if you "just give me the differences in real-life terms - no theoretical crap". If you like the former, ask me (or Joy or Expat or anyone else who follows this style of reasoning) more about the differences and I'd/we'd be glad to tell you. If you like the latter, just carry on what you're doing; you'll get plenty of responses.

  31. #31
    force my hand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,334
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The main difference between ISFps and ISFjs is that the former jump out at me whereas I never seem to notice the latter.

    Oh, you wanted something objective? Whoops, sorry!
    SLI/ISTp -- Te subtype

  32. #32
    JRiddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Indian Territory
    TIM
    Ne-ENTp 7w8 sx/so
    Posts
    838
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Pam (SEI) vs. Angela (ESI) from The Office (US Version)

    But most ESIs are no where near as rigid and mean as Angela is, so don't get the wrong idea. This show, in my estimation, really contrasts the Alpha Values (Michael, Jim, Pam) with Gamma Values (Dwight, Angela, Jan)

    JRiddy
    —————King of Socionics—————

    Ne-ENTp 7w8 sx/so

  33. #33
    Revan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Florida
    TIM
    ILE
    Posts
    47
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Exclamation Differences between SEI ISFp and ESI ISFj

    I was wondering if anyone could give me the fundamental differences between a SEI and an ESI? Being an ILE this can be concerning because one is my dual and the other is my conflictor. I would love to know how to identify each and even some similarities could be useful, I suppose. Also, what exactly does a relationship of conflict look like? And finally what do SEIs think of ESIs? I'm concerned because I believe I'm in a relationship with a SEI, but I'm not completely sure.

  34. #34
    Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Holy Temple of St. Augusta
    Posts
    3,699
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ESI in my experience:
    Tend to bottle feelings while keeping a restrained cryptic manner.
    Tend to care about punishments and discipline, even when joking.
    They're also big on devotion and feel that they give more than they receive.
    Quick to react to emergencies / seems to always expect an emergency.
    Prefer the time-tested, old, familiar things in life.
    Shy around unfamiliar people or in unfamiliar situations, have a dominating presence otherwise.
    Realists / materialistic(when not being frugal).
    Can be dogmatic and boastful.
    Secretly romantic/poetic.

    Conflictor relationships = relationships of ingratitude & suppression
    Last edited by EyeSeeCold; 02-05-2012 at 09:09 PM.
    (i)NTFS

    An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

    31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

    Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites


    Fidei Defensor

  35. #35
    Decadent Charlatan Aquagraph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Continental Vinnland
    TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Posts
    3,981
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    You're either too desperately lonely and/or in love to not care about dating your conflictor whose a bitch who wants to conform your ways and thinking, or then you're dating someone who is not your conflictor. You might be also dating Allie in which case you should not worry about dating with your conflictor but rather focus on being too cool.
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

  36. #36
    Resident WOP FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Basel
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,236
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EyeSeeCold View Post
    Tend to care about punishments and discipline, even when joking.
    Generally untrue for those born past the 60s...

    Realists / materialistic(when not being frugal).
    How can they be both frugal and materialistic? D:

    IME ISFjs would kind of like spending some money but generally hold back as much as they can. Males ESI can act differently, more showoff-y.
    fatti non foste a viver come bruti ma per seguir virtute e canoscenza

  37. #37
    Crispy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,068
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I forgot where (i'll post it if i find it) but Aushra described SEI/IEI as the "warmest" of the socion, and ESI/EII as the "coldest" of the socion.
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)

  38. #38
    Restricted user
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    8,077
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crispy View Post
    I forgot where (i'll post it if i find it) but Aushra described SEI/IEI as the "warmest" of the socion, and ESI/EII as the "coldest" of the socion.
    From an ENTp POV maybe.

  39. #39
    not a bumblebee octo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    TIM
    IEI 4-6-9 apparently
    Posts
    2,748
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    From an ENTp POV maybe.
    Luckily both Aushra and the question asker are apparently ILE!
    Quote Originally Posted by Agee The Great View Post
    Nobody here...besides me, seems to know what SLE is except for maybe Maritsa.

  40. #40
    Decadent Charlatan Aquagraph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Continental Vinnland
    TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Posts
    3,981
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    From an ENTp POV maybe.
    I wanna hear ENTj POV on ESIs and SEIs.
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •